• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 3,901 Views, 673 Comments

Maybe I'm Dreaming - Night Flight



How do you feel when someone tell you you should get married with someone you don't know? Maybe you get angry but Rainbow dash acts different. By the way this is Rainbow dash. She loves to be different...

  • ...
24
 673
 3,901

CH 14-Welcome back party

Like most of other parties Pinkie threw, this one was at Sugar cube corner. And like other parties, half of the Ponyville along with Soarin’s teammates were invited. For Pinkie, it took only 5 minutes to insert decorations and pull a big cake out of the oven. Cake had a text that said “Welcome back!”

When I asked her how, her answer was a simple explain about how her Pinkie sense told her about Soarin’s sister and she made everything ready before she got to my house. And like other times, although I never understood, I just shrugged and went away.

After my quick talk, I saw Gummy hiding herself behind her mother’s hoof. I walked up to her. She had to meet Pinkie and Gummy.

“Gummy, do you want to meet my friend?” She looked at me and nodded. We walked toward where Pinkie was making cupcakes.

“Pinkie, this is Cloud Gum. Cloud Gum, this is Pinkie Pie, my friend.”

Pinkie looked at Gummy and gasped then she grinned. “Oh my gosh! A little filly! How are you?”

Gummy smiled. “I’m good. Rainbow said you have a pet named Gummy! Like me!”

I smiled. It was great that she still remembered our conversation about Pinkie. “So you’re Gummy? Then come with me. I’ll show you Gummy, Gummy!”

Pinkie led Gummy upstairs. I went away. She would be fine with Pinkie. And I was right. After some minutes, voice of their laughter could be heard even from downstairs.

When they went back, Gummy was resting in Cloud Gum’s arms. Also, when they went back, Soarin’s friends were there and he was telling Hurricane about the great night at amusement park and Hurricane was listening with a frown. He really missed a great time.

“OK, everypony…LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!” Pinkie announced happily.

She nodded to DJ Pon3 and she started a song. Fleetfoot cheered happily and went to dance floor before anypony could even get close to it. Beside dance floor Spitfire was facehoofed and was muttering something under her breath. “I just don’t know why I chose you as my best friend!” It was all I get from her, mumbling.

“Hey, Rainbow ya don’t want to dance?” asked Applejack as she trotted past me.

“Not now. Maybe later!” I said.

“If you’re waiting for your love to come here, I have to say you have to go over there darling!” said Rarity with a giggle.

I rolled my eyes. “He’s not my love! He’s just a stallion who’s gonna marry me.”

“By the way, don’t you think he is so handsome?” said Rarity with a dreamy tone.

I glanced at her. “Yeah, he is. And I already know.”

I pretended that I was looking forward but I could swear I saw Rarity smirking and whispering something under her breath. Something like, “Still no. But we’ll see Rainbow!”

I didn’t know what she meant but I was sure it wasn’t like she was jealous and wanted Soarin for herself. If there was anything, it had gone at first night, in restaurant.

Who cared about that? Well, if I did, then I would be luckier in the future… but although I didn’t pay attention to it, I was lucky in future but if I did, it was much better.

However, after Rarity gone away to see if she can capture Soarin’s brother’s attention, I looked at dance floor. A lot of ponies were dancing happily. On the other side, some ponies were grabbing some things to eat. And at door, Pinkie was welcoming some new guests.

Not far away from me, Soarin was talking to his sister. I really liked to go with them and talk but I had to leave those sister and brother to talk freely. They hadn’t see each other for 7 years. Fortunately, my friends were there and I could talk to them.

Who did I have to start with? Oh, maybe Twilight. I heard a new Daring Do book was released. Twilight would have that. And luckily, right at that moment I saw annoyed Spike walking past me.

“Hey Spike. Have you see Twilight around?” I asked the baby dragon.

He frowned. “She’s busy talking to her ‘love’”

I raised an eyebrow. “Huh?”

He pointed to one of tables. I looked and see my egghead friend talking to a stallion. He seemed to be a royal guard. Where did he come from anyway? Wait, that wasn’t important. Wasn’t Twilight’s brother captain of guards? Then she would be did. Not only her, but also poor boy too!

But except from that, they really looked great together. At least one thing was crystal clear. Twilight was busy tonight.

I looked around to see my other friends. Rarity was doing her best to capture Soarin’s brother’s attention and he wasn’t even looking at her! Fluttershy was talking to Gummy. Both of them were smiling. Applejack was dancing at dance floor and Pinkie was helping DJ in songs. And I, was standing alone, don’t know what to do.

“Hey Rainbow! Come here with us!” called Cloudy who was still talking to Soarin. I quickly started trotting there. I hated standing in one place and doing nothing. Talking with them was really great. “You two really have to tell me about your engagement. I want to know everything!” said Cloudy as I stood beside Soarin.

“Where do I begin?” I said as I tapped my chin.

Cloudy smirked. “From the start without missing a word!”

“Thank you for giving me my own words!” I rolled my eyes then, I begin. “For me, everything started at a morning I was flying freely and somehow kill the time until I could to a nice picnic with my friends…”

* * * * *

“And it continued until today and now,” said Soarin as we completed the story.

“Wow. This is amazing!” said Cloudy who was silent till that moment.

“Well it wasn’t a long story but it continues,” I said.

“And from the way you two said it, it’s going well.”

“Yeah, I sure hope so!” said Soarin as he looked toward a group of friends who were looking directly at us.

“Fanfillies?” I asked.

“They look so,” mumbled Soarin under his breath. He chuckled and said, “The funny thing is that I’ve never talked to a girl except from my teammates. And now, I’m talking to two at once!”

“You know what? All we need now is two stallions coming and asking us for dance!” I said.

Soarin frowned. “Don’t plan on going away this easily cause I won’t let that baster get even close to you!”

I looked at him and flashed him a smile. “And who said I’m gonna go and dance with that stallion?” He smiled at me too. Right at that moment, Cloudy’s husband came over where we were standing and asked Cloudy for dance. They went away, to the dance floor. I looked at Soarin and said, “Do you want anything to eat? I can bring some for us.”

“Shouldn’t stallions do this?” said Soarin with a chuckle.

I shrugged. “From here, none of the things that happened to us was like a normal pony’s life! Let it be like the other,”

“Then I just want some cupcake. I really want to know what is Sugar cube corner’s famous cupcake that everypony talk about!”

I walked to the snack table. A lot of amazing treats and dishes were there. Pinkie had almost use all of the Sugar cube corner to make this party! I quickly grabbed two cupcakes and went back to the place Soarin and I were standing and… saw the most horrible scene in the world…

That group of fanfillies were all around Soarin. Even some of them were hugging Soarin. Soarin was looking at them with a frown and cold eyes but I still felt like he cheated on me. No…I felt like… like…those girls stole him from me. I just didn’t want to see them around him. I didn’t know why, I just… didn’t want to see them.

It was good that I didn’t drop the tray. And…I couldn’t believe it! But…yeah, I felt like…like…I wanted to cry! No. Rainbow Dash never cries. NEVER EVER! But then why I was seeing around behind a fabric of mist? Was he really that important? Of course he was! At this week I’d know him enough to like him like a good friend. But what should I do?

Right at that moment, I saw Soarin who had notice me. I looked at him then dropped my head and looked at my hooves. After some seconds, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around me.

I already knew who was it so I let the owner to hug me tightly. Just like when we were at home, a huge wave of relaxation washed over me. I accepted it and let my mind and body get relaxed and calm.

“You have no idea how much I hate those fanfillies!” whispered Soarin before any word could escape my mouth. He grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes. “Do you like acting?”

I winked at him. “If it’s for a group of idiot girls, I love it!”

“Then let’s show them that I’m taken!”

I giggled. “Yeah! Let’s go!”

We walked toward the snack table and grabbed some other cupcake cause the ones I brought had fell on the ground. For all the way to snack table, Soarin’s wing was around me and my head was on his shoulder and I was smiling happily. Like other times in his embrace, I felt protected and safe as well as the great feeling of relaxation. I wouldn’t change these feelings to world.

For the rest of the party, Soarin and I were talking and laughing. Across from us, those girls were sighing and frowning at me. Like last time, I didn’t pay attention to them and even poked my tongue out for some of them when Soarin was looking away!

I looked at a clock on the wall. 7:00 p.m. We were still standing but where out of subjects for a conversation. Music was still on and ponies were still dancing. I even saw Twilight and her new coltfriend on the floor!

Maybe I wasn’t in mood for dancing before but at that moment I really wanted to go and dance. But of course not alone. I really loved Soarin ask me to dance or could come and dance with me. I could ask him by myself too. Yeah! That was the right thing to do!

“Hey, you two are still standing?” asked Cloudy.

“Well, what else should we do?” I asked.

“You mean you don’t wanna go and dance a bit?”

“Well…”

“No excuse. Wait here for a sec. I’ll be back soon.” Then she walked to DJ stand and whispered something to DJ. She listened closely and then nodded and smiled. After that, Cloudy, came back to us. “OK, you go on the floor or I push you?” We didn’t answer or move. “OK! That’s it!”

