• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 851 Views, 2 Comments

Doctor Who-Brand New World - steel soul



This is the Tale of how the adventrous mare met an impossible stallion.

  • ...
1
 2
 851

Chatper Three

Doctor Who-Brand New World

Chapter Three

Canterlot, Restaurant District

6th of Summer C.R., 12:24 p.m.

Fleur was beginning to become at her wits end the longer she with the Mad Stallion

Both the Good Doctor and herself sat were sitting at a local restaurant awaiting the food the Doctor had ordered. The Doctor, a little while ago, had just stopped in the middle of some insane rant he was on and declared “I’M IN THE MOOD FOR SOME CARROTS!”

With a hop skip and a jump, mostly on his end, the pair of ponies sat at The Flower Shrub. She had watched as he fumbled with the menu all the while smiling like a foal in a candy store, ordering more than a few carrot based items that were upon it, to which, since he told her that he had no money, she would be paying for.

“There are just so many of you ponies!” The Doctor said smiling after having his order taken. “Big ones, fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones! Red, blue, green, yellow! Every color imaginable.” The stallion eyes widened as he looked to the sky. “Oh! And pegasi too! Flying ponies! Never thought I would see the day I would get surprised about something as…well…impossible as that.“ He looked back toward the mare. “And horns too. I would guess that having those mean you can do something as well, right? Right? Of course I’m right. So tell me what can you do?”

“You really don’t know do you?” Fleur asked raising an eyebrow. The Doctor just shook his head in confirmation. Fleur sighed before looking away. “We unicorns can do magic.” Giving him a demonstration, she levitated her menu toward him with a gentle glow of her horn.

The Doctor eyes widened. “Magic? You mean really real magic? I could have regenerated into something that can do magic?” He huffed and folded his hooves about his chest. “Why is it that I never get what I want!? Like being ginger! How come I couldn’t be a ginger unicorn with cool levitating powers as well?!” The Doctor hung his head down and shook his head mumbling under his breath. “Not ginger…not a unicorn…I never get what I want…”

The only bit of information that the mare could obtain was the first bit about regeneration. “Regenerated? What do you mean by that?” She paused as another thought popped into her head. “And aren’t we supposed to be talking about that dangerous thing you mentioned earlier?”

The Doctor looked toward her with wide eyes. “Oh! Right! Nearly forgot about that. Hmmm… Well I best first tell you about…well… me.” The Doctor coughed into his hoof to clear his throat. “Right. Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am…the Doctor, from the Planet Gallifrey.”

Fleur gave The Doctor a scrutinizing look. “You…You have got to be kidding me?” She scoffed. “The planet Gala-what? Are you saying you’re not from this world? Do you honestly expect me to really believe that you are an alien pony?”

“What?” The Doctor said looking affronted. “Of course not. Don’t be silly.” He paused and then said. “I’m not a pony I’m a Time Lord.”

“Oh…Ok…” She looked away from him towards the direction of the hospital. “Listen…if you need help I know a few good doctors that can…”

“Really? You really going to go there, after what you saw?” The Doctor accused, folding his hooves about his chest.

“If you’re talking about your Tardy-“

“TARDIS.”

“Whatever…If you talking about that invisibility spell you placed on it then you’re going to have to do better than that to convince me you’re not just crazy.”

“Invisibility spell you say?” The Doctor mused as he tapped his chin. “Hmm...I wonder…”

“Sir. The food you have ordered. it is done.” Said a waiter pony as he came to the table.

“Oh! Goody!” The Doctor cheered as he turned from a look of questioning to one of jubilation. “Right! Time to test out the new taste buds!”

Fleur watched as the Doctor happily popped a carrot piece into his mouth, a look of pure satisfaction playing upon his features. “Oh! Delicious! This is by far the best food in the universe! Why did I wait so long to try you my delicious fruit...or...vegetable...yes...vegetable of the land!

Fleur rolled her eyes before nibbling on a salad piece. “Don’t you think you should be takeing this more seriously? You yourself said that there is a monster running about who knows where in Equestria.”

“Oi! I am being serious. See?” The Doctor smiled. “But theres no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes.”

Fleur raised an eyebrow. “A philosophy you live by I presume?”

“Everyday I get a chance Miss Fleur...now...back to the matter at...heheh...hoof.”

“You mean the monster right? What is it? What does it want?”

“Right! Exposition time!” The Doctor closed his eyes before opening them again, a look crossed his face, one of both determination...and regret. “Before I came to your world, I was on a little planet called Obelisk IIV it was there that I met...It.”

“It?” Fleur asked as she placed her food down. “It who?”

“The Smooze.”

“The what?” Fleur asked as he deadpanned at him.

“The Smooze. A semi-sentient purple mass of sludge and death and general unhappiness.”

“That sounds...Unpleasant…”

“Indeed.”

“How did you meet this...this Smooze thing?”

“Well...I was on planet Obelisk IIV. It was one of the most beautiful planet’s within the Helix Nebula. Resort planet you see. Beaches all around, nice quite walks in the safest woods in all that galaxy. All and all a really great vacation spot.”

“Was?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Ah...You're quick. I like them when their quick.” He said with a wink. “Yes...It was...Until the Smooze. It had been there for quite some time before I came. Hiding within the dark. Growing its power every so slowly. I actually happened upon it by chance.”

“If you happened upon it by accident, how did you find out about it?”

“Well, like I said, aside from the death thing, it also has the ability to literally sap the happiness away from someone. Its why I thought things were strange on the planet. A place where everyone and everything was suppose to be having fun, and they were arguing hating and evening fighting each other. Heh...It wasn’t hard to figure out that something was afoot. Ahoof? Afoot-hoof?” He sighed. “By the time I figured out who and what it was, it was too late. It had began to seep from the ground, destroying the flora...fauna...and...the living beings.”

Fleur gasped. “T-Thats horrible…”

“Once again...indeed. The remaining beings fled into thier ships. But many of the muck must have stuck to the ships because quite of few of them were going down. I had thought all was lost...until I saw something interesting...You see-”

There was scream not too far away from where they were, making the Doctor’s ears flick and position themselves in the direction the noise came from.

“What the hey was that?!” Fleur yelled, standing from her seat.

“Heh...I do believe that, that is my cue.” He mused. “Come along Miss Fleur!” He jumped from the table, biting down on a carrot as he passed by the waiter.

“Wait! Doctor! Wait for me!” She threw a few bits onto the table before galloping after him. The white mare’s mind soon began to race as she thought about what she was doing. She was actually following this crazy stallion. Should have just left him then and there. She, however, did not, brushing past the crowd behind him as they made their way towards the front. When she was right beside him she asked him, “Doctor, what are you doing?”

Before the Doctor could respond a pair of spears suddenly blocked their path, both held by two burly stallions in golden armor.

“Halt! No civilians allowed past this point” One of them spoke in a commanding tone.

Fleur was about to back away but stopped when the Doctor approached the two stallions with with a skip. “Right! I think you’ve been expecting me.” The blue eyed stallion reached into his coat pocket, pulling out that strange leathery pouch he had placed in there before. “Lookths. Seeths?” He slurred.

The guard that spoke looked at the small piece of paper and widened his eyes. “A-A CPG?! Yes of course. Right this way.” To Fleur’s amazement both guards removed their spears so that he could pass. “Right at the end of the hall.”

The Doctor nodded and turned to face Fleur. “Coming assistant?” Without waiting for a response he trotted past the guards, making his way toward the back of the ally.

Fleur stood by for only a second, not really sure of what to make of what had just transpired, before racing after him. When she caught up she spoke in a quiet tone. “What the hey did you just show him? Why was he calling you a FPS?”

The Doctor smiled and pulled the pouch out. Opening it he showed her the piece of paper. To her surprise, it read something completely different. “A coupon for a free day at the spa? Wait! I…is that…That’s the same paper you showed the guard! How did…”

“Psychic Paper.” He answered after putting the object away. “It allows someone to see what I want them to see or whatever the one I’m showing it to wants to see.” He smirked held his head up high. “By the way...what's in CPG?”

“Celestia's Personal Guards! They are the highest authority next to the Princess herself!”

“Huh...hehe...Think I might have to use that one more than a few times…”

The pair of ponies, upon reaching the back of the ally, found four more of the royal guard nearby, talking amongst themselves in hushed tones.

“Didn’t I tell you to keep a leash on him!?”

“I-I did! He bit though it! And called me a name...a hurtful one...”

“Then why didn’t you subdue him?”

“Do you see a horn on my head?! I wasn’t getting anywhere near him with my bare hooves. If he bit through the rope he would bite though my legs!”

One of the guards turned to face the Fleur and the Doctor as they approached. “What are you…”

The Doctor flashed the paper again.

“A-A CPG?!”

“Yep! Yep! That’s me! CPG! Call me...Hmm...Noun,verb, noun, verb...Timepony! Yes...Timepony, aka the Doctor. Doctor Timepony as it were. In fact I would prefer if you just called me the Doctor thanks.” He motioned toward the mare beside him. “And this here is-“

“F-Fleur de lis?!” One of the guards called out.

The Doctor arched an eyebrow. “You…know her?”

“Of course!” The guard seemed to blush slightly in embarrassment. “I…She’s a famous pony model and actress…I seen all of her movies…”

Fleur looked away. Of course she would get noticed. Just because she was not in the spotlight doesn’t mean it isn’t following her. “It’s always good to meet a fan but right now…” She motioned toward the Doctor. “I am working with the Inspector.” She paused and added for good measure. “Do you have a problem with that?”

The guards all shuffled in silence as they looked toward the mare. One stepped up and said what they all were thinking. “Miss Lis…It’s just that…Well...” He trailed off, looking away.

The Doctor grew serious. “Did someone die?”

The guard shook his head. “No...Nothing like that. We found a pony...and...well…”

Another guard spoke up, a frantic look to his face. “He’s being really mean!”

The Doctor blinked. “Really...Mean? Really...you had to...you know what nevermind.” He turned to Fleur. “It matches our targets MO exactly.” At her nod he turned to the other ponies. “So...where is this...hehe...Meanie?”

“A few of our unicorns are holding him down as we speek.” The first guard said with a salute.

“Right!” He rubbed his hooves together. “Time for some inspecting! Tally-Ho!”

~

It saw many beings happy as he peeped from its hiding place.

It hated happy.

It traveled underground, within the sewers. It had fed well before. It was stronger.

But not strong enough.

It was aware that he would come for him. It was not ready yet. It needed to grow. become strong. The beings within this world are happy. It would use them for its feeding. It would destroy them all before it was done.

It knew what it needed to do...what it was designed to do.

But first it needed to destroy him.

“D-Doct-tor…”

It slowly made its way down the dark pathway.

It would wait. Until it was too dark to see.

It could see in the dark.

They could not.

It would feed then.

It would grow.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment