• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 1,873 Views, 73 Comments

Roads of Life - PonyWrites



High School is tough. It's even tougher if you're gay. Scootaloo is doing the best she can, but maybe the world has different ideas.

  • ...
28
 73
 1,873

Chapter 26 - The End

Scooter had just turned twenty-one. Rainbow Dash and Applejack took him on a pub crawl. Scooter knocked back shots like candy, moving on to cocktails and finally swill-beer. He danced with five...ly seven girls. Of course, in those clubs, “dancing” really meant “grinding hips and other sexy things” At first he felt guilty, and drank to drown that awful feeling. Why did he feel it anyway? Sweetie approved. She had loosened back up after that whole mess when they were sophomores. And it’s not like they were married.

They were on their third club now, his sisters having a good time grinding on the dance floor while some remix they heard three times by now played, a rainbow of electric lights shining and flashing overhead. Applejack would occasionally stop and take a bet with some poor unsuspecting man and proceed to drink him under the table. Alcohol, not… anyway.

Scooter met a friend from school, and it was actually a pleasant reunion. Twist, the nerdy redhead, had developed quite well. Yeah, compare her to a wine. Anyway, braces fixed her teeth which fixed her lisp, and she had a niiiice body. Or maybe that was booze goggles. Regardless, her jugs were massive. Scooter would put money, if Applejack hadn't taken his wallet, on Double Ds, so big and soft…

Scooter found himself making out with the former nerd and then a retreat to the bathroom… together… where they shared a stall. Scooter licked his lips and walked up to the bar. Wow, he could still walk. He slapped a five on the counter “white russian.” Anything to get that taste out of his mouth. It sure wasn’t Sweetie. Maybe he should have ordered something with sugar cookie flavor. Did they even have that? Oh well, a white russian was sweet enough and it tasted like coffee. Surely that would cleanse the pallet.

Rainbow sat down. “Was that Twist? Damn.”

“Shut up.” Scooter groaned.

“Just drink until you forget the entire night and puke your guts out. By the way, be sure to drink water.”

“Yes mom.” In this state, Scooter was eternally thirsty. He must have drank a gallon of water and soda, and that was without alcohol mixed in. He really liked Rum and Coke. He had like three before he was urged to order something else. He must have tried the entire bar menu in the city by now.

“How long have we been at this?”

“We’re working on nine hours. Nearly five am right now.”

Scooter vaguely recalled eating at least three different footlongs. And a kiloton of popcorn. And twice that many pretzels. “I wish Sweetie were here,” he grumbled as he took a sip of the coffee-like thing.

“Aww, look who’s heartsick.” Applejack waltzed up and and tapped the bar. She only seemed to drink Old Fashioneds, hard cider and dark beer. She seemed to alternate between bars, like she knew which ones served the best. She took a sip of her whiskey. “Ain’t no amount of drinking gonna cure that now. You at least have a good time?”

“I did until about ten minutes ago when I gave a friend from highschool--” Applejack slapped a hand over his mouth.

“I don’t wanna hear about none of that. We have all done shit we regret when we’re drunk off our asses. I.... well shoot I can’t remember any right now.”

Rainbow drank in the exact opposite the rest of them did. She started out with beers and then went to fruity cocktails. The waiter handed her an appletini. There was a low effort joke there, but everyone was too drunk to make it. They crawled back to the farmhouse and slept.

Scooter awoke the day after his twenty-first birthday with a whimper. The sun itself was burning inside his head. He looked around for a clock. Five Pm. He remembered regretting something, but not what that was. He also remembered vomiting. A lot. At least Rainbow and Applejack’s couch was comfortable. He looked to the coffee table and found a bottle of migraine relief and an energy drink in a tub of ice. His sisters were very considerate. There was a note that said “help yourself to anything in the fridge.” After slugging back half the energy drink and two pills, he got up and checked. Day old bacon, yum. Almond butter, sounds good, get some… rye bread? Is that all they had? How was he supposed to make an almond butter and jelly sandwich with bacon with RYE bread? Scooter noted that he was hungry enough that it still sounded like a good idea. Oh what the hell. He made the sandwich and grabbed a banana and apple from the fruit basket.

Thank the God that doesn’t exist that he was off today. Scooter had just finished breakfast and started texting Sweetie. I’m still alive. I’m sure you’re overjoyed.

