• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 3,255 Views, 39 Comments

12 Wishes for a Shimmering Christmas - Kamen Rider SEGADash



Sunset is feeling very lonely this holiday season, so now it's up to Fluttershy and her friends (EQG-verse) to help set things right for the former unicorn.

  • ...
5
 39
 3,255

7th Wish

Sunset looked to an Equestrian book that she had brought with her, simply dusting off the book, seeing it’s title ‘Children of the Night and Moon’. She traced the image on the cover, which was a picture of a moon plus a picture of Princess Luna before she opened up to the first page and begun to read it.

“Sunset? You did make sure you took everything from your locker at school, right?” Fluttershy asked.

“Almost, I’m double checking right now,” she responded, putting the book down and looking to another book, which had her Cutie Mark on it, smiling at it before she tucked it away and looked back to the other book.

“Hey… what’s that?” Fluttershy asked walking over.

“Just a couple books that I brought from home…” Sunset informed, “This one is my personal favorite.”

“‘Children of the Night and Moon’. Sounds… interesting,” Fluttershy admitted.

“It talks about the Princess of the Night, forming a hidden colony within the land of Equestria. I honestly never expect such a story to exist, but this is said to be an autobiography written by one of the kids. In all honesty… I’m not sure if this story is real or not… but it’s a beautiful story.” Sunset informed.

“What happens in it, beyond this Princess of the Night forming this hidden colony?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well… let me see… she wrote of how Luna decided to set up the colony after she and Celestia dealt with Discord, who is a monster that governs over chaos and such… and despite Celestia telling her little sister to not do it, Luna forms this colony out of orphans who lived in the capital of Canterlot. Heh… wish I was born by then…” Sunset admitted, making Fluttershy rather shaky looking.

“...you’re scared of the dark, and yet you’d want to live in a land that is eternal night?” Fluttershy asked.

“It’s never said it’s eternal night… but it does sound interesting at the very least. But if not for me being with Celestia… I wouldn’t know you…” Sunset responded with a smile.

“Aw…” Fluttershy smiled, hugging her friend, the two of them blushing.


A bit later, Fluttershy and Posey were out shopping, going to GameGo to look at a few games and checking the prices between the different 3DS models, prices being cut for the holiday time.

“Can you believe it’s December 18th already itoko-chan?” Fluttershy asked.

“It’s hard to believe myself,” Posey admitted, “I mean… it’s only felt like seven days.”

Fluttershy simply shrugged at her cousin’s comment, before finding a 3DS bundle priced at $250.25, and even saw that it came with a copy of Smash Bros & Mario & Luigi Dream Team pre-installed on it. “Itoko-chan… how much money do we have after shopping for everyone else?”

Taking a moment to look over their money, Posey saw they had $700 and smiled at this.

“With our amount of cash, we’ll end up with $449.75, which could be enough to get some extra games and even get her that one gift you were looking at while we were at the jewelry store while we were shopping for Rarity,” Posey smiled.

“Perfect!” Fluttershy smiled, as she giggled happily.


Sunset meanwhile, was at the park reading the ‘Children of the Night and Moon’ book.

“‘Our dear mother had finally lost her temper about her sister. She protected us, and pointed out how ponies like us awake during the night could be helpful despite what others said… she couldn’t keep her temper in check, and attacked her sister at the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. We don’t know what happened to her, but word from others still living in our aunt’s light said that mother was sent to the moon. We miss her very badly… we pray that one day mother will return to us…’ It’s really a shame this is the book’s final chapter…” Sunset sighed, “...I wonder what happened to this lost colony… I hope they’re okay…”

She traced over the front cover in thought, recalling something about Vice-Principal Luna having once spent a bit of time in jail, and then was released for good behavior, and there she was now.

“Hmm… I guess this world has more parallels to Equestria than I thought. And yet… there’s no alternate me… and there’s no alternate Twilight…” Sunset stated, as she pondered where those two were.

She then shrugged it off before placing the book back into her bag when she saw Applejack walk on by, and then waved at her before the farmer saw her.

“Howdy there Sunset,” Applejack waved, “How’re ya doin’?”

“Pretty good. Where are you off to?” Sunset asked.

“Um… I’m heading to a special Holiday Apple Family Reunion. First time Pinkie and her family are here fer it,” Applejack informed.

“Oh yea, because you only recently found out that Pinkie Pie is your fourth-cousin-twice-removed,” Sunset shrugged.

“Yea… that’s true,” Applejack nodded, “Hey… uh… Ah’ve invited all of mah friends over the years to these… do ya wanna come with me?”

“Really? Uh… sure,” Sunset nodded.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy and Posey had arrived at a jewelry store… or rather, re-arrived at it, with Fluttershy looking at a certain item in her hands.

“...Sunset… I really hope you like this…” Fluttershy smiled.

“Well… I hope she does too. And I’m not just saying that because this gift drained us of almost the last of our Christmas funds,” Posey informed, “So… what’s left for her?”

“Uh… oh! It’s an item on the list… ‘Number Five, Get a plushie of a Luma from SMG’.” Fluttershy informed.

“SMG? That’s… Super Mario Galaxy, right?” Posey checked.

“Yea. It was the first game she played.” Fluttershy informed as they headed outside.

“You know, I still honestly can’t believe you all snooped through her assignment… and all just to make her day better,” Posey replied.

“Sorry… but… I think we can give her the best Christmas ever if we do…” Fluttershy responded.

“Do you think she even knows?” Posey asked next, “And… just a curiosity’s sake question. Do they even celebrate Christmas over where she’s from? Have carols? Have turkey, ham, or other things for a Christmas dinner? Opening presents on the big day? Have stories like that of say… A Christmas Carol, Rudolph or The Polar Express? Have a Santa pony?”

“Okay… to the question of her knowing… I have no idea. Next, they do have carols, I don’t think they eat meat… they are ponies after all… they do have gifts, I don’t know about those tales… and I’m not sure about a Santa-pony…” Fluttershy responded.

“I see… so… do you know if Sunset thinks of me as part of her own little clique?” Posey asked.

“...Maybe… I’m not sure…” Fluttershy shrugged, “It’s possible that… if she has her own clique, it’d be you, Coco, Lightning, her, Vinyl and Sonata…”

Posey gave a shrug at that before she smiled and hugged her cousin.


Applejack and Sunset walked through the festivals, seeing there were a variety of apple treats being made, some games and even some rock-candy necklaces being sold.

“Pie Family?” Sunset asked.

“Most likely,” Applejack figured, when Sunset stopped and noticed one of those games where someone threw a ball at milk bottles, and among the prizes for this one, was a plushie of a Luma.

“...wow!” Sunset giggled, hurrying on over to it.

“You wanna go round at the game?” the stand vendor, Apple Fritter, asked before Sunset handed him a dollar, “Alright, just knock over more than five, and you win a prize!”

“Gotcha,” Sunset nodded, being handed three baseballs, before she threw one and knocked over two bottles, “At least four more to go.”

Next, she tossed another ball, knocking over three more bottles. She smirked and tightened her focus, before tossing and… missing.

“Oh… sorry kid. You can try again later,” Apple Fritter told her when Pinkie was skipping on over, followed by her sister.

“Oh… hi Pinkie, hi Maud,” Sunset waved.

“Hiya Sunny!” Pinkie waved.

“...Hi,” Maud answered in a monotone voice, as she placed a dollar bill for the game, “I’ll try…”

And then, with just one throw, she knocked over a total of 10 bottles! Sunset gawked at this, and then looked over to the Luma plushie.

“Maud… get the Luma plushie there!” Pinkie told her sister, who simply nodded and took it, before handing it to Pinkie, who in turn, handed it to Sunset, “This is for you.”

Sunset just gawked before she hugged the plushie and proceeded to hug Pinkie. As Sunset did that, Applejack quickly checked off number five on their list.


“Oh? They managed to get the Luma plushie… which means we can leave this store,” Fluttershy informed Posey, the two of them in a store purely meant for Nintendo merchandise.

“Thank you… I’m getting so sick of this song!” Posey shouted, as she dashed out.

“Yea… Super Mario 1 stage one theme… gets old after it’s been on an endless loop…” Fluttershy admitted.

And with that, they just left, happy to get out of the store before Posey took out her phone and dialed up Sunset.

-You won’t believe what just happened!- Sunset informed.

“Uh… what?” Posey asked.

-Pinkie’s sister won me a Luma Plushie over at the Apple Family Reunion.-

“Congrats.” Posey smiled, “Hey… I have something set up for you and itoko-chan… so be home by 8:30 tonight, okay?”

-Gotcha.-


Sunset and Fluttershy waited a bit, waiting outside the latter’s house when they heard some bells jingling.

“Santa? Wait… he’s early by 6 days,” Fluttershy pointed out when they looked and saw a horse-drawn sleigh.

“Fluttershy Koharu? Sunset Shimmer?” the sleigh-driver, who turned out to be a girl with pink skin, purple eyes, pink, purple, and yellow hair, and wearing a black sweater, black boots, and brown skirt asked, surprising the two before she smiled at them, “I was hired to give you two a sleigh ride from here to the Christmas tree in the center of town tonight. Hop on in.”

Both girls giggled, happily boarding the sleigh before the sleigh-driver cracked her whip and the horses took off, with Sunset and Fluttershy both smiling, enjoying the ride and their time with each-other. They watched as the lights went by them and Fluttershy took pictures of their ride.

Sunset couldn’t help but slip her hand into Fluttershy’s, the two blushing a bit as they enjoyed their ride.

Author's Note:

How romantic. The Sunshy romance is spreading. Sure hope this works well.

Pika and I own nothing.