• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 900 Views, 11 Comments

EverFree Forest: The Awakening - Raichu



Every forest has a secret. Princess Luna is about learn Everfree's secret... whether she is ready to or not.

  • ...
0
 11
 900

Secrets

There was always something suspiciously evil about that Ever Free forest. The shadows loomed over Ponyville every day and night as the citizens would constantly avoid that forest. Something about it was scary. Monsters roamed the woods wildly and the plants grew by themselves. The forest would curse or hurt anypony to come in contact with it. Yet the better question, was why was it there?

Celestia could have easily burned it, but she didn’t. In fact, no one questioned its uses. Nobody cared, they only cared enough to stay away from it and that was that. There was nothing to it. Was there?

Perhaps the forest had a purpose. Perhaps it had a secret that if discovered, could change life as everypony knew it.

Luna knew something. She was Princess of Night and Princess of Dreams. Something about that forest made her want to explore it out of curiosity. To know why it was there. Mentioning it to her sister did no good for her sister had no answer. It was absurd. None of the history books talked about it. No one in Ponyville knew about this forest. And yet… it intrigued her.

Stepping into the dark forest, Luna looked around. It was too quiet as if the forest knew she was there. It was waiting as if the forest could sense her presence. It was watching. It felt good.

Luna took another step. A branch crunched under her hoof. Nothing.

It was nighttime and everypony should have been asleep. So Luna sighed and walked into the forest. Everything was silent and Luna was too. She kept going.

A stream. A patch of poison joke. A tree. Those were all normal. Why then did it feel like something was wrong? Then she noticed it. By the stream, was a fine layer of blood.

Luna ran over for a look. It was definitely blood. It had the smell and the look. Something happened here. The blood ran off into the stream, making the water a slight pink color. She looked to her right. The trail of blood went deeper into the forest. She followed the trail.

It led her through parts of the forest she had never seen before. True, she had never been there, but it wasn’t anything major to think about. There was still the blood. Still she followed the blood trail until she came to a cliff.

She must’ve come far to see this, because she didn’t remember this cliff here before. Looking around, she noticed something. The blood took a turn. At the turn, there was a lot more. She followed the blood trail along the side of the cliff until it stopped. She gasped and flinched.

On the forest floor was a pony. She had a dark pink coat. Her mane stuck out everywhere and so was her tail. Both her mane and tail were a light blue and black color. Her eyes were tightly shut as if she was in pain. Her cutie mark were three white feathers. Blood flowed in a pool at her side where a large gaping wound opened up. But the strangest thing that Luna had noticed was that she was an alicorn.

Her wings seemed broken but Luna realized that the forest had been keeping secrets from her. This was its secret. She wondered if the pony was even alive. Then she noticed that she was breathing very slowly.

She instantly performed a healing spell and healed the wound. She floated the pony up onto her back and turned around. The pony’s eyes opened and she looked toward Luna tiredly.

“Who are you?” She groaned.

“I’m Luna.”

“Which Luna?”

There was only one Luna as far as Luna knew. Maybe she was joking?

“Um. Me? Princess of the night? Princess of dreams?”

“Was there a Daymare Sun?”

“No.” She replied back. This pony was weird.

“Ok. So I’m back home. I can’t remember what happened after my spell. I guess it went wrong.” She muttered.

“I’m going to take you to a hospital ok?” Luna asked.

“Ok.” She replied. “Where are we?”

“The Ever Free Forest.”

“Ah. Alright then.”

“You know this place?”

“Sort of. I don’t know if you’d understand or believe me so I think that I’ll just…OW!”

Luna had bumped into something without realizing it. That jolted the pony on her back and re-opened her wound. Luna looked back at her and healed it. Then she walked out into Ponyville. She then walked straight towards the nearest hospital.

***

Luna sat inside the room while the doctors fixed her up. Once they all left her, she walked up to the patched up alicorn who was staring at the ceiling, humming.

“Are you ok?” Luna asked. She looked at Luna and nodded.

“As alright as I’ll ever be. I suppose they won’t let me out until I’m completely better.”

“May I have your name?” Luna asked.

“Sure. The name’s Violet Swan.” Violet said.

“Ok. So if I may ask, why are you an alicorn? Or how are you an alicorn?” Luna asked.

“Uh? I don’t know. I guess I was always like this.”

“For how long?”

“Uh? You know I don’t keep track of time really well. I’m not sure.”

“If I may ask, how did you get hurt?”

“That’s not a story you’ll believe.” She muttered.

“Why not?” Luna raised an eyebrow.

“Because it starts from when I was born. And my life story isn’t anything anyone cares about. All I get called is freak.” She whispered with tears dripping down onto her sheets. “So as soon as I’m all better, you can get back to raising that little moon of yours Luna. I’m going back…”

“No.” Luna had no idea what she was saying or what she was going to do. “I’ll believe you. You just have to talk to me.”

“I doubt it. That Celestia! I tried to get in to see her but those guards and now I…”

“Just talk to me.” Luna said and walked up to her bedside. “I’m not going to call you a liar.”

“I was born in the forest. I don’t know if maybe my parents abandoned me, but I woke up in the forest as an alicorn filly with no memory of my past. I was raised by the forest.” She explained.

“What do you mean?” Luna asked.

“The monsters felt sorry for me I guess, and they teamed up and raised me together. There was father Timberwolf who taught me to never be afraid and to live off the forest and to trust my instincts. Mama Manticore taught me to read and write. She also got me my cutie mark and taught me how to fight for myself. Daddy um… whatever he was taught me to blend in with my surroundings. And mom taught me who I was and how to control my power.” Violet explained slowly. “After that, I tried to leave the forest and make friends with ponies like mom said. But they only called me a freak.”

She must have been alive for a long time because Luna thought back to the last time she was called a freak and it was a long, long, long time ago.

“I went back into the forest. But I wanted adventure. So I did go on an adventure. I made new friends and I had fun. But then after a mishap with a spell I ended up back here. If you hadn’t found me, then I would have been dead. Mom and dad of the forest were gone. They’re probably dead because I’ve been gone so long.” She said. “By the way, who’s in power now?”

“My sister and I.” Luna replied bitterly.

“Cool.” She sniffed in happiness. “Cool.”

“Luna, why are you in the hospital?”

Luna turned around to see Celestia come in. She noticed Celestia’s gaze look over Violet Swan who stared back in fear.

“Violet Swan?”

Author's Note:

Do you guys want a sequel? I know I do, but I'm not sure if anyone else wants on. Either way, I hope you enjoyed my fun little story I made on my free time!

Comments ( 11 )

Very creative and unique I give you a fav cause I like it:pinkiehappy: and a mustache.:moustache: Ah heck i'll go head and give you a follow.

darn right I want a sequel, I'm already hooked on this story

I'm ready for another chapter! No! Five more chapters.

You can't leave a story with a hanger like that!! It's not kosher, cricket, or any other word of your choice! And you still left the intial question of what drove Luna into the forest unanswered! And what about the guards and Celestia's dealings with Violet?! There's too much going on to not continue!

Also, you might want to work on your pacing a bit. I realize to start a story you need a *bang* as it were, but you might have gone into a bit more detail with the feelings that Luna felt during the events that transpired and noticed from Violet Swan as they spoke.

5026434
I might do a sequel to answer some questions, if enough people want one.

5026457
Thanks for the advice. I need that.

I loved the ending. I will just give you a review. My opinion by the way.
No offence, but the story needs a bit more work on it. Sometimes when you explain stuff you don't give so much detail for example:

She had a light coat. Her eyes were tightly shut as if she was in pain. Her mane stuck out everywhere and so did her tail which were a light blue and black color.

You explain the pony extremely well but you never said what cutie mark she had.
As well as some punctuation issues:
Wrong.

The monsters felt sorry for me, I guess and they teamed up and raised me together.

Right.

The monsters felt sorry for me I guess, so they teamed up and raised me together.

Remember I am just helping you. I am no professional writer myself but I'm just pointing out the basic flaws you are having.
Use paragraphing, I had a problem with that on the two chapters of my first story. I recommend you read the writer guide if you haven't already. Oh and make sure this Alicorn OC isn't a Mary Sue. If you don't know what a Mary Sue is, again, I recommend reading the writer guide if you haven't already.
Despite the basic flaws the story idea is great and the ending is also great.
I liked the story, and if you are planning on making a sequel I would read that.
Please have a nice day, and you sure can expect me reading some of your stories.

5188180 Thanks for the advice!

5188454 No problem! I am happy to help!

Login or register to comment