• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 3,246 Views, 134 Comments

A Sparkle In The Guard's Eye - Fe94Knight



After much consideration, Princess Celestia has informed Princess Twilight that she will be getting a personal guard to have in Pony Ville. Though with some meddling of a certain princess... it turns out to be the guard she would never believed.

Comments ( 30 )

5595707 what can I say? I love RVB.

Almost as many ups as downs wtf?

5638487 Meh... Look at my bio. Not a writer by profession. As far as I'm concerned, as long as one person can go "I enjoyed that", then it was worth it. Were you expecting more dislikes?

5638582 Switch the almost as many ups as downs for almost as many downs as ups
But no last time I saw this many likes and dislikes in an almost equal ratio was a fetish thing that was quite.... exotic in taste

5638603 all that matters is, did you enjoy it (even in the slightest bit).

5639608 Good to know :raritywink: (in the best way possible)

One of the best Flashlight stories I've read. You should be proud of yourself with the amount of amazing details you put into this story. I give you the bullet of approval

5660362 very much appreciated :twilightsmile:

5675203 not bad I'll say, though having the title in there would be nice. I appreciate the pic though :raritywink: sorry kinda drunk while looking at this.

Well for myself I am a huge FlashLight fan and this story blew my mind away!
It is so well written I can't describe it and how good it is.
Please write more stories with your kind of talent!

5868505 not gonna lie, its not the best story (... Duh). I'd Love to get an editor at some point to improve it, or try harder to do it myself. I just don't have the time anymore from my schedule. Oddly enough I never planned on posting this story, I typed it up in my off hours (when I had them) for the kicks... But hey if you know any good editors (specifically Flashlight fans) I'd happily accept the help.

Always love a good FlashLight fic. Glad I could find one that wasn't just straight clop but great character development and a wonderful romance that was expertly written. Aside from the Grammer issues which took nothing away from the story you get a good 9/10 from me keep writing loved the story.

5935397 Glad that you enjoyed it. I'll say that grammar has always been an issue of mine, but even in other stories I would ignore it, provided that the storyline itself is sound.

To those of you who took the time to read (liking it, disliking it, or just killing a little time here and there), thank you. It's been fun.

Yes, it has been fun. No, don't thank me. Thank you, for making such a great story.

5936830 I mean this in the most calm voice I can muster...PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL, PLEASE!!!!!!!:raritystarry::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::yay:

6194749 If I did make one, it wouldn't be for a while... Job takes up a lot of the time, and in the off hours I don't have the "drive" to write at the moment. I have had a few other readers give suggestions for a sequel, and if I get to do it, it will be up on the site :raritywink:

6194802 Understandable, I mean with work and stuff, that kinda almost makes the writing drive diminish. As far as timing, we'd likely have no choice but to wait (believe me, it took me FOREVER to write the sequel to my story 'Moondance's Lullabye' because of school and my medical emergencies). So, whenever you do make one, we'll all be relieved.:pinkiesmile:

6196361 I don't know if you might have seen this already, http://www.fimfiction.net/story/247435/the-eyes-are-blind

But it is sorta a sequel.

6196410 No I didn't see, thnx for the link.:heart:

It's a great story, loved it.

Though I have noticed that you confused since with sence. And you might have accedently spelled Pegesy instead of Pegasi. But over all it was and is a great story. :yay:

6447255 Not focused on it, but you see it.

6391058 in lamans terms, its just like you're average sword. I didn't put that much detail in to it, because its not how you talk about something that makes it count, but how you use it. And Flash uses it quite nicely.

6635221 I'm gonna take that as a complement :twilightsmile: good song too

The only flashlight story you will ever catch me reading.

7576604 To be completely honest, when I first typed it out I didn't realize it. Though as I went through the story more to try and edit it (considering I was the only one that did any proof reading, and read through it about four times at that), I realized where it came from. However, I thought it was a nice little reference, so stuck with it.

Somehow, no matter how many times I re-read this story, it never ceases to amaze me on how much detail you put into this. I love it!

8779848
Thank you! :raritywink: as far as I was concerned, if so long as one person loved it, I'd be happy. I appreciate the compliment.

I really love this story. I personally like this style of writing: A great story with a little clop to spice things up.

So why is there so much hate? (1/3 of the votes are downvotes.)
I can only really think of 2 possible reasons:

  1. Havoc's death. While I can understand why people might be turned off on that (plot was a little weak there), this story makes up for it in so many ways.
  2. Flashlight haters. Oh, c'mon. Do not hate a story just because it contains a Flashlight ship. You should only dislike a story if it is actual garbage (Plot REALLY sucks/is super generic, little effort put in, etc), not just because you don't like a character/character combination. If you don't like a certain ship, don't sail on it.

This is a great story. It doesn't deserve the hate.

9350756
9350756
Thank you for that :twilightsmile: very good feed back and I can respect it. I did stretch it a bit with Havoc meeting an untimely end (when I first made him and his sister from the start I knew I wanted something to happen to one of them actually). That said, looking back on it I should have done things a little differently (i.e. him being seriously injured). I think what happened to his mom would have been enough to put that fire of anger and hate in the Discord and those that surround him.

As for the flashlight haters, very good point. I knew people would hate it simply for that. The biggest reason I've gotten of why people don't like Flash is that it kinda turns Twilight in to the generic "princess with a knight in shining armor." So I tried to make her be just as capable in being able to defend herself (like we've seen in the show), even if she didn't have him around.

That said I set out writing any of these stories with the idea that if even one person enjoys them, then I've done well. I'm glad you've liked it :raritywink:

(If you'd like to see a little more of this story, a somewhat "sequel" check out The Eyes Are Blind)

Login or register to comment