• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 1,465 Views, 14 Comments

The Social Bet - ShyBaldur



A bet between rivals Rainbow Dash and Applejack leads to unexpected results.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,465

The Party

Rainbow landed forcefully outside Sugarcube Corner and sent a few ponies stumbling awkwardly aside. A recent patron that barred her way into the shop dropped her paper grocer bag and nervously sidestepped out of the way. Just as Rainbow set a hoof on the front step, a flash of pink light blinded her. Once the spots cleared from her vision, she found Twilight scowling down at her.

"Rude!" Accused Twilight, her tail flicked irritably. Rainbow scoffed, but immediately backed down, she didn't need to waste time.

"Sorry, I just-" Rainbow attempted to slide past her, but Twilight shifted to continue blocking, "-Twi, I need to ask Pinks something, I think this party might be a really bad idea." Twilight huffed, but retreated into the store and let her pass.

"Talking Pinkie out of a party might be impossible, you know." Twilight advised as Rainbow entered the shop, finally. Mr. Cake was behind the counter taking orders, while Mrs. Cake's voice could be heard from the kitchen. No pink pony.

"Get the turnips ready," muttered Rainbow as she cut through the lineup at the till and headed upstairs.

"You still have to tell us that story,'' said Twilight as she followed.

Pinkie was in her loft making party preparations when Rainbow and Twilight found her. Colorful paper chains of every color drooped like a suspended spiderweb from the ceiling. Balloons with uplifting sayings like 'Feel Better Soon!' and 'Be Happy!' clumped together around the room. Pinkie herself was in the process of coloring a paper banner with paints and colored pencils. She greeted them warmly.

"Hey Pinkie," Rainbow replied quickly, "How come you're having a party for Applejack?"

"Well, I saw her this morning and she looked pretty blue, I mean she's actually orange, which is weird because there's no orange apples, but i guess she's part Orange, so an orange Apple isn't-''

"Pinkie!" Rainbow interrupted.

"Yes, Rainbow?"

"Applejack was sad, I get it, did she say why?"

"Nope! She said she was having an off day, so I didn't think anything of it, but then Applebloom came to see me a little while after and said something about Applejack not eating and avoiding her family and being a super-saddy-sad face since this morning and wanted me to throw her a party to cheer her up!" Pinkie continued coloring a crude sketch of a happy AJ on her banner for a moment.

"Then what happened?" Rainbow asked insistently.

"Then I said yes!" Pinkie replied cheerfully, "I've been here since I sent out invitations. You got yours right? I tried to shoot it into your window this morning but I think it got stuck in your roof."

"Pinkie, I need you to cancel your party." Rainbow said cautiously. At Rainbow's last word, Pinkie's scribbles on the banner stopped and a few seconds passed in silence before she giggled nervously.

"Silly Rainbow, why would anyone ever want to cancel a party?"

"Because-" Rainbow cut herself short, "-Uh... Um, I know why Applejack is upset and this won't make it better."

"When has a party not made everything better, Miss Party-Pooper?"

"Pinkie!" Rainbow yelled in frustration.

"Easy there, Rainbow," Twilight placed a reassuring hoof on her friend's shoulder, "I'm with Pinkie on this one, having a party will give you both an excuse to meet up, and then you can talk to her after the party." Pinkie cocked her head to the side.

"I think it'll be super awkward," Rainbow said flatly.

"Your friends will be there to make sure it goes smoothly. Right, Pinkie?" Twilight offered and Pinkie cheerfully agreed, "Besides, having some fun together might make things easier for your talk afterward." Rainbow sighed.

"Are you sure about this?" Rainbow rubbed her shins together, "If she was avoiding her family, I don't think she wants to be around us right now."

"Maybe not, but I think the best cure of sadness is to have your friends and family with you, even if you feel like being alone." Twilight smiled warmly, "It'll be okay, Rainbow, trust me."

"Alright, alright," Rainbow took a deep breath, "I'll tell her after the party." Twilight's smile broadened and she nodded once.

"Tell her what?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Pinkie," Twilight replied for Rainbow, "It's nothing. Did you need me to help with any party preparations before I head out?"

"Naw, I've got this!" Pinkie waved them along, "You guys do your thang."

"Okay, see you later!" Twilight headed for the stairs, "C'mon, Rainbow, let's go practice what you're going to say to Applejack."

"Oh, goody, this'll be fun," Rainbow said sarcastically, "Later, Pinkie."

"See ya tomorrow!" Pinkie replied and inspected her completed banner after her friends had left, "Perfect! Now, what games should we play? Hmm... It's been a while since we played truth or dare!"

* * * * *

That day had been rough on her, but Applejack was nearing the end of it as she washed the dishes by herself. Her family's soft voices reached her from the next room as they chatted and played board games. Normally she'd join them when the dishes were done, yet tonight as she looked out at the setting sun over the orchards, she had no heart for it. This made her worried.

Applejack finished the dishes and drained the rest of the hot water down the sink, rinsing it. The water splashed in the basin in the cupboard below and sounded full enough to take out. Maybe ah'll turn in after ah dump the water, Applejack thought and opened the cupboard a crack. Her friend's encouraging words repeated softly in the back of her mind, the same words she had thought about throughout that day. It was time to follow them, she decided, and closed the cupboard.

"That can wait," Applejack muttered and headed into the living room to join her family, "This cain't."

"Hey, Sis!" Applebloom greeted from her seat on the floor by the coffee table, "Want to play some Settlers of Equestria with us?"

"Heh, sure," Applejack replied with a relieved smile and sat next to her sister, "Deal me in after yer game."

"We can start over, I've pretty much got this beat anyhow," said Applebloom and gave her brother a confident smile.

"Yup," Big Mac admitted and sighed as he threw his cards down.

"Awe, thanks." Applejack chuckled, already she felt calmer.

They played another game of Settlers and Applejack cornered the market for cows and apples early on. Meanwhile, Bic Mac and Applebloom fought for control of salt rock and gemstones. Applejack ended in victory once she was able to secure the longest wagon path from Bic Mac.

"Yeehaw!" AJ cried victoriously, "Good game, just goes to show ya just can't beat apples."

"A two for one apple trader doesn't hurt none either," Applebloom noted.

"Eh-heh... Maybe," Applejack said guiltily, "You should get to bed though, Missy, and ah've gotta take the dish water out back." Applejack got up and headed to the kitchen. Bic Mac looked pointedly at Applebloom, who cleared her throat.

"Oh! Um," Applebloom started nervously, "I forgot to mention we're out of flour for tomorrow."

"We are?" Applejack stopped and turned around, "But the mill's closed by now."

"Sorry!" Applebloom winced and her big sister sighed.

"Welp, ah guess I'll have to make a trip tomorrow mornin'."

"Wait! Can't we ask Pinkie Pie if she'd open the shop for just a minute? I bet the bakery's got a bag left." Applebloom suggested hopefully. Applejack pondered a moment.

"That's not a bad idea, but we are going to bed, young Missy," replied Applejack and gave a stern stare.

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Applebloom gave a resigned sigh then headed upstairs.

Applejack waited until she could hear teeth being brushed before she went to dump the water out back. When she returned to the kitchen she found Bic Mac waiting for her and the hairs on the back of her neck raised. "What's up?" She asked.

Big Mac tilted his head toward the backdoor and headed outside, Applejack replaced the pail, grabbed her hat and followed. Applebloom should be fine with Granny, she figured as she pulled the stetson into it's familiar place on her head.

"You comin' with me to Sugarcube Corner?" Applejack asked, afraid of his answer. She hoped her brother hadn't planned to talk to her about her recent behavior.

"Yup," he replied and started a lazy trot into town. Applejack swallowed hard, but followed.

Dusk cast long shadows over everything and a cool breeze kept their walk pleasant. AJ faced the setting sun, its glow flaring over their orchards, basking her home in yellow and orange hues. She had been so preoccupied right up until that moment, but somehow the scenery just melted it all away. Big Mac never spoke, only casting the occasional glance his sister's way to see how she was doing. Before she knew it, she and Bic Mac were in front of Sugarcube Corner. A tension behind her eyes and chest faded, one she hadn't noticed she carried until it was gone.

"Thanks fer walkin' with me," Applejack said as she rapped on the door, "Ah think ah needed some company."

"Yup," Bic Mac replied.

The door burst open in a shower of confetti and screams of surprise. Applejack took a few steps back from the shocking display and bumped into Bic Mac, who nudged her back towards the door. Pinkie lifted her easily and dragged her inside before she could protest.

"You knew 'bout this?" Applejack yelled at her brother, "Mah own kin set me up?"

"Yup," Bic Mac replied smugly right before the door closed and Applejack was trapped inside.

The interior of Sugarcube Corner was completely renovated much to AJ's surprise, decorations and childishly drawn pictures of herself masked the fact that it was a bakery. She felt more hooves on her suddenly and caught glimpses of her friends, including Rainbow, as they carried her upstairs. She protested then yelped when she felt herself being tossed through the air, only to land on a pile of pillows. Amidst her confusion and thrashing, her friends picked up pillows and began pelting her and each other. Applejack's protests soon turned into laughter and cheers.

During the resulting pillow war, Rarity and Fluttershy had joined her side against Pinkie, Twilight and Rainbow, and pillow forts had been crudely constructed around Pinkie's living room. A stalemate ensued for many tiring minutes.

"We ain't gettin' nowhere with Twilight's defensive," whispered Applejack to her team as a pillow flew over their heads, "We need a plan."

"You are right," Rarity huffed, her hair was a mess and she had put up a sweat, but didn't seem to care. This was war.

"I'm fine with hiding here until it's over," offered the as-of-yet-untouched Fluttershy and her friends both raised an eyebrow at her.

"Rares, why don't ya take Flutters with you on the left flank and ah'll go on the right," suggested Applejack, "Try to keep Twilight focused on ya so ah can take 'er out. Once their magic is down, the rest should be easy pickin's." Rarity nodded.

"See you later!" Rarity whispered back and grabbed a hold of a reluctant Fluttershy, who whimpered softly.

Once her team was in position, AJ gave the signal and a barrage of pillows launched against Twilight's magical pillow shield. As she hopped over her own fort, she saw Pinkie returning fire and Fluttershy went down. She had to act fast, luckily nopony had noticed her yet. With pillow in mouth and face set in confident determination, Applejack leaped behind enemy lines on their right flank, right on top of Rainbow Dash and knocked the Pegasus onto her back.

Applejack hesitated, frozen in place at the sight of Rainbow beneath her, who stuttered her name as she clutched a pillow to her chest. Rarity shouted a warning from the other side of the room just before Applejack was blindsided by a magically tossed pillow to the head.

"Applejack!" Rarity yelled as she feebly defended herself against Twilight and Pinkie's all out attack. Within moments she was overrun and her last stand was marked by a pile of pillows. "I surrender!" Came her muffled voice from the pile.

"I do too!" Fluttershy said sheepishly from her retreat back to their fort.

"I guess y'all won," Applejack sighed, but grinned at Twilight and Pinkie's celebratory cheers. She looked down to Rainbow, who hadn't dared move, and extended a hoof to help her up. Rainbow accepted it.

"AJ? Uh... Thanks," Rainbow said quietly.

"Yep," Applejack replied.

"Let's have cake!" Pinkie said suddenly and bounced downstairs. A pink aura surrounded all the pillows in the room and neatly tucked them all into a corner, making the room seem far larger than before. Applejack suddenly noticed the rest of the decorations upstairs and the balloons caught her eye.

"Are you feeling better, Applejack?" Twilight asked politely as she magically set the table and started the turntable.

"Y'all're doin' this to cheer me up?" Applejack asked incredulously over the familiar party music.

"But of course, Darling," Rarity replied as she levitated a brush through her hair, "Is it working?" Applejack chuckled and smiled.

"Yup," Applejack answered, "Thanks." Pinkie returned with the cake and set it on the table before her. It was in the shape of a pony, the mane and tail portions were topped with yellow frosting and crab apples were used as a cutie mark.

"It's apple crumble cake!" Pinkie announced and started cutting slices and serving them, giving Applejack the first piece.

"Looks like ya went all out again, Pinkie, thanks!" Applejack took a hearty bite.

"You know it!"

After cake, soda and some light conversation, Pinkie broke out the party games. The sounds of raucous laughter and excitement could be heard several blocks away until it grew very late in Ponyville. As they wrapped up their latest game, Twilight nonchalantly walked over to whisper in Rainbow's ear.

"How you holding up?" Twilight made as if she were just cleaning up.

"Dreading the after-party," Rainbow rubbed her shins together and stole a glance at Applejack, "But I think this is helping."

"C'mon Rainbow, I thought you were fearless," Twilight gave a light jab into Rainbow's side.

"Against a hydra or something sure-"

"I'm just teasing you, relax, you'll do fine," Twilight giggled and casually headed away to grab a drink.

"Glad somepony thinks so," Rainbow muttered, but her ears perked up when she caught Applejack's voice across the room.

"It was a great party, Pinkie, and ah appreciate you lookin' out fer me," Applejack said earnestly, "Ah'd better get goin' though, busy mornin' 'n all." Rainbow bit her lip.

"Awww," Whined Pinkie and gave Applejack a whimpering pout, "Can't we play just one more game?"

"Ah dunno..." Applejack rubbed the back of her head with a hoof and averted her gaze, it was awful hard to refuse Pinkie's pouting sometimes.

"It's just one more game," said Rainbow hopefully from across the room, "You can stay, right?"

"Oh, but I must agree with Applejack," Rarity replied instead, "It is getting quite late and some of us have work tomorrow."

"We could play a quick one, then call it a night," Twilight countered and pointedly looked at Rarity, who scrunched her brow, but only for a moment.

"Well, I suppose one last quick game wouldn't hurt," Rarity suddenly changed her tune and turned to face Applejack, "What do you say?"

"Ah guess so..." Applejack sighed in resignation, "So what're we playin'?"

"Oh! Oh! We haven't played one yet!" Pinkie bounced in excitement, "Truth or dare!" Groans erupted from the room and Rainbow swallowed hard.

"Hey, y'all wanted rain," Applejack sat in the middle of the room, "Don't complain when its a flood."

Rarity shared a concerned look with Twilight, then laughed nervously.

"Yes, well, shall I begin?" Rarity laid down gracefully next to Applejack and cleared her throat, "Twilight? Truth or dare."

"Hm, Truth." Twilight sat across from them, the rest slowly formed the circle.

"Do you have a crush on anyone, dear?" Rarity batted her eyelashes.

"For the last time, Rarity, no," Twilight squinted at her.

"Applejack?" Rarity asked.

"She ain't lyin'."

"Phooey," Rarity pouted, "I still say you're in denial with that Sentry fellow. You'd make such-"

"Moving on," Twilight interrupted, "Uh... Fluttershy, truth or dare." An 'Eep!' followed.

"Um... truth," Fluttershy squeaked, this was her least favorite game, and she shook in anticipation of her question.

"Have you ever done anything bad that we don't know about?" Twilight shrugged.

"Oh gosh, Dare." Fluttershy said quickly, eliciting surprised stares from the others.

"Okay," Twilight shelved that one for later, "How about you sing for us again?"

"Oh that would just be delightful," Rarity commented and sat up, Applejack and Pinkie agreed.

"Um, I'd like to go back to truth," whispered Fluttershy.

"Nuh-uh," Twilight shook her head, "No breaking the rules, you gotta sing." Fluttershy whimpered, but took a deep breath to steady her nerves. Once a silent moment had passed, she cleared her throat and began to softly sing.

When the world is too much to handle,

And I've had all I can take,

I retreat from the latest scandal,

Before I get a headache.


Under the great Weeping Willow tree,

Where no one can bother me,

Under the safe Weeping Willow tree,

I find my sanctuary.


Until the commotion starts to din,

I'll be safe behind the leaves,

Once I'm ready to take it all in,

I'll set forth from my reprieves.


Under the great Weeping Willow tree,

Where no one can bother me,

Under the safe Weeping Willow tree,

I find my sanctuary.

"My goodness, that was simply marvelous, darling!" Rarity beamed. Hooves clapped excitedly around the circle as Fluttershy did her best to hide her embarrassed smile behind her hair. "Maybe we should play this game more often if we can get performances like that!"

"Oh, please no, Rarity, once is enough," begged Fluttershy. Rarity gave her an appraising look and hummed.

"We'll see about that," Rarity threatened, then relented, "However, it is your turn to choose." Fluttershy sucked in her lips and glanced about her friends. Rarity and Twilight had already gone, Applejack looked tired and apathetic, Rainbow shook in her seat and avoided eye contact. Finally, Pinkie pouted at her.

"Um, Pinkie?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

"Yes!" Pinkie bounced off the floor, her hooves outstretched in victory, then she planted them firmly onto the floor and gave Fluttershy a daring face. "Dare me."

"Oh... um... are you-"

"Dare me!" Pinkie shouted into the air, taking all her of friends aback.

"A-Alright... I dare you to..." Fluttershy thought a moment, "play a game of Shh with me." Pinkie gasped slowly, emitting a sound not unlike an inward scream.

"That's, just, evil," Pinkie squinted at her, "I-love-it! Ready-set-go!"

Pinkie scrunched her face and shook, beads of sweat already forming around her forehead within mere seconds of starting the dare, yet she remained mute. Meanwhile, Fluttershy was momentarily surprised, but soon relaxed in the silence. The remaining party-goers stared wide-eyed at Pinkie, anticipating some form of explosion at any moment, like watching a balloon slowly filling with too much water.

Several minutes came and went while Fluttershy remained effortlessly motionless. Pinkie, however, changed expression every few seconds, from concentration to consternation, deadpan to desperate, calm to crazy. Just as it appeared Pinkie was going to lose her mind, Fluttershy spoke.

"That was nice."

The room fell back into silence as everypony looked at Fluttershy in confusion.

"Fluttershy, you spoke," Twilight stated the obvious.

"Yes, she looked like she was getting uncomfortable," Fluttershy gave Pinkie an apologetic look, "I only dared you to play, you didn't have to win."

"It was a dare, silly," Pinkie giggled, "I had to win!" Pinkie suddenly stopped giggling and glared at Fluttershy, "Or else." Fluttershy crumpled slowly to the floor under the intense stare. "Heehee!" Pinkie bounced back to her cheerful self, "Now, who to choose, hmm." She scratched her chin with a hoof and darted her eyes between the nonchalant Applejack, and the skittish Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie announced with a flourish, "Truth or dare?" Rainbow swallowed, convinced the lump in her throat was her heart.

"Truth...?" Rainbow asked as if unsure.

"Why'd you wanna cancel the party tonight?" Pinkie cocked her head to the side. Applejack raised an eyebrow at Rainbow from across the circle. Rainbow's chest burned with fright and she felt AJ's eyes on her. She swallowed again, her throat dry.

"Maybe we-" Twilight started.

"No breakin' the rules, Twi, like you said. Answer the question, Rainbow," Applejack interrupted authoritatively.

A heavy silence fell and Rainbow lowered her head, "Dare," She whispered.

"Figured," Applejack stood and headed for the stairs, "I'm out." She walked past Rainbow, who kept her head low.

"Applejack, wait!" Rarity and Twilight called out simultaneously and hastily got to their hooves. Pinkie and Fluttershy grew worried expressions and merely observed in confusion.

"Nope, thanks for the party, Pinkie," Applejack started down the steps and didn't even face them, "Have a good night y'all." She disappeared from view and a moment later, they heard the front door open and slam shut.

"I'll go speak with her," Rarity offered and started towards the staircase, but Rainbow was already up and extending her wings. Rarity paused mid stride as Rainbow glided down the steps and out of view. Downstairs the door opened again and closed quietly.

"Was... Was it something I said?" Pinkie asked, looking pitifully sad behind her loose hair. Rarity shot her an exasperated look but it soon faded, replaced with her own worries.

"It's not your fault, Pinkie," Twilight approached Pinkie and wrapped a comforting leg around her, "You didn't know... Rainbow and Applejack just need to have a little talk, that's all..."

Meanwhile, Rainbow inspected the hoof-prints on the path leading to Sweet Apple Acres briefly as she soared silently next to them. They were far apart, and dug deep into the dirt. She flapped a few times to gain some altitude and easily spotted Applejack at full gallop under the moon's light. She clenched her teeth to keep them from chattering from the cold, or her nerves, then steeled herself. In a sudden burst, she landed directly in Applejack's way, sending plumes of dirt and dust aside. Applejack came skidding to a halt in front of Rainbow, who slowly stood upright, jaw set and face hard.

"Git outta the way, Rainbow!" Applejack loudly and sharply pronounced each syllable, her eyes glared piercingly under the brim of her hat and her nose crinkled around her eyes, "You've made yer intentions clear and ah don't want nuthin' to do with you!" Rainbow's jaw muscles flexed, but she didn't back down.

"I was waiting for the right time, AJ, I couldn't-" Rainbow started.

"-Have just said you weren't int'rested from the get go." Applejack snorted and walked through Rainbow's space, shoving the lighter Pegasus aside, "Ah get it, thanks fer gettin' mah hopes up." She resumed her gallop home.

"Applejack! That's not it! I-I..." Rainbow called out after her and galloped after her.

"Go 'way, Rainbow! How many times ah gotta tell you to leave me alone! Ah never wanna see you again!" Applejack yelled back at her, though her words wavered in the last sentence.

Rainbow slowed, then stopped and watched Applejack go with her mouth hung open. Her eyes stung and tears started to form at the edges a moment before she shut them and her jaw tightly. With a pained expression she lowered her head, yet when she raised it a moment later and opened her eyes, her expression was full of anger.