Oh Damn, I thought I’d be rid of you =p

;-;

I’m kidding, don’t cry. It makes me sad when you cry ;-;

I know hun. I’d just haunt you anyway =p

have a good party?
Scooter pinched his forehead. Of course he remembered what he did now. Oh for heaven’s sake. I did, but I hooked up with Twist.
Her????
In all fairness, she’s hot now. Like, Dayum.
Don’t feel guilty. That’s the whole point, you only turn twenty-one once. It’s not like we’re married. I mean, let's be real here. I’m 1000 miles from you. We both have needs...
Hangovers suck btw. I promise to keep the cheating to a minimum.
Cinnamon Rolls are my favorite, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t get bored if I ate it all the time ;)
Applejack and Rainbow came from their bedroom. Oh, and while you were drunk off your ass, Rumble proposed to Bloom. Scooter wasn’t sure how to respond to that. Weren’t they all a little young? Sure they had known each other for years, and have been in a constant, non-exclusive relationship for five, but…

“Morning sunshine,” Applejack said, as though she didn’t drink three kegs of alcohol. “Hangover?”

“I did, but caffeine.” It finally registered what the two other girls were wearing, which is to say, a bra and pajama pants. “Do you fuckers ever wear clothes?”

“What, it’s our house?” Rainbow shrugged. Scooter sighed. Some things never change.

“Can I ask y’all something?” He had been hanging around with Bloom too much, but with Sweetie off to college out of state, what was a boy to do?

“We are yer sisters, that’s what we’re here for.”

“Why do people get married?”

“Oh, I got this one!” Rainbow said a bit too loudly. “Oh, right. Sorry. I was the one that proposed to Applejack, you know. We talked about it a lot before hand. Always talk about it. The proposal isn’t the surprise, just how it happens. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want. I proposed under that big Apple tree on the farm. Kneeled and everything. Anyway. Remember waaay back when I said sex is sometimes for a bond?” Scooter nodded. “Well, marriage is that bond codified. We love each other, and support each other. We made decisions together. You can do all of that and live together, but there’s just something about having that certificate that means something. I was your age. I’m prone to diving head first into dumb situations, and I was worried that’s what I was doing. Marriage is something old people do. Rainbow Dash refuses to be tied down with a ball and chain!”

“Easy sugar cube.” Her wife gently reminded.

“Marriage should never feel that way. I realised I didn’t feel that way. Marrying her was going to be my life, shared with her, and hers with me. We didn’t tie each other down, we… We...”

“We gave each other stable footing. What were Rarity’s exact words on this subject? ‘Marriage is a, dare I say it, holy, covenant between you and your partner.’”

“I still remember our vows. ‘Applejack, I promise to look out for you, make you let your hair down once in awhile, hold your hair back after that, and be there for you to lean on. I’ll give you chicken soup when you get sick, I’ll rub your back after a hard day’s work, and I’ll clean up after myself. I promise, as long as I breathe, I’ll stay right where I am, by your side.’” The couple looked in each other’s eyes tenderly.

“Rainbow Dash, I promise I won’t tie you to the ground, but I will keep your head from getting too high in the clouds. I’ll hold you close, I’ll give you space. I’ll patch your wounds. (This was back when she was always getting banged up doing something.) I’ll give you a backrub just because I feel like it. I’ll kiss you on your way to work, and when you get back. I’ll hold your hand through life’s turmoil. As long as I draw breath, I’ll stay right where I am; by your side.”

Scooter wiped his eyes on his shirt. “Oh, by the way, Apple Bloom’s engaged.”

“She WHAT? I swear on the deed to the farm, if that girl quits college to start a family I will personally skin her alive, tan her, then make her into a purse!” Applejack rushed to the front door

“Woah woah woah, simmer down, babe, I’m sure it’s fine.” The door slammed “Let me guess, you’re thinking about Sweetie?”

“Yeah, kinda.”

“The best advice I can give you is this: talk to her about it. She may want to wait to even get engaged until she finishes school. Hell, you already have those adorable promise rings, I wouldn’t worry about her running off with some sorostitute. Of course, this is one of the few times I would recommend going into the nonfiction section of the library. Check out Christian books on marriage, new age, islamic, jewish if you can find it, non-religious. Or if you want to dive right in like I did; that works too. One last bit, since I have to stop Applejack from sharpening her axe, Marriage is not a band-aid to fix a relationship, not that yours really needs one. It’s an elevation of what you currently have. A deep, personal commitment. OK, I have to chase down Applejack, make yourself at home, lock the door behind you. I don’t know why she doesn’t just call her...” Rainbow rushed out the door.

Scooter debated if he wanted to go back to his cold, lonely apartment. Not that it was much better here, but it was his sisters’ house, which was a little more comfortable. He decided to stick around a little. He made another sandwich a few hours later. Since his girlfriend was on college time, she didn’t sleep well either. Scooter would call or be called at any time. It was around nine when she called.

“What’s up baby?” Sweetie greeted.

“I want to ask you something. Don’t get excited just yet, but if I proposed?”

“If you got down on your knees and showed me a ring, right now, what would I do?”

“Yeah.”

“I’d say no. Not right now. I’m so busy I can hardly think straight. Even if you just put the ring on my finger and waited until I graduate… That’s not fair to you. You might find someone hotter than me, who you love just as much. Of course we could always handle that like we did Apple Bloom… anyway. I’m not going to tie you down. It’s not that I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with you. If I could just snuggle up to you forever I’d be pretty happy, but I have my own desires, and you have yours.”

“Oh, I know, I was just wondering. And considering I’m poor as fuck right now that’s not fair to either of us. And the last thing I want is to cage you, my little songbird.”

“I’ll wait for you, if you’ll be there when I get back.”

“Promise. I love you.”

“Even though you aren't here, and I miss you so much my dear, I'll love you forever and ever, I'll always love you my far away lover.” Sweetie was always writing lines for songs. Scooter smiled, knowing how much of an inspiration he served. “Don’t be afraid to visit AB if you need to let out some tension.”

“I have been, Sweetie. I love you both just as much. You having fun at college?”

“Well of course. I’m FWB with this cute baritone. He may be getting sick of hearing about how great you are though. No girls though.”

“Can’t find a bitch or you just don’t want to?”

“They have a GSA here, I attend regularly. The lesbians are a nuclear catfight waiting to happen. I’m pretty sure they’ve all slept with each other. They aren’t as sexy or as beautiful as you either.”

“Well if you do find a hot babe with a great personality, bang her for me, OK.” Sweetie giggled.

“Alright. Love you babe.”

“Love you too, honeydew.” Scooter kissed over the phone.

“Life takes many roads,” the speaker at Scooter’s trade school graduation spoke, “That degree you hold in your hand is a map. Along the way you may find a fork in the road that leads to something more interesting. A few of you might decide to write a book instead, become a singer, become an air condition service-person. We have a great program for that by the way.” The audience chuckled. “Life isn’t a straight line. That certificate doesn’t make it straight either. It simply helps you take the next step. Thank you.” The audience clapped, final roll was called, and Scooter found his family and friends and had his picture taken, flexing his biceps like a World War Two propaganda poster. The next photo, the one he would hang on his wall, Sweetie pulled him in for a kiss. She had a year of college left, and Scooter was growing restless. They still loved each other, deeply. They would talk for hours on the phone, sometimes while the other one was having sex with someone else. There was just one thing Scooter needed to do, but the time wasn’t right. He already had the ring. He hated it. It was a cheap thing from when he was working fast-food. He couldn’t replace it. It became a symbol of the idea, something bigger than itself. Bigger than it’s microscopic pink topaz gem, heavier than the ten-karat gold.

He knew what Sweetie would say, regardless of what the ring looked like. But the time wasn’t right. A few more steps down that winding road of life and it would be, but now it just wouldn’t be fair to either of them.

Scooter’s road led him to Ponyville. So named because they used to raise horses there, or something. It was a quiet town, where wild ponies roamed. He had to get out of the city. He knew that much. Air was too thick. He bought a house on the outskirts of town, two whole acres surrounded by trees. Whoever lived there before had built a small pond that didn’t have fish. Something to think about later. Rainbow and Applejack helped him move in. The house right now was hollow, a piece of it missing. He knew exactly what, and had waited patiently all these years. Four years of high school, another three for mechanic training, and another year to figure out he wanted to be here. Sweetie was taking her sweet time at college, but would graduate this year. She only has like fifteen hours left, she said. Twenty-three years old, Scooter was about to have it all. The local mechanic was old, near retirement. Scooter had already made arrangements to come in tomorrow morning. He didn’t sound impressed over the phone at his qualifications, but said to come in anyway. Scooter went to bed, exhausted from hauling his worldly possessions down here. He dreamed about what his house might look like in three years.

Scooter’s first impression of the mechanic could have gone better. He was an old man, about seventy, with a white beard and mustache that went a full six inches under his chin. He did look good for seventy, years of mechanical work keeping him in shape. His eyes seemed to be physically displeased with everything. His voice was deep, but had a jollity that implied he knew something about the universe you didn’t. He would chuckle and cackle after nearly every sentence. He shook from either parkinson's or built in energy. He walked around the shop just fine but every time he bent his knees to pick something up, he would struggle and shake as though someone had built his knees wrong and they couldn’t support his weight after they bent like that. He wore a quartz crystal about the size of Scooter’s little finger around his neck, and mismatched plaid button up and shorts.

Scooter looked at the Chevy Nova. “Wouldn’t it just be cheaper to buy a new car?”

“Well yes but I have to test you somehow.” The old man, Gearbox, cackled. He was probably crazy. Too much oil fumes. “You have until sunset. You can use anything in the shop. Have fun.”

Three energy drinks, ten hours, an engine rebuild (among a countless list which Scooter documented) and Several wrenches, bent out of shape and thrown like darts into the wall, later, he turned the key. The ignition sputtered a bit, but it finally turned over. He decided to do a few donuts in the parking lot. Quitting while he was ahead, he killed the engine and heard Gearbox crackling again. “That damn thing’s been sitting there twenty years. It’s yours if you want but I’d personally drive it down to the dump.” He unclipped the keys from his belt and tossed the hefty ring to him. “Shop is yours. Now, If you’ll excuse me, I hear my 401k calling.”

Well. That was easy.

Sweetie had finally graduated and moved in with him for six months now. Scooter’s resolve only strengthened. Scooter was nearing twenty-five in a few months. He had read you should live with your significant other for a while before you propose. Life had pulled them elsewhere for the nine plus years of their relationship. And now his songbird had come home to nest. It was a lovely spring day. Scooter took every Saturday off so he could rest. Really he needed about three days but that doesn’t fill the coffers. They went on a date to a secluded spot not far from the house where Scooter found a spring and had a picnic.

“So, do you like the town?”

“What would you do if I said no?”

“Pack up and move until you’re happy.”

Sweetie giggled. “I love it here. Everyone treats us like neighbors they’ve known all their life.”

“Weird, isn’t it?”

“The best kind. Kinda like you.” Sweetie pinched her boyfriend’s cheek.

“Hey, how am I weird?”

“Because after all these years, and all those times we talked and cried, I still can’t figure you out. But I love you for it.”

Dinner was interrupted by a bodacious fox that decided to steal the whole damn basket. Scooter chased it down to the river which wasn’t far off. He could step across the water easily, but what was the point? She had a much better idea anyway. Sweetie followed close behind. “Well, it was fun while it lasted.” She said, out of breath. Scooter was panting as well, but he wasn’t winded. “I… I gotta take a knee.” Scooter kneeled, facing Sweetie. The woman with the bouncy curls cocked her head. Scooter tried his best to keep from grinning.

“That fox may have stolen our lunch, but a songbird stole my heart. Scooter reached into his back pocket and pulled out a black velvet box. “Sweetie Belle, would you do me the honor of marrying me?” Sweetie sniffled, trying her best not to cry. She failed.

“Of course. Yes, yes yes.” Scooter put the cheap ring on her finger, and Sweetie Belle sealed it with a kiss. They lost themselves in the other’s embrace. Before they knew it they were both making sweet, delicate love on the muddy ground. They got dressed, not that it did much good, covered in mud. The couple held hands as they walked toward the sunset. Roads of life take many forks, but now, they would share them, as a couple.

“Hey, wait a second.” Sweetie said, stopping along the path. “I practically handed you a great proposal line about how much of a mystery you are, and you could have said something about how mysterious I am. But no. You go for the corniest line possible. ‘A fox stole dinner, a songbird stole my heart?’ Really?”

“Just another mystery of me, isn’t it?” Scooter quickly kissed his fiance’s cheek.

Author's Note:

ROLL CREDITS
I'M DONE.
STORIES HAVE A WAY OF GETTING AWAY FROM ME.
THIS WENT ON WAY LONGER THAN I PLANNED BUT I'M HAPPY WITH IT.

Comments ( 14 )

Nice wrap-up. Glad to see it all working out in the end, more or less. And yeah, Scoots, that proposal line was kinda flat.

7215623
That's the plan. :twilightsmile:

7255937
I've never particularly liked her and you'll find out later in the story iirc. It's kind of a pacing problem. :applejackunsure:

Take Rainbow falls for example as a reason to hate her. Wonderbolt Acadamy as well. :twilightoops: There's also a Scootaloo-orphan fic (Which would take too long to find right now... or ever...) where Scootaloo's friend at the orphanage was Spitfire's daughter so she could "follow her dreams." Left a bad taste in my mouth ever since. :trixieshiftright:

7264033
I honestly sort of did the bare minimum of research. Now, to defend myself, I'm basically using their... our... whatever... own terms. transgender is the identity, meaning you look and feel like the opposite gender. transsexual refers to a sex change, since they (we...) define "biological sex" as organs. I'm probably wrong on that, but that's also what I roughly came across in my short research. :twilightblush:

I appreciate your perspective on this. Trust me, from my own experience, being gay doesn't automatically fill you with knowledge about LGBTIQWUDD<E issues. Even many gay men have a hard time thinking outside of the binary, which is an issue in itself. Not every gay character has to be perfect and educated. Or, strictly speaking, likeable. Mark was literally just a name I came up with on the fly, and he's just as confused as everyone else.

I mean, has anyone here attended highschool? During puberty? While being gay? Shit's hella confusing yo. :unsuresweetie:
Also I'm not saying this is a masterpiece of literature. I can recognise some of its flaws but have decided to leave it as is for now... mainly because I'd go crazy... again... trying to rewrite it.

So I just finished reading this story and thought I would just give a couple of my thoughts. First, I really enjoyed what I read for the most part. Though to be fair, it did quickly change from what I was expecting. I started reading this story just thinking I would be reading about how the human main six had set up a lgbt club and everything would just focus on them really coming to terms with themselves. Fortunately to my surprise, instead I got a deep and heart warming story about the crusaders figuring out who they are. I have recently been reading a lot of Scootadopt fics and was not expecting a story that warmed my heart so similarly.

The second thing I want to say is that while I can not really understand what any of the characters have been going through (I myself being straight and have never had a need to question it) still found myself rooting for Scootaloo the whole time. I have always been one for supporting equal rights and the thought that you should be able to be who you want to be.

Finally I wanted to mention that this story brought up a lot of memories and thoughts that I had long since put away. For starters, my school had a similar club (It was called the Gay Straight alliance). I was never allowed to join (My parents told me they would literally murder me. Not figuratively. They would have actually done it.) So some of my friends would think of my as an unofficial member. I would help out where I could and would always support them. I am actually still friends with a few of them and we have quickly created a nice little dynamic with each other. This also reminded me of all the times I would be accused of being gay myself. While I knew it wasn't true I also knew people would not stop. I was actually quite young when I learned to not care what anyone thought of me. Even to this day though (I am 23 but still single) Some people still bring it up. My mom and my brother and I were actually playing a game not too long ago (Red flags, great game. You have to try and make the perfect match for someone while someone tries to ruin it.) Long story short my mom was drinking and trying to come up with someone for me when she blurted out "Wait, is it a guy or a girl?" Needless to say this really hurt.

I have more stories I could share but I have a feeling no one is really going to want to read all of this anyways. To put my final thoughts on this story, I loved it. A little too much profanity at some points (then again I am a person who is strictly against censorship in anyway so who am I to say.) But I still enjoyed it. I wish it had more likes though. It definitely deserves them. :pinkiehappy:

7331566

Wow thank you. I might as well be honest, It started off as the six just starting the club. It was going to be on the lighter side (without, you know, suicide attempts etc.), but as I kept writing more scenes... this happened. And then it spiraled out of control, honestly. It kind of sprung from my dissatisfaction with many Scootadopt fics featuring abuse or orphanage. That's just not what happens. You don't get over it in a chapter (I'm sure you've read Three Gems and a Scooter, which handles this very well). But I also wanted to deal with sexuality and the high school experience many gay kids have, both in class and at home. We got a little crazy with the four way, but eeehhhh.

I appreciate your story. Scootaloo's closely mirrors mine in places. Except I've never had a harem. Woe is me. Her mother is based on what happened to me when I came out. My family isn't that bad but all of the reactions were poured into one person and turned up a bit. I'm sorry about your mother.

I'm going to be honest here. I didn't think of a "purpose" for this story, but the over all theme works. Even though life can suck at times and hurt like hell, Some people can make it worth living, and above all, be comfortable with who you are. So I hope my small collection of readers got that. :twilightsmile:

When I was a freshman I discovered the wonders of profanity sentence enhancers. I used them any time I could get away with it. It was new and vulgar and because it was vulgar it was fun. I've matured a little bit since then but I'm kind of a contrarian still. Sweetie hardly uses it because she's had some "dignity training" from her sister, but Apple Bloom and Scoots don't care as much, and they're a little rougher and more immature.

7331676 Its funny you mention three gems and a scooter, I just finished reading it so far. And I have to agree with you. Something like that should not just be taken care of in an instant. I actually have a story idea I plan on working on soon about Scootaloo being put up for adoption for different reasons (don't want to spoil it.)

As for my mom, she has kind of mellowed out a bit. Still very homophobic, (She just started a new job and was dumbstruck when one of the men she met was gay. She said he didn't act or look gay at all. :facehoof:) My dad is actually worse. Openly mocking people who are gay, among other things. I actually had to explain to a friend the reason why I didn't invite him to a party at my house. The last time I invited a friend to a party who was gay, he got verbally attacked by both my parents and my extended family. (One of my cusions actually came up to me and said "You know he is gay right?" and I responded that I did. Their next response. "Aren't you afraid he is going to rape you." Needless to say I was disgusted with them and associate as little as possible with those parts of my family.)

The "purpose" you have is also something I greatly agree with. While I don't know the hardships of being gay, I do understand being bullied. BADLY!! I had every name in the book thrown at me. I swear one time I had the book thrown at me. But to this day I don't let what people say actually bother me. I am who I am and no one can change that. They can try, but boy will they be unhappy. For my whole life my parents have tried to change me. "Don't stay inside all day" "Go out and play" "You cant make a living on the internet" It got really annoying really fast. Needless to say I won in the end. They wanted an athlete, instead they got an IT Tech.

And like I said. I am in place to try and censor. I have been known to curse as well. It just not my cup of tea when I see someone who I wouldn't expect to curse (or curse that much) Go off the handle like that. But this is your vision and I have no right to judge you. Again thanks for a great story.

Scooter looked at the Chevy Nova.


WAIT!!! What year?? 1962-1963? 1964-1965? 1966-1967? 1968-1972? 1973-1974? 1975-1977? 1978-1979?? 1981-1987?*


*the 1980's nova was a shit car. Basically it was just a rebadged Chevrolet Chevette.

7700020

I thought they were all shit.

7706585 I like them for the most part. Of course I grew up around American muscle my whole life so it came natural to me. Plus my cousin drives a 74 Nova that's pretty fast for what it is.:twilightsmile:

7916708
You aren't really interested in other people. So seeing two people kiss just doesn't process. She'd probably wonder why they did that.

Asexuality is an interesting... thing. You could repulsed, unless it's um... with yourself. You could just have no emotions attached to sex. (This is a teen story so I'm just going to say it in the story anyway)
I wish I had thought out some of the details of this story a little better, but in this case Rarity would probably be happy for her sister... from a distance. She doesn't particularly want to see it. That alone doesn't make her asexual, the lack of desire for anyone in a sexual manner does. And since she doesn't have any feelings of attraction, she can't really get what her sister is feeling.

Rarity occasionally reads romance novels because she thinks it's cute though. Romantic attraction can still exist.

Thank you for reading, I'm always surprised people keep reading it even after it's been finished.

8379170
I thought the same thing when I wrote it. It has a valuable philosophical question, but the song has sort of ruined it.
I thought "Should I change it? Nah."

8378971
This is something I could have done better. I don't particularly like how she's been portrayed in the show, but my hatred originally sprang from another fic I read (another scootaloo orphan story; I'm a sucker for them.) where she abandoned her foal to pursue her career. Now, really, this isn't a bad thing to do, but I was a little younger when I wrote this. This particular scene was poorly done, but it's too late to change now.

Login or register to comment