• Published 8th May 2015
  • 2,223 Views, 65 Comments

Alone No More - 8Gauge



The human race is gone, destroyed by their own weapons centuries ago. Having looked everywhere else and with lonliness becoming too much to bear, the last human alive will travel to another dimension entirely, to find...magic...ponies?

  • ...
14
 65
 2,223
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 27 )
8Gauge #1 · Jun 5th, 2015 · · 1 ·

6059614
Oh don't you worry too much I'm keeping an eye on the Gary stu stuff. Let's just say he is not prepared for magic.

That was cute :) I hope he leaves some of himself behind to keep watch if she ever needs help.

6059789
He has, he has camouflaged it to Bright Brushes closet walls, he's in there but if she looks in she won't know the difference.

"Thank you Swift Spear, i'll see what the matter is." she said.

You forgot to capitalize I'll.

6059789 that's not a bad idea, his clone self could keep her calm at night

Una
Una #6 · Jun 6th, 2015 · · ·

6059614 One thing I've learned over the years is that every OC no matter how human or toned down we make them, they will always be a little Gary-stu exc.

Could do with some editing even at a spellcheck level. Pretty sure that "intertaining" isn't a word.

Okay on to content. The ending part is where this chapter really shines. To be honest it was a bit creepy, but in a heartwarming way. Kinda reminds me in a way with his interaction this one episode of Doctor Who where his companion ended up going back in to when he was a child and talking to him about fear being a super power and other things...... got lost on the comparison and I am typing this out too tired to fully think about what I am typing making it more inane.

Update! *fistpumps*

The chapter was worth the wait. Thanks! Looking forward for more :pinkiehappy:

6067572
He is a human consciousness that has been downloaded into a network that controls billions of nanobots capable of assembling just about anything given enough time and resources. He appears human because it feels natural to him. If he was a machine then you would be right because he wouldn't feel the need to appear human.

Oh man these are some feels.
definitely reading more

This story. I like it. More pls.

Found a song that could fit

COULD you please write a new chapter please:fluttercry:

Not to be pushy, but are you still working on this story?

6449653
Hey guys sorry I'm taking so long I've just been going through really busy times and all. But have no fear, I've already started work on the next chapter and will have it up sometime soon, I ain't dead yet.

father and loving husband,

You mean wife right?

A wife is a female and a husband is a male

6592495
You bring up some interesting points, but it seems you just missed a few things.
1st, you are correct, g-forces like that would kill him...if A: He was still alive in the first place and B: he actually still had a spinal cord instead of being a mostly solid/semi-solid mass of nanobots.

2nd, when I said "father and loving husband", I was talking about just the husband, not both the wife and husband.

Hope that clears things up for you.:twilightsmile:

6598770 oh ok, but I wasn't able to know that he is made of nano bots until the next chapter lol

. . .

BRILLIANT!!!!:pinkiehappy:

:rainbowderp:

Now I feel like the Jim Carey Grinch.:rainbowkiss:

Can't believe I forgot about this story. It's still pretty good.

This story is just amazing but is it still being uppdated or still you coutinuen on this story im just asking ok becuse i would love to se more of this

Hello everybody, been a while since I was last here :fluttershysad: to which I apologize immensely for. I have been going through some big complications and events lately so I have found myself with little time. Unfortunately, I regret to admit that in my extended absence I have lost track of my initial idea of the story, and as such am having a hard time figuring out where I was taking it, hence why you will now notice the Hiatus status that I have regrettibly given it :fluttercry:. BUT! :rainbowderp: Do not despair! For I have ZERO intention of leaving it that way and I REFUSE to be one of those people who puts a story in Hiatus Hell! I promise that as soon as I am able I will FULLY make up for all the wait you have endured thus far. Don't worry Thunderpony, there will be updates, all the updates! :yay:

7221856 Well... Don't make promises. Punisher's quote? Can't remember... That was 31 weeks ago, and you were online 17...

7221856 Not really making the promise come true now, do you? Last online 7 weeks ago, mad a sorry comment about 37? weeks ago.

Man, it's been quite a while. I understand you might be busy and all, but we'd appreciate it if you try making another chapter some time. Even if it's mostly filler or 1500 words long, Just to show that this is still alive and running.

Login or register to comment