• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 755 Views, 25 Comments

The Sane and the Lost - Sky Blue CMC



With co-writing and cover art by Lord Sylus of Night, this story involves a pair of... eccentric human twins, who were born in an asylum. One of them, left behind as they try to escape, he meets a girl named Pinkamena Diane Pie who sees the future...

  • ...
3
 25
 755

Chapter VI: The Mystery of Pony Hollow

I heard my new friend say that name again, brother Sy still unconscious, and wondered when Pinkie Pie would even enter the room. Nice as it was of Fluttershy to allow the four of us (including herself) to sleep in two adjacent rooms instead of our own respective ones, I still didn't trust her. Carrying us three, one at a time, WITHOUT Rarity, was impossible for my semisomnate nearly identical twin brother to bear. He was muttering something about "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and, at the same time, screaming "BLOODY MURDER!!!!" (not literally, but essentially...) about a girl he met in a dream. The SAME night before last! How did his dreams shift from THAT pleasant to THAT horrendous in thirty-nine hours? I don't even want to remember THAT!

Please don't ask me any "fourth-wall-breaking" type questions, and please don't laugh, but I had the SAME EXACT dream sequence last night. Maybe it's because we're twins, or maybe the dreams are a product of Dash's imagination, but I thought two more nights is too long to stay in one place, so I went to Sylus's room, number five-seven-six-four. (fifth floor, same floor as my room, five-nine-six-three)

I decided to read a few of the books he's been telling me about, and I found out that he never returned any of them! Good luck for me, I suppose, but there's something fishy about a book of his I found. It's called The Mystery of Pony Hollow and it's about a young girl who didn't believe in ghosts until after she met one. A pony ghost in a human world. Who would have thought about it?

I had nothing to do but read, so I stayed up all night, reading the same book over and over again. I must have read it twelve times that night. Every time I got to the part where the girl enters the barn, I felt shivers down my spine. Oddly enough, we twins have the SAME favourite book, which was about a pony ghost... if I remember correctly, which I probably DON'T! (I was usually drowsy when reading myself to sleep, but this time... nothing but bored!)

Having nothing better to do at all, I just... lay my head down to slumber... like, for instance... right now!

Author's Note:

Final spoiler until Spring 2016: In the next three cheeapters, (VII-VIII-IX) the twins go through the Equestrian Mirror (not the one that goes to CHS, but another one on planet Terrestria that leads to Equestria) and meet their pony counterparts, with Friendship Games Twilight and Spike following the light of the high-school EM to the Crystal Castle of Friendship.

Stay tuned! (I'll try to get the next chapter to you as soon as I can edit it from my co-author's version <G-Docs> to mine <Fimfiction Editor> and then publish it.)

Comments ( 1 )

8079005 Yeah. Clever girl, she was.

Login or register to comment