• Published 11th Jun 2014
  • 1,740 Views, 9 Comments

A DARK DAY... - Aurora Steel



Spitfire is sick of Soarin and Rainbow Dash being together and a certain creature isn't helping

  • ...
15
 9
 1,740

A dark day

Rainbow Dash and Soarin were flying at a steady rate to their special spot in the mountains near the Wonderbolt’s compound. There was a rainbowfall at the far edge of the clearing that was filled with sweet smelling bright green grass. The skies seemed to be almost always clear and the rainbowfall filled the clearing with the spicy, sweet smell it gave off.

The two planned to have a relaxing picnic here, all of Rainbow’s would be coming as well as a few of the Wonderbolt’s and even Princess Luna, maybe Princess Celestia if she had the time to attend. Everyone was coming in about an hour or two so they had some time to prepare.

There were a few guards posted around the edge of the clearing to make sure that everyone that was attending were safe. The guards themselves were present because royalty, Wonderbolt’s and the Elements of Harmony would be here so it was a natural security precaution.

As always Rainbow and Soarin were wearing armor, it was pretty much mandatory for the Elements and Wonderbolt’s to wear armor. For Wonderbolt’s they had to wear their armor when they weren’t performing or practicing.

Rainbow’s armor was cyan with golden lining, she had special armor that not only covered the bones in her wings but was also enchanted with her element so she could use lightning to some degree. Her said element was in the middle of her chest plate.

Soarin’s armor was sky blue with silver lining, his armor was enchanted slightly for him to be able to use ice. His cutie mark was on his chest plate and belt.

They also had swords and helmets but they chose not to wear them today since they were heavy and got extremely hot under the sun.

Soarin got out a picnic mat and laid it down before Rainbow put out cakes, pastries, cupcakes and pies before sitting down on some of the pillows that Soarin had also gotten out.

Every once in a while Soarin would look at the pies in the centre of the picnic rug and try to get a slice. Overtime he would end up getting hit in the gut or getting a light slap across the face from Rainbow.

After about 20 minutes Rainbow sighed in frustration, “Ugh! Why did we have to get here so early?!”

Soarin replied whilst chuckling slightly, “Because you wanted to get here early.” Rainbow groaned and face palmed which caused Soarin to laugh even more.

Rainbow rummaged around in her bag before pulling out the latest Daring Do novel and started reading it out loud so Soarin could listen along.

Another few minutes went by before Soarin spoke up, “Rainbow, can I get a slice of apple pie?” He looked at his girlfriend with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Rainbow shook her head whilst replying, “No Soarin, remember what happened last time? You ended up eating the entire pie then throwing up straight after.” She made a sick face at him.

Soarin started to pout slightly and even go as far to faintly whimper. Rainbow laughed but shook her head, “No Soar, so drop it.”

Soarin’s expression changed from pouting to seriousness in less than a second as he got up and said completely serious, “Rainbow Miriam Dashery, if you do not let me have a slice of that apple pie I swear I will-“

“Ok ok!” Rainbow cut him off whilst putting her hands and wings up in the air in defence, “You can have some pie! Just don’t go overboard.” She smiled sheepishly not realising how serious the guy could get about eating pie.

Soarin picked up and hugged his girlfriend tightly whilst almost shouting, “Thanks Dashy!” He put her down and quickly kissed her forehead before almost leaping over to the promised pie.

As Soarin dug into the pie a cloaked figure walked into the clearing and stood a few feet from them not saying a word. Rainbow who was now sitting down and reading again looked up from her book and asked cautiously, “Umm can I help you?”

The dark figure smirked ever so slightly and replied, “It seems that you didn’t bother to invite me to your little ‘picnic’.” The person reached up and lowered her hood to reveal a fiery haired woman.

Spitfire.

Soarin stopped eating the pie and said in the calmest tone he could manage, “We didn’t invite you because the last time we saw you, you hated us.” He squeezed his hands tightly to keep calm and not loosing it.

Spitfire moved forward, “I hate you because A, Rainbow Crash doesn’t deserve you and B, you didn’t invite me!” She glared at them that could rival Fluttershy’s.

Soarin’s calmness disappeared in almost an instant and he was about to jump up and tackle Spitfire to the ground but Rainbow closed her book loudly before putting it down. Sighing she stood up and flexed her wings before walking over to the now angry woman.

Rainbow asked, “Spit, why can’t you be happy for us and just accept that Soarin doesn’t want to be with you?” She held out her hand in front of her for Spitfire to take.

Spitfire snorted and batted the hand away whilst angrily replying, “Soarin should love me not you! You’re a pathetic excuse for a human being and could never amount to anything let alone being a Wonderbolt!”

By this point Rainbow was staring to get angry, “Spitfire I will become a Wonderbolt and you can’t stop that from happening. Go and find someone who is actually willing to love someone like you.” She flared out her cyan wings as far as they could reach.

Spitfire also flared out her golden yellow wings whilst hissing, “Why you little.” She clenched her fist into a tight ball before punching Rainbow in the gut as hard as she could with the armor in the way.

Rainbow grunted in pain and stepped back only to trip on a rock that sent her crashing to the ground. Soarin leaped up and caught the woman before she hit the ground.

He shouted with the rainbow haired woman in his arms, “Guards! Arrest her!”

About 5 or 6 guards that were posted near them ran or flew over to them with swords and spears in hand. 2 of them tried to pin Spitfire down but failed since she quickly stepped to the side before kicking the first guard up, into the air then axe kicking the second guard in the head effectively knocking him out.

As the first guard came back down she tensed her right arm before punching upward and into the guards gut which caused him to cry out in pain whilst spit out some blood.

One of the 4 remaining guards yelled to the others, “Man down! I repeat man down!” The same guard ran forward with a spear aimed at Spitfire’s chest ready to impale her.

Spitfire flew around and whispered in the guard’s ear, “Too late.” Before punching him in the side of the head which caused him to drop the spear that Spitfire kicked up with her foot and caught then with all of her might drove it into his chest killing him on the spot.

Soarin looked at his ex-captain in horror that she would take a guards life whist shouting to one of the guards, “Go and get one of the Princesses! This is serious! GO!” The winged guard saluted and flew off.

One by one the remaining three guards were being either knocked out or killed. One of the guards with magic summoned replica swords and fired them at Spitfire who easily dodged and threw the replicas back at him and some of the other surrounding guards which either hit them in the chest or the head.

Spitfire flew into the air as one of the few remaining guards flew after her with a sword. The guard flew at full speed at Spitfire who once again dodged but this time she drew a dagger that was strapped to her thigh before coming up behind the guard. She clamped a hand over his mouth whilst quickly slitting his throat. Blood spurted out and even surprisingly a few drops managed to splatter on her armor whilst her hand was being drenched in the same liquid.

She let the guard go as she descended to the ground and landed with a small thump. The fiery haired woman smiled crookedly at them with her dagger still in hand.

Soarin looked at Rainbow who nodded to say ‘I’m fine’ whilst looking deadly serious at Spitfire who had just massacred all most all of the surrounding guards

He planted a quick kiss on her forehead before sitting her down then standing up, he pulled out his sky blue tinted sword with white wings as a hand guard. His cutie mark was engraved into the leather bound handle with a sky blue topaz gem at the end.

He tightened his grip on the sword and flared out his sky blue wings before suddenly flying at Spitfire. His sword let of a mist indicating that the blade was ice cold.

Spitfire got out a second dagger that was tucked into one of her boots and crossed both daggers in front of her face just as Soarin reached her. The swords clashed and Spitfire used all of her might to swing down her daggers to her sides whilst pushing him off her.

Next she flew at him whilst delivering 7 perfectly timed strikes at him. Soarin had to very quickly move his sword from side to side to parry the on coming attacks. He panted slightly from the quick movements and it didn’t help that he was wearing heavy armor.

Spitfire saw him let his guard down slightly so she did the unexpected and kicked his sword out of his hand leaving him defenseless before delivering 7 more blows to his chest. Soarin put his arms in front of his face in an ‘x’ shape but it did little good as Spitfire was aiming not at his head but his chest.

Blow after blow she cut deeper into the thick armor and got closer to his skin. On the final blow she struck through his armor and cut deeply into his chest which made him cry out in pain and fall backward to the ground where he landed heavily on his wings. A loud crack echoed around the clearing as his wings broke.

Spitfire folded her wings in and fell to the ground with the dagger aimed at his chest.

Soarin saw it coming and painfully rolled to his side only to have to roll once again as Spitfire landed then axe kicked him from her crouched position.

Rainbow stood up whilst holding her stomach slightly. She flared her wings out again before shooting at Spitfire with her left leg outstretched and her other tucked into her body.

Her foot collided with Spitfire’s side which sent her flying back a few feet, into the blood stained soil. Rainbow landed on the ground quickly in front of Soarin who was lying on his stomach and rolled him carefully on to his back causing him to cry out in pain again.

She checked him over worriedly before pulling him into a hug, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Soarin weakly returned the hug before letting go.

Rainbow let him go and said, “I won’t let her get away with this Soar. I promise you.”

She stood up fully and drew a blue tinted, curved blade called a kukri that was strapped to her left thigh before shouting to the demented woman, “Spitfire! Enough! You’ve gone too far!”

Spitfire laughed and replied whilst pointing one of her daggers at her, “You can never go too far!”

Rainbow gritted her teeth before stretching her wings forward then forcing them as far back as they could go to give her a boost. She shot at Spitfire with the kukri at her right ear and when she was close enough swung her arm to the other side as fast as she could which caught Spitfire in surprise. She made a deep cut into the armor that even drew a tiny bit of blood.

Spitfire looked down at her chest and when she saw the blood she spat on the ground, “You bitch!” Before swinging back at Rainbow who luckily dodged each swing.

Rainbow crouched low before springing upward, her kukri aimed at Spitfire’s jaw. Spitfire moved her head to the side just in time before stabbing downward at Rainbow.

Rainbow dived down to the ground and flipped around so her feet would take the impact just as she landed on the grass. She landed with a giant thud and a grunt whilst looking up to see Spitfire chuck her cloak that had surprisingly stayed on away to reveal her light orange and gold lined armor.

Rainbow shouted in hope to get her to stop, “Spitfire! I don’t want to fight you anymore!”

“Too bad!” Spitfire sneered back as she dived down once more with her daggers aimed at Rainbow’s head. Rainbow ducked down and when the time was right she kicked backward and her foot connected with Spitfire’s face.

The said woman flew off course and crashed into a nearby boulder, crying out in pain on contact.

Rainbow stood up painting whilst putting her kukri back in it’s slot, dead and knocked out bodies were strune around her and little blood splatters on her armor. Facing Rainbow was Spitfire after she stood up. The woman was absolutely insane, bodies lying around her and the stench of death emitted off her.

The once perfect clearing had turned into a battlefield in only a few minutes. Storm clouds rolled in around them as Rainbow walked backward until she got to Soarin who was only just sitting up. Unfortunately the wings were almost like a second spine and if they were damaged it would be very painful to even sit.

She sat down in front of him and reached backward for his hand, which he accepted. Rainbow asked him, “Are you ok?”

He nodded and replied, “I’m fine… I can still fight…”

Rainbow nodded and said before standing up once more, “Spitfire is going down. I promise you Soarin.”

“Then go win.” He said reassuringly. Rainbow blushed and nodded before walking forward to Spitfire whilst folding her wings to her back.

Once she was a safe distance in front of Soarin she shouted to the once Captain of the Wonderbolt’s, “Spitfire! Enough! You’ve lost already!” She glared at Spitfire so harshly it put Princess Luna’s to shame.

Spitfire coldly laughed, “Rainbow Dash! I’m not the one who has lost!” She stomped her foot on the ground and cracked her knuckles, her daggers already back in their slots.

Rainbow looked into Spitfire’s eyes to see anything but found only darkness. Wait… something’s different… it’s like those aren’t her eyes…

She stepped back slightly in fear of what could be in her eyes. She looked back at the broken Soarin and let a tear escape from her eye before turning back around to face Spitfire.

She wiped the tear away as both women flared out their wings and flew forward as fast as they could at each other. Rainbow punched forward and connected her fist with Spitfire’s jaw before kneeing upward and hitting the bottom of is.

Spitfire grunted in pain and caught her next punch before bringing her body toward her with her fist outstretched so Rainbow’s cheek collided straight into the fist.

She cried out in pain since Spitfire was wearing built in brass knuckles but head butted her then delivered a few punches to the stomach.

Spitfire growled and upper cut Rainbow several times in the jaw which sent her crashing to the ground. Rainbow twisted her body so that she landed on her legs but the impact proved too much on her left leg as there was a giant crack heard and Rainbow keeling back onto the ground whilst clutching her leg shouting in pain.

Spitfire landed and drew out her specialized weapons, which were two golden double bladed, long daggers. In the middle of each handle was her cutie mark engraved in the bound handles. She smirked as she closed her eyes then reopened them a second later which caused her daggers to light on fire.

Rainbow slowly got up and put all of her weight on her left leg whilst reaching behind her for her weapons. It was two bladed and curved Tonfa’s which had a short curved blade at the front then the handle with the rest of the blade going up her arms. The weapons were tinted cyan once again and in the handles were also her cutie mark and a magenta colored gem at the ends. They were a gift from Twilight since her double swords had been smashed.

Rainbow also closed her eyes and focused on the air pressure around her then once she found it she opened her eyes and the tonfa’s were struck by lightning making them electrically charged.

She looked behind to see Soarin standing up and leaning against his sword. She called back to him, “I’m sorry Soarin! I said I wouldn’t use them but I have no choice!” I said I would never use electrically charged tonfa’s since I almost killed my friend in a battle when I lost control and almost killed myself when the lightning gathered in my body.

Soarin called back, “Rainbow! It’s too dangerous! You could kill yourself! They’re too unstable!”

She nodded whilst smiling, “I know. But I’ll do whatever it takes to stop her. It’s my job.” I let the tears flow freely from my eyes knowing that I had a good chance that I would die.

I turned to face Spitfire and held my weapons in front of me like a defensive stance in martial arts.

Spitfire stood low to the ground and held one arm high up behind her and one arms low in front of her.

Without warning we both charged forward at each other. Spitfire jumped up and started spinning at extreme speeds down towards her.

Rainbow moved her arms in front of her and when Spitfire struck her the force of both the fire and the lightning forced each other away. Rainbow was forced back into a rock whilst Spitfire was flown into the air.

Rainbow cried out once more in pain but this time louder since the rock had jagged edges that pierced through her armor and cut into her skin. Tears fell from her eyes and splashed onto her armor as she gritted her teeth in pain, trying to stop it.

She looked at the electrified weapons in her hands, come on… you’re my weapons… you have to do what I say…

She slowly stood up ignoring the searing pain in her back and walked slowly forward to Spitfire who was hovering just above the ground, her weapons still alight.

Without thinking anymore Rainbow ran at Spitfire. Spitfire dropped to the ground and started also running at Rainbow.

Rainbow jumped up and lifted her weapons above her head before bringing them down onto Spitfire who brought her weapons up to meet Rainbows.

As soon as Rainbow’s weapons collided the electricity didn’t flow into Spitfire, it faltered for a moment then ran the opposite way back to Rainbow who saw the whole thing happen. The electricity built up in Rainbow until no more could be stored and simply exploded in all directions.

She screamed in agony as the electricity exploded inside of her and sent her flying away from Spitfire and into the air before crashing down on the ground and rolling past Soarin until she finally stopped at the edge of the rainbowfall.

Soarin yelled, “Rainbow!! NO!” He got out his second sword before blindly running at Spitfire in pure rage. I told her not to use it! But she didn’t listen and paid the price for it!

Spitfire was taken back and shouted in disbelief, “How the hell are you still fighting?! I took out your wings!”

Soarin smirked as he swung one sword after the other at Spitfire making cuts into her armor, “You took out my wings but not my legs. Big mistake.”

He shoved his swords into the ground next to him before using his arm strength to lift him up and kick forward. His kicks hit Spitfire directly in the face before he kept swinging up and over until he landed firmly on the ground again.

Next he used the swords to help him side kick Spitfire in the gut before pulling the swords out of the ground and side spinning with the swords into her.

Spitfire was taken back by the actions but brought her double edged blades up and parried back with Soarin’s swords.

She panted slightly but with both swords swung an ‘x’ shape with made the letter in his chest armor before plunging the swords into the middle of the ‘x’.

Soarin yelled out as a searing pain coursed through his body that made him drop to the ground and claw at the armor. It felt like his veins were literally on fire.

Spitfire smiled crookedly and sneered, “I bet it feels like your veins are literally on fire huh. I bet they are right about now as my fire tries to rip every single tissue, every single bone, every single fiber apart from the inside. No one has survived it and I doubt you will. “ She kicked him in the gut several times making the pain worse.

He thought to himself, My veins they’re on fire! I can’t even move!

Spitfire walked over to the seemingly unconscious Rainbow and prepared her flaming double-edged daggers for another kill.

Rainbow opened her eyes and looked around. Her vision was blurred and the smell of burning was almost over whelming. She tried to move her arms but nothing would move. She heard someone laughing dementedly and it coming closer.

A few tears escaped her eyes and fell down her cheeks as she closed her eyes ready for the impact. No… this can’t be how I go… not yet anyway… I can’t move and my weapons don’t work… what’s left… please body do something, anything… just something…

One by one her fingers started to move then her hand all the way to her toes. She tightened her grip on her weapons and forced the electricity remaining in her body into the weapons.

As Spitfire got close enough and was about to strike Rainbow rolled out of the way and kicked upward with her good leg.

Her foot met Spitfire’s stomach and forced her into the air once more. Rainbow rolled to a holt then slowly stood up to see her weapons flowing with electricity. She smirked very slightly and said, “Come on Spitfire… let’s fly…”

She spread her wings and crouched down before forcing her wings down shooting off into the cloudy and rainy skies.

At a safe height she stopped and waited for Spitfire to join her. The said woman joined Rainbow a few moments later before immediately charging at Rainbow who also charged.

Their weapons clashed once more and Rainbow growled, “Come on! Pass over!” The electricity simply stayed coursing through the tonfa’s.

She grunted in frustration before pulling away and spinning at Spitfire, her weapons making more deep cuts into her armor.

Spitfire cried out in pain before attacking back by throwing one of her blades at Rainbow then charging at her with the blade outstretched.

The first blade lodged itself into Rainbow’s collar bone and the second one struck her stomach. She cried out in agony and started once more falling to the ground.

Spitfire smirked and dove down after her. She grabbed onto her blades and pushed her down faster before removing the blades and kicking her down father.

Rainbow closed her eyes and prepared for the impact that never came.

She opened her eyes after a few minutes only to see Soarin holding her tightly in his grip. His armor was cracked and smashed, his wings disheveled and his veins were visibly glowing red.

She looked up at him; her expression was of worry and caution. He smiled goofily down at her and said, “I’m… fine-“

He was cut off by someone shoving a blade into his back. He coughed up some blood which fell onto Rainbow’s armor then dropped her onto the ground before falling down next to her.

Rainbow cried out as her broken leg made contact with the ground as did one of her wings which broke on contact.

She shakily sat up only to see Spitfire laughing whilst standing over Soarin who had a double edged dagger lodged in his back, blood seeping out of the wound and falling onto the already blood stained earth.

She used her weapons to slowly help her to her feet before looking at Spitfire with a murderous look in her eyes.

Spitfire suddenly yanked the blade out of Soarin’s back which caused him to cry out in pain whilst she spread her wings and flew to the sky.

Rainbow panted heavily and every movement she made caused her muscles to scream in protest. She wasn’t sure what she was running on anymore but she knew that it was definitely not energy.

She flared out her wings which resulted in a jolt of pain coursing through her body but she simply gritted her teeth and forced her wings to push down so she lifted into the air.

It was agonizing for her but she kept pushing through and flying at the once same person above her. She shouted in pure desperation, “Spitfire, enough! I am Rainbow Miriam Dashery, granddaughter of Commander Hurricane and Element of Loyalty! I order you to stand down!” She knew it wouldn’t work but she had to try.

Spitfire looked down at her in pity and replied sneering, “So if you’re the so called ‘granddaughter’ of Commander Hurricane then why don’t you go ahead and try to stop me Element of ‘Loyalty’. Oh wait you already tried and failed!”
It was true, completely true. She was the Element of Loyalty yet she couldn’t protect the one who meant the most to her. What kind of Loyalty can’t even protect their loved ones.

She blinked a few tears away and looked down at Soarin. He was looking weakly back up at her tears also rolling down his face. She said whilst smiling slightly, “Soarin! I’m sorry…”

He realized what she was about to do and shouted back, “Rainbow! Please! Don’t do this! We can find another way!”

She shook her head, “No we can’t and there isn’t time. I’m sorry.” She focused on Spitfire who was ready to dive down. She muttered to herself, “Come on element… please help me…”

She wasted no time in flying up as fast as she could with both arms in front of her and her tonfa’s still in her hands. Her element started glowing red and magical circles appeared under her feet to give her an extra speed boost.

Spitfire folded her wings away and simply dived down to Rainbow with her weapons in front of her.

Rainbow gained enough speed and managed to break the sound barrier causing a Sonic Rainboom which increased her speed even more.

The two collided head on and Rainbow’s weapons pierced Spitfire’s gut and the electricity passed through into her finally whilst Spitfire’s weapons pierced her chest and the fire also passed through.

The force of the collision created another Rainboom which forced Rainbow away and sent her crashing to the ground. From the height when they collided it would most likely kill Rainbow from the shear force of the impact.

Spitfire was forced upward but fell at a much slower rate due to being on top.

As Rainbow was nearing the ground she closed her eyes and smiled slightly. The wind cut into her armor and her blood stained rainbow hair flailed freely around her. She thought to herself, I guess this is a pretty epic way to go…I’m sorry mum, dad, girls and Soarin… I love you all but I’m sorry that I won’t be around anymore… Her smile grew and tears now fell from her eyes without a care in the world anymore since she was going to die soon anyway. She let the darkness that had been calling her name for years finally take over and she drifted into nothingness.

Soarin looked at her in horror and tried to stand up but failed from how weak he was and the pain all over his body. He wanted to catch her or something catch her but noting would.

He banged his fist on the ground in frustration since all he could do was watch the girl he loved fall to her death.

As all hope of catching the falling woman failed a blue light flashed around the clearing and a certain Lunar Princess appeared.

She stood next to Soarin and said with confidence, “Do not worry Wonderbolt. We are here to help.” Soarin said nothing but simply pointed at Rainbow who was falling closer and closer to the ground.

Luna nodded before flaring out her midnight blue wings and flying as fast as she could toward Rainbow. She thought out loud to herself, “Even if we could catch her the impact could injure us and kill Miss Rainbow… we could try and slow her as much as we could…”

She stopped suddenly before planting her feet firmly on the ground. She flung her hands as far forward as she could before reciting as many impact reduction spells as she could remember.

A deep blue magical circle appeared under Luna and another appeared under Rainbow.

As many spells as she could remember did little good as Rainbow finally slammed into the ground, chunks of armor and dirt flew up everywhere and several loud cracks could be heard.

Soarin mustered as much strength as he could and finally stood up with the help of one of his swords. Every step he took towards the crater caused the pain to intensify but he didn’t care anymore.

As he limped over a few of Luna’s night guards flew into the clearing only for Luna to command, “Guards! Go get the medical team and my sister!”

The guards saluted but groaned internally as they flew back to Canterlot once more.

Soarin finally limped over to the crater and slid down it. Once there he crawled over to the broken and bleeding woman before sitting down and holding her in his arms, crying to see the sight of her.

Blood steadily trickled down her face, her wings were hardly even recognizable anymore as they were broken in several places and primary feathers were missing, gashes all over her body and over half of her armor was smashed into small pieces around them, her right arm and leg were broken as were some of her ribs, her skin and hair were bloody and burned from the lightning and the Rainboom.

Soarin lifted one of his hands and wiped the blood and hair away from her face only to see that she had tears still rolling down her face. He held her tightly in his grip as he cried and yelled slightly to no one.

He whispered, “Dash, I love you…” and simply kept crying.

A few minutes later the medical team and the Solar Princess arrived and got to work quickly.

Celestia walked over Luna to discuss what had happened as Soarin finally stood up with Rainbow in his arms and he started limping over to the medical team for treatment.

Spitfire hadn’t sustained nearly as much damage as the other two had in fact all she had was a broken arm, sprained wing and leg and a few deep cuts over her body.

She opened her eyes and turned her head to see Soarin carrying the little bitch she called Rainbow over to the medical team that was now present. Also both royal sisters and many guards laying dead around her.

She focused her sight on the two walking over to the medics and thought out loud, “Damn it! Soarin still loves that bitch… I’ll take her out once and for all!” She flared her wings out and forced herself off the ground before flying as fast as she could. Her wings caused her pain with every flap but they were still flyabl.

Luna noticed something out of the corner of her eye so she turned to face the something which turned out to be Spitfire so she stood firmly on the ground and commanded with a hand outstretched, “Spitfire! We command thee to stop!”

Spitfire ignored her and kept flying toward them and when she was close enough punched forward, punching the Lunar Princess in the nose breaking it on contact.

Luna clutched her now broken nose and dropped to the ground crying and swearing her head off like a drunken sailor. Celestia dropped to the ground to comfort her crying little sister.

Soarin heard a cry and turned around to see Spitfire just in time as she turned and kicked his back hard which made him fall forward, Rainbow falling out of his hands onto the ground once more.

Spitfire smiled crazily and flew over to Rainbow before picking her up by her neck and flying as fast as she could into the air. Soarin turned his head to see Spitfire climbing higher and higher so he shouted, “Rainbow!”

Spitfire grabbed Rainbow’s element before ripping it out and chucking it away. She stopped finally and shouted down to Soarin, “Soarin! Be with me and I’ll let this bitch live! If you don’t I’ll let her fall again!”

He shook his head without thinking and replied, “Spitfire! I will never be with you!”

Spitfire shrugged and said, “So be it.” And let go of her release on Rainbow causing her to fall to the ground once more.

Luna had calmed her crying and swearing enough to hear the argument and when she saw Rainbow falling once more she snapped. Her eyes lit up white and her hair grew longer.

She stood up, forgetting about her nose and walked a few feet away from her sister. She commanded in her royal voice, “CEASE!”

Her hands lit up blue and the same aura surround Rainbow and Spitfire’s neck. She slowly lowered Rainbow into Soarin’s arms once more before pulling Spitfire over to her with her clenched fist.

Spitfire stopped just a few feet away from the Lunar Princess as she went on, “We should kill thee right here right now-“

“Sister!” Celestia cut her off, “Enough. Release her.” Luna’s eyes returned to their normal state and her grip on Spitfire disappeared leaving the woman to fall to the earth. “For your crimes, you are sentenced to life in the Canterlot dungeons.”

A few guards flew over and picked up the now crying ex-Wonderbolt. As they tried to get her into the jail cart that was now present Spitfire struggled in their grip and tried to kick them.

Celestia let out a small sigh whilst shooting a small petrifying at her. Her mouth and eyes opened wide as the spell encased her body in a thin layer of stone that was only temporary.

Soarin finally made it over to the medical team as he looked down at his unconscious girlfriend noticing that she had tears in the corners of her eyes. He wiped them away before laying her down on a stretcher that was waiting for her.

He waited for a moment to see if she would wake up but nothing happened so he leant down and left a quick kiss on her forehead before collapsing to the ground next to the stretcher, his remaining strength leaving his body.

A few medics rushed over to him and carefully lifted him onto another stretcher then strapped him down like Rainbow.

The sisters had walked over and Celestia commanded, “Guards, take Miss Rainbow and Mr Soarin to Canterlot hospital immediately, I fear that they don’t have long.”

The medics nodded and quickly wheeled the two broken people into the medical cart. Soarin looked up at the stormy sky and a single drop of water fell onto his cheek before the rain poured down.

He smiled weakly before closing his eyes and let the darkness take over him as well.

The rain drenched everything and everyone. Today wasn’t meant to turn out like it had. It was meant to be a nice picnic with everyone but it turned out to be a battlefield with so many lives unnecessarily lost. It was almost like a nightmare, no wait. It was.

Author's Note:

Sorry that it took so long to rewrite and republish but I hope you guys like it! Also if there is any spelling that you think is incorrect it isn't, I write with the english version of spelling.

Please let me know what you think and critique is always welcome! ^^

Comments ( 8 )

Yea! It's back!
:rainbowkiss:

6502955 yup and completely different ^^

what? it was all a nightmare ?? :rainbowlaugh: awesome :pinkiehappy:

6613727 none of it was a nightmare unfortunately ^^'

Comment posted by PinkDiamond67 deleted Dec 12th, 2016

I love it so much:raritystarry:

Login or register to comment