• Published 28th Oct 2015
  • 1,733 Views, 29 Comments

Gods of Equestria: How Will This Benefit Me? - Fulgrim



Ah Puch, the Mayan god of death and the lord of the Ninth Hell is the most fearsome of gods and all mortals tremble before him. Naturally, he gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,733

What... Trickery Is This?!?

Author's Note:

Things shall be wrapped up in this chapter, so it's longer than the others.
~Fulgrim

The train ride to Canterlot was long, and Ah Puch and Bakasura's presence ensured that they had a cabin all to themselves.

"Great, just us, a smelly zombie corpse-collector, and a crazy animal eating monster. All in the same room." said Rarity.

"Oh yeah, don't get me started on the monster. When I got up and he said he was hungry, he just kept eating and eating, asking for more! I Had to go to the store to replace all that Eat-y McDevourPants ate. He even ate the plates, and the silverware!" complained Spike.

They continued until they got to the train station, and the ponies there caused quite a commotion after Ah Puch was the first to exit. Finally, an environment he was used to, everyone screaming in terror.

A few more awkward encounters later, (one of which required Royal Guards to escort them to the palace to ensure that monsters weren't attacking Canterlot) they finally made to the palace. After they made it into the throne room, Celestia and Luna were sitting side by side awaiting them. Luna gave a look of revulsion at the god and demon.

"They are abominations! Sister, we do not have to see these creatures," she said to her sister. Celestia ignored her and continued to observe the unusual creatures approaching her.

"Twilight, you explained partially how you came in contact with these... induviduals. But did they try to harm you?"

"Well, Ah Puch (she gestured toward him) didn't. But as I failed to explain, I was a bit tired, this one, Bakasura, tried to eat us."

"Eat you?" she asked. "Besides that, do they talk? I assume you didn't give them those horrid names yourselves."

"Yes," replied Ah Puch, Luna blanced at his voice.

"Speak when spoken to, monster," she said with anger. She was hushed by Celestia.

"Have you learned where they came from, why they are here?"

"Um, not much. Ah Puch told us that he doesn't know how he got here, that he just woke up near the Everfree,"

"A likely story..." said Luna quietly. Twilight continued.

"And we don't know how Bakasura got here. We're sure he's, not from Equestria. He was terrorizing citizens and, eating small animals." Fluttershy shed a few tears as she had a flashback to the cave.

"I see," said Celestia as she got up and walked in front of Ah Puch. Ah Puch had felt the power of the two individuals, the white horse and the blue one who kept complaining even before he got in the room. They certainly looked different, much larger with constantly flowing manes, he assumed this was as close as Equestria had to a god. And judging from the look she gave him, she might have suspected what he was.

"What are you?" she asked. Ah Puch confirmed his suspicions but he must not let them know he was a god. Not yet at least.

"I am what is called a... human." Ah Puch had to choke the last word out, and Bakasura gave a poorly disguised chuckle when he did.

"And you, what are you?" Bakasura didn't answer. Twilight responded.

"He doesn't talk much, we've only got his name and that's it."

"Who was able to obtain this information?" Twilight gestured at Ah Puch. He could feel her suspicion growing.

"Do you know this, thing?" she asked.

"No, I do not," he replied. Celestia pulled him to the side.

"I need to talk to him in private," she said as they walked to a side room, the ponies tried to protest but she shut the door behind them.

"Look, you cannot fool me, I know you are more than you seem. I sense great power in you and I don't believe that these 'humans' are as powerful as you." Ah Puch was truly cornered. With a god-like being in front of him and another blocking the exit, he had no escape. He didn't expect to be stopped this far.

"I-I..." Ah Puch stammered for an answer. Celestia narrowed her eyes at him.

"Answer me," she said threateningly, her horn glowing. "And this time I want the real answer."

Outside the room where Celestia and Ah Puch were talking, Bakasura decided that it was his chance to make his move. He was tired of being subservient to these ponies and their magical force-field encasing him. He had been somewhat happy with his setup of eating everything he could within ten feet. But now he had much tastier prey, the ponies were nice, but he had his sights set on the large white and blue horses. Yes, they will be his meal tonight.

"Um, excuse me, Ms. purple... horse, but can't we talk this over?" he asked with his demonic voice that made everypony jump.

