• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 5,200 Views, 105 Comments

Kingdom Harmony - Kingdom Harmony



After failing His Mark of Mastery Exam, Sora was sent back to the Islands to search for signs of Xehanort. However while he was there a magic door forced him into the world of Equestria. The only question is, Why is he in such a peaceful place?

  • ...
11
 105
 5,200

Chapter 7: Friends New And Old

Friends New And Old
Twilight's Castle

Twilight decided to head out while she waited for breakfast and order a few more books to see if any of them would help make sense of the current events. When she saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders standing at the main door looking at the steps. "What are you doing?" she asked.

The three turned to face her, looking somewhat confused. "Someone wants to ask you a question." Scootaloo spoke up.

"Okay," Twilight responded, "where is this someone?"

Scootaloo pointed a hoof to her mane where a cricket wearing a suit and top hat jumped out. "That’s a cricket,” Twilight said bluntly.

-----------------------------
Twilight's Castle

It had been a week since the attack on Canterlot, and Sora was starting to get used to the lifestyle of this world, which he thought was sort of a mixed blessing. He had been training with Rainbow Dash for a week now and wasn't making any progress on flying, something Rainbow was quick to remind him of. Although he was able to move his wings, it was far from fluent and just felt unnatural.

Just the night before Rarity brought over some materials and Twilight used her magic to help forge both Rarity's weapon, which she named Heart Sewer, and Fluttershy's necklace which Rarity named Fleeting Breeze. Fleeting Breeze was a silver necklace with a golden horseshoe embedded in the front and engraved into the silver was a pattern that resembled the blowing wind.

Sora just came down to the castle’s main hall, where he spent his time when he was waiting for breakfast, when he heard Fluttershy call out, “A talking cricket!” before slamming into Twilight, sending her flying. “I’ve never met a talking cricket before!”

Says the magical talking pony with wings, Sora thought.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," the cricket spoke and Sora's eyes widened at the sound of the voice. "Cricket's the name, Jiminy Cricket."

"Jiminy," Sora muttered in disbelief.

"Sora, is that you?" Jiminy asked as he hopped onto the ground and ran over to Sora.

"Jiminy, I can't believe you're here!" Sora exclaimed. "It's been ages."

"I know," Jiminy agreed," "it's great to see you again."

"How Pinocchio?" Sora asked.

"Oh, both Pinocchio and Gepetto are doing great," Jiminy answered.

"Excuse me," Twilight interrupted the reunion. "You two know each other?"

"Yeah," Sora answered, "Jiminy and me go way back."

"I accompanied him on his first few journeys as a record keeper," Jiminy said.

"Speaking of which," Sora picked up, "how's Donald and Goofy, oh and the king?"

"Actually, all I know is that they are on some special mission at the moment," Jiminy informed.

"Oh..."Sora sighed.

"Hey," Jiminy started, "don't feel glum. We're on a special mission of our own."

Sora's eyes beamed. "Realy?" Sora asked hopefully.

"Yes, we are here to find the source of the heartless here and seal it or get rid of it it." Jiminy explained. "I was supposed to be here to explain the mission and be the record keeper from the beginning, but I was out of reach when you were sent."

"Okay then, but you missed a lot," Sora replied.

"How much?" Jiminy asked.

"Well the entire capital city was attacked," Twilight interrupted.

"And Discord ended up in a coma," Fluttershy added.

"And to top it off," Sora continued, "the organization is here."

"Oh dear, I did miss a lot," Jiminy responded to the assault. “Sora you mind catching me up on the current events so I can record them in my journal?"

"No problem," Sora smiled.

"Mind if I help?" Fluttershy asked.

"Sure, miss..." Jiminy began.

"Fluttershy," the pegasus answered.

"Okay," Twilight interrupted again, "I think you should all join me in the library for the time being."

-----------------------------
Unknown Location

A unicorn stallion stood in the shadows of an old castle and an earth pony mare walked up to talk to him. "It's been a week and we're still in the dark," she told him.

"Well there's not much we can do, security is still too tight," the unicorn responded.

"Then maybe it's time we take her advice," the mare suggested.

"I don't know if we can trust her," the stallion replied.

"It's not like we have much of a choice," the earth pony contered.

"But he might recognize you," the unicorn argued.

"Looking like this, not likely. But just incase I'll stay clear of him, okay?"

"Fine!"

-----------------------------
Carousel Boutique

Rarity had just finished sewing some scraps of cloth together when she heard the entrance bell to the boutique ring. She closed the curtains around the work space to hide the mess and then walked over to the entrance. “Hello and welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique, and magnifique,” Rarity greeted with her business slogan. “How can I help you?” The customer was a mare with a light pink coat, short dark red mane and tail, deep blue eyes, a cutie mark of what seem to be a star sewn together out of seashells and she was wearing plain white saddle bags.

"Um, yes. I need an outfit to help that is good for camping," the mare requested as she looked all over the boutique, somewhat lost.

"Okay," Rarity responded. "What kind of camping are you doing.

