• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 3,256 Views, 39 Comments

12 Wishes for a Shimmering Christmas - Kamen Rider SEGADash



Sunset is feeling very lonely this holiday season, so now it's up to Fluttershy and her friends (EQG-verse) to help set things right for the former unicorn.

  • ...
5
 39
 3,256

10th & Final Wish

Sunset and Fluttershy were still fast asleep, Sunset snoring a little bit as the sun began to shine, some of it’s light going in through the window, causing Fluttershy to stir a little bit.

“Good Morning Sunset…” Fluttershy smiled.

Hearing this, Sunset yawned before opening her eyes to meet those of Fluttershy’s.

“Morning, Fluttershy,” Sunset smiled, simply giggling a little bit, Sunset’s teal eyes meeting up with Fluttershy’s green eyes, the two simply smiled at each-other for a little bit before hugging each other, and then Fluttershy looked at the clock.

“Hmm… it’s a bit early… just perfect,” Fluttershy giggled as she got up.

“Whatcha up to?” Sunset asked.

“Every Christmas Day, I go into Obaa-san’s room and wake her up… just something I’ve always done…” Fluttershy informed.

“Okay then,” Sunset shrugged before Fluttershy walked off, leaving the yellow and red haired girl to think for a moment, before she gasped when she heard Fluttershy loudly exclaim “IT’S CHRISTMAS!”, likely to her grandmother.

“Okay, wakatta, Flutter-chan,” Sunset heard Fluttershy’s grandma respond before Sunset couldn’t help but giggle a tiny bit at this. Sunset got up and saw Fluttershy sneak into the guest room to wake up Posey.

‘She must be going to wake her cousin up,’ Sunset thought, when she heard Fluttershy shout again, and Posey soon walked on out of the guest room and headed downstairs.

Sunset just giggled at this before she headed on downstairs as well, the four gathering in the living room where the tree was set up, and Sunset gawked when she saw a huge pile of presents underneath the tree.

“Wow… that’s a lot of presents,” Sunset noticed.

“Yep, and we all took a lot of time to make sure everyone got something they really wanted,” Fluttershy informed.

“That’s good to hear,” Sunset smiled, as the three Koharus all looked to one-another in thought of who should open their gifts first.

“Why don’t we let our guest open a present first?” Fluttershy’s grandma suggested.

“...really?” Sunset gawked.

“Yes, that sounds like a great idea, Obaa-chan,” Posey agreed.

“Agreed,” Fluttershy nodded, handing Sunset the first present, which was a bit heavy, but nothing the former unicorn couldn’t handle, and so she opened the gift to reveal it was the 3DS with SSB4 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team that Fluttershy and Posey got a little while back.

“...Oh my gosh! These are just what I wanted! How’d you know?!” Sunset gawked, getting a giddy smile.

“Well, you see we…” Posey started before Fluttershy gave her cousin a look to stop talking.

After a moment, Fluttershy responded “It was a lucky guess.”

Sunset giggled a little, before hugging Fluttershy, making the girl smile and blush before she opened up the next gift, which was from Dash, turning out to be a copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast.

“Oh Rainbow… she tends to know just what to get me,” Fluttershy smiled, before handing a gift that was from Dash to Sunset.

Sunset then opened the box to reveal some new shoes.

“Um… okay…” Sunset muttered before simply putting them down, seeing a note in the box “‘Didn’t know what to get… I went with the best idea I had.- RD’. Oh, okay,”

“Here’s one for Posey,” Fluttershy replied, handing on to Posey, “And it’s from Obaa-chan,”

Posey giggled as she began to unwrap the gift, revealing the gift to be a brand new camera for her, “Aww… thank you so much…”

“No problem Posey-chan,” Fluttershy’s grandmother smiled, the two hugging it out.


After a while, they had opened just about every present, with a few ones left, but it was here Sunset knew it would be the right time to give Fluttershy her present, since she had finally put down the new tokusatsu toys, and was about to sit down for a moment to relax.

“Oh, Fluttershy. Could you check your 3DS, please?” Sunset asked, with the pinkette nodding and looking to see an icon wrapped up like a present on her 3DS.

“Ara? I don’t remember buying any new games on here,” Fluttershy muttered, confused before tapping the icon, causing the present to unwrap and reveal…

-MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE! 2!-

“Oh… oh… oh…” she gawked, “Oh my gosh! The sequel to one of my favorite 3DS games! How did this get on… wait…”

“...Surprise!” Sunset smiled, “...I downloaded it onto your 3DS and paid for it in full. I hope you like it,”

Fluttershy was in awe at this, smiling widely at her friend before giving her a huge hug.

“THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!” Fluttershy squealed before she looked and saw three more presents, “Hmm? Oh… there’s still one more present for me… and two for you it looks like.”

Fluttershy opened up the gift that said it was to her and from Sunset, before gawking when she saw it was a plushie of Patty from the Mighty Switch Force games.

