• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 7,075 Views, 164 Comments

Humans Ain't So Bad - sgtnolisten



Why does everyone hate humans? A Q&A style story explaining that humans aren't so bad.

  • ...
11
 164
 7,075

Rules

Humans ain’t so bad 2

It had been three days since that letter had appeared on “Jake’s” laptop, and with it, the knowledge that he would be the host for a fanfic that he came up with, at the same time his co-author/boss/AU self came up with. Three days filled with getting Pinkie settled in with necessary utilities (toothbrush, comb, stuff like that), him researching how to successfully live off of a vegetarian diet for while she was there, and getting groceries for the both of them (which surprisingly lacked the amount of sugary sweets that he was expecting from her wish list).

He wasn’t giving up the meat flavored ramen though…

Today though, he dedicated to finding out how his brother-from-the-same-yet-different-mother boss rationally explained how Pinkie Pie got from her verse to his when he got back from work.

DON’T PANIC PEOPLE!!! Sarge HAS in fact looked it up! The Words “rational” and “Pinkie Pie” CAN be used in the same sentence without the word “not” somewhere in between the two.

Said explanation was happening at that very moment in fact.

“I was walking (note: hopping) down the road to see if any of my friends needed any help for the day when I got a ‘needed for a fanfic’ combo: flappy left ear, achy back right hoof, twitchy tail, and squinty eyes. I was soooooooooooo happy that the last one was grinny smile and not shivery spine, cause that meant it was comedy and not dark!” She seemed to turn and look at a random wall in the room with a glare before continuing. “Which I am most disappointed at how many you all are making about us. Hmpf!” She ended by crossing her hooves and turning her head away with nose in the air.

Jake wanted to speak up in defense for some of them. In fact why shouldn’t he- oh no, wait, that withering glare Pinkie just gave him after thinking that might have made him reconsider on that front.

“Well, then I heard I was needed, and then I was here!” She finished with a smile.

Wait. No portals of light or inescapable pulling through a dark tunnel of infinite abyss?

“That’s it?”

“What, did you expect jumping universes involved portals of light or being pulled through a dark tunnel of infinite abyss? Puh-leez, interesting and cool as that may be, that’s only in the movies.”

“Well, it does make sense…”

“Of course it does, I’m Pinkie Pie!”

“And that doesn’t. Which, oddly enough, makes perfect sense… My head hurts.”

The music from “Avast Octavia’s Plot” started playing from Jake’s laptop, drawing their attention to the supposed to be off machine.

“Is that supposed to happen?” Pinkie asked as they both stared at the object.

“Nope, but this has happened before. Must be Boss’s way to draw attention to a message.” He went over and sat down in front of the desk before messing with the touch-pad to wake it up. Sure enough, the screen brightened to show Word on the screen and Google Chrome open in his task bar.

The message was a short couple of sentences, and it confused the hell out of him.

Check out how the fic is doing.

Jake understood that part, but the stuff after it seemed almost as random as lightning strikes, only because nothing can be as random as Pinkie Pie.

“And that’s a fact!” She suddenly shouted.

A little over 48 hours. One to what looks like a Japanese website. No. Check for yourself.

“That’s a little… weird? Eh, nothing I can’t handle.” Shrugging those last lines off, he minimized the word document, to see, lo and behold, a story with his Angry Marine frown Avatar next to a story. Details started piling up after that.

“Wooow, 48 positive to 2 negative thumbs, 76 favorites, and 77 reviews in 2 days? Cool!”

“Wait, what do you mean 2 days?”

“‘A little over 48 hours’, duh!”

“…How did I miss that?... Well, following that line of thinking, my next question would have been ‘did anyone give reference for this?”

“’One to what looks like a Japanese website.’ What are Japanese?”

“An ethnic group that have an amazing history and are the weirdest people in some things (… Hentai -_-‘). So after that, I’d ask ‘did anyone ask a question?’”

“’No’.”

“No? What do you mean no?”

“’Check for yourself.’”

He did so. Scrolling down to read the reviews and comments, systematically reading through them, they made comments along the way.

Th4t Dark c0rner seems to be a person of few words, though I wonder if that ‘hehe’ was a good laugh or bad.”

“Oh it was a good one.”

“How can you tell?”

“Hellooooo, Element of Laughter?”

“D’oh!”

Further down.

“A good conversation.”

“Thank you Bloodpool and JJ Malcolm!” She waved happily.

“Whoops, missed hyourei in the middle of it there. Let’s see what he has to say…”

"it is well within our power to destroy our civilization and perhaps our species as well. If we capitulate to superstition or greed or stupidity we could plunge our world into a time of darkness deeper than the time between the collapse of classical civilization and the Italian Renaissance. But we are also capable of using our compassion and our intelligence, our technology and our wealth to make an abundant and meaningful life for every inhabitant of this planet." -Carl Sagan

“…I want to kiss hyourei for that one.”

“Woah there lover-boy, leave romance for the real life.”

Further down.

“Wow, a little harsh against Jason don’t you think, Bloodpool? Oh, wait, Boss has already taken care of that.”

“Still something a Meanie Grumpypants would do,” Pinkie pouted. Seriously, don’t get Pinkie pouting, that’s a view that’s hard to take! See?

Further down.

“Wow, such an articulate online voice.”

“No kidding! There’s no way Rarity wouldn’t love such a classy colt like Baul!”

“The correct term is guy, Pinkie.”

“Colt.”

“Guy.”

“Colt.”

“Guy.”

“Colt.”

“Colt.”

“Guy.”

“Colt.”

“Guy.”

“Colt.”

“I say its guy, and that’s final!”

“Very well Pinkie. You win.”

“…Hey wait a minute!”

He smirked as he said, “Moving on. I’ll need to check that link later.

They kept going further and further down, to the bottom of the list. Good or bad, all of them made him happy, especially the discussions going on, but he frowned when none of them had what he’d been looking for. Seemed that they all had missed the subtle clue about how this was going to be written.

The word document opened itself on his screen once more but with new text.

Which is the reason why this chapter will be about explaining the “rules” of this story.

Missed subtle hints, do it directly.

“Hey Pinkie, could you teach me how to break the 4th wall?”

And what’s more direct than Pinkie’s style?

“Oh breaking it is easy. Just turn to a random direction and start talking. Trust me, they’ll know *wink*. It’s getting through it that’s the hard part. Why this one time, in band camp I-.”

By this time Jake had pulled out a remote and clicked the mute button at her direction. She’s still moving and talking, but no sound is being made, and she doesn’t even notice the change.

“Oh sweet! That actually worked!” His grin turned hesitant as he looked at a wall to the side. “Well, this is going to be awkward…”

He cleared his throat before starting.

“This story is meant to be a ‘you question, I answer’ kind of thing, but by trying to make it entertaining to read and easy to follow. I prefer that you keep your questions specific and easy to understand. Don’t be broad and ask something like ‘What are your thoughts on religion?’ I will have to reply to something like that with ‘Which religion and what about it?’ IF I reply at all.

“There are hardly any restrictions on what you may ask. The only restriction is that you don’t ask about wars that have happened in the past century or about the entire idea of war in general. Me and the Boss will leave those kinds of questions for the last few chapters, and either him or me will announce when we will be taking them.

“When I say specifics, I mean add names, dates, and titles when applicable. If you ask something about the Pope, I need to know who you are asking my views on, and I will answer as best I can if I know much about them. If dates and things like that can’t be applied for the topic, then something that can be used to focus my discussion needs to be used. Like if you asked “Do you think the Crusades were a waste of time?” I can work with that.

“I will be arbitrary in which questions I will answer. No real need to explain that.

“In short, this is a literary version of a tumblr blog without the pictures that they enjoy using. I am not a good artist TT.TT”

The music from the pmv “Avast Octavia’s Plot” played again. Word was opened once again.

For the people who are reading this story from other websites like Equestria Daily, or Fanfiction.net, while your reviews will be greatly appreciated and loved, I will only be taking questions asked from FIMFiction. I can’t keep up with multiple fronts like that. I’m sorry if this disappoints anyone.

“Boss has spoken. And with all of that said, I bid all of you a good day. I will see you next chapter post.” He clicked the mute button once more in Pinkie’s direction, who was still going on.

“-And that’s how Equestria was made! Any questions?”

“…Pinkie Pie, you are so random. Ah well. Come on and pull up a seat. I want to show you some of the biggest parties-“ Pinkie suddenly appeared right next to him on a chair and with the biggest grin you will ever see in the history of all time. “humans throw. Damn girl, you really are a party animal.”

“Does that even deserve a retort?” She asked humorously.

“No, I guess it doesn’t. Now then, first up is one that I learned about from a favorite movie of mine, called Carnival…”

Comments ( 64 )

Yes, I know it's been longer than what I listed in this chapter. Using the time given was convenient for me.

471280 ...:facehoof:... can we just count this as a "My bad, yo" moment and move on?:twilightblush:

If you'll excuse me, I must now go make a funny "Boink" sound for the next five minutes by banging my head against the wall for not thinking of doing that before hand.

In b4 cat discussions and irrelephant plot twists

Pinkie? Are you not yet aware of the previous profession of the writer? If not, how do you feel aboot it?

473506 Cat discussions? What do you mean by that?:rainbowhuh:

"Irrelephant plot twists?" What plot?:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Pinkie Pie! What did I tell you about schooling others in the art of Breaking the Fourth wall? do you want me to get the rubber chicken again? hm?
-_- Not THAT. When I say rubber chicken I don't mean rubber co- you know what? I give up. You can continue to beat the bloodied dead fish on the floor that is reason and logic for all I care.
#EDIT: hehe too subtle for you eh? well how about BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE IDEA OF THIS FIC IS SO BUCKING AWESOME IMMA EXPLODE NOW
*Boom*

473569 Ahhh, random perverted humor...:ajsmug:

Y U SO FUNNY?!?:flutterrage::rainbowlaugh::yay::trollestia:

473569 Oh! And Rage Quits too.:pinkiehappy:

473587 Well. In response I merely say this: Look into this Face :derpyderp2: If everything is not clear to you now then there is nothing I can do for you. I'm sorry

473605 :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Oh, stop man! Stop it!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

You're killing me!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::moustache:

473617 TREMBLE PATHETIC ONE. YOUR ABILITY TO WITHSTAND MY HUMOUR IS LAUGHABLE.
PUN INTENDED.
great. now i've used up all of my allocated upper case letters for the day.

473623 :ajbemused:

...Dude, I'm 20 years old, and I can be easily amused by baby toys. What the hell do you think comedy is going to do to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go prepare myself for the afterlife as I'm about to die of laughter.

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Oh, Deadpan war eh? Well good sir I return fire with a well aimed Castiel
[dallasstars4life.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/deadpan-parade.gif
ITS A FUCKING PARADE

473667
... Buck
If only you knew how much i loved his movies. Hot shots part Deux is probably my favouri- Pinkie Pie? what are you doing with that- that, um... pleasuring device? "I'll tell you why when you tell me the name of your Second cousin."
"Ben Dover, why did you need to know tha- oh."
"yep."
"well shit, Guess i better start running then eh?"
"Not that it'll do you any good but yes, yes you should."
*runs*

473687 That's it, I'm not talking to you for the rest of the night!:flutterrage:

You're going to cause me to rupture my spleen!:fluttercry:

...:trollestia:

473553 hopefully not the one where 'MERICA saves the day in equestria against COMMIE-NAZI-TERRORISTS :pinkiegasp:

Pinkie, what are your opinions on fedoras?

473553 Hopefully not the plot which involves 'MERICANS saving Equestria from sombiez.

Oh, and before anything else, HI PINKIE PIE WE SHOULD MAKE CUPCAKES AND PLAY TF2 SOMETIME.

473875 Pinkie sends along her greetings and agreement... as well as "NOBODY TOUCHES SASHA!!!"

Ooh Ooh Ooh Pinkie, Pinkie, Pinkie Ooh Pinkie! ... ... ... Space
images.wikia.com/halo/images/9/90/343.JPG
#EDIT: Oh sarge you treat me so fine :pinkiesmile:

474033 ...What... have you DONE???:raritycry::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair:

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEE!!!

fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/116/b/5/space_core_wallpaper_2_by_deathonabun-d3eta23.jpg

474054
Similarities FTW.
Now we all know how John 117 dies. self inflicted Head-shot after hearing another monitor go on about space in that halo-esque whiny voice.
#EDIT: I AM THE BEST AT SPACE
:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

>Implying hentai is the weirdest thing to come out of Japan.

So, are we asking Jake questions and Pinkie's just there for the ride, or what? I'm still kind of confused here. I think having the author, Jake and Pinkie all ram their faces through the fourth wall did that to me.

474435 Any question, for either one of them or both.

Hell, Azarias asked Pinkie about Fedoras, and I already have an entire scene written out for it.

Just remember that you can't ask about specific wars in the past century (1900-Today) or about the entire idea of war until I say so in the story, which will indicate that this is coming to an end.

Now, asking something specific about a previous war like my suggestion "Do you think the Crusades were a waste of time?" I'll answer that.

474444 Okay then, opinions on The Smooze? And/or pizza.

474461 The Smooze? I watched it, and I'm thinking G1 here. I could do a little research and talk about what is found, but don't really expect a whole lot.

Pizza though, I can do. Not much mind you, and definently not as much as Fedora, but that's got an explanation

The Smooze = Sentient Newspaper Pulp

Avi

Opinions on the existence of people like Ghandi compared to the existence of people like Hitler, basically the duality of man.

475200 Oooooooooooohhh yeah... I'm using that alright!:pinkiehappy:

Avi

:rainbowkiss: Yay!

Do you think "Humanity" is portrayed like the most evil thing in the universe just because of bad writing or people really thinking we're bad?
I mean by the way humanity is coloured we should all have black coats and thin moustaches to twirl while we fight each other for world domination
postalnerd.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/villain.jpg
Got this image by typing "Cliché Villain" maybe that answered my question...

Or maybe it's not humanity per say but.....MAN

475705 :rainbowderp:... Dude, I just had to watch that multiple times cause it was soooo awesome!:rainbowkiss:

475744 I just find it really irritating to see our culture so comically portrayed, I mean if on purpose it would be funny as hell but no
Human = Man = Worse than the devil if he was a pedophile
ninjawiththeorangetshirt.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ff3.jpg :facehoof:

WOOT! I GOT A SHOUT-OUT!

Also, I must ask in full and total honesty.

Crusades. What the buck is up with them?

I mean seriously, THE Crusades of history were a 'Holy War'. Slight logic flaw there, my fellow christans[yes, I'm a christian]....

ALL WARS ARE UNHOLY!

what was the POINT!?

oh...and what's your thoughts on the Westburrow[did I spell that right] Baptist Church?

Also, my head hurts, so I'm gonna grab a few sodas. you guys want one?

I'd have asked something else, but Mr Hood stole my question.....

475872

Dude....

It's the Nostalgia critic...

And he made a sequel....

Animals!

476871 I can only repeat what my father told me, and what I said in story.

One "Aw shit" wipes out a whole lot of "Atta boys".

Think about it. Does anyone remember something good that happened during Bush's run?

477137 ...News to me. Where I live, it must have gotten lost in between all the people bitching about having a moronic, inbred southerner (which I think is hypocritical as I LIVE in the south) as President.

477032 Westboro Baptist Church... That's something I never thought I'd hear again...

Before you get concerned, no I don't have a horrific memory of this subject. But it's what I label as a bad one. The story though, will have to wait till next chapter.

477081 No No misinterpreted, I was saying that about the fics not the video, I used the video to show just how overtop humanity is shown as evil when dealing with environmental ethics, war, greed etc I love the nostalgia critic so not hating him just the fan fics that hate on humans
So I think whenever humanity is made to look like that in a fic the tag should be MAN!

477960

We so need that gorram tag....

Seriously. I wanna know when I'mma have to deal with MAN! instead of normal humans....

477393

Yeah.

they're a bad memory for pretty much ANYONE.....:twilightangry2:

Although there's gotta be a few good stories about countertrolling those buggers.:trollestia:

Pinkie Pie. I have a question for you. What is What? not in the literary or descriptive sense, but what IS IT? What is the essentiality (not sure if word) of what? what makes what what it is?

487972 You do realize that as the go between, I have to translate what Pinkie says to you right?:twilightoops:

488052 *Chrysalisquee* HAHA! I KNOW! THAT'S WHY ITS SO FANTASTIC!
#EDIT: sorry, when love made all the changelings go bye bye, one just happened to crash through MY roof. he likes to say things as well. he seems to have taken to the idea of me being a brony so... that'd be first, wouldn't it? :trollestia:
why not let her typ- oh I see. you don't mean 'translate,' you mean 'filter' as in cut the random, brain crushingly irrelevant ranting, don't you?
Maybe code yourself a program/plugin to do it for you? call it the D-BS5000!
(De-Bull-Shit-iser)

488132 Kind of. I'm also her go between because her hooves are too big for the key board. And now a word from our resident Pinkie!

"ekuitpyt,waoaioraooeneoawalmlthboibotmihJgtbonpnutmhisTtteknslehnbrnorstaantuehstheoug.duhrteyaheoueIottaeTeakngamrote,aoatirulstoced'tttbwyclgsnniaqbsateolHe,grvaceuideutiloeketoettnastItkmaeigosrtsftpoi'hsyWls!w.pi"

Proof right there! (Actually, it's all a real message, just scrambled. Try to unscramble it and see what it says! If you're correct... can't think of a real reward, but you get an online cupcake if you can get it right by next chapter:pinkiehappy:)

About the changelings: *explodes into a long outburst of completely random shushing sounds* Dude! I've been a bad brony and am not up to date! Keep quiet!:fluttercry:

Edit: OH! And that name sounds like something Dr. Doofenshmirtz would come up with...:trollestia:
Edit 2: There are supposed to be 54 spaces in the message. Hope that helps!

478130 Oh, I've got one alright. If I just focus on that part of the memory, it's hilarious.

I don't want to say what happened in the comments cause I'm probably going to use it for the next chapter, so I'll send a PM telling you all about it.:pinkiesmile:

505032

willing to listen, dude. Also, thanks!

Some food for thought:

HUMAN EQUATION

Outcome: Human is Equal to Animal.
-Animal does not equal evil or good. Driven by instinct.
-If mankind is equal to animal, then man is driven by instinct. Neither good nor evil.
-Therefore, mankind does not equal evil.

Outcome: Human is Not the Same as Animal.
-Possible cause 1: They Possess Morality.
-If mankind possesses morality, mankind has the capacity for both good and evil.
-Therefore, mankind does not equal evil. He has choice.

-Possible cause 2: Mankind is Worse then Animals.
-Mankind is evil by default and without choice, therefore evil has no meaning.
-Mankind is equal to evil, but evil has no meaning.

Outcome: Good and Evil are Meaningless Concepts.
-Evil and good are equal.
-Therefore good and evil have no meaning.
-Mankind could be either, but mankind does not equal evil because evil has no meaning.

Login or register to comment