"Well it's not really camping," the mare answered. "You see some friends and I are on an expedition to research the Everfree forest. I'm only here to get some supplies. However I didn't pack so well so I need to to get an outfit."

"So you're looking for something warm and concealing?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah I'd like it to cover most of my body," the mare answered.

"That's a shame, you're such a beautiful young mare, but I do think I have what you're looking for," Rarity said as she looked through a rack of clothes. "Here we are." Rarity pulled out a camouflage suit from the rack with her magic.

"It's perfect," the mare responded.

"It's not very fashionable though, are you sure?" Rarity asked again.

"Yeah, fashion has to come second to survival. So how much do I owe you," the mare asked as she reached into her saddle bag and got out several bits.

"Oh, there's no need of that," Rarity stopped the mare. "I've been trying to get rid of this old thing for months."

"What?!" the mare reacted and ended up dropping a bits on the floor. She quickly picked the up and threw them back into her saddle bag but one rolled away and ended up going underneath the curtains Rarity had closed. The mare dove after it and Rarity quickly opened the curtains.

"I'm sorry about the mess, dear," Rarity tried to explain. "This wasn't really meant to...."

"You fight?" the mare asked pointing at the hilt of Heart Sewer sticking out of a bin next to her.

Rarity blinked. "Um, yes, and no. You see there are some weird creatures that are starting to appear in Equestria and my friends and I were tasked to help fight them. However, my normal methods don't quite work on these things so I tried something new. Last time I just used a metal pole that was lying around but I decided to make a blade. Those hideous pieces of haphazardly sew together cloth were meant to be practice targets."

"Cool," the mare commented. "can I see a demonstration?"

Rarity thought about the idea for a few seconds before nodding, "Just stand back, I'm just a beginner after all." Rarity then used her magic to move three targets and after she positioned them she tied them to the ceiling with some spare thread.

Rarity then picked up Heart Sewer with her magic and took a stance. She bent her knees and lowered as if she was getting ready to pounce onto something, and held Heart Sewer to the right of her head. She did this because it allowed her to adjust changes around her relatively quickly.“Okay here we go,” Rarity announced as she lunged at a target with a thrust and then spun around slashing the second target. Afterwards she attacked the third target with downward slash before she jumped backwards to her original stance.

The mare clapped her hooves for a short period of time. “That was great for a beginner!” she complemented. “However, if I my give a few pointers, rise your sword so it’s slightly above your head. It will let you see more of the battlefield.”

Rarity looked at the mare in shock. “Do you fight?” she asked.

“Well I haven’t been for very long,” the mare admitted, “but I have a friend who is a very experienced sword fighter. He’s been giving me some lessons here and there.”

“You think he can teach me?” Rarity asked.

“Nah, he’s kind of anti social,” the mare laughed. “But I may be able to teach you what he taught me.”

“Really?” Rarity jumped at the chance.

”Sure,” the mare replied, “I’m only a spare hoof on the expedition, so as long as nothing comes up I should be able to make it into town almost every day.”

“Oh thank you…” Rarity paused “I don’t believe I ever got your name.”

The mare giggled. “Call me Wayfinder,” she said.

“Well thanks again Wayfinder,” Rarity continued. “My name is Rarity,”

“Your welcome Rarity. However, I'm a bit busy so I can’t help you today,” Wayfinder informed as she picked up her new camouflage coat. “I have alot of shopping to take care of.”

“Oh, why not let me help you?” Rarity suggested. “It’s the least I can do for a new friend.”

“Wait, we’re friends?” Wayfinder asked in shock.

“But of course,” Rarity replied. “Is that a problem?”

“No,” Wayfinder answered. “It’s just that this is really my first expedition. My friends use to tell me about the new friends they made on their journeys. I guess it’s just nice to know how they feel.

-----------------------------
Ponyville Streets

“I don’t care how much you needed to catch up,” Rainbow Dash lectured Sora as they walked towards the usual training spot. “Even the best flier in equestria, like myself, cannot teach you to fly if you don’t show up.”

“Is she always like this?” Jiminy asked, sitting in the hood of sora’s coat.

“Only when she feeling arrogant,” Sora responded.

“Oh, okay th…” Jiminy started

“She always arrogant,” Sora interrupted. There was a short moment of silence before both Sora and Jiminy started laughing.

“I can hear you you know,” Rainbow commented.

“We know,” Sora responded and Rainbow dropped down and hovered right in front of his face.

She stayed there for a moment, studying Sora before speaking. “You're in a better mood,” she said.

“What’s that supposed to mean,” Sora asked as Rainbow backed up.

“I don’t know, but you seemed so upset before,” Rainbow answered.

“I was not!” Sora shot back.

“Really?” Rainbow said raising an eyebrow. After a few seconds she coughed into a hoof and looked distantly into the sky. “It’s my fault, I have to go or you will get hurt,” she spoke in a dramatic tone of voice, “I can’t ask you to help, I’m a stranger.” Finished with her little performance she looked at Sora with an arrogant smile.

“Sora,” Jiminy responded in shock, “did you really say that?”

“No! Well kind of,” Sora admitted, “but not like that!”

“He’s right you know.” Rainbow intervened. “He was way more depressing.

“Sora!, Jiminy criticized. “I’m disappointed. What would Kairi say?

“She’d probably yell at me,” Sora said in a half joking voice and sighed.

“Just how close are you to Kairi?” Rainbow asked.

Sora face flushed red. “We’re just friends.” he blutted out quickly.

“Yeah, sure” Rainbow said sarcastically.

-----------------------------
Ponyville Streets

“So what is next?,” Rarity asked Wayfinder as they left the food store.

“Actually, that was the last thing I needed,” Wayfinder said right before her stomach let out a large growl. “How about I treat you to
some lunch?”

“Oh, I couldn’t ask you to pay darling,” Rarity protested, “after all you’ve spent so much money already today on your supplies.

“Come on, think of it as a thank you for all your help today,” Wayfinder countered. “Besides, I saved quite a bit on my outfit.”

“Are you…” Rarity started

“Yes,” Wayfinder interrupted.

“Well if you insist,”

“Just one more thing,”

“What is it?”

“You know anyplace we can get lunch?”

Rarity giggled. “Follow me.”

-----------------------------
Zecora’s Hut

Fluttershy ran forward and brushed her hoof over a flower as she ran past it and it vanished and reappeared in a basket that Zecora had brought with her. “You’ve quickly mastered the basics of your powers. Let us begin the next step with our remaining hours,” Zecora announced. “You enemies will rarely be standing still. You must be able to teleport moving objects at will.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy agreed, “but how will I learn that?”

“I will through the flowers back at you,” Zecora answered. “Teleport them back to the basket is what you will do. Doing it before they hit the ground is the trick. Do that and you will master this skill quite quick.” Zecora threw the flowers in the air and Fluttershy tried to teleport them back but miss each one. She then teleported them back into the basket.

“Again,” Fluttershy said determined.

“That’s the spirit,” Zecora applauded, “never give up and you can do it!”

-----------------------------
Ponyville Restaurant

Rarity and wayfinder were talking as they ate the meals and Rarity’s attention turn to something she was wondering about. “Say Wayfinder, just what is your cutie mark of?” she asked

“Oh, um this?” Wayfinder said stuttering before looking down at her flank. “Well, it’s a wayfinder.”

“Oh, so that’s you name sake?” Rarity observed.

“Yes, is that weird?” Wayfinder asked.

“Not at all,” Rarity assured. “Many ponies have names that are the same as their cutie marks. Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, just to name a few. Still what is a wayfinder exactly?”

“Oh well it’s based off an old legend,” Wayfinder told her. “It goes that somewhere out there, there’s this tree with star shaped fruit and the fruit represents an unbreakable connection. So as long as you and your friends carry good luck charms shaped like it, nothing can ever drive you apart. You’ll always find your way back to each other.”

“That sounds familiar,” Rarity said as she took it all in. “Oh! The paopu fruit!”

“The… what?” Wayfinder said in a soft tone that she seemed to choke out.

“The paopu fruit,” Rarity repeated. “The star shaped fruit. Another new friend of mine, Sora told me that where he’s from there are star shaped fruits. He called it a paopu fruit.”

“Oh, well, like I said… it's just a legend I’ve never... actually seen one.”

“Are you sure?”

“Oh, um, yes.”

Rarity had her suspicions about this. Wayfinder kept stuttering and wasn’t making eye contact. Even so, she decided not to pursue it any further. And besides, she thought. What reason would she have to lie to me?

Suddenly there was a loud thud and the a grinding sound as something slid next to the table. Rainbow Dash flew over chasing it. “ well at least you airborne now,” she said rolling her eyes.

Sora dug himself out of the hole he ended up in. “Your enjoying this, aren’t you?” he asked groaning.

“I have no idea what you're talking about,” Rainbow said quickly.

“I’m...I’m late,” Wayfinder mumbled. “I have to get back to the expedition.” She grabbed her supplies and ran off before Rarity could even respond.

“Wait,” Rarity called out.

Rainbow and Sora looked in the direction she ran off in blankley. “Who was that? Rainbow asked.

“A new friend I made,” Rarity said softly.

“She seemed familiar,” Sora said, still looking into the distance.

“What’s her name?” Rainbow Dash asked

“Wayfinder,” Rarity answered.

“Wait,” Sora reacted, “WHAT!?”

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the incredibly long wait for this chapter. I've been busy working on my YouTube channel and my motivation for this story has been dwindling. However I still fully intend to finish this story, even if it kills me. I know the frustration of an unfinished story.

Comments ( 6 )

Why is Kairi trying to avoid Sora?

Please Finish the story I hope Sora finds Riku and Kiri

Awe I was enjoying it :(

Well... Don't stop now

Really Sora? You're finally realizing that it could be Kairi just because her name she used was Wayfinder? Well, you will figure it out somehow. LoL
Continue this story though. It is really good! 😁

Login or register to comment