Rainbow launched into the air with a powerful thrust of her wings and once more landed directly in Applejack's way, who came to an abrupt stop inches away.

"Rainbow, ah swear ah'll-" Applejack yelled, her face full of rage, but was cut short when Rainbow forcefully pressed her lips and body against hers. They reared onto their hind legs, then crashed onto the grass beside the dirt path. Taken by surprise, Applejack laid there incredulously a moment before her anger returned. She pushed Rainbow up and off of her enough to break the kiss. "What in the hay is the matter with you?"

"You!" Rainbow yelled, her face scrunched in frustration, "I can't stop thinking about you, but every time I wanted to tell you how I feel, I got all stupid and my chest hurt. I was trying to find the right time, the right way to tell you... that's what tonight was supposed to be..." Rainbow swallowed past the lump in her throat, "...Tonight I was going to tell you that I love you."

Applejack stared wide-eyed at Rainbow, her eyes darting back and forth between Rainbow's steadfast and sincere gaze. AJ closed her eyes slowly and tilted her head back.

"Aw, horse-apples, ah went an' mucked it up like a dirty pig in a fresh bath..." Applejack whispered, then scrunched her face and looked to Rainbow again, "Why did you wanna cancel the party then?"

"I-I... didn't want everypony else to be there when I told you, but Twi convinced me to tell you after the party," Rainbow smirked and looked away.

"So Twi knows about us?"

"Eh-heh... uh... yeah." Rainbow winced and gave an apologetic smile, "I kinda needed to talk to somepony..."

"S'alright, sugarcube..." Applejack chuckled, "Ah needed to too, Rares knows all 'bout it."

"Oh... great." Rainbow muttered sarcastically.

"Don't fret now," Applejack brushed her muzzle against Rainbow's softly, "Everypony'll know eventually, ah suppose."

"Hey AJ?" Rainbow whispered, her eyes half lidded now from the nuzzling. Applejack mm-hmm'ed. "Since I told you the truth, it's your turn for truth or dare."

"Ah suppose it is..." Applejack replied, "Dare, since ah always tell ya the truth anyhow."

"I dare you to kiss me." Rainbow grinned hopefully. AJ raised an eyebrow and returned the grin.

"Well ah ain't backin' down from a dare like that." replied Applejack, and brought her lips against Rainbow's as she pulled her closer.

Rainbow breathed in deeply through her nose, the feeling of Applejack's lips and hooves on her brought her so much needed comfort. She breathed out slowly, savoring everything about the intense experience that was so much better than her dream. Everything else melted away. After a minute, Rainbow broke the kiss and pressed her muzzle into the side of Applejack's neck. She took several deep breaths to get some needed air, and to calm her racing heart.

"Y'alright, Sugar?" Applejack whispered in her ear, a hint of teasing in her voice. Rainbow took another few gasps, soaking in Applejack's scent.

"I am now... you?"

"Same here..." AJ sighed and looked at the night sky, "Sorry ah acted the way ah did, ah was just so scared of your answer and then ah figured you were tryin' to avoid me. Then ah assumed the worst..."

"It's okay, AJ." Rainbow nuzzled her, "I was kind of avoiding you until I knew how I felt, then I didn't know what to do or say. I was waiting for the right time to tell you, and I messed that up, I'm sorry... Turns out I'm pretty bad at this stuff."

"You and me both, Sugar." Applejack squeezed her in a hug and they both chuckled, Rainbow instantly relaxed in her hooves. "Oh shoot, ah was supposed to grab a bag of flour from Pinkie."

"I'll get it. You go sleep, you looked ready to pass out an hour ago." Rainbow grunted as she got to her hooves.

"Ya noticed, huh?" AJ chuckled nervously, "Are ya sure?"

"Yeah, I woke up at like, noon. Besides, I owe ya one for not being straight with you tonight..." Rainbow helped her friend up and they shared another nuzzle.

"Tell 'em ah'm sorry I tore outta there like a bull at the gate?" Applejack asked meekly.

"You got it. I should probably go tell them the good news too, huh?" Rainbow smirked, her heart felt light and raced a little at the thought.

"Yup." AJ returned a smile and gave her special somepony a goodnight kiss on the cheek, "Goodnight, Rainbow. Ah'll see you tomorrow?" Rainbow nodded and flashed a smile.

"You can bet on it."

Comments ( 1 )

IT LIIIIVES!

Login or register to comment