• Published 20th Dec 2015
  • 3,307 Views, 18 Comments

In Need of a Hobby - Sweetheart_a_Light



With Applejack and Rarity out of town and Pinkie and Fluttershy becoming more and more close to each other, Twilight and Rainbow find themselfs feeling lonelly, so they start hanging out some more.

  • ...
6
 18
 3,307

Chapter 6: Happy Endings All Around Us

The sun’s rays were fading, leaving room for the evening, two mares were walking down to the local bakery, the Sugarcube Corner. Inside, there was a small party going on, with tons of sweet treats, music and a banner saying ‘Welcome Back Home, We’re Glad That You’re Dating’ with big, capital letters.

The party wasn’t loud and extreme, it was more like a meeting, if anything. It was the surprise party that Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Rainbow planned for Applejack and Rarity.

But only Pinkie and Fluttershy were the ones who said ‘Surprise!’ when the newly formed couple arrived at the bakery.

“Pinkie, darling,” Rarity asked, “are you sure that they didn’t say anything?”

“They told me that they were going to be late,” Pinkie answered, “but I really don’t know why!"

“Do you think something bad happened to them?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“Nah, they’re fine!” Pinkie said. “That’s Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, remember? The most brave and powerful ponies ever!”

“She’s right, Fluttershy!” Applejack said, comforting the shy pegasus. “If there’s anypony who could beat any monster or critter, it’s those two!”

Fluttershy hid behind her mane. “I hope you’re right... I don’t want anything happening to them.”

“No way something like that’s going to happen to them!” said a confident and familiar voice. “They’re way too awesome for being eaten by some monster!”

The four ponies all turned to the door to see Rainbow and Twilight, side by side.

“What a relief!” Fluttershy sighed.

“We were starting to get worried about you!” Rarity said.

“What happened?” Pinkie asked.

Twilight and Rainbow then turned their heads to the opposite side and uncovered their ears.
They were wearing special somepony ornaments. Twilight’s earring was shaped like a white cloud with a red, yellow and blue lightning bolt, with a blue feather hanging from it. Rainbow’s earring was shaped like a six-pointed magenta starburst, with white points appearing in between the points of the starburst, with five smaller white starbursts around the bigger one, with a purple feather hanging from it.

The other four friends couldn’t believe it.

“We always had a thing for each other, but only now we had courage to admit it,” Twilight said, breaking the silence.

“Well, we do know how that feels!” Rarity said. They all nodded.

“We couldn’t say earlier because we thought that it would end our friendship,” Rainbow admitted.

“But it only made it stronger!” the six friends agreed in unison

“Yeah, we know how that is,” Fluttershy said.

They all laughed.

“So, it looks like we have to celebrate a ‘Glad We’re All Dating’ party now!" Pinkie cheered, jumping and throwing streamers out of nowhere. “Woo hoo!!”

Suddenly, Spike enters in the bakery, huffing and panting.

“Did I miss anything?” he asked.

“Not at all Spike,” Twilight answered. “Did you bring the music we wanted?”

Spike took a vinyl disc out of his backpack.

“Right here!” he said.

“Thanks,” Twilight said”

She took the disc and put it on the disc player. Pop music started to play.

The six friends turned into three pairs and started dancing while Spike devoured the cupcakes in a faraway table.

This Is Our Big Night

This is our big night
We’re getting ready
And we’re doing it up right
This is our big night
Friendship survived,
Now we’ll start it out right
The time’s right, gonna make it last ’cause it’s the first night
That we’re ever gonna start to just have fun together
We’re so glad, so happy we could never be mad
Did it right now, this is our big night now
Six friends on the way up now
Six friends here to show you how
This is our big night
We’re getting ready
And we’re doing it up right
This is our big night
We made it happen
Now let’s party all night
We’re here now and we worked so hard to make it come around
To tonight so let’s try to make it last forever
This is our big night
This is our big night
This is our big night
This is our big night

Author's Note:

That's the end of the road for us again! I hope you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:
Here's some cute PMV's I found on YouTube to celebrate!! :pinkiehappy:

Barbie Twilight by Tridashie (TwiDash)
Everyday I Chase After Her by residentmaria (TwiDash, RariJack and FlutterPie)


Oh and a little fun fact: the song in the end was supposed to be Love is in Bloom, but some of the lyrics didn't match with the story, like the "a beautiful bride and a handsome groom" part, so I used that song that everybody hates from the first EQG movie. Why? Because it's pop music and I think the lyrics fit very well. I also was skeptical to wheater or not use it, but I did anyway. It's not really bad in my opinion, it's just very cliché...

Comments ( 6 )

I liked it
I liked it a lot

6766634 it's always a pleasure. :^D

7026384 Thanks! And don't worry, it's going to be edited! :raritywink:

7874725 very true, very true...

Okay. I'll give you this. You improved a lot with this one. Your delivery still needs tweaking but overall it was better than the first two. There are still some typos and grammar errors you need to work on. But most of all I'd like an explanation behind this whole "Special Somepony Ornament" thing.

Login or register to comment