• Published 23rd Sep 2014
  • 1,373 Views, 20 Comments

Sombra's Return: A Looming Storm Within A Horn - LoneUnicornWriter



Was the attack that Shining Armor endured simply a mere nullifying spell, or was it something more?

  • ...
3
 20
 1,373

Chapter 3

Sombra traveled up the stairs with great speed, crushing every stair he had passed.

He then reached the top area of the crystal tower, noticing the dark crystals used to trap the redeemer of the Crystal Heart. Sombra in his mind envisioned a time when he was able to look out at the green landscape and the few mountains that rose up beyond that. He had perfect imagery of this place a thousand years ago.

“I remember.” Sombra said as he walked up closer to the spot where the crystal had been placed. He slid his hoof along the dark crystals then quickly brought his hoof down onto them shattering the crystal’s into small pieces. He began thinking back and imagining a scenario with Spike running up the stairs and coming into the room, but he couldn't figure how he was able to get to it in such a short time.

He began to believe the idea that Spike some how found a way to use magic, but then it all fell to pieces upon remembering that Dragon are not magical; therefore making it impossible for him to use magic.

“I can't form a clear picture as to how this happened yet, but that failure will surely never happen again.” Sombra began “I will rule all of Equestria, and remain King for the rest of the ages, as the only equestrian being to have ruled all of Equis successfully. After I restore my body.

“But first I must bring this entire empire to its knees,” The now shattered dark crystals began circling about him, and a dark miasma had filled the entire room.

When the miasma cleared and left the small room it went down unto the Crystal Heart and grabbed it up along the castle into the room. With the love energy of the empire finally down and the source of it in Sombra's grasp, he looked down upon it and breathed out his dark breath which formed a dark aura around it entrapping it all from escaping.

“Now to make sure that nothing fails beyond this point,” he looked back at the Crystal Heart and hissed. Sombra walked closer to it and spoke in a guttural dark tone. “Que tots els que entren en convertir-se en un gripau.

The words that he spoke magically embedded themselves into the ground. The floor in response had formed an upside down pentagon under the floating crystal which was then encased around the dark crystals.

“Yes,” Sombra said a devilish smile creeping onto his face. “The base work is now complete. Now one more thing has to be done,” Sombra said as he stomped his hoof and darkness gushed out from the top of the room that ran outside and down all sides of the castle changing the design, as the remaining inhabitants of the castle were pulled into the darkness Sombra himself rose out of the darkness with a complete change of armor as did his loyal Dark Guards.

They all had dark gray coats with dark crystal armor, silver manes and tails. All of their personalities were changed, and their cutie marks changed to the symbol bearing the face of the dark overlord, Sombra.

Once the entire transformation of the empire was complete, he made his way out of the undercroft and reached his throne room. Walking over to his balcony he looked out at its vastness, and smiled. “Hmhmhm, this is the smell I remember. The smell of what I truly call, home.”

He laughed up at the dark clouds that roared with thunder and lit up at moments with lightning.

“Celestia, Luna, if you ever had the thought in your minds that I would be a memory within an old book or small tale then you both would be fools.”

“You may have trapped me for a thousand years, but I will have my vengeance upon you two and all of Equestria. This land will know of my presence, stallions and mares will tremble at my hoofs, and all who get in my way will relinquish their lives to me.” Sombra, having delivered his speech… to no one turned into his mist form and went back into his throne room to begin his plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sombra appeared within the throne room, walking out from a mist darkness. He walked on over to his throne where he sat down comfortably upon it. Two guards opened the doors, and a single guard entered.

Sombra watched as the guard took his bow and began to speak.

"My Lord, we have the princess."

"Bring her in," Sombra said, looking down at the guard as he sported a smirk.

"Bring the princess in!" the guard said in a loud voice. Two guards entered the room growling. They slowly walked down the black carpet with Princess Cadence held in chains, stopping just before King Sombra.

Cadence was in completely dismayed at what was happening. Up and chained in the middle of what was to be a normal night of rest turned into a dawn of darkness. Dirt patches, scratches, and a few bite marks on her legs from the tassel it took to get her in chains. She began to feel the cold air of darkness around her legs, causing her body to tremble.

"S-Shining Armor? It's me, Cadence, your wife," she said shaking slightly

"Oh no my dear, I am not your husband, but I am however the Crystal Empire's rightful ruler." Sombra responded with having on a sinister grin.

Cadence looked into the eyes of her beloved husband, the mist seeping out from the edge of his eyes, his horn sparking up dark energy. It was then she had released that it wasn't Shining Armor hosting the body she saw before her eyes.

"You? No… That can’t be true.” She said defiantly.

"Yes, but it is true my dear," Sombra said rising up from his throne. He then walked down before Cadence and smiled. "Oh, don't be so sad. You will come to like me soon enough," He began to walk around and gaze up at the ceiling "All this before you is only the start. What you see is change my dear and when change is going on with its course it may look a little... Strange at first but when it is complete," He breathed in with a bit of excitement "It will be just beautiful."

Cadence's body went into shock, looking down at the carpet tainted all over with the hooves of a nightmare. She wasn't sure if she was within a very terrible dream, or a hallucination. Either way all she wanted to do was wake up.

Sombra walked away as Cadence had remained frozen in pace; in her own world. The guard who seemed to be the leader said to the lesser guards, "Take her down into the chambers, and" His smile turned sadistic. "Re-educate her on the paradigm of the new age. And don't come up from under there until she has been fully ‘educated’ on it."

"Sir yes Sir." The guards responded, bowing their head to the ground. He tapped the carpet with his hoof and used magic to form an upside down pentagonal star mark. The mark had glowed, filling the room with a bright red. Soon Cadence and all the soldiers had disappeared from the room, and Sombra had looked back and smiled. Then exited the throne room.

Yes, the moment I have been waiting for he thought, walking out to the balcony over looking the empire. He watched down at his guards breaking into the homes of the crystal inhabitants, ripping them away from their precious sleep, beating them, whipping and chaining each of their hooves with the same cold and harshness of memories gone pass.

It was quite the uplifting thing for him to see. To witness his joy all over again, watching as his guards brung out his slaves to the space below the balcony. He saw the shock and horror in each of their eyes. They were too afraid to cry out for help. Their immediate hope had been stripped away from them and now was being used against them once more.

Sombra smiled when he heard some of them crying out for the help of the other princesses, to come and save them in the time of great need for saving. They soon would learn no pony or otherwise would come to save them.

This was what I wanted all along…

To control. Everything.

No pony will stand in the way this time, not even Celestia or Luna. This world will be under my hoof. This is the new age, and I will see to it that doesn't go any other way.

Sombra spoke in a loud voice and began his speech. "Inhabitants of the beloved Crystal Empire. Do not cry out for your petty Princesses. For they will not step foot on my empire. Your leader has returned and is here to stay, forever. I, King Sombra, will follow through with the original plan I had already in motion, and that is to take over all four corners of Equestria and them all under my hoof to rule over forevermore. You, my precious slaves, will be working on the rebuilding of my new capital, that is all.” Sombra finished with a smile then turned to his guards.

"Guards make them return to their homes. Destroy all of their resting places and dining areas. They won't be needing them. Hard work is what will be taking place from this day on. Every worker will return to the schedule I had before it was ruined by the royal sisters with only a few hours of rest and to eat, and all slackers will receive high punishments,"-Sombra raised his hoof up to the stars.-"The new age has began my minions. Rejoice, for your God has returned."

The guards raised their right hoof to the heavens praising their leader saying, "All hail, Lord Sombra! All hail, Lord Sombra! All hail, Lord Sombra!"

The guards had praised the name of their returned sovereign for the rest of that night. Sombra had made his return to openly known now throughout his reclaimed empire, silencing the royal rulers, and make his next move in bringing the entire land under his rule.

Author's Note:

To be continued...

Comments ( 7 )

This is awesome!

Oh hell! There is going at least some fight scene later on in the chapters and I can't wait to see/read them! Good Luck on the later chapters LoneUnicornWriter! :twilightsmile: :rainbowdetermined2: :pinkiehappy:

5424928 Thank you for taking time to read my chapters. I really appreciate your feedback very much.

5424951 Your Welcome! :twilightsmile: (Shining Armor is one of my Favorites by the way. :twilightsheepish:)

They all had dark gray coats with dark crystal armor, silver manes and tails. All of their personalities were changed, and their cutie marks changed to the symbol bearing the face of the dark overlord, Sombra.

Another repeat. :rainbowhuh:

Still good though. I look forward to more. :twilightsmile:

5431743
5431707 Fixed, and thank you for taking the time to read. :) I have just add one more chapter before going on into the next part of this story.

Hello:

I have really been enjoying your story, and I hope you will continue. I admit to apprehension, most people will find SOME reason for Sombra to lose, part of that is making Sombra so repugnant that well people WANT to see him lose. It woudl be nice to see..just once, a Sombra SUCCESS story. I'd like to see what he WOULD do.

I also admit to a very small disappointment that Sombra did not Seduce Cadence while in Shining Armor's form. While he may be a ruthless dictator It doesn't seem he would be beyond the enjoyment of a pretty filly, I am not asking you to go "X-rated" if that's not yer thing, but it could have implied what happened.

I was encouraged to see Sombra's plan working so FAR, especially what he did to the Crystal heart.

i continue to watch for your stories and I hope my comments were not out of line.

Login or register to comment