• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 1,251 Views, 54 Comments

Axequestria - Emtu

  • ...
7
 54
 1,251

AXE COP MAKES A FRIEND (Part 2)

Twi glared at me. “Didn’t I tell you not to kill her?”

“Awwww I wanted to blow her head off…” Cinder whined, gracefully stepping into view.

“No, you said I couldn’t blow her up, not that I couldn’t kill her. I didn’t mean to anyway, I figured the crystal axe might be able to cut the amulet’s latch, but it just skipped off and hit the thing behind, which happened to be her neck.” I scratched the back of my head. “By the way, this is Cinder, she’s the one that was letting me speak to you telepathically. Um... I don’t suppose you could, uh, not tell Celestia about what happened with Trixie?”

“NOT TELL CELESTIA? ARE YOU MAD?” Her mane and tail rose up, and with a flash of magic, burst into flame, and her coat glowed a bright white.

I took a step back from the fiery mare. “Wait, wait, wait, I think I can fix this.” Removing my backpack, I began to dig around inside. “Come on, where is it, I know I packed a roll to take to the con, damn stuff’s useful everywhere. Aha!” Pulling both hands out of the backpack, I held up a short, thick-walled silvery cylinder. “Duct tape! This worked in the comic, I really hope it works here...” I scooped up the azure unicorn’s head, lined it up on her neck stump, and wrapped several layers of the duct tape around the joint.

Sparklebutt was stunned. Her mane and tail continued to burn, but the look on her face was unreadable. “You’re just sticking her head back on? How is that supposed–” She stopped as Trixie’s eyes fluttered open and she began to clamber back to her hooves. “What?” Her flaming mane and tail sank back down and extinguished themselves, and her coat reverted to its usual color. “Nope, I’m done. You clean up the mess, I’m going back to the library.”

“Twilight,” Trixie gasped out, causing the lavender mare to pause. “I’m so sorry, after you ran me out of town last time, I became a laughing stock. Everywhere I went I was laughed at and ostracized, and I let my envy get the best of me when I bought that terrible amulet. I just couldn’t control myself. Can you ever forgive me?”

The Purple One visibly sighed. “Of course I can forgive you, Trixie, though it’s the rest of Ponyville whose forgiveness you might have trouble getting.” She turned her head and gave Trixie a wan smile. “Maybe I can put in a good word for you with the princess and you can join in the performance for the Saddle Arabian delegates.”

“You’d do that for me, after everything I did?” Tears started to fall from Trixie’s eyes, but she still smiled.

I spoke up. “Hey, we didn’t leave you dead. That should tell you something, huh?”

Cinder glided up behind me and crossed her arms, casually remarking, “Well, I woulda left her scorched and unconscious for a while, though that’s completely different, now isn’t it?”

“Well yeah, but if we left her too long she’d start to rot. I don’t know how long afterwards duct tape works, they only used it right after in the one comic they used it. Though the kid they used it on grew a second head afterwards.” Upon hearing this, everyone nearby turned to stare at Trixie for a moment. “I dunno how that would work on a pony, though.”

“... Perhaps it’d be better if I used a few healing moves on her?” Cinder muttered, circling around Trixie and examining the duct tape seal. “Hey, what happens if the duct tape comes off?”

Trixie got an intense look of fear and put her hooves to her throat. “Trixie doesn’t want to find out!”

“...Well,” Cinder poked around the seal keeping Trixie together, noting the feel of the flesh underneath. “It… seems like… your head is still unattached… but from what I can tell, it looks like it’s healing, albeit very slowly.”

I looked between Cinder and Trixie, then nodded. “If you have any healing moves that can be used on others, yeah that would probably be a good idea. I don’t know how well that tape is going to hold with fur, but I know taking it off is gonna hurt.” Trixie cringed a bit, but tried to keep her head as upright as possible.

“Of course, of course… now… lesse….” Cinder mentally scrolled through her move list, finally coming to a stop on Heal Pulse, releasing the move directly at Trixie’s neck in an expanding ripple of pink light and sparkles. “This might work, though I’m not sure how well pokemon moves translate to real world physics…”

I prodded gently at the duct tape. “It feels mostly solid, but there’s still a bit of a groove. Can you throw another at her?” Trixie carefully wobbled her head back and forth a bit, then gingerly nodded her agreement.

“Right, right…” Cinder’s eyes glowed as she cast another Heal Pulse, ripples of pink light expanding from her form.

Prodding once more at the tape, I nodded firmly. “Feels solid now. Okay Trixie, I’m going to take off the tape, because the longer it’s on there the more fur it’s going to rip out when it comes off. Brace yourself, this is going to hurt.”

“The Humble and Apologetic Trixie isn’t afraid of a little paaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!” I removed the last of the tape, ripping a strip around Trixie’s neck mostly clear of fur.

I leaned over to look more closely at her neck, noting that the exposed skin was a slightly lighter shade of blue than her fur. “Huh, I didn’t expect that. Alright Trixie, you think you can help clean up this mess you made of the town?”

She blushed and lowered her head a bit. “It’s the least I could do after all the trouble I’ve caused.” Looking up to face each of us in turn, she continued, “Thank you, whoever you are, for getting that amulet off of me, even though you had to, uh... cut my head off to do it, and thank you both for... reattaching my head.” With a look of determination on her face, she got to her hooves. “Where should Trixie start?” Too Purple beckoned for her to follow, and the two walked away.

“Do you want to stick around and help clean up, or do you want to tell me how I send you back to wherever you came from, because I haven’t a clue,” I asked Cinder.

“Well, there’s not much back home but a bunch of decently easily repelled demon invasions, so I might as well take the time to relax and see what other Equestrias are like.” She shrugged and moved off, psychically lifting ruined areas back into their proper places. “So… you wanna help?”

I moved to follow Cinder. “Dang, you’re lifting more with your mind than I can with my body, or at least more than I could before I got Displaced. I haven’t really tested to see if I got Axe Cop’s insane strength,” I said. “I do know I got the sleep pattern, though.” I looked around and my eyes fixed on a huge statue of Trixie standing on her hind legs, probably twenty feet tall.

“..... Should we tear that down?” Cinder asked, tapping on it with her shovel.

“Let me try something first.” I bent down and wedged my fingers under the edge of the statue, and suddenly lifted it over my head with little effort. “Huh. Guess I got the crazy strength, too. Want to try shooting it out of the air?” Flexing my arms up and down a bit, I commented on its apparent weight. “This really doesn’t feel as heavy as you’d think from the size. I could probably throw it all the way to Ghastly Gorge.”

“Well, just toss it up and I’ll see what I can do.” She charged up a few attacks, letting them orbit behind her.

With a mighty grunt, I sent the statue hurtling over the Everfree Forest, nearly hitting a couple pegasi trying to push errant weather back. “Sorry! Clear the way, there’s more coming!” I called out. The pegasi looked at each other and dove to the ground. I repeated the action with several more similar statues.

Cinder took the opportunity to launch out her attacks on arcing paths, announcing each one as she fired, “Magical Leaf. Moonblast. Shadow Ball. Thunderbolt. Focus Blast. Energy Ball. Psyshock. Charge Beam. Will o’ Wisp. Icy Wind. Shock Wave. Signal Beam.” The sky lit up in rainbow colors as her attacks, repeated and set off in different combinations, slammed into the statues that I threw, shattering each and every one into little clouds of dust.

“Well, that was easier than I thought it would be,” I said, just then noticing all the ponies in the area had completely stopped what they were doing to gape at the two of us. “Okay, maybe that was showing off, just a little. I thought it was fun, though.” Taking another look around, I realized that there wasn’t actually much more cleaning up to do. “Looks like Trixie didn’t actually do that much damage, mostly just those statues and the flags with her face on them. I don’t know where she got those huge chunks of stone... maybe from the rock farm she worked at? Eh, whatever, the Everfree and Ghastly Gorge aren’t going to be hurt too much by an influx of fine gravel.” I looked back to Cinder. “You hungry? We could go hit Sugarcube Corner.”

“I’ve only ever heard stories about that place… mostly good ones… except the ones about Pinkie Pie occasionally.” Cinder stretched and flexed, rolling her shoulders and cracking her neck. “Let’s go, then. I want to see what they actually have.”

“But Ponka is the best part! I think my shenanigans frustrate Purple Smart almost as much as hers do.” I pointed towards the building, not far off, that looked just like a huge gingerbread house. “It’s right there. As much as it doesn’t match the rest of the town, I still think it fits perfectly.”

“It’s pretty nice looking. It’s not made of real gingerbread, is it? I mean, Equestria has some weird things, so a legit gingerbread house wouldn’t be too surprising.”

“Probably not. If it were, I’m sure they’d have trouble with critters snacking on it.” As we walked in the door, just after the bell rang, a pink blur smacked into me, knocking me off my feet, then resolved into a very pink pony, hugging me tightly.

“Axey! You saved Ponyville! And you made a new friend!” She hopped off of me and moved in front of Cinder, pronking in place as she talked. “Hi! I’ve never seen you before today and that means you’re new to Ponyville and I need to throw you a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party! My name’s Pinkie Pie, what’s yours?” She stopped bouncing and held out a hoof.

“I’m Cinder. Cinder Guard. Nice to meet you.” Cinder shook Pinkie’s hoof gingerly, a little surprised by her exuberance.

Pinks recoiled slightly and gasped loudly. “Okay Axey, I know what you want, but Cinder, what flavor do you like? Sweet, mint, citrus, mocha, or spice?”

“Hmmm…. I prefer Citrus.” Cinder tapped her chin as she thought.

“Citrus it is!” The Pink One disappeared back into the kitchen in another pink streak.

“It may sound strange, but you really do get used to her antics,” I explained as I stood up. “Especially the hugs. Those can come out of nowhere. Let’s go find a seat, she never takes long.” I led Cinder over to the tables, and we sat down. “Funny story, apparently Pinkie reads the Axe Cop comic. I don’t even know how. She totally called me out on not being the real Axe Cop not long after I got here.”

“Huh. Well, that’s interesting. I haven’t met my Pinkie yet… she’s holed up somewhere in Canterlot with the rest of the Elements of Harmony… except Princess Twilight, she’s dealing with the southern front.”

“Holed up? Southern front? And you mentioned demons earlier... man, frankly your Equestria sounds like kind of a hellhole. No offense.”

“It almost is a hellhole. There’s demons invading from the east, west, and south. Half of Equestria is gone, most of the cities are damaged in some way, Ponyville is nearly destroyed, and the Eastern Front is… well… it’s a frontline and one of the only lines of defense at this point. It’s not fun. My friend, Heinrich, is on the west, and from what he’s reported… it’s not much better over there.” Cinder sighed, playing with a spoon, bending it and unbending it with her mind.

“Here comes your snacks!” Perky Pup called as she walked out of the kitchen, balancing two trays on her back. On one sat what appeared to be a miniature two-layered cake with white frosting and a lit candle on top shaped like Axe Cop holding up two axes, and on the other was six small, spherical orange puff pastries, each with a twist of matching frosting on top. She sidled up to the table, and with a swing of her hips, both trays slid off and stopped directly in front of their intended recipients. She dropped two fresh bundles of silverware on the table, and with a call of, “Enjoy!” dashed back to the kitchen.

“Wow, she is fast…” Cinder mumbled, picking up a Pokepuff and nibbling at it. “Hey… these are pretty good.”

I blew out the candle, pulled a knife out of the silverware, and sliced up my cake. “It’s all part of Pinkie being Pinkie. Heck, as much crazy stuff as she does in peaceful times, she could probably be a terrifying force of destruction in a war.” Picking up a slice, I took a bite. “Mmm, red velvet. That’s a new one. Haven’t had a flavor yet that Pinkie didn’t make fantastic.”

“Hmmmm~” Cinder mumbled around her mouthful, enjoying the citrusy taste of the pastry. “I can totally believe that.”

“I can box some up for you to take back, if you want!” yelled The Pink One from the kitchen.

Cinder called back, hand unnecessarily at her mouth as if to make the words carry farther, “That’d be wonderful, thank you~!”

As I finished up his first slice of cake, I looked between Cinder’s hand and mouth in confusion. “I just realized, I don’t think I’ve heard you actually speak since you got here, only the telepathy thing.”

Cinder froze, eyes widening as she sat ramrod straight. “A-ah… ahah… you noticed, that, didn’t you… Eheh… ehehehehe…” She shifted immediately into a slight slouch, a massive blush working its way across her face as she scratched the back of her neck. “It’s… kinda embarrassing…”

I thought this over for a moment, then it struck me why she didn’t talk. I gasped lightly and covered my mouth. “Oh geez, it’s the ‘being a pokemon’ thing, isn’t it? I’m sorry for bringing it up. Now that I think about it though, I kinda feel sorry for anyone that got or gets Displaced as a non-psychic type... I can imagine they’d have a heck of a time communicating at all.”

“Lemme tell ya, when someone has mental shields it’s a problem all its own.” Cinder motioned with a fork as she ate, drawing little diagrams in the air with glowing lines of psychic energy. “See, like, they got this whole barrier around their minds which makes normal telepathy a lot more difficult to get through, and sometimes it just bounces off and hits the wrong target. And don’t even get me started on when it bounces right back and the psychic feedback effect happens. Not fun. At all.”

...Okay, I was confused again. “Wow. I, uh... don’t really have a baseline to compare to psychic feedback. The closest I could think of is audio feedback, like when you have a microphone too close to the same speaker it’s connected to. Wait, you were human, right? From an Earth with technology and all? I’m not sure if they have that kind of thing here, the tech levels are all weird because of the magic.”

“Yeah, I was human. Psychic feedback is… hard to explain. It’s kinda like mixing a hangover, audio feedback, hammers to the skull, and a flashbang to the face, in varying degrees of intensity depending on how bad it is. Usually it’s just a minor annoyance, but as far as my body’s memories go? The worst case scenario is leaking your brain out of your ears.” Cinder shivered, calming her nerves with another bite of Pokepuff.

I cringed at that. “I can imagine leaking brain would be... unpleasant, to say the best.” I cut another slice of cake as I continued. “Have you met many other Displaced? Any I should watch out for, in either a good or bad way?”

“I’ve only met one other… and he’s now my boyfriend… so I can’t really tell you a whole lot. Well, I mean, I guess you could tell how a Displaced would generally act based on their wording for their Token Message, but those tend to be… boastful and speech-like and pretty stupid.” Cinder shrugged as she finished her Pokepuffs, casually wiping her mouth with a napkin as she did so.

“Token Message? Great, first I accidentally made a Token, then I don’t know if I actually put a message in it or not.” Il slumped a bit and took another bite of cake. “How do the messages work, anyway? I don’t remember getting any sort of message from yours.”

“Well, they’re supposed to play automatically when you find a Token, but apparently some of them actually require you to focus on them for the message to play. I guess mine is one of the latter. Hey, Axel, that reminds me, do things here work out like they do in the Axe Cop comic?”

“Depends on exactly what you mean by that. I know I’ve found I can do just about anything that Axe Cop has been shown to do, and when I killed the changeling queen and Cha-” I coughed and shook my head, “I mean Lyra, got splashed with the blood, she became part changeling, kind of like Flute Cop with the dinosaur blood. You saw her transform just after you got here. I’m not sure if things just work that way in general here, or just around me, but I can tell you the weirdness has been happening. I’ve also had this compulsion to use weird nicknames for the ponies around me, but I can overcome it if I focus. I don’t usually bother, though.”

“Yup, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Hmmm… not a whole lot else to do here, is there? I mean, my home is just action day in day out, but I guess a little bit of nothing is cool too.”

“Not really. I mostly help around with general stuff between, uh... episodes.” I leaned forward as though to whisper, then I remembered I could just think at her, so I leaned back in my seat and did that instead. “Was this a TV show for you before you got Displaced too? I don’t want to say it out loud; I’ve only told the Element Bearers, and ponies can get pretty panicky.”

“Actually, it was. Well, I say was because the planet got blasted into a trillion little pieces by a Mars sized chunk of Australium.” Cinder nodded, sitting back and lightly patting her stomach.

“Did you watch it? I saw enough that I know what would be happening if I wasn’t here, for about...” I rubbed my chin in thought, “the next year and a half or so? They never were too solid with time in the show, and I don’t know exactly how far off it is before Sparklebutt gets turned into an alicorn. Eight episodes or so, but that could be anything from a couple weeks to several months, though I’m leaning toward the longer side.”

“Hmmmm…. I didn’t really watch much of the show, just bits and pieces… I do remember the Twilicorn thing going around on the internet for a while, though.” Cinder tapped her chin thoughtfully, unintentionally making an incredibly adorable gesture.