“I… I didn’t know that they made these… thank you so much Sunset…” Fluttershy giggled, hugging Sunset.

“Yea… you're welcome,” Sunset smiled, knowing that it was Posey who bought it, but simply stuck her name on the tag. Sunset looked to the two gifts, before taking one up, and after she opened it, she gawked at it, it was a sweater with her, Twilight, the pony versions of their friends, along with Posey, Vinyl, Coco, Lightning and Sonata. She looked to see a note with the present before she read it “‘Dear Sunset Shimmer- I don’t mind if you write to me for advice when you need it, I’d be glad to help you however I can. Also, happy holidays… I asked one of my friends to make this for you… it’s of me, you, my friends, and then… five other ponies I saw with you in a dream I had once. I hope you like it. PS- Tell everyone there I miss them, and will visit when I can. Your friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle’... Twilight…” Sunset smiled, tears forming in her eyes, with Fluttershy looking at it in awe, before her eyes landed on the pony version of Sunset.

“So… that’s what you actually look like?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yea… that’s me,” Sunset smiled, noticing Fluttershy’s pony form was right next to her, “And there’s you next to me.”

“Wow… they all look so cute…” Fluttershy giggled, “So… could that gift be from Twilight too?”

“Let’s see the card…” Sunset stated, “Oh… oh my… ‘Dear Sunset Shimmer- I just wanted to let you know that I truly miss you. Princess Twilight told me that you’re doing fine, and showed me the message that you sent her a while back, and I am pleased to know that you are doing well and are indeed learning the Magic of Friendship. I may wish that you can return one day… I do know Twilight has found a way to open the portal so you can return… and when you do come back… know that I will be waiting by that mirror with open hooves… until then, I have sent this present to you in celebration of Hearth’s Warming Eve, or Christmas Day as it’s called there. I love and miss you… my little Sunny. Love, Princess Celestia’... Mom… she still loves me…”

Princess Celestia?” Fluttershy asked a bit in confusion.

“It’s a long story,” Sunset told Fluttershy, simply hugging her, before she opened up the gift, which was a snowglobe with Princess Celestia and Sunset Shimmer, the two cuddling together, she gave it a small shake and saw the snow twinkle in it, before she noticed a little handle on the bottom, she turned it, and it began to play some music.

Sunset smiled at the music playing, tearing up a little bit.

“What is it?” Fluttershy asked.

“It’s the lullaby she sung to me when I was little…” Sunset informed, “...It’s very nice… I honestly miss hearing it… she must know that…”

A knock soon came from the door, causing Fluttershy to walk over to answer the door, seeing the rest of their friends, and Sunset’s friends were there too.

“Hey, I hope we’re not too early to spend some of our Christmas Day with you,” Dash smiled.

“Miss Sunset,” Coco giggled, going over to hug her, with Sunset carefully putting down the snow globe before hugging Coco.

“It’s great to see you, too, Coco. And need I remind you to call me Sunset, no ‘Miss’?” Sunset giggled, as Lightning walked on over next, “Lightning I missed you…”

“I missed you, too, Sunset,” Lightning smiled, joining the hug, with Vinyl and Posey both joining as well, and not long after them, Sonata walked over and joined in as well.

“I’m glad you all could join us today,” Sunset smiled, as she saw Fluttershy and her friends join in the hug, and internally, Sunset was so happy… and was thinking this was the best time of her life. ‘So… this is the Magic of Friendship… heh… I was so silly to think I didn’t need this. This is the best kind of magic.’

After the hug, Sunset looked to see her fireflies in their little jar, and they were all blinking in a form that looked like a smile, making Sunset giggle a little bit.


Near the end of the day, Sunset and Fluttershy were simply talking, the two of them by the fireplace.

“Hey Sunset… I wanted to give you a special gift… so… here,” she smiled, handing Sunset a small box that was nicely wrapped.

Curious, Sunset carefully opened the package before finding a necklace was in it, the necklace being gold and the pendant at the end being like Sunset’s Cutie Mark, the red and yellow haired girl gawked at this, slowly picking it up to take a look at it.

“It’s… it’s beautiful… thank you so much Fluttershy…” she smiled, with Fluttershy helping her put it on.

The two giggled and smiled at each-other, before Sunset noticed something above them, a peculiar small branch with white berries tied with a red bow.

“Say… isn’t that a mistletoe?” Sunset asked, as Fluttershy looked up and blushed at it before the two smiled at each other, staring into each other’s eyes as their faces slowly got closer, their blushes simply increased until they both kissed each other, very passionately, and unknown to them, someone snapped a picture of this.

The two remained in this kiss for a little while, not even noticing their friend staring at them, and they all smiled at this.

Fluttershy and Sunset soon parted, smiling happily at each other as they blushed a bit.

“Sunset… I… I love you,” Fluttershy confessed, with Sunset smiling back.

“I love you, too, Fluttershy,” Sunset smiled, as they hugged, “Hey… thanks for making sure everything on my list came true…”

“No problem and… wait…” Fluttershy started, when it registered in her mind what Sunset had just said, “How long have you known?”

“I’ve known for only a few weeks or so, thanks to your cousin,” Sunset informed, “But honestly… I don’t mind. You all did it because you wanted me to have a great Christmas… so… since Posey sent me to look at your wishlist… are we even?”

Fluttershy simply nodded, and the two girls hugged, making the others smile at the scene.

“...So… who’s hungry?” Sonata asked, with Sunset smiling as she got up and headed for the fridge, the special Hearth’s Warming Eve treat ready to be eaten, “Woah… what is this?”

“The Heart of Hearth’s Warming Eve… it’s something that I used to have every year around this time… would you guys like some?” Sunset smiled, as everyone gave a nod.


A bit later, everyone sat around the fire, having had a wonderful Christmas day, with the friends all smiling and relaxing.

“Even without the fire… I still feel warm when I’m around all of you…” Pinkie admitted.

“That’s the Fire of Friendship… a special kind of magic that is best shown at this time of year… when friendships are formed, kindled, and stay alive, even through the hardest of times” Sunset informed as they all looked into the fire to see it glow magenta before it took the shape of a heart, much to everyone’s surprise.

“Wow… it’s beautiful Miss… er… Sunset,” Coco stated.

“Who knew friendship was so powerful?” Lightning added.

“It’s a truly rockin’ thing…” Vinyl smiled.

“One that can unite anyone… or anypony,” Posey giggled.

“And it can even touch someone who’s… never known what friendship is like,” Sonata added.

“Yea… Friendship truly is a magical thing,” Sunset smiled again, as she looked over to her book with a smile and began to think of what to write.


A little bit later, Sunset had taken a moment to think about what she was going to write down, and she knew what to write.

“Dear Princess Twilight- Happy Hearth’s Warming Eve, I hope your celebrations went great. Over here, Christmas has never been better. I managed to make new friends with Fluttershy’s cousin, Posey, and made a friend with, surprise surprise, one of the Dazzlings, Sonata. She seems like she honestly wants to to change… and since I sort of know where she’s coming from… I’m going to try and support her however I can. Anyway… I had a really magical holiday, and I hope yours was just as magical. Please say hi to Princess Celestia for me and let her know I miss her a lot. …”


“‘...It’s not everyday somepony special like me or you comes around. Oh… and can you tell her something for me? I’ll be back some day… and I’m truly learning the Magic of Friendship. But I don’t really think I should come back until I truly understand it… you understand, right Twilight? See you soon, I hope. Oh, before I forget, thank you so much for the presents… I love them both. Your Friend- Sunset Shimmer’,” the letter written by Sunset was read by Twilight Sparkle back in Equestria. She smiled happily at the letter, wiping away a single tear, before looking up to Princess Celestia who was levitating up a tissue to wipe away her tears.

“It’s wonderful to know she’s learning the best kind of magic there is,” Twilight smiled, letting Celestia look at the letter herself, “So… Princess Celestia, are you happy with your… uh… daughter?”

“Yes… very happy, Twilight,” Celestia confirmed, as she looked at the message again for a moment, “I’m so proud of you… my little Sunny…”

Both of them looked at the book again for a moment, before Twilight used her magic to close it for the time being…

The End.

Author's Note:

And that's it. Christmas was wonderful, the Mane... 10 (I guess?) get what they want, we get a glimpse back in Equestria to know Celestia still cares for Sunset, and they all live happily ever after. I hope you enjoyed this as much as Pika and I did writing it.

Well, 2015 is now upon us, and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and a Very Happy start to the New Year. Hopefully, we'll get our other projects done during this year. Until next time, this has been Kamen Rider SEGADash, AKA KKD Silver. Jaa ne.

Pika and I own nothing.

Comments ( 10 )

:yay: I'm finally done with this!

Was a nice read :pinkiehappy:

5451708 Yea, relatively short, but a good one for the holidays.

5458034 Yea. Really great puzzle-platformer.

5470854 Sorry you think that way, but glad you like it.

This was rather interesting. Some of the characters felt a bit OOC, and the japanese and videogame elements felt out of place and needless, but the concept was rather cute.

You get a fav from me.:twilightsmile:

I hope to see a squeal that continues Sunset and Fluttershy's relationship.

I love your story dude. I may end up reading it every charismas. It's just so cute. By the way, where did you and your friend Pikatwig get the idea to make FlutterShy and her family Japanese, and have be a gamer girl? Being a gamer and a fan of Japanese media myself, it made me smile when you two made a reference to super sentai, kamen rider, and Nintendo. Anyway great job, hope to see more sunshy from you two.

this was a good story i hope some day you do a sequel

Login or register to comment