• ...
4
 7
 2,470

Together As A Family

The crowd cheered loudly as the newly crowned alicorn, Princess Twilight Sparkle, waved to them below on the balcony, smiling nervously.
Next to her was her former mentor, Princess Celestia, wearing her long dress for the events and Twilight smiled as the princess whispered into her ear. "Say something, princess."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Oh," she said surprised before clearing her throat. "A little while ago, my teacher and mentor Princess Celestia sent me to live in Ponyville. She sent me to study friendship, which is something I didn't really care much about. But now, on a day like today, I can honestly say I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the friendships I've made with all of you. Each one of you taught me something about friendship, and for that, I will always be grateful. Today, I consider myself the luckiest pony in Equestria. Thank you, friends. Thank you, everypony!"

The crowd hollered once again as she finished her small speech and walked inside the coronation room, where her family and friends were all standing. She watched a group of ponies walk toward her, her friends.

"Way to go, princess!" She heard Applejack say in a happy tone as the rest of her friends smiled.

"Best coronation day ever!" Pinkie Pie screamed in excitement as she flew up into the air in glee. And, before Twlight could say it herself, it was Fluttershy who beat her to those three little words.

"We love you, Twilight," she said in a calm and heartfelt tone.

"I love you too, girls!" Twilight responded to her friends as they all held her into a huge hug.

After her little chat with her friends, Twilight was desperate to find her brother and that's when she saw him, right in front of the steps was him and Princess Cadance, their eyes full with tears of joy as they walked toward Twilight slowly.

"Twilight! I'm so proud of you!" Shining said in his soft tone as he tried to hide his tears as he nuzzled his little sister.

"Are you crying?" Twilight giggled with a huge grin. She never really seen Shining cry that much during the time they spent together. He rarely cried at all, but she remembered the day she had to say goodbye to him to go to Ponyville. That's when she really saw him cry in a long time until now.

She watched the unicorn stallion wipe away his tears and give a small smile at his sister before telling her. "Of course not. It's... It's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
The siblings laughed in unison before Twilight turned to Cadance, who was still crying as she came in to do their special hoofshake.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake," the two sister-in-laws said together as they danced on the elegant floor. "Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" Twilight and Cadance laughed as they nuzzled each other and smiled. Ever since the wedding, Twilight had been wanting to see Cadance on a day that wasn't going to hang Equestria in the balance, and today, luckily, was that day. Despite the whole mix up with the elements and cutie marks, of course.

"I'm so proud of you, Twilight," The pink alicorn said, her tears flowing down her wet cheeks. "It seems likes it was only yesterday when I first met you and Shining Armor so I could foalsit you. I wish I could just experience those moments again, but I'm glad that you have grown. I love you, Twi."

"I love you too, Cadance."

"Honey?" A voice called out behind Twilight. It sounded familiar, she had heard this voice many times before throughout her whole life. Twilight turned around to see two ponies and gasped in shock and surprise to see her parent's faces, smiles of joy and their eyes full of tears.

"Mom! Dad!" Twilight yelled out as she leaned toward the two ponies, pulling them into a tight embrace. Tears starting to form into her eyes slowly as she let go of them and smiled.

"We just came here to say that we are very proud of you, Twily." Her mother, Twilight Velvet said, sniffling during her sentence. "It seems like only yesterday you were born and now, look at you, you've grown up to be a curios, magical unicorn who turned into a princess, we love you, Twily, but you already know that."

"Oh mom," Her daughter giggled as she blushed a little. "No need to get dramatic, I know that you're very proud of me, and, I love you both.."

"Twi," Her father, Night Light, sudden said as he held up his daughter head. "Never change." He whispered softly as he kissed the top of her forehead before he and Velvet pulled her into another embrace.

"I won't."


The hours passed on by as Twilight boarded her chariot on the ride home to Ponyville. She knew that even though she had wings, she still had to learn how to fly and try to control her new alicorn magic. The chariot blew her mane softly in the breeze as she waved to the adoring crowd and to her friends, and as she looked at the crowd, she saw her family, waving back to her, smiling with glee as the chariot raced by them.

Twilight knew that they were proud of her. They have always been there for her, through her good times and bad times.
She knew that they would always be the same unicorn mare they took cared of, and would never think of her not only the newest ruler in Equestria, but their little Twily.

Comments ( 6 )

You saw Season 4 finale?

Not to beat the same old rhythm on my drum, but your forgot a member of Twilight's family–and her closest, most loyal friend.

Very cute story. I liked it.

Login or register to comment