I smirked a bit at that. “Oh yeah, the nerd rage over that was hilarious. Last I knew there were even people that denied anything from that episode on even existed. I did see another whole season and then some beyond that, though.” I continued out loud. “Just thinking about it, I have to wonder if there are any more pokemon Displaced, or maybe trainers, even. Admittedly, it’s kind of weird to meet a real pokemon, when I’ve only ever seen them on screens before.”

Punky Pout trotted out from the kitchen with a large pastry box on her back. “Here you go Cinder, a king-sized sampler, one dozen of each flavor! No charge for you guys, because you’re friends. Are you going to be able to stick around long enough for your ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party? I can get it started in two shakes of a pony’s tail if you’re ready!”

Cinder’s eyes grew wide at the sight of the box, a cutesy smile coming to her face as she gasped in delight, “Woooow~! Oh this looks so wonderful~! A-ah! A party? E-eh… I’m sure I can, actually! Yes! I haven’t been to a party in months!”

Pinkabetes gasped loudly, a look of shock coming to her face. “Months!? We’ll have to remedy that right now, missy! Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right back.” She dashed off to the kitchen, and returned without the box. “It’s in the fridge with your name on it, you can come back and get it before you leave. And now...” In what appeared to be an impossible gesture, Pinkie shoved both front hooves deep into her mane, pulled out her party cannon, set it on the floor, and reached her hoof towards the trigger button.

I looked towards Cinder to try to catch her gaze as I slammed my hands over my ears. “Cover your ears, quick!”

“Oh shit.” Cinder clapped her hands over her ears, and used several pokemon moves I didn’t immediately recognize over the two of us. “Ears covered, hitting the deck!” I ducked under the table as well.

The moment the trigger button was depressed, an implausible amount of confetti, streamers, and balloons shot out, accompanied by a deafeningly loud party horn sound. The streamers and balloons conveniently fell exactly where they needed to be, covering virtually every surface in Sugarcube Corner’s dining room. Immediately thereafter, she shoved the cannon back into her mane and dashed out the door in a pink streak. Seconds later, ponies started filing in and began to party.

Cinder released her protective barriers and grimaced when a pile of streamers and confetti fell into her hair and covered her top hat. As she picked the offending paper from her hat band, she psychically cleaned it off of me as well and made sure none of her weapons would clog due to accidental jamming. “Okay, what the fuck just happened.”

I climbed back into my chair and shrugged. “Party cannon. Not dangerous, but really darn loud if you’re this close when she fires it. Oh, and before you ask how she stores it where she does, don’t. The greatest minds in Equestria have yet to figure it out.”

“... She kinda scares me now. I like her, but she kinda scares me.” Cinder glided away, mingling with the rest of the crowd as they filed in. Many of the ponies greeted her by name as they entered, along with offering a warm welcome. She gratefully expressed her thanks, though at one point she had circled back to me and asked, “How do they all know my name? It’s kinda weird.”

“Pinkie probably told them when she invited them to the party. That’s her usual M.O. when organizing ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ parties, and anyone Pinkie considers a friend is generally accepted pretty quickly,” I explained. “It’s kind of amazing, she says she knows everyone in Ponyville, and she really does. She never misses birthdays or other reasons to throw parties, and she’ll often make up reasons if one can’t be found. There was never a place this friendly back on Earth.”

“You got that right. Best I got after I moved to college was a facebook message from my old friends. Well, if I was home, I got dinner, but that’s about it.” Cinder at this point was starting to look a bit wobbly, but she was clearly happy about it. She almost looked like she was getting drunk. “Oh jeez, it’s so happy in here~ If it gets any better I might get a contact high just from the resonance~” Already she had a smile and a light blush permanently glued to her expression, drifting around in a carefree manner.

I chuckled. “If you’re getting high off this, just wait until Pinkie gets back, she’ll get you smashed in the best possible way.”

“Ohhhh~ Dear~” Cinder giggled, clearly having the time of her life, “I dunno if I can take any more of this~”

With a cry of, “Come on everypony, LET’S PARTY!” Ponka Po came barreling back in the room, pulled a record player from her mane, and started up some lively music, causing most of the party guests to start dancing in various ways. I just smiled and bobbed my head to the music, as it’s a bit awkward to dance with ponies half your height.

Meanwhile, as the emotions in the room spiked to an all time high, Cinder spun in a dizzy circle, dancing woozily to the beat with a massive grin stuck permanently to her face.

I got up and moved closer to the wobbling pokemon. “You okay there? Looks like you’re using Teeter Dance.” I smirked and danced along with her, careful not to knock into any ponies, and gently directing her to do the same.

“So many happy vibes~! It’s really messing with my heaaaaad~” Cinder giggled and danced with me, wobbling back and forth with a massive blush upon her face and unfocused eyes.

After a little while, Pinkie approached me with a concerned look on her face. She nudged my leg firmly to get noticed, and I crouched down so I could hear her. “Is your friend okay? She looks, well... drunk, and I’m not serving any booze at this party.”

I smiled and shook my head. “She’s fine, or I hope she is anyway. You know how she talks psychically?” She nodded. “She’s apparently sensitive to strong emotions, and the party is really getting to her. She might need a bed when the party winds down, though.”

Songsmile reared up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. “You’re a good friend. You take care of her. There’s not a spare room, but you can put her in my bed upstairs if you need to. It’s the second door on the left.” I hugged her back and nodded, then stood back up and continued protecting both Cinder and the ponies from collisions.

As the party went on, Cinder’s condition only continued to deteriorate. She stumbled and weaved, as if she was incredibly drunk, and at one point she had spun in place until she fell over. I dashed up as I saw her spinning and just barely caught her. “Come on, let’s get you to a bed, you should probably lay down for a while.”

“Whoooooooo~! Spinny spinny~!” Cinder shouted out, giggling and collapsing into a heap in my arms.

As I carried Cinder upstairs, The Pink One took notice and dashed across the room to the record player. She turned it off, grabbed the horn from it, and announced, “Sorry everypony, party’s over. The guest of honor needs to get some sleep, so we should quiet down.” There were a few groans, but everyone calmed down and made their way out with little protest, though it sounded like a few lagged behind to buy some sweets to take home.

Upstairs, I easily found Pink’s room and put Cinder in her bed. “Are you going to be okay? It sounded like Pinkie called off the party when she saw me carrying you up here, so the emotional rush should calm soon.”

“Uuuuhhhhhhhhh my head……..” Cinder moaned out. “Months of fighting on the front lines and being totally fine…. and I get a contact high from being in the same room as a bunch of partying ponies. What the fuuuuuuck.”

“Do you need anything? Water? Aspirin or something? ...Do they even have painkillers here?”

“No, no… just… ice… Ice would be good… I’d ice my own head, but I can’t even concentrate enough for an Ice Punch right now…” Cinder mumbled, futilely rubbing at her temples.

At that moment, Perky walked in the room with a hot water bottle clenched in her teeth. “Ah brah ya sahn ahh.” Setting the bottle down on the edge of the bed, she repeated herself. “I brought you some ice.”

I patted her on the head. “Not a clue how you knew, and I’m not even going to ask.”

She leaned into the petting. “Well, it was pretty obvious she would want ice, she basically seemed drunk downstairs, and ice often helps that.”

“Thanks…” Cinder grumbled, placing the bottle full of ice under her top hat and miserably sitting in bed. “Well… aside from that damn emotion-high, this has been a really fun visit so far.”

“I have to admit, it’s been nice having company that understands me better than ponies do, no offense, Pink.” The Pink One waved a hoof at me dismissively. “Do you think your Equestria is doing alright without you, though? It sounded like they’re having trouble fighting back the demons, and you seem like you’re really strong.”

“Well, if they handled the demons without me for six months, I’m sure they can handle them for another day,” Cinder moaned out, nursing her headache. “But, be that as it may… I think I should probably get home before they run into something worse than an Alpha Demon.”

“Oh dang, yeah that sounds like it could be a problem. So, how do I send you back? ...And is it as explosive as your arrival?” I asked.

“Uh… right. Well, just kinda… hmmm…. Okay, repeat after me,” Cinder began, standing gingerly and strapping on her equipment. “Actually wait, we should take a detour for those Pokepuffs.”

“Oh, right. Ponka can go grab the rest of the girls and CS to see you off too, right Pinks?” Pinkie nodded and saluted, turning into a pink streak as she left the room and zipped down the stairs and out the front door. “Come on, we can meet them outside, and I bet she left the box on the counter on her way out.”

“Right, right.” Cinder descended down the stairs, noticing that Pinkie had indeed left the box of Pokepuffs on the counter. She picked it up and glided outside, taking note of each of the ponies approaching to see her off. “Hm, didn’t actually expect much of a proper send off, I’ll admit.”

“Yeah, after the help you gave, and how much of a helpful friend you’ve been to me, I’m sure they didn’t want to miss it,” I replied.

Twilight stepped forward. “I’m sorry you had to come at such a troublesome time, and I wish we could have gotten to know you better.” All the others voiced their agreement. “We’d be glad to have you back sometime. Any friend of Axel’s is a friend of ours.” I smiled in response to that, then extended a hand to shake Cinder’s.

Cinder took my hand and gave it a firm shake, backing off and saluting all six ponies and me with as much formality as she could muster. “It was an honor to be here.”

I returned the salute. “It was an honor to have you, even if it was accidental.” I smirked.

Ponka called out, “Enjoy those Pokepuffs! Don’t eat ‘em all at once!” She waved a hoof over her head in a flailing manner.

I relaxed and scratched the back of my head a bit. “Okay, now how do I do this?”

“Ah! Right! Repeat after me: Cinder Guard, our contract is complete.”

“Alright. Cinder Guard, our contract is complete. Hope to see you again, call me if you need anything.” I waved with a smile.

As Cinder faded away in a shower of rainbow sparkles, she smiled and waved goodbye, sending one last salute at me. “And call me if you need anything as well. Goodbye Axel, I hope to see you again.”

And with that, she disappeared.

Author's Note:

Crossover with Cinder Guard from YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS AREN'T EVEN WORTH HITTING WITH A HYPER BEAM by Jsyrin.

Like I said, this was my first crossover, and it ran a little long. Sorry if you don't like it, I'll probably be getting back to the regular episodic antics next chapter, if I can figure out what to do with the next episode. I can't really see Axel going on the "sister" campout.

Comments ( 11 )

Maybe in the next episode Axel could investigate a disturbance at a camp about "The Headless Horse"
and find out that he's real but the questions arises.
Why is the Headless Horse at the camp?
Who is the olden pony and why is she walking in the forest at night?
Can you chop someone's head off if they don't have one?

...yeah, now we're kind of getting into the parts of all that Displaced crap that everyone dislikes about it. Grimdarkness, gratuitous crossovers and out-of-character randomness that is really not all that funny... it's not really all that enjoyable if you're not the type who thinks that just having a bunch of video game characters in it makes a story automatically better.

6045285
There will be more crossovers; if I can't fit them into an episode, or use them to skip an episode, they'll be "between episodes". There's hardly a Displaced without them, and Axel needed an introduction to being a Displaced. Also, Axel mostly dropped the Axe Cop persona around Cinder because she's the first other Displaced he's met, and he was happy just to see another (former) human. I will try to keep that thing to a minimum in the future. Some outgoing crossovers may be somewhat grimdark, but even then I will try to alleviate it with Axe Cop antics.

wlam #4 · Jun 2nd, 2015 · · 1 ·

6045437
Just please try to keep it to stuff that actually matches the tone of the story, if you do so, not crossovers with franchises that you're personally a fan of. Spending more time writing about that than whatever the original plot of your own story was is usually the point at which a story like this straight-up becomes not worth reading anymore.

I scooped up the azure unicorn’s head, lined it up on her neck stump, and wrapped several layers of the duct tape around the joint.

This reminds me of Pnub from Idle Hands.

6046343
Can't say I've seen that one.

6046394
It is a stoner comedy with zombies, involving the main character's struggle against his possessed evil hand and his quest to get the girl. He kills his friends who become the zombies, Pnub is one of them. Has almost cartoonish levels of gore. Seth Green is one of the protagonist's buddies.

I find it absolutely hilarious. Here's a direct link to the trailer so the comment is cleaner by avoiding unnecessary embed for those who might not care.

I need to do a crossover with this story eventually!

More please.

Comment posted by Emtu deleted Jan 16th, 2019
Login or register to comment