• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 838 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do and the City of the Dead - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder along with Danny, Applejack, Rarity, Spike, and Moondancer join Daring Do on an expedition at Haygypt to explore the ancient city of the dead called Hamunoptrot.

  • ...
21
 6
 838

Chapter 7: Tusken Raider Attack

The group sat around the campfire while Khem stood to keep an eye out for anything approaching. Rarity was wrapped around in a blanket sitting next to Spike. Applejack sat next to Charming Thunder a little nervous next to him. "Did you find that compartment at the statue?" Danny asked.

"We have," Daring Do replied. "Good thing we avoided the pressurized salt acid trap."

"Maybe this place is cursed." A gust of wind suddenly blew through the camp which gave the group the chills. Charming Thunder looked at Danny with anger in his eye.

"Not helping!" Charming Thunder said.

"What? You don't believe in curses, huh?"

"No. I believe if I can see it and I can touch it, then it's real. That's what I believe."

"Yeah sure," Spike said as he loaded his Carbine.

"Care to have some apple cider?" Applejack said as she took out a bottle out of her bag. "I saved this for a very special occasion."

"Don't mind if I do," Charming Thunder said before taking a swig. "Thanks." Spike turned as he heard something in the distance. It sounded like a group approaching.

"Take this, Rarity," Spike said as he gave her his Carbine. "And stay here!" He then ran from the camp which concerned Rarity.

"Wait for me, Spikey," Rarity said as she got up holding the weapon.

"Rarity!" Danny said. "Didn't the dragon said stay here? Rarity!" The group got up to follow Rarity to the ruins while Applejack caps the bottle and puts it down.

A siege broke down as a group of Tusken Raiders attacked the camp with their staffs. Massif dogs came along and confronted the velociraptors. The group arrived to the scene and some of them took cover with their blasters and some stood out of the open with their lightsabers. Spike fired his Plasma Repeater at the attackers while Danny chopped some of them down with his lightsabers with Moondancer and Khem. Rarity saw one charging at her with a staff and shot the Carbine at it then collapses to the ground due to the impact of the shot she fired. Charming Thunder fired at the Tusken Raiders who were in cover with their rifles firing at them. Phantom Lord flew in the air with his jet pack and used his flamethrower to burn the attackers around him. Once it was clear, more suddenly came along with their chieftain as they let out a battle cry. Charming Thunder transformed into his Wirewolf form and attacked them to lower their numbers. The chieftain hits him in the back with his staff and suddenly got grabbed by Charming Thunder and got lifted up in the air then throws him back to the ground. He transformed back to his normal form and shouted, "ENOUGH!!!" The fighting stopped as the attackers look at Charming Thunder. He then spoke their language asking them why they have attacked the camp. The chieftain responded in the same language with a warning. The chieftain then signaled the others to stand down and ran off to the distance. Charming Thunder then walked up to the others while Spike helped Rarity up.

"What did he say?" Daring Do asked.

"Their chief said that we must leave this place or die. Something about it being cursed." Charming Thunder then sees Rarity as she was helped up. "You alright? That was a good shot."

"I'm alright, darling," Rarity replied while she fixed her mane. "Just need to get the sand out of my mane before I get some sleep."

---------------------

Daring Do and the others were asleep except for Charming Thunder and Applejack looking at the stars. "You see that one?" Charming Thunder asked as he pointed to a star constellation. "That is the constellation of Scorpio."

"Wow," Applejack said. "I never knew that stars could be this beautiful in Haygypt. How do you know the constellations?"

"Twilight showed me with her telescope and taught me what they symbolize."

"She can be really smart when it comes to her studies sometimes." Applejack and Charming Thunder laughed then sighed as they continue to gaze at the beautiful night sky. "Charming, there is something I need to get off my chest that I have been keeping for so long."

"And what's that, AJ?"

"I just want to confess that I have been in love with you the whole time when you were married to Twilight." Charming Thunder was a little shocked as Applejack continued her explanation. "I was jealous until I heard about the Equestrian Law."

"Let me guess; Danny?"

"Eeyup. I thought that this would be the right time to tell you and hope that you will accept me. I love you. I always have."

"That explains why you were nervous around me. You were just afraid to say it. Until now."

"To be honest sugarcube, I was afraid that you would reject it and just accept me as a friend. Now that you have Sunset...." Charming Thunder placed his hoof on her lips to stop her.

"It has been difficult I know. I appreciate you telling me this. I had feelings for you as well ever since I first moved to Ponyville. You are the Element of Honesty as I am the Element of Courage. You were once a commander of the Equestrian Empire before the Lunar Republic fell and fought bravely like me. You work hard as a farm pony with your family. You faced many monsters, prevented the end of the world, etc. And most importantly, you--"

"Charming, you talk to much. Shut up and kiss me, your highness." Charming Thunder smiled and pressed his lips to Applejack's. Danny who was eavesdropping while using his ghost powers smiled and then walked back to his sleeping bag.

"Finally she confessed," Danny whispered.