• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,933 Views, 130 Comments

Sensational Serials: Silly, Short Stories for Silly, Short Ponies - PhycoKrusk



Silly short stories for your entertainment. Not related to anything else I have written. Also not a floatation device.

  • ...
4
 130
 1,933

Chapters Next
Twily and Sombs: Get in the Car!

“And... perfect!”

Princess Twilight Sparkle stepped back to admire the house of cards she'd built. It hadn’t been easy, but with the careful application of sound science (and maybe just a tiny bit of paste), she'd done it.

And then, it collapsed as one crystal wall of her library detonated. She whipped her head around to bear witness to a four-wheeled metal monstrosity colliding with floor and spinning, skidding to a halt just before it hit her.

With her admittedly limited exposure to the human world, she was able to identify it as an automobile.

Those of us who actually care about this kind of stuff, of course, would have correctly identified it as as hot rod red 1963 Ford Thunderbird convertible — supercharged — with all chrome hubcaps and a custom six-speed transmission.

And in the driver's seat was King Sombra, wearing a very urgent expression.

“Get in the car!” he shouted.

Twilight responded as any rational creature in the same situation by saying, “What?” with wide, confused eyes. This, naturally, did not help Sombra’s mood.

“Don’t ask me stupid questions, just get in the car!”

Her mind was neatly made up for her when several bolts of orange light went streaking past her head. She looked frantically in the direction they originated from — namely, the hole that the Thunderbird had punched through the wall — just in time to see a robotic, rocket-propelled alicorn explode in a shower of sparks and crash to the floor in a twisted heap, courtesy of Sombra's return fire. Five more were approaching fast from the distance. Not sparing another thought at how absurd her day had just become, Twilight scrambled over the door and into the passenger seat.

“Buckle up. It’s gonna be a rough ride,” Sombra ordered, shifting to first gear.

“What?” Twilight asked.

The only answer she received was Sombra mashing the hoof-shaped accelerator to the floor. The ‘TROTOMETER’ jumped almost immediately to 6,000 RPM and the engine roared like a dragon.

He dropped the clutch.

Twilight — being an irresponsible passenger and not wearing a seatbelt — was pinned in her seat as the front end lifted off the ground for a split second, the automobile lurching forward towards another wall just as the five metallicorns zoomed in through the giant hole. She screamed as Sombra punched a button on the dashboard, ripping opened another hole, this one through time and space. The Thunderbird and its frantic passengers raced through, the metallicorns dove in after them, and the portal winked out of existence with a slurp, leaving the library in silent disarray.































The door opened. “Twilight, I found the —” said Spike as he saw the giant hole in the wall. A glance around revealed no sign of Twilight Sparkle. He considered the situation for several seconds.

“Nope,” he decided. He quietly shut the door as he left.

Chapters Next