“No! Cloudy…wait…” said Soarin but it was too late because she was already pushing us to the dance floor.

She let us go at middle of dance floor and nodded to DJ. DJ nodded back and played a new song. Everypony cheered as they heard the song.

“Guess we have to dance?” asked Soarin.

“Doesn’t matter to me!”

“Me either!”

We started to dance with the songs bit. And song played on:

We were at middle of dance when suddenly song’s rhythm slowed a bit and I danced perfectly with it. I don’t want to say I’m a good dancer but I said it from Soarin’s wide eyes and his smile after I was done.

The song was amazing and it had a bit of our story on it. We had only met a week ago but we were trying to pretend like we’ve been in love for a long time. I really had to thank Cloudy for pushing us on the floor.

At the end of the song Soarin was as happy as me. “How ‘bout another round?” I asked Soarin.

He winked at me. “Sure.”

* * * * *

“Hey Rarity, are you free for a little talk?” I asked the fashion designer.

“Oh, of course darling! Can I help you? Any love problem?” Rarity said eagerly.

“I… guess so.”

She gasped. “Then say it! I want to hear it soon. Talk! Talk!”

“Well these days, especially today, I feel a bit… strange.”

“And what kind of strange?”

“Like I blush too much these days. Especially in front of Soarin. And… this recently I want to spend more time with him. As much as I can. If I don’t hear his voice all the time, I feel bad. And… every night I can’t sleep until I think of him.”

Rarity who was looking me with sparkly eyes, gasped again. “Anymore sign. Like…feeling happy when he’s around?”

“Yeah. I do feel happy whenever I see him.”

“Do you think about him all the time?”

“Not all the time. Just when my mind is free of things and when I go to sleep.” Then I looked at her Rarity and started begging. “Rarity please help me. I know something’s wrong with me. I don’t care what is that just tell me!” Rarity tapped her chin and I waited without anymore patience to know what the hell is wrong with me! “Rarity tell me what’s wrong with me. I’m so worried of myself!”

“Darling, there’s nothing wrong with you unless…” said Rarity with a big grin. “Unless you FINALLY have a little crush on your fiancé!”

My mouth hung open. A… crush?! The thing I never experienced. And at that moment… my love expert friend was telling me that I have a crush on Soarin. “What should I do now?”

“Just try to keep it going but don’t tell it to him. I’ll tell you when to. Just wait,” said Rarity with visible happiness in her voice.

“OK, but you have Pinkie promise me that you won’t tell this to anypony. OK Rarity?” she rolled her eyes as she did the familiar motions. I nodded as she did the motions.

“If you don’t have anything more, I have to go.”

“Wait Rarity. One more thing,” I said as a thought about Rarity entered my head.

“Yes darling?”

I looked around to see if anyone was listening. “Um… Rarity, you still have any feelings for Soarin?”

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “Why are you asking me this?”

“Cause you told me about how handsome Soarin is and stuff.”

All Rarity did was smirking and muttering, “You’ll see Rainbow Dash! Just wait!” then she smiled like nothing had happened. “I have to go darling. Have a good time!” and she trotted away with a wink at me.

And I was frozen there thinking about the conversation Rarity and I just had.

First, why should she acting this strange? Did she really have feeling for Soarin? If yes, then she was going to a total wrong way. And if no, then why was she acting strange like this? But the sparkle in her eyes when I was telling her about my feelings showed me that she couldn’t have any feeling for Soarin. But then… well, it was a big mystery. Maybe for later. At that time only one thing was important…

MY CRUSH!

I. JUST. COULDN’T. BELIEVE. IT! Who thought RAINBOW DASH would have a CRUSH? And not on anypony. On SOARIN the WONDERBOLT! Her own FIANCE!

This was just unbelievable. I never thought this would happen this fast. But I was sure, from now until, I don’t know when, I would look at him another way. The good thing was that I finally understood why those hugs felt so amazing!

I smiled at thought of Soarin and his hugs. I’d just felt it few times but it was enough for me to love it.

“LOOK! IT’S SOARIN!” I heard one of fans screamed. OH NO! You don’t dare getting close to my fiancé and my crush! I giggled as I flew fast toward Soarin.

I frowned at the filly who screamed. “You don’t dare even get close to him!”

That poor filly walked away with a pair of wide eyes. Soarin and I chuckled. We had a long night ahead of us. My crush and I…

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Did you enjoy this long chapter? It had been the longest from here but there are longer chapters ahead too. But one important thing...
1D fans, CLAAAAAAAP!:raritystarry::pinkiehappy:
And also, Did you expect the worse?:raritywink:
Guess you guys now have a good reason to ask about next chapter.:pinkiehappy::raritywink: