• Published 2nd Dec 2014
  • 3,055 Views, 7 Comments

Redemption - Cameron Nightshade



There are 6 Elements of Harmony. Or are there?

  • ...
2
 7
 3,055

Redemption

Twilight Sparkle sat in the library of her new home, reading over some books about new spells that she wished to learn. Suddenly, a book vibrated next to her. Twilight turned and smiled. She knew that Sunset Shimmer wanted to talk. She levitated the book near her, and began to read:

Dear Princess Twilight,

Thanks for all of you answers for my past questions. I just have one more. We all know that there are 6 Elements of Harmony. You, and the rest of the gang control those Elements. Then why did I ‘pony-up’? I’m not an Element, at least I think. I doubt that I did that because of ‘the power of friendship’ like the rest of the girls are saying. It just didn’t seem like it. By now, I’m almost positive that there is another Element out there. If just being part of the band is what gets us to pony up, then why didn’t Vinyl Scratch do it as well?

Best Wishes,

Sunset Shimmer

Twilight set the book down, and thought for a moment. Sunset did make a point, it just didn’t seem logical. Twilight wrote a quick reply, and headed off to Canterlot to get some answers

Twilight walked into the large Throne Room, and walked towards Princess Celestia. “Twilight, what brings you here today?” Celestia asked as Twilight walked up.

“I was wondering about the Elements of Harmony,” Twilight asked her.

Celestia looked puzzled. “What do you mean?”

Twilight looked around, and sheepishly looked at the older princess. “Is there more than 6 Elements of Harmony? It’s just, while I was going through the portal last time, Sunset Shimmer did what the rest of my friends did- she became part pony. Only the Elements have done that, when they are together, at least. It just doesn’t add up,” Twilight said.

Celestia sighed. “Come, Twilight. I must show you something,” the two of them walked out of the room together. After a little bit of walking, they came upon a room. Celestia lit up her horn and opened the door.

When the door opened, there lay only a glass case. Filled with broken crystals.
“Princess, what is that?” Twilight asked as she walked forward to investigate.

“The 7th Element of Harmony: Redemption. It was destroyed not long after Nightmare Moon’s defeat many moons ago. But anyway, neither Luna or I could wield it, because we have never redeemed ourselves for something. That is why there are only 6 known Elements. Luna nor I ever wielded that one,” Celestia explained. “I had always figured that somepony would be able to take that Element and wield it, however that was not the case. Since it had broken, it had lost its power. Or so I had assumed.”

Twilight looked at the red-orange crystals. “So when Sunset let the magic of friendship into her heart, she redeemed herself?”

“That would be correct. I do not think there is a need for the 7th Element of Harmony here. It would seem like you and your friends have been faring quite well. Also, I don’t believe that Sunset Shimmer will come back anytime soon. It is good to know that that Element does work.”

“Thank you, Princess,” Twilight said to her ex-mentor as she walked out of the door. When she got out of the palace, she flew home to write to Sunset.

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

It would seem that you are correct. I don’t know how you figured it, but you did. There is a 7th Element of Harmony. It’s called: Redemption. Only a pony, or person, who had redeemed themselves from something huge would be able to wield it. Princess Celestia nor Princess Luna could wield it, since they never redeemed themselves. I guess that Luna could wield it now, but since the Elements are connected to me and my friends, it wouldn’t work out too well. Anyway, it would seem that you would be the one to wield that Element. Don’t worry, you don’t have to come back here and save the world. We have that handled.

Sincerely,

Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight put the book down. She levitated another book near her, and looked for the publisher of the book. “Canterlot Publishing and Co. 1435 East Cloud Rd.” Twilight decided that she should take a little trip there to get some books updated.


Sunset Shimmer looked down at her book. She still didn’t know what to call it. However, she had found out that she was right. She was an Element of Harmony. A somewhat dead one, but she was still an Element. “Hey girls! Over here!” she yelled waving her hand, gesturing them over.

The girls walked over and asked why they were called over.

“Remember when I had told you that I thought that I was an Element of Harmony? Well it turns out that I was right. I’m the Element of-”

“Redemption. It’s an old element that basically no one knows about except the ruler of that world, and now Twilight you and us. No one could fill that Element so the Element eventually died, however the magic inside it, didn’t completely die. It still works, however no one wields it. Their world is still fine without anyone wielding it, since no one has been able to wield in like, forever!” Pinkie quickly cut in.

“Pinkie, how you know all this is beyond me. But yeah. There is a 7th Element of Harmony. I told you I thought I was. And I was right,” Sunset smiled.

“So you are the first one to be able to wield this Element?” Rarity asked.

“Apparently. However, there haven’t been many ponies who have been able to wield any of the Elements. So far it’s only been Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and the counterparts of all of you. It’s pretty cool, to be honest. To be the first one to be able to wield an Element,” Sunset said.

“Are you going to have to go back to Equestria?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“No. Equestria has never had that Element to help, since no one could use it. If I want to go back, I could. But I don’t think I will be going anywhere, any time soon,” Sunset grinned.

Author's Note:

Short one-shot that I came up with on the spot because of multiple Youtube Comments saying " Sunset is probably the 7th element or something!!" or of that likelihood.
So yeah. Wrote this. Hope you liked it!

Comments ( 7 )

I've always thought forgiveness fit better, but this is also good.

there should be more

5926275
Sunset's wiki/Wikia page states that she is the Element of Redemption.

Tbeh, I've not seen one of her with the Element of Forgiveness, so I'm not ruling it out. 😁

Twilight set the book down, and thought for a moment. Sunset did make a point, it just didn’t seem logical. Twilight wrote a quick reply, and headed off to Canterlot to get some answers

I really wish when eqg still aired this question got answered since it still bugs me why we never found out why.

“The 7th Element of Harmony: Redemption. It was destroyed not long after Nightmare Moon’s defeat many moons ago. But anyway, neither Luna or I could wield it, because we have never redeemed ourselves for something. That is why there are only 6 known Elements. Luna nor I ever wielded that one,” Celestia explained. “I had always figured that somepony would be able to take that Element and wield it, however that was not the case. Since it had broken, it had lost its power. Or so I had assumed.”

It's probably the best theory we got as to how sunset is capable to pony up since the battle of the bands.

“Redemption. It’s an old element that basically no one knows about except the ruler of that world, and now Twilight you and us. No one could fill that Element so the Element eventually died, however the magic inside it, didn’t completely die. It still works, however no one wields it. Their world is still fine without anyone wielding it, since no one has been able to wield in like, forever!” Pinkie quickly cut in.

Sometimes I'll never understand how pinkie does that.

The 7th element aka the Hidden element is known by many names
Empathy, compassion, redemption, and Forgiveness
The 7th element is not required but it gives the others strength as it is not necessary for a lasting friendship
But it makes a friendship stronger

Login or register to comment