• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 2,220 Views, 24 Comments

Nothing Like You - flutteredchaos



What happens when Shy's mother takes in another troubled delinquent, who seems to have taken interest in her?

  • ...
10
 24
 2,220

Denouement - part 2

Discord was huffing, escaping into the brisk streets and onto the highway. One of the gang members had shot Sombra, eliminating him as the leader for good. Whoever shot him would be the new leader, and Discord thought it best to get out while he could. Now he was on his way back to where he promised he would be.

Shy paced back and forth before the window, checking every couple of minutes if he was there. He had been gone for a little over an hour and she was beginning to lose hope. She slumped to the ground and covered her mouth to restrain a sob. She thought about the first time she met him, how intimidating yet inciting he was.

The doorknob turned and the door pushed open, loud feet shuffled inside.

"Discord!?" Shy jumped from the floor wide eyed and heart racing.

"Er, fraid not," Cranky uttered, hands by his side. "Where's Discord?"

Shy crossed her arms with pursed lips and lowered eyes. "He's running an errand."

Cranky cocked an eyebrow. "An errand?"

"Mhm," She nodded. "Picking up some food."

Cranky smiled with amused eyes and set something down on the unmade bed.

"I just wanted to bring him this, thought he might like it."

She looked down at the little brown box curiously and watched Cranky head for the door.

"Have a good night," He said.

She smiled tightly and clasped her hands together. "You too."

The door shut and she breathed a sigh of relief. She turned around to look at the box and walked over to it to brush her fingers along the smooth wooden top.

She silently wondered what Cranky had given him and went to open the latch- but a sound stopped her. The door opened.

"Flutters," she heard his voice from behind. She was too afraid to turn around. Too afraid to look and realize she'd only imagined his voice. She swallowed and retracted her shaking hand from the box.

Discord didn't need to see her face to know she was afraid. The way she stood was tense and her hands were trembling. He wanted to grab her and make her turn around and look at him!

"Turn around, Flutters," he whispered.

Shy felt a tear fall down her cheek and mumbled, "I can't,"

He stepped forward and grabbed her hand, pulling her toward him. She spun around in an instant and clung to him so tightly he almost couldn't breathe. He didn't even mind.

"I was so worried," She mumbled into his chest.

"I'm really alright." Discord told her.

She pulled away slowly to look at his face. "Did you-"

"He's dead...but I didn't kill him."

Shy raised her eyebrows. "Who did?"

Discord shook his head. "Doesn't matter, it's done. We need to get you home..."

Shy gave him a small smile and gasped suddenly. "I almost forgot- Cranky left something for you. Over on the bed." She pointed.

Discord saw the box lying there and lowered his brow. He went around the bed and leaned down to open the latch.

"What's inside?" Shy asked from behind him.

Discord shook his head, he didn't understand. "Just a key," He said.

"A key?"

"I don't know what it's for..." He muttered.

"We should go ask! He's probably still at his desk!" Shy enthused.

Discord smiled at her. She was practically bouncing up and down like a little kid. They left the room to find Cranky, key in hand.

Cranky was doing his usual night routine, checking his cash register and going over files of paperwork. A little bell chimed as the two walked into the booking room.

Cranky looked up from his paperwork and gave a little smile.

"You got my present?" Cranky asked.

Discord nodded. "I don't get it," He said. "What's it for?"

Cranky looked at him like he was an idiot. "It's for you,"

Discord and Shy exchanged a strange look and turned back to the older man.

"I still don't get it."

Cranky rolled his eyes and sighed, yanking the key out of Discord's hand.

"This key is to my house." He said bluntly. "I've got no kids to leave it to...and i'm about to retire. I won't need the old thing anymore-it's paid off in full."

Discords mouth dropped open-he couldn't even speak!

Shy looked at him in concern. "But Cranky, where will you live?!"

The older man smirked. "I'm gonna travel the world!"

"Cranky I-I don't know what to say," Discord huffed.

"Say thank you before I change my dang mind."

Discord let out a small thank you in between his surprised laughter.

"It's about time you get out of your parents place. They don't know what's right for you...and if you need a job to keep up with the bills, I'd love nothing more than if you took over this place for me while i'm gone."

Shy watched the mixture of excitement and appreciation on Discord's face endearingly. She could tell he was at a complete loss for words. It wasn't every day someone offered you a paid off house and a full-time job in the same breath.

"Thank you so much," Discord finally managed to say. "I can't believe this,"

"You can spend the rest of the month being stunned. Tonight you need to get this young lady home."

Discord looked at her and knew he was right. "It's a long bus ride back," He said, remembering how nauseated she got on their way here.

"My mother is probably worried sick..." She murmured.

Discord gestured to the door and said, "Let's go and pack."

Author's Note:

i........................literally have no excuse for being gone for like.......a year. Well, I do but it's minor. Writers block grabbed me by my hair and shoved my face into a brick wall, kicking me in the stomach while she did so. I've meant to update this but I literally was just so stuck and I was going through some stuff and school was stressful lalalalalala. Excuses aside I'm still so sorry this took so long and if you're still even interested in this story and its characters after so long then thank you so much. This probably isn't the last chapter but its coming close. I promiseeeee I won't take another year to upload the next one!! Thanks so much for reading <3 (PS. I'M SORRY!!)

Comments ( 1 )

can't wait to see more soon

Login or register to comment