• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 1,801 Views, 17 Comments

The Chaotic Human - Kris The Kris



A displaced story dealing with a young woman who has a scanner from the show Chaotic that allows her to transform into Creatures. Things get more complicated.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,801

Calm before the Chaos (Part 2)

Tiffany and Gilda were soon crossing the rope bridge, though Gilda just flew over, citing her fear that the bridge could fall at any moment.

Thankfully for Tiffany, today was not the day for it to break and soon the two were entering the ruins of the castle.

“Seems pretty ruined, so I guess you weren’t lying there.”

Tiffany gave a small sigh. “The place where I woke up seemed intact for the most part, other than the roof. I mean it should be-”

“Wait, where you woke up?”

“Um, yeah. I don’t know how I ended up in there,” Tiffany took out her ‘fake’ scanner. “I mean, last thing I remember is putting some new cards in my tin…” She tried to open it up, only to yelp when it made a loud beep, dropping it.

Gilda just looked to her oddly. “What was that?”

Tiffany shakily picked up the scanner, seeing the front screen lit up with the card for a certain Mipedian called Mizkio. She put a finger to the screen experimentally as Gilda flew behind her and looked over her shoulder. She swiped to the side, starting to go through a bunch of different creature cards she had before stopping on Phelphor of the Deep.

“I-It was my tin,” She muttered in confusion and shock. “But... It’s a real scanner now I think.”

“Scanner?” The griffon asked.

Tiffany snapped out of her confusion to answer. “Well, where I came from, there was a series of… stories based on this card game called Chaotic. Basically, some humans had these scanners that allowed them to go to the place where the creatures in the card game lived. The place is called Perim,” She was explaining as they walked into the castle, neither of them noticing the dark shadows at the edge of the forest watching the two.

“These scanners allowed them to not only scan the creatures and get cards based on them, but it also allowed them to turn into those creatures and battle in this weird in-between place called Chaotic.” She looked down to the yellow scanner with some worry as they entered the room she had woken up in. “But they are just little fun but fake stories where I come from to promote the card game. I-I have no idea why I would have a real one or why I would even need one.”

Tiffany looked up through the hole, stars glittering across the dark sky. “I mean, I know this isn’t Perim or Chaotic and I’m not an avid player of the card game. Why me? I’m not that special.”

Gilda snorted at Tiffany’s last sentence. “Hey, maybe back in the boring place you lived in, you were very boring, but not here. I mean, you're the only human I know of,” Gilda flipped her ‘hair’. “I mean, you're probably the only human in all of Equus for all we know.”

Tiffany looked back down with a smile. “We don’t really know a lot. I mean, is Equus the planet we’re on?”

Shadows stalked into the room, preparing a weird contraption as Gilda slapped Tiffany on the back of the head playfully with a wing. “Of course it is, you thing.”

“You going to stop calling me that anytime soon?” Tiffany asked jokingly, rubbing her head where she was hit.

“Not in your-,” Gilda gave a loud squawk as a net was tossed onto her along with two giant hunchbacked dog things, making Tiffany fall back in surprise, her scanner clattering away from her.

“Keep bird still! Get monkey too!” A rough voice spoke up from the shadows.

“Tiffany! They’re diamond dog slavers!” Gilda cried, struggling against the dogs holding her down and trying to bite and claw at them.

Then, one of the diamond dogs took a step toward the lone human.

Tiffany started backing up from the diamond dog towering over her. Then, she felt her hand land on her scanner, along with a loud beep that echoed through the room.

She looked down at the scanner just as a ring of blue numbers and letters rose from the ground, surrounding her in a ring and changing her into the red creature on the card she had looked at last as it flowed up her body.

The diamond dogs all stepped back, confusion and horror in their eyes. Gilda just looked on in shock, remembering what Tiffany had said earlier about transforming.

Tiffany herself was in a mental shock at what had happened as her new body moved on its own, glaring at the diamond dogs. Then, Phelphor’s eyes started glowing purple, the diamond dog’s eyes soon turning purple as well.

“Leave this place and the griffon. Never come back,” The M’arrillian ordered, his voice sounding like it was underwater.

The diamond dogs nodded, ripping the net off Gilda, and starting to walk out. At least one of them had a bit of drool coming out of their mouth as they left, entering the forest, never to return.

Gilda just sat there in shock at just how… easy it seemed. Then, she saw Phelphor get surrounded by those same numbers and letters, turning back into Tiffany.

She fell to her but after the numbers and letters disappeared, putting a hand to her head. “Oh god, I feel like I’m going to be sick.”

“W-what was that!?” Gilda rushed over to the human, who had just noted her scanner in her right hand.

“I-I transformed into a creature,” Tiffany muttered. “But… it felt so wrong. Like swimming through some warm sludge or slime,” She closed her eyes with a shudder. “A M’arrillian… Never doing that again.”

“But the numbers and stuff?”

“Part of the transformation process. Something about a code,” Tiffany quickly changed her default card to one of her random Mipedian creatures.

“So, does that mean you have other creatures?” Gilda asked, sitting beside the human and rubbing her back.

Tiffany nodded. “Don’t feel like changing right now.”

“Well, I’m just going to go get my nest and get back here. You just stay here and relax,” Gilda spread her wings as Tiffany nodded. She took off as Tiffany looked to the ground.

“Never again,” She whimpered.


Luna shot her head towards the Everfree forest, having felt a strange power from the ruins of her old home. It wasn’t that strong but she had felt a similar one when she was just a child.

She briefly contemplated going over to check it out but shook her head. “No, 'twas probably a coincidence.”

But the alicorn still had doubts and so, turned to one of her loyal night guards. “Starry Night, We have a new assignment for thou.”

The bat like pony saluted. “I will do anything for you, my princess!”

Luna looked back to Ponyville, ready to make her declaration.

Author's Note:

Had to put in a reason why Tiffany didn’t just use the broken tribe known as the M’arrillians all the damn time.

But seriously, the M’arrillians in the show, are really broken. Like, every single one has mind control and their plans almost worked if not for sacrifices and hidden plans by the leader of the Overworld.

Oh, their plans? Flood Perim and turn it into Water World. *dodges thrown bike.*

But yeah, expect chapters after this to come out slower after this due to college stuff. But hey, next chapter has another creature appearance and an appearance by everyone’s favorite pony!

Oh, and it’s actually pretty easy to look up what the cards look like on google images.

Comments ( 14 )

so will are hero get to perim? like adventure within adventure since double body and maybe get others to play?

6554391 That would be spoiling things but there will be no body doubles.

The story is... Interesting so far, since there's only two chapters out so far I'll reserve judgement for now.

Never saw enough of the show to get a feel for it, but I absolutely love where this is going!

6578702 *Cue evil laughing*

Maybe have a different sensation attached to each creature? Like say, they each have a unique physical feel based on where they normally live versus where they currently are? Anyway, should be fun to see where you go with this.

6592732 Actually, that is a bit of what I'm planning to do. More of Tiffany's Feelings on the creatures in the next chapter.

That last spoiler though. Just like what Jake said at one point in homestuck

“I'm not gonna let you flood our planet and turn it into waterworld. That movie was good, but not that good”

so when you gonna update :pinkiesmile:

7287654 Whenever I get back into the groove / whenever I stop playing Final Fantasy XIV.

I still have plenty of ideas though.

Please continue. Used to love watching Chaotic

Wan Will it continue again because i want to see more of this story please

Login or register to comment