• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 14,376 Views, 82 Comments

Dusk and Dawn - 2percent



Eternal night reigns as the Dawn Militia struggle to take back Equestria from Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
15
 82
 14,376

Teaser + Harmony

Deep under the castle, hidden within the caverns, was a room. The only feature on the four stone walls was a single metal door sealed with thick bars and magic runes. It was nearly pitch black, lit only by the subtle glow of precise circles and gemstones placed geometrically around the floor. Rune-inscribed chains stretched across it, wrapping around a peculiar statue, with one arm across its chest, another mismatched one outstretched, and its face frozen in jubilant laughter.


Over 2,500 views, along with another 5,000 on ff.net and who knows how many on Google Docs. 240 faves and 50 watchers here. Oh, you guys... *sniff*

But now, for business. If you haven't caught on yet, yes, I'm very much alive, and yes, I'm still writing! In fact, by the time I publish this, the sequel, titled Dusk and Dawn: Harmony, will have been published! (Whether or not it's publicly visible is another matter.) And it only took me over half a year! So you may mosey onto my profile and go there to see it.

Comments ( 28 )

It is...Discord :pinkiegasp:

OMFG! So many pony words! how am I suppose to read all this? Y U NO MAKE CHAPTERS?:twilightoops:

also, evil twilight?...
terrariaonline.com/attachments/1297985636183-jpg.6829/
How the hell did you turn her against her friends AND Celestia? guess I'll find out when I read it...

...and one hour later... UPDATE! :ajsmug::pinkiegasp::rainbowwild::raritystarry::twilightsmile::yay:

I can't wait for harmony to be up and able to read!

it is not up yet :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp:

So basically you made a story by stealing my name and making a plot off it? I'm only jokin' :P
But yeah, kind of a coincidence donchya think? Can you do me a favour and change the name? You don't have to, but I'm asking you nicely :twilightsmile:

Damn, I got my hopes up seeing an update to one of the most promising stories in my favorites. I feel let down.

694181 Dusk and Dawn was first posted like 6 months ago...

Is this really getting a sequel? One of my favorite stories of all time?

...

...cool.

I saw this pop up with a new chapter in my unread favorites list, and I just sort'a stared at it in confusion for a good two or three full minutes, trying to remember what this was from the short description and picture, trying to remember if this was a thing I've actually read at some point. Clearly it was, it had my favorite and was marked as read. And then... then I remembered it, remembered reading this so very long ago. And I saw the second chapter, despite being under two hundred words, was titled "Teaser"...

flixboy.com/Flixboy/Media/excited.gif

Also, I just checked this fic's statistics page for the hell of it, and noticed the top refferals to this story from google are from searches for "clop fic baby carrots".

Excuse me while I die of laughter.

694850 messed up the reply
AND FINALLY I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY AND WAS CONTENT TO LIVE WITHOUT IT BUT NOW I'M NOT

694181

Check the dates of the earlier comments :derpytongue2:

Rune-inscribed chains stretched across it, wrapping around a peculiar statue, with one arm across its chest, another mismatched one outstretched, and its face frozen in jubilant laughter.

It must be the author after trolling us with this STUPID DANG TEASER.
DAMN IT.

Yeah so I'm pretty sorry for acting like a douche, this story is really good, I just didn't check dates or anything :P

...But not on fimfiction...? :unsuresweetie::facehoof:

From now on words Dusk and Dawn will mean Ultimate Awesomeness to me :yay:

This is the bad part about reading fan fics... you find a really good one and then want to read the rest of the story to figure out how it ends.... only to find out that I have to wait for the writer to write the remains of the story! ...I know you have a life and want to give us something good to read... but... I WANT IT NOOW!
^.^

Epic one-shot and totally has all the elements I want in an evil Twilight fic, where she's evil but is also not... reminds me of another fanfic I read in fanfiction, have similarities to this but honestly I like this one better cause of overpowered Twilight (who doesn't :heart: that?) and so far haven't seen any hint of a grammatical error anywhere, just what I need on my books.

Hear you have a sequel, would keep watch on it but won't touch it till I see at least 3 chapters out (or complete tag, whichever is shorter). Keep up the amazing work :twilightsmile:

I didn't really read the story, mostly because its a very long story, but i must say,
THAT PICTURE IS FULL OF EPICNESS.
i must ask, where did you get it? or did you make it?

1036617

Oh, um... I forgot about that.:derpyderp1: I found it on ponychan a while back and never bothered to find its source. I know better now, and I have now googled it and put the source in the description.

1037455 So... When/where is part 2 getting published? :ajbemused:

Just read "Dusk and Dawn"... yeah, that's why I'm here. Funny, isn't it?

Anyway, I must say that I love the story. The only thing I do not quite like is Twilight's opinion in regards to Celestia. I understand that she may have some grudges, but she was the one who practically raised her, taught her everything she knows. She was a second mother to her.

Her hatred towards 'Tia is a bit exaggerated I think, but apart from that... amazing. As a few others mentioned, the idea of Twilight being evil, but not actually evil per se, is brilliant.

As long as the sequel is evil twilight, fine by me good sir/madam.

I WILL be reading the sequel to this.

You can bet your ass on that. AND You've a new follower.

~Skeeter The Lurker

This was fan-freaking-tastic. You have to make more.:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment