• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 1,874 Views, 73 Comments

Roads of Life - PonyWrites



High School is tough. It's even tougher if you're gay. Scootaloo is doing the best she can, but maybe the world has different ideas.

  • ...
28
 73
 1,874

Chapter 7 - Lover's quarrel.

Scootaloo woke up. Where the fuck was she? Why was her head hit by an anvil? Scootaloo opened her eyes and cleared the fog. An empty bottle of whiskey sat on the coffee table, the TV was still on, and Apple Bloom and Sweetie were tied up, asleep.

Oh fuck, that means yesterday actually happened. She heard something cooking. Her hangover overrode anything else. She couldn’t hardly think straight, but made her way to the kitchen. Applejack was cooking bacon and pancakes. The older girl sighed. “Must have been one hell of a day.” Her voice was quiet, worn down.

Scootaloo grunted in affirmation.

“We’ll talk about why you girls know where my liquor stash is later. I already made some coffee. There’s juice in the fridge too.” Scootaloo poured a cup of coffee and cut it with cream and sugar. She also poured a glass of orange juice. She had been hung over once before, and this combination seemed to help. She nursed the coffee at the table, wishing she were dead. It was a preferable alternative to this throbbing headache. Applejack sat a plate full of pancakes and bacon and eggs in front of her. She waited for Scootaloo to finish the meal, before sighing again. “What the flying hell is going on with you girls?”

“Well…”

Rain fell with passion, thunder roared as lightning lit up the night. Apple Bloom cried at the kitchen table. It was dark. The power tended to go out in a bad storm, at least on the farm. Why couldn’t things just work out for her, for once? What she wanted was dangling right in front of her. A purple haired tomboy by the name… Scootaloo.

The only thing worse than holding on to a fantasy, is knowing why they can’t happen. Every time she thought of that name, it was different. One time it was wrestling in the mud, then taking off their clothes and taking a shower… together. Other times it was just the act itself. Sometimes there was rope, sometimes cuddly and sweet, or rough and loud.

But there was only one reason Scootaloo wouldn’t do it. She was too loyal. Paradoxically, that made Apple Bloom want her to break up with Sweetie even more. Why was this eating at her so bad? Scootaloo was a good friend, Sweetie was too. She didn’t want to interfere, but she…

She did. But she wouldn’t. Perhaps that was the difference.

Apple Bloom considered the list of girls in school. Twist. Too nerdy. Diamond. Bitch. Gilda. Bitch. Everyone seemed to be a bitch. Hot bitches, sure. But Scootaloo was hot and not a bitch. Maybe she could just date boys until high school ended. But… why? Other than the fact it was really the only option.

Apple Bloom heard the chair across from her scrape against the floor. She looked up to see Big Mac with a sympathetic smile and a soda.

“What’s eatin’ ya?” He drawled.

“Well, you know how I said I had a crush on Scootaloo,” (Again, with the ropes,) “I know I should just get over it. She’s dating Sweetie and Scootaloo is so happy and they’re so… good to each other. But this feeling is tugging at my nape. I can’t describe it.”

“No other girls got ya?”

“Some are hot, but they’re… teenage girls.”

Big Mac nodded. “EEyup, s’why I’m still single.” Big Mac took a guzzle of his soda. “I never wanted to fool with it. There was one girl, but she was married before she even got her damn diploma.” Big Mac shook his head. “And perhaps I should get over it too. I should move on. But it’s harder than you think.”

“Well, I think it’s pretty damn hard.”

“Does Rumble know?”

“Yeah. He’s been understanding, and he’s a really great guy, but I…”

Big Mac nodded. “Want to try out the more delicate sex?”

“That’s the best way to put it, yeah. I think I love Scootaloo. She’s… Well, she’s her. And I care about her a lot, and well,”

“You’re a horny teenager. I’ve been there.”

Apple Bloom blushed but nodded. “But even more than that I don’t want to cause drama. I love my best friends but they’re… well, they’re just friends. But I want to… be more than that. So how can I do both? Is this what being an adult is?” Apple Bloom sank in her chair.

“Pretty much. Children do what they want, for themselves. Adults take others into consideration. And no, it never gets easier.”

“Damn. So what the hell do I do?”

Big Mac said nothing, and his expression did not change. Apple Bloom knew he was thinking about something. “What do you think about Sweetie?”

“She’s adorable and sweet and I hate her because she’s dating Scootaloo and I feel bad for thinking that and her skin is so soft and she smells nice. Scootaloo smells nice too, like clockwork. Her skin is rough and I think I like that too.”

Big Mac lifted a deep chuckle. “I’m going to confess my motives for giving you this advice. I think, if you do this, it will be interesting at least. And who knows, it may work. Chances are it won’t. You may end up hurting yourself more by the end of it, but there’s the tiniest possibility it will work.”

“Well what is it?”


Scootaloo had cooked dinner for Sweetie Belle at the Dash’s house. Everyone profusely complimented the chef. It had occurred to Scootaloo that nobody really knew anything about her girlfriend, and she wanted her makeshift family to get to know Scootaloo’s ray of sunshine. She was also delivering on the promise to actually cook for her, that she made a few weeks ago.

It had started to rain at some point, probably just before dessert. None had really noticed, they were too busy making jokes and embarrassing Scootaloo. For only being here a few weeks they did rather well, like they knew her all her life. She would rather have the embarrassment than even try to do this with her actual parents.

“Hey, Sweetie? Want to risk going home in this rain?” Scootaloo’s smirk gave away her intentions.

Thunder shook the house. “Um… I think I’ll pass. Let me call Rarity to let her know.” And so they cuddled on the couch and watched Daring Do and the Temple of Shia’Tan. Rainbow Dash decided to make hot chocolate and joined them. The couch got a little crowded after Rainbow’s parents finished cleaning and joined them. They never really planned to have so many people over at once. Sweetie decided to sit on Scootaloo’s lap. The day felt surprisingly warm and cozy.

It was still raining outside when it was time to go to bed. It had calmed down from the tempest it was earlier, but fast, heavy drops still fell. Scootaloo kissed her girlfriend, enjoying the apricot toothpaste. “Hope Bloom’s OK. She said the power went out and her phone was nearly dead.”

There she was, thinking about Apple Bloom again. What was so special about her? “She’ll be alright. She’s a tough girl. Just like you…” Sweetie hid her frown by kissing Scootaloo’s neck, causing her to moan.

“Mmm. I dunno, I’m kinda tired, rain always makes me sleepy.” Sweetie shoved her on the bed.

“Well, let me see if I can change your mind.” Sweetie wiggled her hips, and began raising her skirt.

Suffice it to say the striptease did change Scootaloo’s mind. What changed Sweetie’s mind about staying is that Scootaloo muttered the wrong name. Sweetie quickly got dressed, shouting anything and everything she could think of. Scootaloo watched from the bed, completely taken aback. What was actually happening? The door slammed, and Scootaloo’s world crashed down. She cried into her hands.

Rainbow heard something going on in the other room that didn’t sound pleasurable. The door slamming was all she needed to confirm it. She debated if she should go check on her sister. Relationships are complicated, would it be right to interfere? Considering the wailing from the next room, she thought the answer was yes. She got up and gently tapped on the door. “Come in.” A ghost wailed. She opened the door slowly, remembering what happened last time, and looked the other direction. She turned her head to find Scootaloo wrapped in a comforter with red-rimmed eyes.

“What… just happened?”

“I wish I knew. I… we had just… obviously. Then she just got mad and left. I think… something about moaning the wrong name.”

Rainbow Dash collapsed to her knees in laughter. “Bwahaahahaha, that’s… that’s rich. Was it… was it me?” Rainbow collapsed further, onto the ground. Way to go, why not just tell her you want to bang her? You’ve just made it obvious enough!
In all fairness, I want to bang just about everyone.

“What? No, you sick fuck.” Although. No, shut up. “It was probably Apple Bloom, but I can’t even remember.” Rainbow kept laughing. And laughing. And laughing. Scootaloo contemplated strangling her. This wasn’t funny.

Apple Bloom opened the door? Who in their right mind would be out in this weather? “Sweetie? What’s wrong, did you… walk all the way here?”

Sweetie pounced with a roar, claws ready to dig into flesh.

“Stay away from my girlfriend!”

Scootaloo had gotten dressed, then landed a fist on the crown of her sister’s head. Rainbow shut up, her vision was swimming too fast. “I can smell your goddamn arousal! You fucking perv. I… Whatever. I’m going to Apple Bloom’s.” Scootaloo threw on a coat. “She’s probably the only one that doesn’t hate me right now. Or want to fuck me. Oh, the irony…” Scootaloo sighed and walked out.

It was rude to do this, but Scootaloo was finished. Done, fully cooked. She just wanted this day to be over. She opened the door to the Apple Estate without knocking. Scootaloo could only blink with her jaw on the floor at what she saw.

“Why are you two tied together?... and gagged?”

Granny Smith answered, “This is how I got Mac and Jack to stop fighting. “Granted, it’s a might bit excessive, but they were fighting like two ornery roosters. And I don’t tolerate the language they used in my house.”

“Where’s everyone else?”

“Mac and Jack are trying to sleep. They had to break these two up, and that weren’t no easy task. I think it has something to do with you.”

“I can imagine. Alright if I take it from here?”

Granny nodded, yawned and got up, “It’s past my bedtime. When you get old your joints don’t like to be awake round nine thirty.” She slowly went up the stairs.

Scootaloo sat on the couch and turned on the TV. To her relief, Family Man was on. Something mindless to take her mind off of everything. She looked over and saw her friends begging her with puppy dog eyes.

“No. I’ve fucking had it. You two want to fight, this is what you get. I can’t deal with either of you right now.” Thank God (If that rat-bastard exists) it was the weekend. Scootaloo knew where the Apples kept the spirits. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of (she checked the label) Wild Mustang. The price tag was still on it, and she didn’t feel bad about drinking what was left. It was quite a bit, probably a fourth of a bottle. She undid the cork and took a swig. It felt like fire on the way down, but had a nice flavor. Fuck everything.

Applejack’s expression did not change as Scootaloo finished the story.

“You know,” she said, “We have stronger stuff.” She sighed again. “That was a wild ride. Hell, Ida drained a whole jug of Granny’s Apple Polish. And we use that to clean the house.”

“Remarkably, nothing was my fault this time.”

“Feels good don’t it? Trust me, moaning other names happens. People can love more than one person.”

“Thanks for breakfast. Ugh, I don’t want to go home. My damn sister is a pervert.” Scootaloo groaned.

“I’m sorry, was that news? Rainbow’s horny all the time. Unfortunately I think you’re her type.”

“What’s her type?”

“Her reflection. You look a lot alike, act alike, and probably even think alike.”

“But why… How can she? Why… what. I’m just going to have to talk to her aren’t I?”

“Now you’re catching on.” Applejack smiled weakly. “Rainbow might want to sleep with the entire human race, but I know what she thinks of you. You’re her cool little sister. I also know that it’s eating her up inside, feeling the other way. Try to think of it from her perspective.”

“I’m going back to bed. My head still hurts and I might as well avoid my problems another few hours.”

“Go ahead and take Apple Bloom’s. She won’t mind.”

“You gonna untie them?”

“Nah, I think they need to marinate a little longer. After all, someone had to show you where I kept the booze.” Applejack smirked. Scootaloo went up stairs and collapsed on Apple Bloom’s bed.

Scootaloo woke up, fully recharged, but unwilling to face her problems. She didn’t want to talk to her friends. Frankly she wished she had a razor blade. But no. That was the old Scootaloo. This one would girl up and do it. She got up with a groan and went downstairs to the living room. Her friends were still tied up. Scootaloo crossed her arms and shook her head.

“OK, the way this is going to work, is I’m going to talk first, then I’ll remove the tape from your mouths, one at a time.” Scootaloo sighed. “Sweetie. It’s obvious you don’t trust either of us. And frankly that fucking blows. I love you, and I would never break your heart like that. No matter how hot our best friend is. Yeah, I moaned the wrong name. I’m sorry I’m a damn teenager that wants to lay anything, but you’re my...everything. I’ll admit I’ve had fantasies about a threesome, but I knew it couldn’t happen. Because I'm not that selfish. And you can’t trust either of us. That..." Scootaloo rubbed her forearm, "hurts… more than a razor blade.” She sniffed back tears. She was still too angry to cry.

“Apple Bloom… I'm sorry, I guess. You’re just caught in the middle of all of this. You’re my best friend and I love you too, but in a different way. I know you just want a lesbian experience, and you like me. Who doesn’t? I’m pretty fucking great. I really would. You’re my friend, and I love you, you’ve been so supportive during all this. Frankly, I’m just as confused about it as you are. I’m sure it’s tearing you up, but we’re both too loyal to do anything, wouldn’t you agree?”

Apple Bloom nodded and tears welled in her eyes. Scootaloo peeled the tape off of Sweetie quickly. “OW FUCK!” She yelled. “I’m… sorry. To both of you. Here we are, tied to each other, because we… I was fighting over our best friend. And we’re best friends. Well, we were at least. We shouldn’t be fighting. The truth is, I’ve had my own fantasies about Apple Bloom, so when I saw how close you were getting I turned into a jealous bitch. The worst part is, I’m not sure who I was more jealous of. So that’s why I didn’t trust either of you, because at times I couldn’t trust myself.”

“I’ll forgive you. Really. You let the worst thoughts take control, and I know what that’s like.” She removed Apple Bloom’s tape.

“Goddamn!” the farmer contorted her mouth to kind of scratch it. “I forgive you, Sweetie. I’ve been the jealous type with a few of my boyfriends. Poor things… Actually, this brings me to an interesting point. What if we just shared?”

“You mean like, polygamy?” Sweetie asked.

“Well yeah, I love you both, and apparently I look so fine I can drive a wedge in your relationship by doing nothing. And like ya said, we’re all friends, so why should we fight about the people we love, especially when they’re all the same people?”

“That’s… crazy enough it might work. I really do love you, Bloom,” Scootaloo said. “You’re hot and… honest, my best friend, and I like how you smell like apples in spring, and…” She blushed and stopped talking, her girlfriend was in the room. “If you needed anything I’d give it. And the same goes for Sweetie. Sometimes I wonder what you’re up to but don’t want to send a text, or just give you both a hug sometimes. I… I think we can share what Sweetie and I have with you. We’re all so close anyway. Better that than to fight.”

“I dunno about this…” Sweetie said. “I mean, I kinda want Scoots to myself, but… obviously that’s doing more harm than good. We’re friends. We really shouldn’t be fighting. I like you both, you’re both hot... Oh fine, I’ll give it a try.”

“Woo, yeah! I get a harem!” Scootaloo exclaimed. The three girls giggled like they were mad.

Applejack walked in, sipping a soda. “As sweet as that is, If y’all were thinking about doing anything today, or for the next hundred years or so, you can’t. Apple Bloom is grounded.”

“What did I do!?”

“Well, someone had to show Scootaloo where the booze was.”

“You’re underaged too!”

“Do as I say, not as I do.”

“Fucking hypocrite.” Apple Bloom sneered. “It was just last year anyway. Summer vacation, you were out doing something, Big Mac was on business in Upper Canterlot. We were bored and wanted to try it. It was my idea. I just suckered the other two into it.”

“It’s true.” Scootaloo shrugged. “I kinda liked it, and couldn’t remember anything afterward, so I thought it was just what I needed.”

“Again, I can’t even blame you.” Applejack nodded. “You’re still grounded for a week.” Applejack began walking out.

“So wait, you have no qualms with your sister having a polygamous relationship?” Sweetie asked.

Applejack merely shrugged. “I don’t get paid enough to care. Just don’t break her heart. That’s what I tell everyone.” Applejack continued walking.

“Oh, goodness, what about Rumble? I’ve only been dating him like a week! I’d feel terrible if I broke it off now.”

“Well, he’s kinda cute too. Why don’t we just bring him in while we’re at it?” Sweetie shrugged.

Scootaloo nodded. “I’m a bigger dyke than Justin Beiber and even I would do Rumble. That's why I dated him in the first place. He’s a really great guy. I don't think very many people would still talk to someone if they were just used as a cover."

“OK then, we’re settled. Now, could ya please UNTIE US? I’m starting to chafe.”


Rainbow Dash hadn’t slept. That wasn’t exactly anything new in her life, but perhaps the cause was. For once in her existence she felt guilt. She had tossed and turned through the night, and instead of waking up rested, she was even more tired. She had done it now. She drove Scootaloo off. On top of that, her head was still tender.

Rainbow Dash deserved it. Scootaloo was supposed to feel safe here, but Rainbow had… well, been herself. Which apparently wasn’t any better than the girl’s parents. Rainbow cursed herself.

She tried reading a book to take her mind away from the situation but she couldn’t get into it. Those familiar voices were reminding her she had screwed up, big time. There was a knock at the door. Dread filled her stomach. “Come in.” The door opened; it was Scootaloo. She probably wanted to chew her out before she packed up and lived with… well, anyone else would be a good choice.

“We need to talk.”

“Obviously. I… No, there’s nothing I can say.”

Scootaloo sighed, crossed her arms and leaned on the doorway. “Let’s get this out of the way. Do you find me attractive?”

“Yes. But, you’re a teenager… You know what it’s like. My libido is so high I can touch the clouds! If it’s breathing and says ‘yes’, I’ll do it.” Rainbow palmed her eyes, trying to mask her shame.

“Is that the whole reason you took me in? To have a young body across the hall?”

“Absolutely not. I can’t just stand by if someone needs help. I… I want you to know I feel terrible every time I think about you… like that. I honestly think of you as my sister. It seems so wrong.”

“OK, I’m with you. You’ve always been my sister, and despite me being so butch that boys don’t believe me until I show them… not that that’s happened. And being soaked in hormones from puberty, I’ve never even thought about it. I do know what it’s like, I want to bang half of my class and half the sophomores. But what about all those times you ran around half-naked?”

“I’d never bait you into it. I wasn’t trying, I was just getting comfortable. If you want I’ll be fully clothed around the house.”

“Eh, I don’t care. Just promise me you can control yourself.”

“I promise. I don’t buy into all that ‘I couldn’t control myself’ shit. It’s your body and mind, not someone else’s. Of course there’s stuff like depression, but I’m pretty sure I’m of sound mind.”

Scootaloo looked at her arm and rubbed it gently. “Your right. Even I can do it… just don’t hurt yourself like I did.”

Rainbow blinked back tears. “I don’t need to. And you didn’t either.” She got up, tears slowly rolling down, and embraced Scootaloo in a hug, holding the young girls head into her shoulder. “I’m so, so sorry you ever felt unsafe here. Or anywhere else.”

“I trust you, sis.”

Rainbow had a heart attack. Well, that’s what it felt like. This was the girl that beat her up every time Rainbow screwed up. The cherry pie, not defending her at the book store. Each represented a betrayal of trust. She couldn’t trust anyone except herself and her girlfriend. That one word, trust, held so much value to Scootaloo, that she used it for her. It was an honor.

Oh wait. She relaxed her grip, but both were still crying. “Hey, did you sort out your relationship troubles?”

“Yeah. Sweetie was jealous of how close Apple Bloom and I were getting, with algebra tutoring and general mischief. Even she doesn’t know which one she was more jealous of. So we kinda agreed just to… share. Why fight about it, you know?”

Rainbow nodded and smiled ear to ear. “That’s adorable. Better to share than to let another woman come between you… especially when she’s one of your friends as well.”

“I don’t think Sweetie is too open to the idea. And Apple Bloom is grounded because I got drunk.”

“Eh. After yesterday I’d probably still be drunk. Polygamous relationships are more complicated, but… I can’t believe I’m going to say this. Talk about your feelings, and you should be fine.”