• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 664 Views, 0 Comments

A Canterlot Concert - JusSonic



The pop singer Count Coloratura meets new friends who are connected to an old friend of her own.

  • ...
 0
 664

Chapter 1

A Canterlot Concert

Canterlot was wild, more so than usual, one could imagine! Ponies of all sorts are leaving the concert stadium where the pop star Countess Coloratura has performed for them after her fateful concert in Ponyville. What's interesting is that the pony star has fired Svengallop, her manager for exploiting and reveal her true self to her fans.

The fans loves the new Coloratura, they thought it was an improvement. A lesson is learned: just be yourself.

Three friends of Twilight Sparkle's is heading on home, enjoying the concert. Minuette laughs, "Got to admit. Best concert I have ever been to."

"Yes, who knew that Count Coloratura would be so...like us," Lemon Hearts said with a thoughtful look. "And right after she came from a concert in Ponyville."

"Yeah. Twilight and her friends must've improved her."

"I've heard she is friends with one of Twilight's friends...Applejack, I think." Twinkleshine said with a smile. "So what do you think, Moon Dancer?"

"WHOOO! BEST CONCERT EVER, COLORATURA ROCKS!" Moon Dancer exclaims as she dances around like a wild mare. This surprised her friends. She has never acted like this before! Upon noticing her friends' amused looks, Moon Dancer calms down before speaking, "Errr, that was...an amusing concert..."

"Admit it, you are a fan." Minuette said to Moon Dancer with a smirk. The once friendless pony couldn't help but smirk at that.

"All right, I admit it! I am a big fan too. I listened to her business sometimes whenever I study. Hey, all work and no music makes Moon Dancer a dull DULL pony."

"Yeah, I bet." Lemon Hearts jokes as she nudges Moon Dancer a bit. "So anyone got any plans for tonight?"

"I am planning on going back to the tower for a little sleepover." Moon Dancer said to her friends with a smirk. "Want to join?"

Her friends were about to say when they saw a mare in a hood and cloak trotting away...and dropping some sort of sash. Minuette came up and takes it. Better return the sash, it's the right thing to do after all!

"Hey!" Minuette calls to the pony who turns and yelps as she and her friends trotted up. The unknown mare yelps as she makes a run for it. "Wait, come back!"

"Minuette want to return something!" Twinkleshine exclaims as the four unicorns chased the mysterious pony. Weird, why is she running?

"Come back, we aren't going to hurt you!" Moon Dancer exclaims in concern. The mysterious pony rushes into a nearby alley. "Weird. Ponies don't normally want to run without reason..."

"Unless they got something to hide." Lemon Hearts said with a suspicious look on her face. "What if it's Starlight Glimmer try to convert us again?"

"She wouldn't do that the second time! Would she?"

The four mares rushes into the alley...and find the mysterious mare trying to find a way to escape, but she is trapped in front of a dead end. There's no other way to go!

"Stay away! I'm warning you!" The mare exclaims frantically as she backs up...and trips, causing her hood to fall off in the progress.

The four mares gasps as the mare herself is a female Earth Pony with moderate opal eyes, a mane of dark grayish indigo with dark indigo and moderate opal highlights, her coat is Light Aquamarineish gray. The four recognize her at once from the concert before.

"Oh my Herd!" Lemon Hearts exclaims, squealing in delight. "You're Count..."

"Ssshhhh!" The pop singer exclaims in alarm as she got up and cut Lemon Hearts off. "Please! Don't say my name."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I am taking a break after my concert, wanting some peace and quiet. Not a word, please?"

"Well..." Minuette said thoughtfully as she and her friends look at each other. Then they nodded. "All right, no problem."

"Just call me by the name that my friend Applejack likes to call me "Rara"." Countess Coloratura AKA Rara insists to the four unicorns with a sigh. She wanted some peace and quiet after a big concern.

"We will take the hint. Oh, you dropped this." Minuette then hands the sash over to Rara who takes it. "That's why we were chasing you so we can return it."

"Oh thank you. I thought you were crazed fans for a moment."

"What, us? Yeah, we're crazed fans...but even we're friends who would give privacy when asked for." Twinkleshine admits with a giggle. "Well, unlike Applejack's sister Apple Bloom and her friends at first..."

"Yeah, I think she told me that." Rara said with a chuckle, recovering from the shock that she went through. The singer recalled Applejack telling her about what Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo once did.

"Listen, why don't we start over, please? My name is Twinkleshine."

"I am Minuette, this is Lemon Hearts." Minuettte said as Lemon Hearts gave an innocent wave.

"And I am Moon Dancer. We are friends of Princess Twilight Sparkle, who is friends of your friend Applejack." Moon Dancer said, explaining the connection between them and the Princess of Friendship.

"Which makes us your friends too!" Lemon Hearts exclaims with a giggle.

"Oh yes, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I remember her, she helped Applejack expose Svengallop for the exploiting jerk he truly is." Rara said with a sigh, recalling Twilight very well. "If she hasn't, my friendship with Applejack would've ended badly when we argued."

"So we said. So you wanted peace and quiet, huh?" Moon Dancer ask Rara who nodded. "Well, I think we know the right place."

-----------

"So the Princess of Friendship used to live here?" Rara ask in amazement as she and the four unicorns entered the tower that Twilight and Spike used to live in back before they moved to Ponyville. "Amazing."

"It was dusty due to Twilight leaving it for so long but we cleaned it up." Minuette admits happily as she and her friends set up a table. "Since this place is only used for Celestia's students, only the authorized ones and friends are allowed."

"So you got plenty time for privacy." Lemon Hearts adds happily as the four sat down.

"Thank you." Rara said with a sigh as she sat down at the table. "It's hard to get privacy...but more easier to make new friends."

"So was your life hard...if you don't mind giving out some details." Twinkleshine said, anxious to hear about Rara's pop star life.

"Well, it was good. Some ponies think I have high standards and only greets other ponies with hoof-shaped autograph stamps. But I love doing charity work and meeting the foals."

"Like Apple Bloom and the princess's daughter Nyx, right?" Moon Dancer ask Rara, getting a giggle from her.

"Yes, I do. I lost touch with my true self over the years...but you all know how I came about." Rara said, smiling as she recalled how Applejack managed to helped her be true to herself. "Svengallop is gone but I am able to move on without that exploiting jerk!"

"Yeah, we got friends who helped us opened ourselves up." Moon Dancer remarks, recalling how Twilight was able to help her make friends after years of losing touch.

“So tell us, what’s life like being a star?” Lemon Hearts asked the next question in what it’s like for Countess Coloratura to be a famous star some more.

“Has it been hard for you?” Twinkleshine asked off if this mare has hard times being a star.

“Have you meant any cute stallions?” Minuette asked this other question of what was one her mind.

“Wait, what?” Rara yelps from being asked that sudden question out of nowhere. “I’m sorry, I don’t think I have.” She stated off to say theist the response.

“Really now, from my perspective, I thought you have many lovers.” Moon Dancer stated to say this in thinking this mare had a lot of lovers that called for her.

“Those are fans…” Rara exclaimed to say that a lot of stallions love her as they love her singing & performances.

“So then, have you met any other famous celebs?” Lemon Hearts asked off this next question that was on the topic.

“A few….” Rara was counting down those that she has met & known.

“What about a really famous guy, like say…Johnny Brock?” Twinkleshine asked off the next question about a super star type celebrity.

“Whah?” Rara yelps again in being asked about a name of someone she knows in the music biz. “Oh, yes…he’s also someone I know.” She lightly calms down to explain this to those here.

“You know, I heard from Pinkie Pie that Johnny Brock helped her convince your old manager to come to Ponyville since he made famous performances here.” Minuette pointed out in having heard something that she got from Pinkie Pie.

“Really?” Rara yelps again in being surprised to hear this. “I…didn’t think he help me out by having me come to Ponyville.” She stated in never guessing Johnny Brock was the sole reason why her former manager was convinced to allow her to perform in Ponyville.

“Well he must care a lot that he somehow wanted you to come here & where you met up with your old friend.” Lemon Hearts pointed out to say this in thinking Johnny Brock was helping the Countess out.

“That’s right, Applejack was your friend. Perhaps he felt like you should come to a place where you were helped to see the truth.” Moon Dancer stated to say this in having to guess what was the result of the mare coming to Ponyville, so that Applejack would help her.

“You must be special for him to help out.” Twinkleshine stated to say this in how Johnny Brock went out of the way to help the mare.

“No, that’s just how he is….his music really lifts up the souls, even I like it.” Rara shook her head to simply state off this fact.

“Do you like him back?” Lemon Hearts asked off a sudden question here.

“Well, what’s not to like about him.” Rara shrug off to say that there was no reason not to like Johnny Brock, he’s a good musician.

“No, we mean more than like him!” Minuette pointed off in stating this as a closer clue to the question.

“Well, I do love his music.” Rara stated off in liking the guy’s music.

“I think what they are asking is, if you like-like the guy.” Moon Dancer simply spoke off in getting straight to the main topic.

“Wait, you mean….” Rara yelps in suddenly realizing what the topic was about. “Well, that’s hard too explain, I mean….when we sang together, it felt like our voices were a perfect match, & his Musical Spirit Ponies, they really are nice, and…” She was starting to blush a bit, the thought about being in some relationship with Johnny Brock was crazy, & she…

“Eeekk….you like him!” The three mares squealed off to say this in seeing that the mare here really likes Johnny Brock, much to her flustering more so than before.

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us, but I can’t say much when the rest of Equestria feels like you two are a perfect singing match made under Cloudsdale.” Moon Dancer stated off to say this in what she & the others would try to do, at least until it got out.

“Ah-huh, you don’t say.” Rara blushes a bit from guessing the media would put her & Johnny Brock as a nice lovers match in the music business. “Still, I do feel that he’s a great pony, his touch with music to affect & reach out so many ponies…is what I like about him. I guess I wanted to be like him since he could perform things, freely."

“Well now you can too, after all, just be yourself, that’s something Twilight help me to see.” Moon Dancer stated to say this with a smile across her face.

"Well, we'll see what happened."

"You know, Moon Dancer was planning on a little sleepover here." Minuette said with a smirk, recalling what Moon Dancer mentioned on doing before the four mares met Rara.

"You can join us if you want." Twinkleshine said with a giggle. Rara can be herself and have fun.

"Well...I did tell my staff that I will be needing some peace and quiet after my concert...and what better to do it...than with new friends." Rara said with a thoughtful smile. She hasn't had a sleepover in a long time.

The four mares squeal a bit but calms down as Rara shakes her head with a smile. Perhaps they oughta treat her more like a friend than a pop singer for tonight.

-----------

It was morning as the five new friends woke up in Twilight's former tower home. They had a great time of telling stories, eating marshmallows, and telling amusing secrets. Rara enjoyed having fun without the stress of her singing life and anything that goes with it (well, the mare likes the charity work and foal greeting).

But right now, Rara decided it's time to get back before her staff gets worried.

“It’s been great getting to know you. If there was anything you need…just ask.” Rara smiled to say this in wanting to give something to those that she has befriended.

“Oh, maybe tickets to your next concert?” Lemon Hearts asked off about getting tickets for this mare’s next show.

“Or how about backstage passes?” Twinkleshine suggested they get to be backstage doing the show.

“Or meeting hunky super star stallions?” Minuette asked this off in meeting some dreamy hunks.

“Um, I’ll see what I can do.” Rara lightly replied off in thinking those be tough orders to fill.

“Well just do your best, after all…you are the most famous pop singer in Equestria.” Moon Dancer smiled off to easily say this in being the more reasonable one of the bunch.

“I know, & that’s why I’ll help with my songs & words to inspire other ponies. Even with the tough times with the Three Lords, if Johnny Brock can spread his words to save lives, then I wanna do the same thing…if possible.” Rara spoke off in wanting to help make a difference for everyone to listen to her words as she sings.

“It’s possible, with friends beside you.” Moon Dancer smiled off to say this in how someone like Countess Coloratura can do stuff if she has friends to help her out.

Then in a touchy moment, Moon Dancer, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, & Minuette gather around Countess Coloratura in a group hug motion; as Rara smiled in accepting this farewell hug moment.

Afterwards. the five let go as Rara sighs, "Thank you. Listen, we should write sometime...whenever I am not writing to Applejack or visiting. Until we meet again, my friends!"

The four smiles, waving goodbye as Rara put her cloak and hood on and heads out to get back. Moondancer's friends cannot believe that they are now friends with the great Counut Coloratura...

But it isn't so. They are friends with Rara. That's enough for them.

The End

Author's Note:

Lena Hall: Countess Coloratura AKA Rara
Kazumi Evans: Moondancer
Rebecca Hussain: Minuette
Ashleigh Ball: Lemon Hearts
Tabitha St. Germain: Twinkle Shine

How nice. New friendship is formed! I'm glad to get this done.

All right, while I would get to an origin story, I decided to wait until the next three fics done. Trust me, it's worth the wait. Here's the next one..

"Griffon a Good Talking To: (set very shortly "A Canterlot Concert" AND the "Siege on the Crystal Empire" comic book story, but JUST before the "Cutie Re-Mark"): Now a fugitive following her role in trying to take over the Crystal Empire, Lightning Dust ends up running afoul Gilda. Having found out about the events of the Crystal Empire take over from Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, Gilda is all too happy to give Lightning Dust both a good beat down AND an equally good tirade.
Villain: Lightning Dust"

Hoo boy. Lightning Dust is in trouble. Read, review and suggest!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment