• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 3,170 Views, 71 Comments

It Was A Misunderstanding - GarfieldThePony



After realizing that she has feelings for Discord, Fluttershy must figure out if Discord shares the same feelings as her. But everything goes downhill, when chaos starts to appear.

  • ...
12
 71
 3,170

Question

It was seven months after Eris' defeat and all was still peaceful; no monster attacks, no invasions, due to Discord helping out around Equestria. He helped capture Starlight Glimmer before could she escape into the cave and could possibly return with evil plan such as changing time and whatnot.

But, today was a special day - it was Hearts and Hooves Day! And all couples we're giving each other gifts and going out on dates. Discord was going to visit Fluttershy at her cottage to tell her his plans this afternoon, first he knocked on the door.

"Who is it!" her sweet voice called from inside the cottage.

"It's your Prince, Discord."

"Oh, Discord! Come in."

Discord stepped inside the cottage. And there was Fluttershy brushing her mane in front of the mirror. She stopped her brushing and ran up to him to give him a hug.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day my dear and Happy Five Month Anniversary!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh, Discord, you remembered!" Fluttershy excitedly as she give him a kiss.

"How could I not remember seven months ago, we started dating?" Discord asked rhetorically with a big goofy grin.

"So today's Hearts and Hooves Day...what do you have planned?"

"I planned a date at 8:00 pm sharp at the hill, I'll be picking you up. And I have a surprise for you after the date."

"What's the surprise?"

"I'm not telling you until after the picnic."

"Oh ok. And but remember we're not exchanging our gifts untill after the date."

"Ok, but I have a special gift for you my sweet, goodbye." Discord said as he stepped out of the cottage.

"Bye Discord."

She closed the door behind. And she went back to her mirror and stared at her reflection.

"He has something else planned I just know it. Oh Discord, wait till you see what got you." Fluttershy said as she opened a drawer and pulling out a snowglobe which had a picture of them inside and instead of snow, hearts fell down when it was shaken.

"Oh he's so cute when he's so happy."


Back at Discord's floating castle. Discord appeared in his courtyard front of a large structure covered in a blanket, looking distressed.

"Oh I hope I can finish the gift in time of the picnic, I know I can just snap it finished, but I want the gift to be special for Fluttershy. And I can't ask for help anyways since the others are busy with their things especially Twilight going out with that crush of her's. Good thing Me, and Cadence brought them together." He said to himself.

Discord conjured a constructionpony suit, some tools, and some magicless clones and started to work on his gift and with the help of the clones, Discord finished his gift four hours earlier then he expected.

He wiped the sweat from his brow. "Thank you me's I wouldn't of finish it early without me."

"Your welcome me." Said the clones as they were snapped gone.

Discord stepped back to admire his work. He had been working on a statue of Him and Fluttershy together- even the details made it look so real mostly because he made the Discord part of the statue actually move and were part of his security guard, even though the Discord part of the statue was able to perform magic, it was under the spell of not teleporting away; because the Fluttershy part would come to life and probably stop him before he did."

"I'm sure she'll love this present, it's no Michelangelo but it will do. Let's see I still have two hours left, I'll go get ready and go to the jewelry store." He teleported away from the castle, but then teleported back "Oh, and statue me please don't fall off the cliff while I'm gone, unlike like the other one did."

"Of course my chaotic master."

"Excellent!"


Meanwhile back at Fluttershy's cottage. Fluttershy was still choosing what to wear for her date. "Oh Angel, what should I wear for our date?"

Angel just glared at her and squeaked saying: "Anything you want! I don't care, especially if it involves your idiotic chaotic chimera coltfriend!"

"Don't say that, Angel! He's my coltfriend."

"So? I don't care, he's not my problem."

"So if I told him you called him an idiotic chaotic chimera, would you care?"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me." She said coldly.

"Alright alright fine...wear the gold dress...it reminds me of something."


Discord arrived at Fluttershy's cottage not a minute too late. And he knocked on the door.

"Just a minute!" Fluttershy called inside.

"Alright Discord- let's show that mare the time of her life."

"Discord."

"Ah yes Fluttershy- ready to go-o-o-o-o..."

Fluttershy was wearing a gold dress with vines and roses embroidered into it. While Discord wore a blue tuxedo.

"Is something wrong? Is it too much? I could change if you'd like."

"I-I-I what! No, you look absolutely stunning."

"Oh... Thank you." Said Fluttershy blushing slightly.

"Shall we be off my dear?"

"We shall." Fluttershy replied with a giggle.


The date was at the top of the hill and it looked beautiful because of all the star and the full moon were out. Discord begged Princess Luna to make the night sky beautiful for this evening.

"Here we are." Discord said, pointing at the flower embroidered gazebo.

"It looks beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you, now c'mon let's eat."

Discord had made a small buffet for the picnic including; Cucumber Sandwiches, Salads, and Tea cookies. They starting eating and Discord told Fluttershy about what had happened today for him.

"Then he ran away with my right foot, it took an hour just to catch him, but that monkaroo was a smart one."

"Hahaha! Oh Discord, that's a hilarious story! But now it's time for the gift exchange."

"Ok, but your gift first."

Fluttershy pulled out the snowglobe out her saddlebag and gave it to Discord.

"I know you can pretty much conjure up anything, but this is a symbol of our love."

"I love it, it's great! Thank you sweetie."

"Now yours."

"Oh right, let me just conjure it here."

Discord conjured up the statue.

"Before you go all you can conjure this up in a snap thing, I'm just gonna tell you I made this by paw/claw with some help from magicless clones I wanted to show you how much I care for you."

"It's so beautiful." Said Fluttershy tearing up a little.

"Why thank you, Mrs.Fluttershy."

"Eep! It just talked."

"I made it come alive and it can do magic and it won't run away due your part keeping it in check."

On cue the Fluttershy part of the statue came to life. "Yeah, I'll make sure he won't run away, right dear?"

"Yes, dear."

"Thank you, Discord, for this wonderful gift! But why did the statue say "Mrs" instead of Miss. Fluttershy?"

"Oh, yeah about that..." Discord said, glaring to the statue for revealing his plan early.

Discord reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box and opened it reveling a gold ring with a teal-blue diamond.

Fluttershy gasped at the sight of it.

"Fluttershy..."

"Yes Discord?"

"Fluttershy... Will you marry me?"

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger!:trollestia: There will be a sequel soon.

Thank you for enjoying my story.

Edit: There will be a remake of this story.

Comments ( 14 )

can't wait for the sequel

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FANGIRL DEMANDS A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

6114712 Your gonna have to wait, I still have a Flashlight story and another Fluttercord story I'm working on.

The sequel will mostly likely be in 3 weeks

I DEMAND A SEQUEL NOW!!!!! :flutterrage:.... Um if that's alright with you:twilightblush:
and I sensed a sort of BoD refrence when discord was picking fluttershy up.
Anyways, I think Flutters is going to say 'yes' I not... I WILL DESTROY YOU!

6119266 I am working on a sequel, but also I'm still juggling two other stories.

6208272 Do you want me to change the name of it? I know since people will already know who it is before reading.

6401532 Even if Celesta wasn't turned to stone, she wouldn't be able to fix it due to the Rainbow Power being more powerful then her.

Oh my celestia!!! I'm reading the sequel now. It's AWESOME! :yay:

6401652 Hey, a couple of criticisms. The characters don't seem fleshed out at all. While there was some world building, I constantly had a hard time figuring out where they were. The actions were very blocky, you got to the point of the action, but good action needs to be fleshed out, the more detailed the actions the better, as long as those details help the reader discern EXACTLY what is going on down to a single twitch of a hoof before movement. The dialogue could also use some work, it was also very blocky and doesn't really flow well.

I haven't read any more of your stories so I don't know if you fixed these in the future.

Any way signing off, say Hi to Mocha for me!-Devildogg20

7582263 I've been planning to remake this after the series is finished. Furthermore, I am thankful that you gave me criticism. I don't usually get that.

7582407 Roger that! Anytime.

Awwwwwww! I LOVE Fluttercord stories! :raritystarry:

Comment posted by Coco Candy deleted Nov 27th, 2019
Login or register to comment