"I-I d-don't know, s-seeing how you tried to eat us," responded Twilight.

"I just didn't understand! How would you feel if someone went into your home! With a smelly, rotten skeleton thing too. Wouldn't you be scared and defend yourself?" After observing them for the few hours he could, he saw they were a forgiving bunch, too forgiving.

"Well, that makes sense..." said Twilight. Luna got up angerly.

"Can't you see?!? It its trying to manipulate you! To make it get out out of its prison!" she said.

"No, no I swear! I don't want to get out," he said. "I'm just so very... hungry."

Ah Puch spilled the beans, mostly. He told her that he was more than he seemed, but left out as much as he could. He told her about Earth and how he had no idea how he had got here. She landed back on the ground.

"I see, I sense no lies in your answer," she said. "We will go back to the others, there is more things I must learn about the beast named Bakasura." When they re-entered the throne room, the demon was no where to be found. Celestia asked where he was.

"He said he was hungry, and as a reward for not trying to, break out and kill us, we put his force field in a room with food inside it, and a couple of guards just in case." Twilight's plan sounded fine, but Ah Puch couldn't help but get a chill down his spine.

Bakasura was furious at these horses' eating habits, but he had to make do. The more he ate the larger his strength grew. And this petty force-field wouldn't hold him much longer. He ate the food given to him in a heartbeat, then the table and plates. The guards looked in disgust.

"My Celestia, how do you even do that?" one asked. He ignored him and concentrated on his anger, his hunger, and the power he had obtained. He wanted meat. And some was waiting just outside of this petty purple wall. He raised his arm-spike and punched it with all the force he had into the field. It shattered as the spike went through.

The guards froze in horror, but they waited precious time as he ripped the opening higher and jumped at the guards. He devoured the first one whole as he tried to raise his spear. The second made it to the door, but he punched his spike straight through his torso, and red gore stained his armor as he devoured him whole.

Banging was heard soon after Celestia came back, and knowing what was happening, the ponies rushed towards the room Bakasura was in. They entered the room, but found no force field, no Bakasura, and no guards. A window was smashed open, and as they looked out, they could see a blue shape vaulting itself from the wall onto a balcony a floor below.

Screams sounded a floor below, and the ponies wasted no time racing down the stairs. Rainbow Dash just flew out the window. They were able to see Bakasure withdrawing his many tongues into his chest before he noticed them. He looked behind the stairs and found Rainbow Dash and Luna blocking the other exit. He smiled with his fanged maw and draw a circle around him with his arm-spikes.

"You foolish equines, how did you think I would ever obey you?" he asked mockingly.

"Surrender, you have no escape, and do not think I will be ask kind as to lock you up for eternity," said Celestia, her horn glowing. Bakasura laughed.

"You cannot defeat me, I shall devour you, nice and slow. I have battled gods before."

"But not me," said Ah Puch standing at the top of the stairs.

"You do not know where I come from, I am the terror of all mortals, not even Shiva or Vishnu interfered with my wrath. You cannot hurt me."

"I shall drag you personally, demon, to my Hell... and you shall forever suffer for your vanity... in thinking you could defeat me!" Ah Puch pulled out a charm from a bag he had on his waist. He hopped its magic would work, but if not it was still worth a try. He went down the stairs and threw the charm at Bakasura. It flashed a shade of green before it hit the ground, exploding in a noxious gas that make Bakasura choke, he could see the shape of a human corpse at his feet.

He sent two screaming zombies running at him, exploding when they ran into him, knocking him off his feet and leaving two more corpses. The ponies watched on in horror. Bakasura attempted to get up but Ah Puch knocked him down with a ball of dark energy that burned his leathery blue flesh. He looked at the demon with a piercing gaze from his red eyes. A rune flashed below Bakasura, and before he could beg for mercy, the corpses around him exploded and he was flung feet in the air, and landed in a steaming lump a few feet away.

Ah Puch looked back at the ponies, stupefied in awe.

"That... was... AWESOME!" shouted Rainbow Dash, and the ponies ran up to him and embraced him in a... hug?

"I-I don't know how to thank you. He might have, killed one of us and you stopped him." Celestia and Luna didn't embrace him but still thanked him.

