• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,934 Views, 130 Comments

Sensational Serials: Silly, Short Stories for Silly, Short Ponies - PhycoKrusk



Silly short stories for your entertainment. Not related to anything else I have written. Also not a floatation device.

  • ...
4
 130
 1,934

PreviousChapters Next
Omake Theatre with Velvet Step: The Weird Things That Happen When Crystal Wishes Isn't Home

Velvet Step’s condo suddenly became crowded as two dozen changelings — including the absolute largest one she’d ever seen — and one mulberry purple and visibly pregnant alicorn came spilling out her kitchen, leaving her to do what any sane pony would do: Stare at the impossibility of it from the safety of her couch in uncomprehending shock.

“Oh, yes,” the big changeling said sardonically as it looked around. “Clearly we’re back in Ponyville. I’d recognize the crystal walls of your castle anywhere.”

“Don’t sass me, Wrecker. Don’t forget this is all your fault,” snapped the alicorn.

“Uh, Commander? Princess? Small problem,” said another of the changelings, directing their attention to Velvet. Smiling nervously, Velvet waved at them in what she hoped was a placating manner.

“Well,” said Wrecker. “So much for the stealthy approach.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll mind wipe her,” said one changeling.

“You most certainly will not do something so harsh! I’ll hypnotize her,” said another.

“Don’t bother with that hippie garbage. I’ll take care of her,” said a third.

“No, no, no!” shouted the purple alicorn. “No mind wiping —” She jabbed her hoof at the changeling that had suggested so — “No hypnosis —” She jabbed her hoof at the changeling that had suggested so — “No whatever you were going to do —” She jabbed her hoof at the changeling that had suggested so — “Put it back!” She whirled about and jabbed her hoof towards the other end of the room.

Velvet’s gaze followed it to find another changeling that had been in the middle of lifting a framed picture from its spot by the front door. After a few seconds of hesitation, it placed it back on its hanger and dejectedly rejoined the others. The alicorn watched it move the way a mother might watch a foal, and finally placed her hoof back down. “Good. Now, everypony stay together and don’t touch anything while I figure out where to go. There’s bound to be an anchor point we can use for a portal,” she said.

“Maybe it’s in my closet?” Velvet suggested, still in something of a daze. “Three sweaters disappeared from it this year and I know my roommate doesn’t have them.”

“Yes, that’s…” the alicorn began before trailing off. All at once, she smiled widely. “Yes, thank you! Erm, which way?” When Velvet numbly pointed towards her room, she was answered with a happy nod. “Perfect! Alright, everypony, let’s go.” With that said, the alicorn started towards Velvet’s room, followed by Wrecker, and then by all the others. Their hoof steps faded into total quiet after a few moments.

A few moments after that, the front door opened and Crystal Wishes stepped inside. “Velvet, you won’t believe what I just saw,” she said, shutting the door behind her and shrugging off her saddlebags. “There’s a stallion outside selling some kind of breakfast sandwich. It’s pancakes with the syrup mixed in instead of bread and then an omelette and cheese in the middle. Have you ever heard of anything that strange before?”

Keeping her expression carefully neutral so as not to panic her roommate about the changelings that had just been in their condo, she turned her face to look at Crystal and said, as evenly and calmly as she could:

“No, no I haven’t.”

Author's Note:

Ever get the feeling that Velvet Step is like a magnet for the strange and unusual?

PreviousChapters Next