• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 5,200 Views, 105 Comments

Kingdom Harmony - Kingdom Harmony



After failing His Mark of Mastery Exam, Sora was sent back to the Islands to search for signs of Xehanort. However while he was there a magic door forced him into the world of Equestria. The only question is, Why is he in such a peaceful place?

  • ...
11
 105
 5,200

Chapter 2: Enter The Heartless

Click the green to start music and red to know when to stop it.

Enter The Heartless
Ponyville Streets

Fluttershy was running through ponyville, but then she saw a small black creature with glowing yellow eyes standing in front of her and she skidded to a halt. She placed the scroll that was in her mouth under her wing. “I've never seen a critter like you before, are you hungry?” she asked the creature which cocked it’s head to the side as it stared at her.

Suddenly the creature lunged at Fluttershy and swiped at her with it’s claws, causing the pegasus to jump back and scream in
horror. Before she recovered from the attack, she became surrounded by dozens of the things. “Help!” she screamed.

The creature jumped towards her once again, but from out of nowhere a caramel colored stallion jumped out and tackled the monster. “Fluttershy are you okay?” Twilight’s voice called out.

Fluttershy turned to see the alicorn. “What’s going on?” she asked in a trembling tone.

“I have no idea!” Twilight answered quickly.

“Twilight, get her to safety. I’ll hold them off,” the stallion ordered.

“Are you crazy!” Twilight responded, “You can’t face them on your…”

“Just do it!” he yelled and then there was a flash of light. When the light died down there was a giant key in the stallion's mouth.

Twilight began to lead Fluttershy away from the monsters when she spoke up. “We have to hurry and get our friends, that way we can use our magic to help!” the princess told Fluttershy.

As they continued to run Fluttershy looked back at the pony who saved her getting farther and farther away.

-----------------------------
Ponyville

A pony in a black cloak watched as Sora fought the heartless from the shadows and used magic to hold up a black book. “Well the attempt to neutralize the elements has failed,” the cloaked pony whispered, “but the primary target has arrived sooner than expected. The only question is how to proceed.” He closed the book and a black portal opened up behind him. He walked through and then the portal closed in on itself.

-----------------------------
Twilight’s Castle

Twilight ran directly over to Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow I need you to gather everypony right now,” she told the pegasus extremely quickly.

“What’s going on?” Rainbow asked in a worrisome tone.

“There's no time to explain now, get the others and meet me outside!” Twilight ordered.

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash replied, somewhat annoyed.

Twilight ran back outside to Fluttershy. “Are you okay Fluttershy?” the alicorn asked.


“Yes, just scared. What’s going on?” the pegasus asked.

“I wish I knew,” Twilight sighed. “What’s that you have there?” she asked and gestured towards a scroll under Fluttershy’s wing.

“Oh, right I almost forgot. Here, it’s important,” Fluttershy said as she gave the letter to Twilight.

Twilight read over the letter and looked at Fluttershy. “Okay at least we know something. We need to defeat these things and notify Celestia,” she announced. “Now we just need to wait for Rainbow to get here with the others.”

“You called,” Rainbow said in a cocky tone of voice. She was flying above Rarity, Pinkie, and Applejack who were standing right outside the castle doors.

“Okay we need to get a move on. I’ll explain everything I know on the way,” Twilight commanded.
Suddenly Sora came flying towards the group and landed on his side. All of the ponies screamed.

“A-are you alright?” Fluttershy asked

Sora got up and looked at Twilight. “I thought I told you to get to safety! Quickly, get inside and close the doors!” He ordered as fast as he could speak.

What’s wrong with you! We can hel…” Twilight yelled before stopping short. She noticed more and more of shadow things wearing blue armor with a silver helmet and boots, as well as weird black heart shaped emblem outlined in red with a red X going through it on their chest coming out of the shadows.

“Just stay back and let me handle this!” Sora shouted. “I hope this works.” There was a flash of light and a giant key appeared in Sora’s mouth. It had a golden rim surrounding the handle, but the key itself was silver. There was a chain hanging off the back of the handle with an emblem at the end, made of a circle with two smaller circles on the sides of the top that could only be described as a set of ears.

Sora pointed this key to the sky and a ball of light appeared above it. Sora then jumped into the air and threw the key back at the ground so the tip was stuck in the ground below the ball of light. Afterward he landed with his front hooves first on the handle of the key, implanting it farther in the ground, then his back hooves landed on the ground leaving him leaning on the keys handle. Right after he landed a glowing circle appeared on the ground as the ball above him began to let out a reddish glow.

“Is that… magic?” Twilight questioned dumbfounded.
As the light intensified the creatures lunged at Sora, but then the light engulfed everything. When the ponies could see again the armored shadows were nowhere to be seen and in their place were glowing crystal hearts slowly floating upwards.

“Is that…” Twilight began.

“His cutie mark?” Rarity finished as her jaw dropped.

“What do you know, it worked,” Sora said as he swayed back and forth, and then collapsed. Afterwards his weird key disappeared in a flash of light.

Twilight shook her head quickly before speaking. “We can figure out what just happened later. Right now we might have a crisis going on. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, you two are the strongest. Escort everypony home.”

“Got it,” Rainbow Dash said with a salute.

“Rarity, Pinkie,” Twilight continued, “get Sora and bring him to one of the guest rooms in the castle.”

“Okie-Dokie-Lokie,” Pinkie agreed, “but where are they?”

“I can show you,” Rarity assured.

“Okay then,” the princess picked up again, “Fluttershy you and me are going to the throne room. We must notify Celestia at
once.” She turned to address the whole group. “When you are done with your tasks meet us in the throne room. Let’s get moving!” she finished and all of the ponies separated to complete their assignments.

-----------------------------

(Author's note: The ability Sora used was Trinity Limit. In the games it requires the entire party’s MP. However here Sora did it on his own, and that is why it sapped him of his energy)

-----------------------------
Canterlot Castle

Discord stood over a map of Equestria, channeling his magic into the enchanted table it was resting on. After he received the order to search for the darkness, Princess Luna helped him build this device to amplify his detection powers. “I hope Fluttershy got my message,” he sighed.

Suddenly, the Ponyville section of the map lit up in a black aura. But just as quickly as it appeared it extinguished. “What in the?” he spat out in shock. “I’d must tell Celestia at once!”

In a flash of light Discord teleported into the throne room. “Princess, I have urgent news!” he announced.

The princess of the sun was holding a scroll with her yellowish magic. She moved it to the side and tied a ribbon around it before teleporting it away. “I would remind you to knock but your current position would make that impossible, wouldn’t it?” She started jokingly. “What is the urgency?”

“The darkness I’m searching for…” Discord started before pausing, “well it appeared in Ponyville… briefly.”

“What do you mean by briefly?” Celestia asked.

"You see the map only highlighted Ponyville for a matter of seconds,” the spirit of chaos responded.

"I see,” the white alicorn said slowly. “Well, as for the appearance, Twilight notified me that there were strange shadow creatures in Ponyville, however she and her friends took care of them. On the other hoof, that device you have seems to have a delay in detection. I will look at it personally to see if I can close the gap, but if you detect this darkness again I want you to teleport to its location immediately and find out what you can, then report your findings to me.”

“Of course princess,” the draconequus agreed.

-----------------------------
Twilight’s Castle’s Throne Room

“Are you sure we shouldn’t tell her about Sora?” Fluttershy asked gently.

“Tell her what?” Twilight asked in return. “I told her we had help from another pony and that I will send more information soon. Other than that, what could we say. He’s an enigma.”

“So you didn’t tell Celestia about that super duper light show?” Pinkie questioned as she and Rarity came in to join the two.

“Why ever not?” Rarity asked as well.

“I don’t even know what that was,” Twilight explained. “It seemed to be magic, but he’s a pegasus.

“I know, what was with that?” Rainbow Dash asked, announcing her presence.

“Rainbow, Applejack, good to see your back. Is everypony home safe?” The purple alicorn asked for confirmation.

“Don’t ya worry,” Applejack reassured, “everypony made it home safely, and there wasn’t a sign of those shadows anywhere
either.”

“Good,” the alicorn picked up, and then turned to face the entire group. “Tonight we witnessed something we’ve never seen before, however this new pegasus, Sora, seems to know more than he’s letting on. Not only did he defeat those things single hoofed, but he did so using what can only be described as magic. Furthermore there’s that… key and the… hearts that those creatures left behind which were identical to his cutie mark. Well I do believe he’s on our side, after he saved us and all, but we can’t afford to let him keep this information from us. Tomorrow we will meet in the main hall and find out what Sora knows about these… shadows. Agreed?” The other five ponies nodded in agreement.

“It does make ya wonder though,” Applejack pondered, “where did this stallion even come from?”

-----------------------------
Unknown Location

Riku and Kairi kept on walking ahead, and no matter how fast he ran, Sora couldn’t catch up. “Riku, Kairi, please, wait up, don’t leave me behind,” he pleaded, but they still kept getting farther and farther away, until they faded from sight.

Sora awoke, jolting upwards. After taking a few breaths, he quickly examined the unfamiliar room. It was small and fairly empty, with only the bed he was lying in and a nightstand next to it. Also the walls and floor were made of some kind of blue crystal like material.

“Who’s Riku and Kairi?” a voice called from Sora’s side causing him to scream from shock, as he turned to face the person.

“AHHH, yourself, but that doesn't answer my question silly,” Pinkie Pie said in a gleeful tone.

Sora remembered the situation he was in and took another moment to breathe. “They’re my friends, although it’s been awhile since I last saw them,” Sora explained.

The door opened and a blue pegasus, with a rainbow colored mane and tail, reddish pink eyes, and a cutie mark of a cloud shooting out a rainbow colored lightning bolt, flew in. “Good you're awake, we need you to come with us to the main hall,” she told Sora.

“Um, okay,” Sora said as he got out of the bed and on to his hoofs.

“Let’s go!” Pinkie proclaimed cheerfully.

-----------------------------
Twilight’s Castle’s Main Hall

“He’s finally up,” Rainbow Dash called down to Twilight, Applejack, and Rarity, who were sitting at a table waiting for Rainbow and Pinkie Pie to bring Sora down and for Fluttershy to arrive. The hall was still messy from the party the night before. There was streamers and confetti all over the floor and there was tables set up that held the food and drinks the night before, but now Pinkie set up a spread fresh food and drinks for breakfast.

“Like your one to talk, you sleep in almost every day,” Rarity commented.

Rainbow, Pinkie, and Sora joined the three at the table. “What’s going on?” Sora asked as he looked from face to face. Twilight knew she and her friends must have looked serious, but she knew they needed to keep Sora calm.

“Nothing bad, we just have a few questions about what happened last night,” she reassured.

“Yeah, like what were those things,” Rainbow asked impatiently.

“Hold your horseshoes, Rainbow,” Applejack interrupted.

“We should wait for Fluttershy. After all,” Twilight explained and looked over to a slightly nervous Sora, “we shouldn't make Sora
explain this more than once.”

Sora seemed to calm down a bit as the entrance door opened up and Fluttershy walked in. “Sorry I’m late, I had to make sure all the animals were fed before I left.” She apologized and turned to look at Twilight. “Also theres a unicorn outside and I think he wants to speak with you.”

“What?” Twilight said confused as she got up and walked towards the door. As she did so, her friends and even Sora followed her to see this unicorn. She looked outside at the stallion. He was a navy blue unicorn with a long, at least for a guy, silver mane and tail, blue eyes, and a cutie mark of what seemed to be a bat wing with a white feathered wing coming out of the end.

“Well I’ve never seen him before,” Twilight commented. “You think he needs directions?”
Before anyone could respond they noticed Sora’s eyes widen, “Riku,” he whispered. Right then the stallion boltted away. “NO, wait!” Sora called out as he ran after him.

Sora, stop!” Twilight yelled as she began to chase after the caramel pegasus with her friends. “Does anyone know what's going on?” she asked her friends as they continued to run.

“All I know is that he call that other guy Riku before they both bolted off!” Rainbow answered.

“That’s it!” Rarity exclaimed. “Riku, he told me that was the name of one of his friends, from where he came from.”

“That does explain something, but not why this... Riku would run away from him,” Twilight continued.

“We can figure that out later, right now he’s getting away!” Applejack reminded everypony.

“That’s strange,” Pinkie Pie observed, “it looks like he’s heading for the Everfree Forest.”

“What!” Fluttershy shouted.

“He’s pretty fast for a pegasus that’s not flying,” Rainbow Dash remarked. “I’ll fly ahead and cut him off.”

“Good idea,” Twilight agreed.

-----------------------------
Outside the Everfree Forest

Rainbow flew up to the side of Sora, “You need to stop. Your heading straight for the Everfree Forest,” she warned the stallion as he kept running.

“You mean that spooky looking forest up ahead?” Sora asked panting. “Yeah, tell me about it later, I have to catch Riku.” After that he dashed ahead.

Rainbow wouldn’t have it, “If he won’t listen, then I’ll just have to make him stop!” she announced to herself as she picked up speed and landed directly in front of Sora. “I said stop!” she frimley ordered.

“Sorry, but I don’t have the time!” Sora yelled back as he jumped to the side to get around the rainbow maned pegasus. This was giving Rainbow a sense of deja vu, but she didn’t have time to figure that out now. She took back to the skies and flew after the caramel pegasus as he entered the forest when suddenly, she felt herself crash. She now remembered the experience she had when she chased after Little Strongheart as the source of the deja vu.

After she picked herself up, she looked at the forest to see what she hit, and found herself staring into thin air. With a confused look on her face, she, walked forward only to feel her face hit a wall. She backed up and placed her forehooves against the air to find an invisible wall. “What the hay!” she yelled.

“Rainbow, what happened?” Twilight asked as she and the rest of their friends caught up with her.

“He ran into the Everfree, and now there’s some kind of invisible wall blocking the path,” she explained as she punched the wall with her hoof to reveal some kind of light glimmering off the wall.

“How is that even possible?” Rarity asked looking at Twilight.

“I have no idea,” Twilight confessed, “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

-----------------------------
Inside the Everfree

Sora not only lost track of Riku, but now he was lost in the Everfree itself. Wandering aimlessly through the plantlife and trees he found himself in front of a clearing. It was a stone chasm with a cave that had a slight glow coming out of it. Sora’s curiosity caused him to head inside the cave.

Inside was a tree made of what seemed to be some kind of crystal. On it’s branches were strangely unique gemstones. There was a pink butterfly, a blue balloon, a red lightning bolt, a purple diamond, and an orange apple. On the trunk of the tree was a magic star that looked like Twilight’s cutie mark. Actually, when Sora stopped to think about it they all reminded him of the six ponies he had met. However, there was two more symbols on the trunk, a sun as well as a moon and star. Sora didn’t know what they meant, but then again, he didn’t understand the tree at all.

Giving up on figuring it out he turned around to head outside when he heard a loud roar. Running out of the cave, he found himself face to face with a humongous, purple heartless, with two rounded horns on the side of its head, one straight horn in between the others, and the heartless emblem emblazoned on its chest.

“A behemoth!” Sora shouted in shock before summoning his keyblade.

-----------------------------
Outside the Everfree

The six ponies watched as explosions of light flashed out of the top of the Everfree Forest. “What the hay is going on in there!?” Applejack yelled.

“I don’t know, but what if we can’t get in?” Rarity asked concerned. The group looked over to Twilight, who was trying everything she knew to break the invisible wall.

“I don’t even want to think about it.” Fluttershy responded with a shiver.

“Think about what, my dear?” said a voice behind them.

The lot of them turned around to face the voice. “Discord?” they said simultaneously.

“Yes, though I’m afraid my visit’s strictly business,” the draconequus told the ponies.

“Is it about those strange shadow creatures showing up like crazy?” Pinkie asked.

“Why, yes Pinkie, in fact it is, I sensed they were appearing near here. Did you girls take them out again?” Discord asked.

“Not really.” Rainbow Dash replied.

“The truth of the matter is that we never defeated them in the first place,” Applejack confessed.

“Long story short,” Rarity picked up, “there’s this new stallion, Sora, and he took them all out on his own.”

“Really?” Discord said, intrigued, “Where is he now?”

"In there,” Twilight answered, pointing at the Everfree Forest which still had flashes of light appearing from the top. “But there’s an invisible wall stopping us from going in.”

“Well it looks like that is where I’ll find my shadows then,” he observed. He then walked up to the invisible wall and placed his lion’s paw as well as his eagle's claw against it. “Well there’s definitely a wall there, but it will take more than that to keep me out.” He clenched his lion's paw into a fist and punched straight through the wall causing it to shatter and the pieces to fade away. Afterwards he walked right into the forest.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and flew towards the forest. However a glimmer of light rose from the ground and Rainbow crashed into a newly constructed wall of invisibility. “You know, this is getting old.”