"I must thank you, you had no obligation to defend my citizens and yet you did. Maybe there's more to you than meets the eye," said Celestia.

"I figure I must thank you too, I'm sorry for not trusting you," said Luna. Ah Puch was overwhelmed with all this gratitude that he didn't know what to do. Ever since he had been sent to this world he had been thrust into a hodgepodge of situations where he was counted as an equal to a mortal creature, and in all his thousands of years of experience, he didn't know how to deal with that.

"T-thanks?" he said. The other ponies said your welcome and talked about the battle while guards came forward and grabbed Bakasura and dragged him away.

"Did you see those zombies? That was so cool!"

"And how he made the ground blow up, that was amazing! I bet you couldn't even do that Twilight," said Pinkie. Twilight rolled her eyes and walked to Ah Puch.

"Really, where did you learn all this magical knowlage? Where does it come from? How do you-" she blabbered more questions to Ah Puch.

"Quiet... Twilight, I simply manipulate the energy of my realm and manifest it here," he said. Twilight's eyes widened as she asked how.

The day continued much better than expected, the princess treated all of the ponies to have a day in the castle and to attend a feast to commemorate Ah Puch's victory over Bakasura.

The feast was fine, (Ah Puch didn't eat anything) and various Canterlot nobles took this occasion to chat with him to learn more about him.

"So yes, may I ask why you smell so horridly bad?" asked a white stallion. "You smell like a pile of timberwolf droppings." Other nobles around him laughed. Ah Puch had his head turned away at the time, but he turned it around swiftly and gave him a piercing stare with his eyes.

"Who are you?" he asked, exaggerating his voice.

"I am Prince Blueblood you simpleton," he said. Ah Puch decided to have fun with this certain pony. He raised his had and Blueblood levitated off the ground and spun in circles in midair. Ah Puch cackled in glee as he yelled at him to let him go.

"L-let me go y-you wretch!" Twilight walked up to him and gave him a stern look. He thought he had overstepped his bounds. Her face broke out in a laugh and the other ponies gathered around to watch Blueblood's plight.

"That's what you get you scoundrel," said Rarity. After the feast, the ponies and Ah Puch were walking out of the castle, bellies full and spirits high.

"That was amazing," said Rainbow Dash.

"You said it, Princess Celestia even made those huge cakes just for me!" exclaimed Pinkie. They were almost out the door before a panting guardspony ran up the stairs behind them that led to the dungeons.

"THE PRISONER HAS ESCAPED! SOUND THE ALARM! PRISON ES-" he stopped as he saw the group and run up to them.

"What happened?" asked Twilight.

"The p-prisoner. H-he broke out. He chewed the bars off the cell and ate Flame Rush whole. H-he left me though."

"Why?" she asked.

"H-he wanted t-to give y-you a message. He says t-that you fight well, b-but your f-friends are n-next," he said to Ah Puch. The pony ran off. The group departed on their train, thinking about Bakasura's vengeance.

"He won't even get out of Canterlot, they've got guards sweeping the city and surrounding areas," said Rainbow Dash.

"I just hope they don't get hurt. They're so brave, looking for that monster," said Futtershy.

"Well, we can concentrate on Bakasura later. We're out of Canterlot, and no doubt will the princess will call us back to deal with him.

As the ponies conversed on the train, they weren't able to hear the skittering of something in their cabin, or the sound of lips licking teeth in anticipation.

Will the ponies defeat Bakasura once and for all? Will Ah Puch give up his nefarious plans? Will Bakasura ever get full?

Find out in the next installment Gods of Equestria: Fuel For The Fire

Comments ( 9 )

The finale, Ch. 4 has spawned!

6600197 ...
...
...
I was still right. I just doubted myself.

Fuel for the fire, eh?

Agni incoming!

If anyone wants to put this fic on a fic-reading group like the Seattle Angels that would really help it grow! (And the rest of the series too)

6602894
The title of the next story is at the bottom of the last chapter. Guess the next god from that.

6603603 Ah, right sorry:twilightblush:, good story overall. But my 1 complaint is that with it being only 4 chapters long, it feels so rushed.

Where did you get that cover art?

8623336
Way too late, but whatever. It's from the game SMITE, where you can use gods from differents pantheons.

Login or register to comment