• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 2,884 Views, 20 Comments

Little Big Brother - Kwality Stuff



Since the first Sonic Rainboom painted the Equistrian skies, Spike was known to be hatched by the young and destined princess, Twilight Sparkle. But on that faithful day... what if there were two dragon eggs instead of one?

  • ...
2
 20
 2,884

Morning for Two

The sun's bright and gleaming rays seep through the curtains of my brother's bedroom, causing me to squint just slightly. Although only two hours have passed since we woke up this Sunday morn, I still refuse to move from my spot on his rug. I know my brother Spike can see me from the large basket shaped bed, but he chooses to ignore me and not give me my rightfully earned attention. He always does this when he's reading those... dreadful comic books. I don’t see what makes them so special to be honest, especially the ones he gets from the mail.

Without even paying one agonizing second for a glance in my direction, he spoke up. “For the last time Jade, leave me alone. It’s finally Spike Time and I’ve waited so long to read this latest issue of Power Ponies.”

I answered back, “Of course I know it’s Spike Time my dear brother.” I brought a paw to my muzzle before a deep yawn escaped me. “Twilight made it awfully clear when she had me work with her on that schedule three months ago.”

He had the audacity to blink in confusion while still reading. “She had you work a schedule three months ahead?”

I can feel my eye twitch as I remembered. “Sadly… Yes. She also said that changes will be made during these months all the while working on the next three month planned schedule.” I’m pretty sure I’m tearing up at this point. “Her only explanation for all the planning was the same thing she always says.”

He sighed, “She said, 'just in case’… right?” I nodded my head even though he couldn’t see me. “I’ll take the silence as a yes.”

After a couple of minutes of us wallowing in post lavender depression, I was reminded on why I was in his room to begin with. I went back to square one on my plan, though I think it would soon become futile when I noticed he brought his “book” closer to his face.

A large smile grew on my face as I soon realized I was wrong on my assumptions. I see that my constant gaze is starting to break him, his trickling nervous sweat fills me with a sense of victory. And once he's broken, he will finally pay attention to me… as an older brother should to his little sister.

I can see it now... All the gems I could ever want would be piled high from both my sides, and that wicked witch Diamond Tiara from school would fan me with a large leaf.

And my brother... My sweet, sweet brother will be by my side. He would finally give me what I’ve dreamt for since last night. He would scratch me behind my ear plates and read to me, and only me, the story of the rainbow fish.

Just as the Jade prophecies foretold.

Spike surrendered with all the honor he could bare, closing his comic and sighing heavily into his claw. He could do nothing but watch as I smiled triumphantly and pounced on his bed. He begins to panic just as my large frame leaned too far on him during my snuggling. His escape ended quickly when my shoulder collapsed on his small body.

It was glorious and hilarious.

A few moments passed of him staring at me, as if he is challenging me for the rights to eat his special amethysts. He groaned out, "What do you want Jade?"

I brought my head closer to his and nuzzled him with love. "Can a little sister just be with her big brother?"

Another sigh came out, along with a roll of his eyes. “From my spot, anypony can see who’s big and who’s little.” He managed to dislodge his arm and prop his head. “So… What do you want?”

I barked, pointing my snout to the ceiling while sounding snobby. “All I want is your attention.”

“Jade…” he growled.

I fully faced him and gave my powerful puppy-dog eyes. “Can I get a scratchy scratch? You give the best ones, and it always cheers me up after a long day of school.”

Spike’s face softened completely, he knows I have been getting a hard time at school since my growth spurt came out of nowhere. The fillies and colts don’t look at me the same anymore, and the duo known as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon grew to verbally attack me more than before.

It is difficult being a dragon in a pony town, Spike knows that for a fact.

“Alright Jade… I got you. But you do realize that I’ve got to make breakfast for Twilight soon, so it can’t take too long.”

I huffed out a flick of blue flame at that. “She’s a grown mare and a princess.”

“I know Jade but I got to keep my title of being her number one assistance,” I felt his claw scratch behind my ear plates, a purr is heard from me as he continued, “You got to understand it’s something I want to do, not something I have to do.”

“… Yeah.”

The scratches paused for a second but was replaced by his small nuzzle. “We can also talk about what happened at school when the week ended. I mean, if you want to talk about it that is. I won’t force it out of you, big brother will always be here to listen.”

I returned his nuzzles with my own. “Thank you Spike, it means a lot to me.”

All is quiet before he chuckled, “Besides… It’s better for me to “listen” rather than Twilight. She’ll probably read one of her books through the whole thing.”

“That too,” I snorted as I remembered the last time I tried to talk with bookworm. It was really rude for her to just nod and say yes during a family moment.

Only I can do that.

We’ve spent the last hour together, snuggled up and him giving me my well-deserved scratches. It’s moments like these I enjoy to be around my big brother, and it warms my heart. I know I can count on him for comfort whenever I feel down in the dumps. Having a sibling isn’t as bad as the fillies and colts say it to be.

I love having him as my brother, and I being his sister.

“You do realize I’m not going to read you that rainbow fish book. It’s for foals.”

I did nothing but swiftly whack him upside the head with my wing, smiling softly as I too chuckled, “Spike… You’re a jerk.”

“I know Jade, I know.” He reached for my tail and used my fins as a blanket. “It’s my job to do, and there’s nothing that’s going to change that.”

Big brother… You don’t know how right you are.


Brother Bonus:

Breakfast came and went, nothing too special but my one of a kind gem encrusted pancakes. Over the past thirty minutes after eating, I lay motionless on my recliner and gazed upwards at the ceiling for what felt like an eternity. Each reflection from the castle's crystal surface I roamed over reminded me of the deep connections we have as creatures and our beautiful Earth's children.

The Golden Oak’s lights burns bright with its brilliant glow across the ceiling, resembling Princess Celestia’s heartwarming sun. I would occasionally shift my head side to side for the warmth to set on my face.

I don't know how long I stared, but for some odd reason, I didn't want it to end. I'm feeling as if I am becoming one with Earth and all of her spirits.

I hear someone coming up from behind me, disrupting my meditation. "... What are you doing, Spike?"

"..." A long winded squeak was the only thing I can return to Jade. Perhaps I went a little overboard with today's breakfast.

Putting her obsidian claw on my head, my dragon sibling emitted much concern. "I think you had enough of those jasper and peridot gems. All of the madness must have gone straight to your brain."

I felt my eyes widen as I uttered, "I can see the future..."

"Of course you can my dear brother," she responded, slowly closing my eyes with her shaking claw, "of course you can..."

Author's Note:

A story I've been meaning to get to for a while now but was stumped with real life. Just how it is, it's going to be a short and sugary sweet thing.

I wonder what the next day is going to be for these siblings... What do you think? Write any mushy gunk you can think of below, anything that would make the great Rainbow Dash gag.

And of course, this was written for my own little brother. I miss you bro', rest easy.

Until next time!

Comments ( 19 )

more please!

6309488 yay! thank thee!

Saw this and couldn't not give it a fav. Good work! :twilightsmile:

6309644 I'm filled with so much joy :yay:

Interesting start. I wonder how things are going to go in the future?

Now, how will this be a crossover?

6313912 Future chapters my friend, future chapters.

How to... Train....dragon....and...mlp.... :pinkiecrazy:

6675269 So close with the next chapter! Clench yourself for more...

6675428 47 weeks later.

I can see the future
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

am I allowed to be sad that there is only one chapter

Login or register to comment