• Published 20th Dec 2015
  • 3,307 Views, 18 Comments

In Need of a Hobby - Sweetheart_a_Light



With Applejack and Rarity out of town and Pinkie and Fluttershy becoming more and more close to each other, Twilight and Rainbow find themselfs feeling lonelly, so they start hanging out some more.

  • ...
6
 18
 3,307

Chapter 5: Night

When the moon reached it’s highest point in the sky, Twilight and Rainbow were heading off to the castle, swirling in the air and laughing without a care.

“Well, I guess that’s the end of the road for me,” Rainbow said, still smiling.

“Not at all,” Twilight said. “I want you to stay for dinner.”

Somepony needs to feed Tank,” Rainbow said in a really sarcastic tone

“You’re not that irresponsible, Dash,” Twilight responded with a laugh. “I know you didn’t leave your house with the intention of staying out all day without leaving enough food for him.”

“You’re really smart, huh?” Rainbow said.

“I am egghead, after all,” Twilight said, giving a wink.

They both let out a laugh.

“But seriously, Rainbow,” Twilight said, “I do insist that you stay for dinner.”

“No need to insist,” Rainbow said, patting her belly. “I’m hungry as a horse!”

“Yeah, me too,” Twilight admitted. “Flying takes a whole lot of energy.”

They entered in the castle and walked down the hallways. Twilight went ahead to a different door and knocked.

“Spike?” she asked. “Are you wake?”

The door opened almost immediately, revealing the small purple dragon.

“Hey Twilight!” he said. “Thank Celestia you’re back! I was starting to get worried.”

“No need to, Spike,” Twilight said. “I was just taking some lessons with Rainbow. I was hoping you could make a special dinner for us.”

“What kind of ‘special?’” Spike asked, confused.

“‘Special’ as in ‘actual dinner,’ not just a daisy sandwich.” Twilight answered. Spike gave her a deadpan face. “You know that I would cook myself if I was a better cook, Spike. Just do it this time please?”

Spike sighed. “Fine, fine. C’mon ladies. To the kitchen.”


The dinner was absolutely delicious. The table was filled with two pots of lettuce, tomato and carrot salad, with a cherry on top. There was a big basket of various fruits, such as apples, oranges and pears. It also had a vegetable pie and a chocolate cake as a desert. There also was a bowl of gems in the left corner.

The two friends barely talked to each other during the dinner. They were too busy filling their stomachs.

Spike was eating his jewels quietly at the side of the table, but Rainbow and Twilight were devouring their food like two hungry manticores. He really didn’t mind, knowing how each of their friends ate, and that these two acted like carnivores. Fortunately, Spike hadn’t made any hayburgers.
It took some time until they finally finished the dinner.

“I haven’t dined that much since I left my parent’s house!” Rainbow said, half asleep.

“Me neither,” Twilight admitted. “I don’t usually tell Spike to make the dinner, but when he does, it’s never like that!”

“Well, I just thought that it could be really special,” Spike said.

“Thanks, kid.”

“Thank you, Spike.”

“No problem!” Spike said.

Twilight turned to Rainbow, blushing a little.

“By the way, Rainbow,” she started, “I want to thank you for the time we spent together today. We should do more of that.”

“Totally!” Dash agreed. “Actually Twi, I wanted to ask you something.”

Twilight’s little blush turned into a big one. “What is it?”

“Can I stay with you tonight?” Rainbow asked in what sounded to Twilight was a nervous tone. “It’s already late in the night, and it’s pretty cold outside…”

“No, it’s okay!” Twilight immediately answered. “Really, no problem. You can totally stay with m- us tonight!”

Spike noticed almost instantly what was going on and got out of their way.

“Well, if either of you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen, washing those dishes,” he said. “Good night.”

And with that, he left the two mares alone.

“Uh…” Twilight fumbled over her words as she thought of what to say. “So, do you want to choose a room or–”

“Can I sleep with you?” Rainbow interrupted, pretty worried.

“As in the same room or…” Twilight asked.

“As in… the same… bed…” Rainbow answered slowly.

Twilight couldn’t hide it anymore. She couldn’t. Not after everything they did today. Twilight simply smiled at her friend.

“Yes,” she said calmly.

Rainbow looked in shock at her friend. She was accepting that? But as soon as she saw her smile, she realized what happened. She gave a big smile back and flew off to Twilight’s bedroom.

As Twilight couldn’t reach Rainbow, she teleported herself in front of the door.

“Hey, not fair!” Rainbow complained. Twilight just showed her tongue.

Rainbow Dash then grabbed Twilight and lay down in the bed.

Twilight laughed “Good night, Dash.”

“Good night, Twi,” Rainbow said.

And so they slept peacefully, dreaming about the lesson they learned that day. Being loyal has it’s own magic.