• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 3,909 Views, 673 Comments

Maybe I'm Dreaming - Night Flight



How do you feel when someone tell you you should get married with someone you don't know? Maybe you get angry but Rainbow dash acts different. By the way this is Rainbow dash. She loves to be different...

  • ...
24
 673
 3,909

CH 19-The most boring day of my life

Soarin’s P.O.V.

“Soarin…” was all my whole life said after she rushed into my arms.

Only god knew how much I was worried about her. After I knew that she hadn’t come back home since when she visited her friends, I had looked all over the Ponyville to find her but she was nowhere to be found.

And now… she was there.

I just couldn’t believe that, that little girl who was sobbing at my arms was my lovely Rainbow. It was as if with every single of her tears, somepony stabbed my heart with a dagger.

“Rainbow, everything’s OK… Look, I’m here. Please don’t cry,” I said as I caressed her mane softly.

“Soarin… where were you?” said Rainbow with a sad voice. Then she whispered, “I missed you.”

She said it very weakly but I heard her. I smiled and squeezed her tighter. “I missed you too. You have no idea how worried I was. I wanted to call police when you came.”

Suddenly she pulled back and frowned at me and started punching me with her hooves. “Where were you? I went to Wonderbolts headquarters to look after you but what did I found? You lied to me! You told me you have a trick to practice for but you lied! Where were you?” and she continued punching me. I smile at the thought of her being worried about me. I grabbed her arms to stop her from punching me.

* * * * *

Rainbow’s P.O.V.

Soarin grabbed my arms to stop me from punching him. Although I didn’t punch he too hard but he deserved it! I was almost dying from being so worried about him and what was he doing? Who knows!

He smiled and started explaining, “All of that time you were looking for me, I was right here waiting for you and by the way, I didn’t lie. We did have a trick to practice for so I didn’t lie.” Then he hugged me again and said, “How could I lie to you or leave you? I’ll never do so.”

I smiled as I rested my head at his chest and he continued caressing my mane. A great feeling shot through my body. I was sure I could never experience such a feeling again. This feeling only came to my body when I was with Soarin. Only he could give me such a feeling…only him… BUT HE STILL HAD A LOT TO EXPLAIN!

“Ahm… I really don’t wanna interrupt your… loving moment but Soarin would you tell me, WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU AND WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU DOING AND ALSO, WHY DID YOU LIE TO RAINBOW?!”

I grinned while I was at Soarin’s arms and thanked Spitfire at my mind. He did needed to be shouted at.

“Umm… I’ll explain,” said Soarin with an awkward. Great, it seemed the illness of awkward smile had affected him too! I just couldn’t understand why everyone were smiling awkwardly these days.

“How ‘bout explaining now mister?” said Spitfire with a frown.

“OK, OK, we’ll talk inside.”

Then they went inside to talk. I never found out what did they say to each other or… at least I didn’t find out that day but I did find something. After Soarin’s ‘explaining’ ended, Spitfire was as suspicious as my friends and Soarin and I…

I JUST WANTED TO KILL MYSELF!

And after that, my worst three days of life started. Three days without anypony to come and see me except from Soarin…

I really hated those days of my life but maybe they would be the best days of my life if I knew what is gonna happen to me very soon…

* * * * *

THREE DAYS LATER

I opened my eyes slowly. I didn’t want to get up so I wrap my blanket around my body and reach for my cellphone to see if anypony had send anything to me or not. Nothing… nopony even send me a simple message.

I don’t want to go anywhere. I just want to stay in my room all day and wrap the blanket around myself. I turn in my bed and think about past three days.

The best title for these days could only be the most boring days of my life but that day… that was just different. It was more boring than any other day of my life.

I was thinking about past three days when my phone rang. I quickly picked it up and looked at the name of the one that had called me. It was Rarity. I know! My friend will never forget me. I answered the phone happily.

“Hello, Rainbow, how are you? RAINBOW, HELP!” said Rarity very fast.

My eyes went wide. I was getting worried. “Hi, I’m fine, what’s going on?”

“Rainbow, Twilight just called me and said that we’re invited to a party that’s about Wonderbolts. Oh, Rainbow, I’m alone there and only Twilight is there. She wasn’t very sure about coming there or not. Please, please, please, help me. Come there with me so I can have confidence and don’t ruin everything!”

I rolled my eyes. I thought she had a super huge problem. I frowned and answered, “Rarity, how many times I came to these fancy ceremonies?”

“Rainbow… please… my dear friend who’s faster than any Wonderbolt before… please… It’s just a simple party about Wonderbolts… PLEEEEEEASE!”

I hold myself from laughing. “OK, OK, no need to beg! I’ll come.”

“Then I’ll be at your home in the afternoon to make you ready for par… ceremony!” said Rarity happily.

“OK. Bye.”

“Goodbye darling!”

I sighed. Even my friends had forget me but they had a good reason for it. They had a lot on their mind.

Although I didn’t want to move but I stood up anyway and walked to kitchen. My mom was home that day. She smiled as soon as she saw me. “Good morning Rainbow.”

“Morning,” I said impatiently.

My mom shook her head and went back to her working in the kitchen. I felt like tears filled my eyes. Well, I was a girl anyway. Why everypony had been so forgetful and careless?

I stood up and walked toward my room. I barely ate anything. Until afternoon I stayed in my room and stared at ceiling. My parents didn’t even come to check on me.

It was 2:00 P.M. that Rarity entered the house. At less than a minute, I changed my decision. I really didn’t want to go anywhere at the most boring day of my life.

My room opened and my mom and Rarity entered the room.

“Rainbow, your father and I are gonna go shopping so I left Rarity and you here,” said my mom.

“Fine mom.”

My mom went out of room and I turned my gaze toward Rarity who was looking at me with a frown. “What?”

“Why didn’t you do anything? You could at least take a shower before I came here.”

“Come on, Rares. I don’t wanna go.”

Rarity grabbed my hoof and pulled me toward bathroom. “You promised you’ll come and there’s no way back and if you think I’ll let you come to party with this dirty face, I have to say you’re wrong darling.” She through me at the bathroom and said, “Wash yourself good and don’t waste a lot of time.”

I frowned and poked my tongue out for her at the last minute she was closing bathroom’s door. Her gasp and shout, made me grin. I decided to waste A LOT of time now that I came to take a shower.

So I spend one hour and half taking shower but it did help my bad feeling. I felt a little, only a little, better.

When I got out of shower, nopony was in home but Rarity was sitting at my bed. She was with full makeup and tied up mane and she had worn a beautiful dress. When I arrived she was filing her hoof.

“Is it finally done?” she said indifferently.

“You’re not angry?”

Rarity looked at her hoof then stood up and placed the hoof file at the table and said, “Do you think why did I came here so early? I knew your shower takes at least two hours and in these hours, I prepared myself. Now it’s your turn. Let me make you beautiful.”

I stared at Rarity with wide eyes. No, it looked like she knows so much about me in these years we were friends. She led me to a chair she had brought from downstairs and made me sit there.

“What do you wanna do?”

“Shhh… don’t you think that I’ll let you go to such ceremony just like this.”

“But…” I shut my mouth as Rarity started her work on me. She was doing her work just like a professional fashionista which she was. During her ‘professional work’, she didn’t let me to look at myself even for a glance.

Finally, after 2 straight hours of making up and other stuff that I didn’t want to know about, I was ready… or at least my face and my mane was ready.

“Wow you look so special!” said Rarity with a big grin and starry eyes. I should have been very beautiful that Rarity was acting like this so I turned around to see myself but Rarity hold my chair in place and said, “No. Don’t you dare look at yourself.”

I groaned. “Isn’t done yet?”

“Not yet darling. For now, I want you to tell me, what’s your idea about this?”

I looked at the dress Rarity was holding with her magic. It was a very familiar dress to me. In the past three days, I’d saw that dress on Rarity’s boutique.

It was a very pretty dress though. It was magenta with a ribbon around its waist and a big, beautiful flower at the middle of its collar. It was true that it was a simple dress but it was very beautiful and it was its simple designing that made it special.

“It’s beautiful. I bet it looks great on you.”

Rarity giggled. “Oh, no. This is for you, you silly!”

“For… me?”

Rarity frowned. “I think you still didn’t take it serious. We want to go a ceremony. You just can’t go there without anything on.”

“Fine, fine. So you want me to wear it?”

“No, I want you to sit and look at it! Of course I want you to wear it!”

“And did you think how? You just put a make up on my face and stuff. Don’t you think that they’ll all ruin once I wear that dress?”

“Oh darling, magic is for these times.” Then she caused me to wear the dress with her magic. After Rarity was done with dress she eyed me from bottom to top and grinned happily. “I think you should see yourself now!”

…OMG!

No… this wasn’t me. I was sure. That pretty girl that was looking at me with a surprised face wasn’t me. I was sure but then… why was SHE looking at me through the mirror?

‘Cause this is you idiot!’ said a voice from back of my mind.

My mane was straight but at the ending it was a bit wavy. A piece of wavy hair was covering my forehead. The rainbow colors on my mane made the hair style a lot more special.

The makeup on my face wasn’t too much. Just enough to give any stallion a good panic attack! The light magenta shadow and blush had a perfect harmony with my eyes and my dress.

And dress, it looked ten time better on my body. It was as if it was made just for me. I didn’t have anything to complain about:
Rainbow's birthday dress
Rarity had done her best and also considered my dislikes too. Fortunately there was no lipstick and my eyes didn’t have a lot of mascara on it. Also the dress I was wearing was simple and beautiful. Just the way I loved.

I barely recognized myself and shamefully, I had to admit, I had never seen myself this beautiful before! I smiled at myself in the mirror.

Then a thought sparkled at my head. Unfortunately I couldn’t do it. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought again.

‘I wish Soarin could see me like this too.’ I thought. I blushed as I thought deeper about it and I sighed as I imagined the things he would do and say if he see me like this.

‘He looks me with a blush and wide eyes and I giggle at his cute face. Then he smiles sheepishly and looks me in the eyes. I look at him with a blush too and he finally manages to form some words, “Wow Rainbow, you look very stunning tonight.” I blush more and step closer to him.

‘He looks at me with a unique smile that is less sheepish. “As stunning as you always are.” And he takes a step closer to me. Then I look at him with my red face and whisper, “Oh Soarin…” as I take another step closer to him.

‘He places his hoof on my cheek and whispers, “Did you know that you’re so beautiful when you blush?” I blush more but I keep staring at him. Now there are only few inches between us.

‘Soarin caresses my cheek as he leans in and again whispers, “You’re the most beautiful mare in the world.” He leans closer. I do the same…’

“RAINBOW DASH!” Rarity’s shouting made me realize that all of these were just a daydream. I turned around to see an angry Rarity but instead I saw her while she was grinning even more. She winked and said, “I guess you were about to kiss him right?”

I frowned and said, “This is none of your business!”

That only made Rarity’s giggle louder than what it already was. “I was telling you that Twilight’s here and we should get going soon.”

“Hey!” I looked at the direction of sound to find Twilight grinning at me and trying to not giggle. “Rarity wasn’t lying when she said that you really love Soarin!”

I glared at Rarity and yelled, “RARITY, I TRUSTED YOU!”

Twilight didn’t hold herself anymore and burst in a fit of giggles. “Darling, I never said that to anypony!” said Rarity with a huge grin.

“Then how does Twilight know it?” I said angrily.

Twilight’s giggles got louder but she managed to say, “You just say it now!”

I blushed as I found out the fact but I certainly wasn’t going to lose it this soon so I whispered, “Whatever.” It only made Rarity and Twilight giggle louder. I huffed. “Can you please say that what are we waiting for?”

“Oh, we’re waiting for your love!” said Rarity with a wink.

“Soarin? Why him?”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Rainbow, think a little. We’re going to a Wonderbolt ceremony and he’s a Wonderbolt.”

“By the way, we need some stallion to escort us there too!” said Rarity with a wink.

“Fine, whatever.” I said with a flat face as I crossed my arms and sat at the chair again.

* * * * *

Ten minutes later, we were all heading to Sugar cube to meet Soarin there. I just didn’t know why would he be at Sugar cube corner but I just let it pass and followed my friends as they smiled and winked at each other suspiciously.

I let it pass too. I wasn’t really in mood for these things. If I didn’t have to, I wouldn’t go to this party/ceremony or whatever it was.

But it was too late for going back cause when I looked around closely, we were standing in front of the Sugar cube corner.

“Here we are! Let’s go in!” said Twilight fast before Rarity and she were gone in a blink.

I sighed and trotted toward the bakery’s door. Even something was off about bakery too. It normally wasn’t closed at this time of evening but at that moment all of the lights there were off and the building was awfully quiet.

I let it pass too. I let everything pass. What was important when nopony remembered me? Nothing was important. Nothing.

I opened the door of bakery and entered. “Girls? Where are you? Soarin?”

I tried to look through the dark room and find the light button. It wasn’t far from me so I turned the light on quickly and as soon as light was poured into the room…

“SURPRISE!” Some ponies shouted while a big amount of confetti fell down from above me.

My eyes, that were wide open, saw Soarin who was looking at me with a huge grin. “Surprise! Oh, and also, happy birthday Rainbow!"

Author's Note:

So... here's the new chapter after 10 days or something.
And I understand your feeling when you were reading a certain part:rainbowlaugh::

‘He looks me with a blush and wide eyes and I giggle at his cute face. Then he smiles sheepishly and looks me in the eyes. I look at him with a blush too and he finally manages to form some words, “Wow Rainbow, you look very stunning tonight.” I blush more and step closer to him.

‘He looks at me with a unique smile that is less sheepish. “As stunning as you always are.” And he takes a step closer to me. Then I look at him with my red face and whisper, “Oh Soarin…” as I take another step closer to him.

‘He places his hoof on my cheek and whispers, “Did you know that you’re so beautiful when you blush?” I blush more but I keep staring at him. Now there are only few inches between us.

‘Soarin caresses my cheek as he leans in and again whispers, “You’re the most beautiful mare in the world.” He leans closer. I do the same…’

:rainbowlaugh: I completely understand if you're disappointed and want to kill Rarity and I but you can't.:derpytongue2:
However, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.:twilightsmile: