• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 3,899 Views, 673 Comments

Maybe I'm Dreaming - Night Flight



How do you feel when someone tell you you should get married with someone you don't know? Maybe you get angry but Rainbow dash acts different. By the way this is Rainbow dash. She loves to be different...

  • ...
24
 673
 3,899

CH 6-The date

Soarin pulled the chair out for me and I sat. We were having our first date. Our first date ever. And when? After we were engaged. It was so ridiculous and crazy but that was how it went.

At least we could pretend that we just met each other and then he asked me out on a date. That was crazy too but it was better than nothing.

“Sooo, we’re now on a date,” said Soarin.

“Yeah…” I didn’t know what to say. It was some kind of awkward. Fortunately Soarin saved me.

“I’ve never thought that I may go on date with a mare.” Soarin sighed.

“Why?” I asked but I already knew the answer.

“Because I hate all of the mares. Well that changed today,” he said with a smile. “I mean you’re not like the other mares. I always thought that mares are those fanfillies and there’s no other kind of mares. But you were…different.”

“Well I think we’re the same in this one,” I said. “I always hated stallions because I thought that all of stallions are just waiting for the time I say ‘hi’ to them and then they quickly ask me out on a date. But you…weren’t like them. You tried to be a friend and then asked me out. I’ve never thought somepony do this.”

That speech was…something. I just don’t know why I was so sappy lately. The more I thought, more I figured out that how weird I was today. What got into me? Scared of high speed, acting like little filly, talking so sappy and a lot more. And most important I did all of them in front of Soarin, my favorite Wonderbolt. What a shame…

“Well thanks,” said Soarin.

“Thank YOU,” I said.

“Ma’am, sir, what can I get for you?” said a waiter.

I looked at the menu. Lots of delicious foods were there. It was a little hard for me to choose but not as hard as deciding to get marry or not!

Finally I chose my favorite food. “I’ll have a pizza.”

“Is this all?” asked waiter.

“Yes.”

“And you sir?”

“I’ll have the same and an apple pie for dessert,” said Soarin.

“You’re order will be ready as soon as possible.” We nodded and said a simple ‘thank you’ for the waiter.
A feeling was telling me that my first date is gonna be a good one. Maybe even the best. Who knew what’s going to happen? Maybe something interesting happens…

* * *

My first date wasn’t as weird as I thought. It was just a night with my future husband. A night filled with fun, talking and talking and talking. At the end, I met real Soarin more.

He was a stallion who always wanted to be a wonderbolt and finally with his father’s training, her mother support, his brother’s encouragement and help in practicing tricks, he finally accepted into Wonderbolts. That was when he met his cousin. A cousin he never saw before because they’re family were living at the other side of Equestria. But after Soarin’s mother saw Spitfire, she quickly recognized her niece.

After years of practice, finally they accepted in lead squad and soon after it Spitfire became captain.

He’s story of life was so interesting but more than his life, his personality was interesting. He was very very fun and kind. One of his nicknames in the academy was Mr. Joke maker. Just like what Hurricane said. His another nickname was cucumber. They called him this because he was as cool and calm as a cucumber. He said that they say that even if he lose everything he has at once, he won’t be angry and will stay calm. He said they were right and when I asked him ‘Why?’ he just said,

“Because there’s a way for everything. I can easily get them back.”

These were just a little part of Soarin. For me, acting was more important than just saying it but I was sure I can figure him out immediately.

After an hour of talking, it was time to go. The night I spent with Soarin was very good. I didn’t want it to end. But it was late and it was time to go.

“Hey Rainbow, we forgot to talk about wedding day,” said Soarin.

“Soarin, can I tell you something about wedding day?”

“Yeah, go on.”

“Can you set the wedding day as late as you can?” I really hoped he say ‘OK’. “Because…”

“Because you want to know me more. I understand. I had the same plan,” said Soarin with a smile. “I think we tell our family too.”

“OK. And thanks Soarin. Thanks for understanding me.” I said with a grateful look.

“You’re welcome. By the way, I guess it’s time to go,” said Soarin.

“Yeah. Thanks for tonight. Bye,” I said.

“Just one more thing. Be ready tomorrow morning. I have a surprise for you,” he said with a wink.

“What kind of surprise?” I asked.

“That kind which is about Wonderbolts.” He smiled at me.

“So it’s a Wonderbolt surprise.”

“Yeah.” We both laughed.

After the laughter died down I said, “So, goodbye then.”

Soarin nodded. “Yeah, goodbye.”

I started to walk to where my family and friends were waiting. I glanced back at Soarin for last time. He was walking toward his family too. A smile appeared at my lips instinctively. I didn’t care why I smiled but I remember this smile was on my face even when I reached to my friends.

“Hey look who’s here! Ms. I don’t wanna get married!” said Hurricane. With his statement everypony turned to me.

“Oh Rainbow! Have you had fun?” said my mother.

“Yeah. It was good,” I answered.

“How was that stallion?” asked Twilight.

“Great! He seemed really nice,” I said.

“And you better treat him great too!” said Rarity angrily. She had a big frown which was very scary. Even I scared.

“What happened to Rarity?” I whispered.

“She’s angry because she thinks that you stole his stallion,” whispered Fluttershy.

“Did she try his brother?” I whispered again.

“His already taken!” whisper-shouted Pinkie.

“Um, Rarity are you OK?” I knew it was the craziest question I’ve ever asked but it was a good way to start a conversation.

“What do you think Rainbow Dash? Do I look good? DO I?!” said Rarity angrily.

“You definitely not!” It was going to be hard cause Rarity was at a VERY bad mood. But I started and I should do it. “Did anything bad happened?”

“Anything bad? ANYTHING BAD? HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THIS?!” Rarity shouted. “Of course something bad happened. More awful than losing my last chance to grab a handsome stallion for myself.”

“Come on Rare. World hasn’t end yet and besides, it’s like he was the last handsome stallion in the world!” I said. “You can find plenty of them if you look.”

“I guess you’re right.” Rarity smiled as she stated. “By the way congratulations Rainbow.”

“Oh I almost forgot! Congratulations Rainbow!” said Twilight.

“Yeah, Twilight’s right. We all forgot to tell you this. And I think I speak for all of you when I say congratulations,” said Applejack.

“Thank you all.” I smiled at my friends. I really hoped that getting married don’t get in the way of our friendship. My friends really helped me for my decision.

“Rainbow, don’t you wanna come with us?” called my father.

“Comin’!” I said. Then I faced my friends and smiled at them. “I guess I have to go. Bye guys. See ya!”

“Bye!” my friends called.

I opened my wings and leave the ground beneath me. I didn’t care about my family. I just wanted to sleep as fast as I can and get up soon. I just couldn’t wait any longer to hang out with Soarin again.