• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 3,899 Views, 673 Comments

Maybe I'm Dreaming - Night Flight



How do you feel when someone tell you you should get married with someone you don't know? Maybe you get angry but Rainbow dash acts different. By the way this is Rainbow dash. She loves to be different...

  • ...
24
 673
 3,899

CH 30-The Bittersweet Last Week

Author's Note:

This chapter has literally NOTHING! But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't read it. Just nothing important happens here.
Somehow, I just updated this to say that I hadn't forget the story. I'll try to write more but that's all for now.
NOTE: Check bottom of my page if you want some spoilers about Maybe I'm Dreaming:pinkiehappy:

“You sure you wanna stay here honey?” asked my mom.

“For the millionth time, yes mom,” I said with a roll of eyes. My expression changed to happy one as I looked at Soarin. “Soarin can’t fly. He needs somepony to look after him.”

My mom looked at me with one of her special smiles. The kind of smiles that showed how proud she is. She hugged me tight and I returned her embrace. “I’m so happy that you finally found a stallion to love. See? It wasn’t as hard as you made it sound,” She whispered into my ear. “But be careful. I can’t help but feel that something isn’t right.”

“What is not right? Is everything OK?” I asked with a worried tone.

“Yes, yes, everything is perfect. But, it’s just that... With Soarin being a famous Wonderbolt and all, I can't help but get a little suspicious. I mean, from the beginning, I felt that everything is somehow... planned before. Not every day a celebrity proposes to a regular girl you know. AND, believe it or not, but the night his family and he came to our house, he seemed very eager to see you. Also, he seemed very determine about marrying you,” explained my mother.

Those… were certainly new. AND interesting. Was Soarin really excited to see me? Wow, but why? I mean, it wasn’t like we’ve been in a relationship before and planned this together. Soarin couldn’t have been in love for me before this…

Or was he? I mean… I searched almost everywhere to find that mare that Soarin used to love until he told me to stop doing so. All this time, I’ve been looking for another mare but I never thought that that mysterious mare could be me…

Nah.

That’s crazy. And impossible. Soarin couldn’t have seen me before. I hadn’t talk to him except for that time I asked him for autograph. But beside that, no. I’d never talked to him before we got engaged.

“Come on mom, it’s not suspicious. He’s a Wonderbolt because he’s Hurricane’s friend. By the way, Hurricane was the one who suggested Soarin to us. And the reason of his excitement was probably meeting such an awesome and cool girl,” I said with a confident smile.

My mom chuckled and kissed my forehead. “But I think that the reason of his excitement was that he couldn’t wait till he could see this beautiful angle.” I blushed. Not only because of what my mother said, but also because of the phrase. It was very familiar to me… well it made me feel MUCH better when Soarin said it. My mom's face went back to a serious one and she continued, “However, Soarin is still a stallion, just like other stallions. Be very careful Rainbow. I don't want any... extra pony to pop up."

Extra pony? Extra... pony... extra... EXTRA PONY! I quickly blushed the minute I understood the meaning behind what my mom said. "MOM! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF ME?" I shouted with an embarrassed tone.

"I know you honey, but I know stallions too!" said my mom quickly. "Ugh! Forget it. Just know that Rarity told me that your wedding dress would be ready tomorrow so she’ll come for last measurements. I’ll pack the items in your room and your father will take it here. We’ll see you later Rainbow. Take care of yourself and Soarin. Well… for now, bye honey,”

I smiled and hugged her tight. I’d definitely miss her a lot. “Bye mom,” I whispered.

"Bye my dear. Don't forget what I told you," said my mom as she shook her hoof to me and became a little dot in the horizon.

“I really like your mom and dad,” said a voice behind me.

“Ahhh!” I yelped in surprise.

“What?” asked Soarin with a raised eyebrow.

“Nothi- wait a second… how did you get here?” I asked with narrowed eyes.

“Well… I…” stuttered Soarin.

“Wait… you didn’t fly down here did you?” I asked with wide eyes.

“I… might?”

“Soarin, flying's not good for your wings. You should have stayed up there.” I said with crossed arms.

“But you never said so,” said Soarin with the same innocence as little colts.

I couldn't help but smile at his face. He grinned when he saw me smiling. I quickly frowned again at him cause he still had the guilt of flying. In return, he quickly lowered his head and put that innocent face again. This time, I rolled my eyes and giggled. He looked up and saw me giggling at him. He smiled and hugged me. “I wanna hug you forever when you giggle like that. You look really kind and cute with that smile,” said Soarin softly.

I giggled again and nuzzled him. And blush… well recently it was on my face each minute so it wasn’t anything new when I blushed. “Thanks,” I whispered.

“So… you’re gonna be the mare of the house for this week right?” asked Soarin. I looked at him and nodded with a big grin. Even thinking of it made me excited. “Then what do we have for lunch mare of house?” asked Soarin with a smile.

“Takeout,” I said simply.

“What a lovely choice miss chef,” said Soarin sarcastically.

“Yes, of course. And don’t look at me that way. Blame your very full fridge. Seriously, all I found in that huge house was just some hot chocolate powder. I can make that if you want?”

“No, thanks. Takeout is fine with me," said Soarin with a chuckle. "Here, come after me.”

“Where?”

“Aren’t you feeling hungry?”

“Of course! I’m starving.”

“Then follow me.”

I ran after Soarin who was walking to somewhere I didn’t know. “Where are we going? Have you considered that you have to walk all the way to that place? Do you know that we’re out of town and it’ll take a long time to get into town right?”

Soarin chuckled. “One by one girl. First, we’re going to a second date how about it? Second, yes of course I know that I have to walk all the way and third, it may look it’s long to you and other ponies but in fact…” said Soarin as he pushed a branch full of green leaves away from our view. “…I don’t think so.”

“Wha…” I stared at the scene before myself with wide eyes. But… that meant that from there, the way to Ponyville was only a five minute slow walk. “COME ON!” I shouted almost angrily.

“What’s wrong?” asked Soarin.

“You could have told me this sooner to me and I didn’t have to fly all that way to Twilight’s library,” I said as I crossed my arms and pouted.

Soarin laughed and put his arms around me. “Let’s get going lazy missy.”

I lightened up again and chuckled as I started to walk along him. “Umm… won’t you say no if I ask you a question?” I asked.

He stared at me with one of those strange looks and answered, “Ask as much as you can… but before you say anything, I won’t answer any question about that mysterious mare that had filled your mind.”

“No. My question is that… what was in that room that’s next to the room you… we were sleeping at?” I asked. “I don’t want to pry but I just saw you come out of that room last night and been wondering what’s there?”

“So you’re confessing that you were awake when I entered the room huh?” asked Soarin with a smirk.

“What? No, I was... I was… Okay, fine, I was. But I fell asleep when you slept next to me.”

“So… you didn’t hear anything, right?” said Soarin with a nervousness that suddenly appeared on his face.

“Hear anything? No, was there any sound?”

“Sound? No. Of course there wasn’t,” answered Soarin somewhat nervously.

“Okay…” I said with doubt. Something seemed wrong here but I just shrugged it off and let it go. “But don’t you think that I didn't realized you changed the subject. You still gotta answer me.”

Soarin chuckled. “Sorry but I can’t answer this one now but I promise I’ll tell you everything after we got married.”

“Pinkie promise?”

“What?”

“Nothing, forget it. But remember that you promised.”

“Yes ma’am!” said Soarin with a comical salute. We both chuckled and continued walking. For rest of the way, we talked about different things until I blinked and saw myself sitting on a table with Soarin.

“Wait… how did we get here?” I asked with a shocked expression.

“I guess you were so busy talking about your friends that you forgot when we got here,” said Soarin with a voice filled of laughter.

“Oh…” I said with an awkward smile. Few seconds passed with a silence that took over us but that was quickly broken when somepony said something.

“Heeeey! Look who’s here!” called a stallion as he walked up to our table. “Hey Soar!”

Soarin grinned as he saw the stallion. “Hey, Sparking Tail! Long time no see!”

“Says the stallion who became famous and forget about old friends,” said Sparking Tail as he stood beside our table. “Wait a second… I presume this lovely lady is just a friend of yours right?” he said with a hopeful voice as he noticed me sitting next to Soarin.

Soarin chuckled. “Sorry Spark. She’s taken.”

“HOPEFULLY, you’re not the one that had taken her.”

This time, Soarin’s chuckle turned to a laugh as he explained, “Actually, she’s my fiancée.”

Sparking Tail sighed sadly. “Yeah, I never get a good chance at romance. Anyways, don’t you want to introduce this lovely lady of yours to me?”

“Yeah, sure. This is Rainbow Dash, my fiancée. Rainbow, this is Sparking Tail, one of my best friends when I was a little colt,” said Soarin with a smile. "He works here as manager, chef and waiter."

"All three of them?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yep. Sometimes, I'm in mood of cooking so I cook. Sometimes I'm in mood of talking to others so I take the orders and whenever I wanna be alone, I play my role as manager," said Sparking Tail. I looked at the pony in front of me. He had a dark grin skin and flashy yellow mane. Very flashy… Nope. He more seemed like a goofball than a waiter, chef AND manager of a huge restaurant like this.

“However, I’ve seem to seen you with your teammates and Ms. Dash before.”

“Yep, you’re right. I was here with them to celebrate my engagement,” said Soarin to Sparking Tail. It was after I heard his statement that I looked up and finally realized where did Soarin took me. It was that famous restaurant that Rarity really loved. The one that I went to after I met Wonderbolts!

“Heh, I remember that night clearly. You guys really blown the place with your voice and I could do nothing but to play that song for you. But on the other hoof, that helped me a lot. I felt lonely that day so I stayed on my office almost all day but that song, literally made me grin from ear to ear,” said Sparking Tail with a chuckle. “Enough chatting, are you two ready to order?”

“Yep. I'll take the usual,” said Soarin seriously. Wow… he never said he came here regularly.

“And since when you have usual? It’s not like you come here often,” said Sparking with a flat face.

Soarin grinned and answered, “Well, that’s the point.” I giggled but all Sparking did was rolling his eyes. “However, I’ll take a pizza, a soda and apple pie!”

“And you ma’am?” asked Sparking Tail as he wrote Soarin’s order down.

“I’ll have the same.”

“Okay. Be ready soon!” said Sparking Tail as he walked away.

For some minutes, we went silent so I took some time to look at the decorations. Nope, it still looked like a place for teenagers rather than a fancy restaurant. Few minutes later, the food was on the table. Wow! quick. Soarin grinned as Sparking placed the pizza and soda on the table. He looked at me with that big grin and said, “Let’s dig in!”

And before waiting for my answer, he dug in… he literally dug in. I just smiled and shrugged before digging in. Literally…