-----------------------------
Inside the Everfree

Discord had made it in, but ever since he entered he noticed there was more than this than the darkness he had been tracking. He sensed something devoid of everything, even it’s own existence. Even so he pressed on towards the darkness. He felt a large source coming from the area near the Tree of Harmony. Suddenly, out of thin air, black balls of dark energy appeared. From them came what seemed to be glass jars with four white feathered wings apiece, and tall shadows with purple horns, small wings and a large blue sword.

Discord immediately felt a strong surge of the darkness coming from them, although it wasn’t as powerful as the one near the tree. “It looks like you came out to play,” he remarked. “Good luck.” He snapped his talons and a train randomly drove right into the shadowy sword wielders, which exploded into a puff of black smoke. However the angel like jars were charging up balls of energy, and the train missed them because they were flying too high. They fired their blasts, but Discord split into two and both of him went opposite directions and rejoined as one behind the jar angels. The jars quickly turned around to a discord that was stretching and yawning. Suddenly trees sprouted from the ground and crashed directly into the angels, destroying them as well.

“Well that was fun,” the spirit of chaos commented, but then more started to come forth. Discord looked at the creatures. “Sure, why not. I can go a few more rounds.”

-----------------------------
Inside the Everfree

The behemoth’s attacks were more relentless than Sora remembered, and fighting it in this pony body wasn’t making it any easier. The only weak point it has is it’s horn, which is also where it attacks from. Sora was running around dodging pillars of light, and balls of dark aura, but he couldn’t find the opportunity to attack. Suddenly a green explosion hit the behemoth’s head, causing it to bend down in pain. Sora saw his chance and ran straight for the behemoth’s head, jumped, and slashed at the horn with all his might. To his surprise his keyblade cleaved right through and the behemoth released a large heart, which then floated upwards into the sky.

“Well that’s finally over. But where did that explosion come from?” Sora questioned.

“Key bearer, you must be,” said a voice from behind Sora. “Hello and welcome to the Everfree.”

Sora turned to see a zebra with a mohawk as a mane, golden earrings, and golden straps around her neck and left front leg. “How do you know that?” he asked the zebra.

She gave off a little giggle. “There are many worlds as you may know,” she began, “and I know more than I often let show. Zecora is what they call me. So tell me, who might you be?”

“Oh, sorry. I’m Sora.” Sora introduced himself, “Are you the one who helped me?”

“Yes, a potion made to ward away creatures of the ill intent and the night, it proved to be quite effective in your fight.”

“Okay… have you seen a navy blue unicorn, I’m looking for him, his name’s Riku.

“I’m sorry of this Riku I know not, but I know you will find him if you look with your heart.”

-----------------------------
Outside the Everfree

There was a glimmer of light that rose out of the ground. Twilight had a strange feeling and reached out to touch the invisible wall, but it was no longer there. Discord came out of the forest and Fluttershy ran over to greet him.

“Oh Discord, thank goodness you’re okay,” she said. “What happened in there?”

“And where's Sora?” Rarity asked.

“Well I don’t know where he is, but he must be strong,” Discord explained, “While I was in there I sensed a strong source of this darkness, but I got preoccupied with a bunch of weaker ones. However now they're all gone, meaning he must have taken out the most powerful one.”

“Hello, it’s a pleasure to see you,” said a voice behind Discord. “Even if the situation is not what we want it to.”

“Zecora!” Pinkie shouted and the whole group looked at her to see Sora was with her.

“Sora! You’re okay!” “Twilight exclaimed.

“Well, I’d best be going now,” Discord announced. “I have to report this event to Princess Celestia.” The draconequus then disappeared in a flash of light.

“What happened?” Rarity asked.

“He got lost in the Everfree, so leading him back fell to me,” Zecora explained.

“Twilight!” a voice called out from behind them. They turned around to see Spike. “You have a letter from Celestia!” he said as he gave the letter to Twilight.

The alicorn picked up and unrolled the scroll with her magic. “Dear Twilight, I need to see you and your friends in Canterlot immediately,” she read out loud. “And bring…” Twilight’s eyes widened, “Sora!”

To Be Continued…

Author's Note:

The Main Six will not continue to be put to the side. In future chapters they will be as involved as Sora.