• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 923 Views, 18 Comments

Lyra the Candy Thief - Lyrafan38



Lyra wants candy. But will she get it?

  • ...
0
 18
 923

But I Thought It Was Candy

Lyra took a very careful look around her. She was determined not to get caught this time, not to give herself away ever so easily, not to let BonBon know that she had made off with the candy again.
The mint green unicorn's target was a small bowl sitting in the kitchen, completely filled with BonBon's namesake. Lyra had managed to eat one of them before, and she instantly enjoyed the delicate treat as she slowly let the flavors simmer in her mouth. BonBon had a reputation of being one of the very best candy makers in Ponyville, only seconded to Sugarcube Corner.
And Lyra made sure that BonBon knew that she thought her treats were the best.
Lyra thought about just rushing into the kitchen, grabbing the bowl, and just cramming as many of the candies as she could fit inside her mouth. The only problem with that was that BonBon was in the kitchen, fixing up some new kind of dinner that the unicorn couldn't remember or that she didn't care. BonBon had made sure that Lyra was limited to one candy piece after dinner, because the earth pony had been looking into healthier alternatives to cook.

And BonBon had pretty good hearing. The last time Lyra tried to steal the candy, the earth pony had managed to detect Lyra's hoofsteps almost as quick as she was to hide the candy bowl before Lyra almost came sliding into the kitchen, determined to get her sacred prize.

The unicorn needed to be somewhat sneakier. BonBon must never find out.

Lyra tiphooved very carefully down the hallway, almost making no noise. If one single squeak from the floor got out, her mission would be over before it truly started.

She could hear BonBon humming the closer she got to her target. Cautiously, the unicorn tilted her head around the corner to see if BonBon was watching her. BonBon had her back turned as she chopped up a few carrots for the supper. She seemed so into her cooking that Lyra doubted she'd be able to hear her even if she went to a full gallop.
Lyra stole another glance at the treat bowl. It seemed to beckon at her, almost wanting to be devoured. A small mountain of bonbons waiting for anypony with a sweet tooth to eat them up. And Lyra would be their savior, answering their call to be transported to a new place, namely her stomach.

Stealthily, the unicorn crept along the floor to not bring attention to herself. Truth be told, if anypony was outside their house looking in, the sight of Lyra sneaking along the floor would earn a look of confusion. However, Lyra's attention was more focused on the earth pony and the chocolately treasure just silently waiting to be claimed.

It took a matter of a few seconds to cross the open space that, if BonBon turned around, she would have an unobscured view of Lyra trying to be a ninja, but to Lyra seconds felt like minutes, minutes like hours. It was crucial of her not to screw up. If she did, BonBon would ground her from the candy and taunt her by eating them. Again.

Lyra risked another glance at the treasure just sitting a few feet above her horn. Decadent chocolates almost crying out to her by this point, waiting for the god to reach out to save them. This steadied the unicorn's nerves. She could do this. She could get the candy. All she had to do was simply reach up with a spell and just gallop out of BonBon's line of sight to devour the small mountain she had acquired.

Just to be safe, Lyra twisted her head to look around at BonBon. She was completely oblivious to the fact that her namesake candies were about to disappear from right under her nose. For Lyra, it seemed that Celestia had given her a golden blessing. This was probably the easiest attempt of candy stealing she had ever done. All she had to do was grab and move.

Taking a very deep breath and holding it in, Lyra fired up a spell that surrounded the bowl in a golden aura and soon began galloping as fast as she could away from the kitchen.
-------

BonBon looked up from her cooking, a little startled by the sudden noise. She could have thought she heard Lyra. She trotted over to the counter to where she had first heard the noise. All that was left was one bowl filled to the top with a mound of candy.

Lyra had probably tried to steal the candy yet again.

BonBon inwardly smiled to herself. She had managed to trick the unicorn at her own game. And all she had done was one simple maneuver, one small act that would have amazed anypony. When Lyra wasn't looking, BonBon had placed the bowl of vegetables next to the candy bowl, predicting that was what Lyra was headed for. The candy bowl was pushed off to the side and in a little bit so that the vegetable bowl was perched in the exact location the candy bowl was. The other bowl was now safely hidden to a place where Lyra wouldn't see it at all.
-------

Safely hidden away, Lyra let out the breath she had been holding. Her mission was complete. She had liberated the entire bowl of candy straight from almost getting rid of. Speaking of which, Lyra magically set the bowl down and grabbed a piece of the bonbons. She opened her mouth wide as she brought the candy to her mouth.

And that's when she noticed something.

This "bonbon" was long, slender, and orange. She automatically recognized it as a carrot. Taking a glance at the rest of the bowl revealed a lot more vegetables and other healthy stuff.
Lyra facehoofed. She had grabbed the wrong bowl in her haste to collect the candy. Somehow, she had been beaten by BonBon yet again.
---------

If anypony was in the near vicinity of Lyra and BonBon's house, only one name could be heard throughout the area.

"BooooooonnnnnnBooooooonnnnnn!"

Author's Note:

Just some random idea I had. Also, this is my first attempt at a fanfic. Hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 18 )

Ha! Great story, have my thumbs-up :pinkiehappy::heart:

5802928
Thanks! I honestly really enjoyed writing this story.

5803057 Yeah, It was pretty funny :D

Gonna level with ya, I was expecting laxative. :twilightblush:

It was vegetables, I was expecting marijuana.

i've done a dramatic read on your fan- fic

i would have went with rocks painted chocolate color not veggies

Just some random idea I had. Also, this is my first attempt at a fanfic. Hope you enjoyed!

But... This is a sequel to something!

5978744
This was the first story that I ever wrote and published on this site. At the time of publication, I had no plans to work with the idea any more.
I ended up writing the prequel after reading it myself and wanting to create a story from Bon Bon's perspective of Lyra stealing her candy.
Hope this helps.

5950739

If you recall, Bon Bon mentioned in the previous fic that they were both going on a diet.

Hence, she's also tricking her into sticking to the diet.

7525684 ya ya but im not a healthy eater ok

7526627

Neither am I.

Honestly, I just thought rocks painted to look like chocolate seemed a bit too harsh for this story. Maybe a Warner Brothers cartoon, but not this story.

What kind of relationship do they have?

https://m.
Login or register to comment