• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 838 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do and the City of the Dead - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder along with Danny, Applejack, Rarity, Spike, and Moondancer join Daring Do on an expedition at Haygypt to explore the ancient city of the dead called Hamunoptrot.

  • ...
21
 6
 838

Chapter 13: Returning to Ponyville

Charming Thunder and the others were in the treasure room now that Mumma-Ra was successfully defeated. They gathered some gold and jewels and put them in their saddlebags. Charming Thunder however found three gold lapis and enamel revival scarab pendants and thought about who to give these to. He then turned to Applejack and walked up to her. "Hey, Applejack," Charming Thunder said.

"Yes?" Applejack asked.

"I found this and I wanted to give one of these to you." Charming Thunder then levitated one of the pendants and placed it around Applejack's neck. "Consider it as a gift from me to you."

"You are sweet you know."

"I know." Charming Thunder then kissed Applejack on the cheek and levitated the other two pendants into his saddlebag. Phantom Lord only grabbed as many as he could carry.

"I trust that your reward is satisfying, bounty hunter?" Daring Do asked.

"It's enough to make me and the crew rich," Phantom Lord said. "You know once I return to Ponyville, I am going to leave again and to tell you the truth, I am going to miss you." Daring Do hid her blush as she quietly giggled to herself.

"Maybe someday we can go on another adventure together."

"I'll keep that in mind." Rarity and Spike only picked up gems so that Rarity could use them to make dresses and Spike could eat his. Danny grabbed some treasure as well to make sure that he can prove to his wife that there was treasure buried in the ancient city. A scarab slowly approached Charming Thunder and he shot it without even looking.

"I hate scarabs!!" Charming Thunder said. "I hate 'em!!"

"Come on, brother," Danny reassured. "Where's your sense of bravery?"

---------------------

Leaving the city with their treasure collected, Daring Do and the others were on their raptors riding through the desert as they made their way to a nearest town. "So what happens now?" Danny asked. "Write a story based on this adventure?"

"I have thought about that and I will write one," Daring Do replied. "I'll be sure to add all of you to the story for all of your bravery. I'll hold on to the Book of the Living and make sure that it is delivered to a museum in Equestria."

"The Book of the Dead will be safe with me back at the castle in case anyone tries to use it for evil," Charming Thunder added. "Our ride should be arriving at the town we are going to so we can fly back to Ponyville safely without any boarders." Charming Thunder then sees a Lambda-class shuttle fly over his head and going to the town. "And just in time as well."

---------------------

At the castle in Ponyville, Sunset and Twilight were organizing books at the library. They then hear the doors open behind them and turn to see Charming Thunder with his saddlebags on his back and both rushed on over to him to give him a welcome home hug. "Welcome home, Charming," they both greeted.

"It is good to see you girls again," Charming Thunder replied.

"How was your adventure?" Sunset asked.

"It was a long one if you ask me."

"What makes you say that?" Twilight asks. "It is a desert you had to journey through."

"It's a long story. Danny is going to let Rainbow know how it went as well. I think that she'll be jealous. In the meantime, I have gifts for you. From the treasure chambers of Hamunoptrot." Charming Thunder then levitated out two black boxes out of his saddlebag and levitated it to Sunset and Twilight. They used their magic to open the boxes to reveal the scarab pendants. They were amazed with what they are seeing and levitated them out of the boxes to get a closer look at them. "This one is an anniversary gift for you, Twilight. I trust you don't mind if that it is a gift for you before our wedding, Sunset?"

"It's beautiful!!" Twilight said with excitement. "Thank you so much."

"I love it very much," Sunset said as she nudged Charming Thunder.

"There is something else you should know," Charming Thunder said as he levitated the Book of the Dead out of his saddlebag. "I need to seal this book away in the castle in case anypony tries to take it and use it for evil. I have seen what it is capable of."

"Would the vault in your chambers work?" Twilight suggested.

"We need to make the vault magic proof then, but good thinking." Charming Thunder then levitated the book to Twilight and allows her to carry it with her magic. She then walked away with the book before Charming Thunder stopped her for a brief moment. "And Twilight, do not read the book. Trust me." Twilight smiled and continued to make her leave from the library.

---------------------

Inside the vault, Twilight Sparkle placed the black book on a stand and used her magic to make the room magic proof after she stepped out of the vault. The door of the vault then slowly closed as she left Charming Thunder's chambers locking tight automatically. A click sound was heard and a beeping sound was heard once the locking process was complete.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment