• Published 30th May 2014
  • 1,622 Views, 18 Comments

Swaggin' Spike - Derpator



After requesting and being given another moustache, Spike decides to take a leisurely stroll. After all, he's got the swag.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,622

It's the Stache, I swear

An aura started to form around the purple dragon’s nose, flashing from the magic. Spike closed his eyes, fully allowing the magic to take effect on his waiting body. He opened them again when he sensed the addition of hair underneath his nostrils. He lowered his eyes to the marvellous creation he had been given.

“Aw yeah!” he exclaimed, heading towards a nearby mirror to check himself out.

He looked at the reflection of himself. After a few bicep inspections, he graciously stroked his new moustache. He fell in love with it fast. He couldn’t keep his claws off of it. “Well well well, who’s that handsome dragon?” He allowed himself to laugh at his own admiration.

“Huh-hmm,” a voice called. Spike turned his attention to see that Twilight Sparkle, the unicorn who had given him his new gift, had cleared her throat during his self-check-up. She cocked an eyebrow.

“Heh,” the dragon replied with a sheepish smile. “Thanks Twilight.”

The voice of gratitude put the satisfaction back on Twilight. “Remember Spike, this is only temporary.”

“Yeah yeah, I know,” he dismissed, checking himself and his biceps out in the mirror.

Twilight joined by his side, her reflection now visible alongside him. “Why exactly did you want this again?”

“No reason,” he said.

“Oh, really?” Twilight said, her eyebrow raised.

“Yeah. Come on, Twilight, can’t I just have this? Please?”

Twilight looked down at the pleading dragon, having gone begging on his knees. His eyes opened wide, his lips quivering, his hands curled into a ball, attempting to pass off a cute look. She rolled her eyes at the gesture that, while convincing, clearly wasn’t working. Still, Spike's intentions were merely a interest. “I’m only curious, Spike. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.”

Spike jumped up, passing off a fake grin. “Oh.”

“Do you have any plans?” she asked, though looking at his moustache, she wasn't sure she actually wanted to know.

“I do. I was going to go for a walk.”

“A... walk?” she said, the curiosity returning.

“Come on, Twilight, stop pressuring me!” Spike scowled, hands in fists.

Twilight sighed. “Fine. I have to get back to my studies anyway, so have fun, ok?” She petted him a few times, before bringing him in for a hug.

Spike’s grin grew massively, before breaking the hug. “Thanks, Twilight!” He charged at the front door without hesitation, giggling to himself, ready to put his plan into action. He thought he could hear Twilight saying something after his hasty departure, but he was too caught up to hear it.

He placed his hand on the door knob, before taking in a deep inhale. With his other hand, he waved it through the air calmly, clearing his mind, before opening the door and running out into Ponyville. He shut the door behind him as he checked his outdoor surroundings.

Nice weather? Check. Ponies around? Check.

He giggled as he ran into the center of the street, his moustache fully showing. A few ponies gave their brief attention to him, given his sudden addition of hair. When he was in the center of the street, he looked around again, checking out the distance of the long street, placing one hand on his forehead, concentrating hard.

It was empty – nothing was occupying it. Perfect.

He laid his hands beside his sides, taking in a few stretches. With a few breathing sessions and constantly checking the environment around him, coupled with checking out his moustache every now and then, he was ready to begin.

He put one foot forward in front of the other, setting off a brisk walk.

Spike started to wander down the middle of the street, his eyes closed and his head lowered, as a great tune started to formulate in his mind. He started to bop his head ever so slightly as he marched, aware that he certainly must have attracted attention at this point if he hadn’t already.

A few seconds later, he brought his right hand to attention, snapping his claws every couple of seconds as he went along on his merry way in a carefree fashion. His bopping head became more frantic in its activity, the curls of the moustache moving with the cranium.

After a short while, he finished his snapping and decided on something a bit more... intermediate.

He proceeded to swing his arms back and forth his sides as he walked along, making fists with his hands, now finally looking at Ponyville around him. It was what he suspected; all of the ponies he passed now followed him with their heads, all with blank expressions and speechless.

He put more into his jigging, moving his hips as he walked in time with his arms, even his head following suit too. He grinned, revealing a portion of his teeth as he observed Ponyville around him, knowing full fact he was in the spotlight.

His head continued to bop, while he checked left and right. Ponies everywhere had stopped what they were previously doing to focus their attention on him and his brilliant moustache. But it was only because of the moustache.

He twirled it with a hand, the other still swinging back and forth. He turned to his left, spotting a pegasus he knew. Rainbow Dash was flying past the scene, until she spotted the dragon strolling down the street. Her eyes inadvertently followed him, while she continued to flap her wings. Spike lifted a claw up to his forehead, and then pointed it at her shortly afterwards, his sign of saying “Hello”. She tilted her head to the side, totally lost, before crashing into the side of a house.

Spike laughed a little, watching Rainbow Crash fall to the ground, her irises spinning from the impact, ponies passing her to follow the dancing dragon, all the result from his moves. He didn’t stop, but rather face the empty street again, carrying on his merry jig, the beat constant in his head. He wasn’t about to end anytime soon.

He sensed that the beat was getting to a good point. He stopped in his tracks, a rather quirky action to everyone else, before resting one hand on his hip, the other pointing in the air. He pointed it in the opposite diagonal angle right afterwards, shifting his hip in the other way as he did so. He produced the reverse effect straight after, before repeating the entire action over again a various amount of times, facing the ground as he performed his dance move. He’d mastered it ever since Pinkie Pie’s surprise birthday party, practising in his spare time, certain it had just paid off.

He finished his rocking moves with a full body twirl, before circling a hand through the air, pointing towards the direction he was facing afterwards, merrily setting off to a jig again.

He analysed the faces he was receiving, all still the same as before. He gave a little snort from his accomplishment, brushing his moustache at the same time. He checked the other side of him, to stop in his progress abruptly. It seems a pony had been cogging him for quite a while without his acknowledgement.

The pony was standing right next to him, finishing copying his actions. He stared at Pinkie Pie, wearing her fake moustache, smaller than his real one, but more curling. For only a brief moment, he wondered just how long she had been strutting with him. She smiled at him, before pulling out a hat from behind her. She planted it right on the dragon’s head without a word.

Spike felt some discomfort from the sudden weight pressured on his head, but he checked out the hat. It was a white fedora, a red stripe circling around the base. Within the stripe, a red feather stood out. He’s certainly seen and even worn it before. He pondered over the hat, even scratching his chin with a claw, before coming to an ultimate decision.

He rearranged the hat slightly with his hands, before staring back up at Pinkie Pie, who was staring back at him. There was nothing happening between the two for a short duration, before they both gave each other knowing grins, nodding at the same time like they had decided on something mutual telepathically.

They seemed to be in sync as they both marched down the street right afterwards, Pinkie Pie mimicking the exact same actions as Spike, walking on her hind legs, using her forelegs the same as Spike used his hands. The pair of them treaded their way through the streets of Ponyville, catching even more eyes as they went along, moving to the synchronised rhythm in their heads.

Their heads bopped to the sides, before looking at each other at the same time, grins forming from the both of them. They continued to swing their limbs forwards whilst rocking their hips, not a care in the world, the two moustaches moving with them.

Pretty soon, they came across and passed the Carousel Boutique. Rarity was outside, lying on a couch, engaged in some reading material, likely catching sun at the same time. Needless to say, her attention was drawn completely towards two of her best friends strutting past her home, mouth full agape.

Spike turned to face Rarity, before clicking his tongue, pointing at her with a claw and winking. He went back to his graceful jigging right after. He smiled when he heard the literature that Rarity was previously holding hit the ground.

He was certain this was bound to get her affection. No, he was thinking everything he had done would grab any mare’s attention. He wouldn’t be at all surprised if he had a long line of mares outside of the library later just for him.

A very small part of it was the fedora. Another tiny part was his dance moves. But the crowning glory that would be certain to get any mare he wanted was the moustache. Always the moustache. After all, who didn’t love it?

Spike knew that they were being followed. Every single pony they had crossed was trailing the two of them, extremely curious about this sudden change in Ponyville in silence. And he loved every second of it.

However, the horde had to stop at some point, as pretty soon Spike and Pinkie Pie were making their way out of Ponyville. In the distance from the huge group, the two figures got smaller and smaller as they continued their strut down an endless road, never stopping, getting further away from the town.

Where were they going?

No one had a clue. Pinkie Pie didn’t know, and neither did Spike. They merely jigged and jigged to placed unknown with the tune in their heads.

Comments ( 18 )

Spike is a boss.:moustache:

That was the most glorious thing I've ever read.

We need this animated....Really, really need it animated...:pinkiecrazy::moustache:

Spike activated SWAG.

It's super effective.

Pinkie Pie activated SWAG.

It's ridiculously effective.

Spike and Pinkie Pie combined their SWAG.

Ponyville's population died as they mindlessly marched into the Everfree forest.


Like + Favorite + Comment. Let's make this awesomeness featured, or at least hit the popular box. I've also added the story to a few groups; I hope you don't mind.

4470936
4470943 Swag.

4470964 What is this? I'll check it out... OH MY GOD.

4470985
I'm feeling the exact same thing. You know how many times I imagined the two of them doing this down the street as I wrote it? Lots. If anything, I want them two doing that one dance move side by side.

4471101
When you combine both of their swags, it's actually rather scary to think about. Of course I don't mind the groups, but I'm not sure about the one-shot. There's a second chapter to this, but at the current state, it seems like a continuation. Time will tell I guess. But thanks for adding it to the many groups. Let us all be subject to Spike's swag.

I have heard this song so many times over the past few days. And it never gets old.

4471162 Oh damn, sorry about adding it to the "One shots". I thought it's complete. :facehoof:

I'll write a removal request to the admins.

EDIT: he removed it.

I have used this before, but it needs to be said again.


Spike's got SWAG.

And apparently Pinkie's got SWAG, too.:pinkiehappy: Can a girl actually have SWAG?. I always thought for a girl it would be her hotness, or as Rarity says it, her FABULOUSNESS. :raritywink:

Right when he gets the hat my phone rang and that song staying alive played I started laughing and my friend who was sitting across from me asked me what happened I immediatley responded with, "spike's a pimp!" I could not stop laughing mainly cause it reminded me of when my friend dressed like a pimp for Halloween with the same song playing out of his car when he got out!

4471276 I like to think this:

Twilight has Worm-O-Meter (bookworm y'know). Or maybe a nerd meter.
Pinkie has Swag. Because Pinkie.
Rarity has Fabulousness, like you said.
Rainbow has the Skittles Bar.
Applejack has a Apples/10 scale.
Fluttershy has ...uhhh Yay?

4471289 Nice. I refreshed the main page a few times after coming back to my PC, but it's not on there anyway. It must have been brief, but we'll never know. The chapter is certainly short, which might turn off some. I dunno. Might pick up later, might not. Nice to see that it made it though.

That disliker got hit by Spike's Swag.

4471572 It's still there, just go to the main page, press CTRL+F and type in "Swag". :moustache:

(The order in the Popular Box is completely random, and will change at each refresh.)

#TheSwagginDragon.

Spike The Swagon Dragon :moustache:

Many years later in Ponyville an ominous thumping sound could be heard in the distance, seemingly getting closer with each passing second soon a strangely catchy and familiar tune could be heard on the winds, as the source of the thumping became apparent there, on the horizon, approached the familiar figures of Spike and Pinkie still Swagging along both they and their mustaches seemingly unaffected by time.
Behind followed what could only be described the worlds largest army consisting of beings from every race, line of life and gender, all mesmerized by the Swaggening before them, they did not need food or drink for being in proximity to so much swag was more than enough substance and if you knew them you would swear they had not aged a day, neigh, they would have seemed to be in their prime no matter how old or weathered before.
Alas our two proswagonists did not stop for the town, and simply passed on through, albeit with more followers, and they went on and on until all even Celestia and Luna followed the swag.
This continued for many many aeons until eventually thee universe could not handle such a build up of sheer swag and thus a new universe was created out of the swag. That, children, is how our current universe came to be.
- Twilight Sparkle, Mother of The Swag
(well, i did not expect to create THAT, umm sorry, i guess.)
Edit: Throwing spoiler tags on just in case

They see me rollin'! They hatin'!

Login or register to comment