• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,933 Views, 130 Comments

Sensational Serials: Silly, Short Stories for Silly, Short Ponies - PhycoKrusk



Silly short stories for your entertainment. Not related to anything else I have written. Also not a floatation device.

  • ...
4
 130
 1,933

PreviousChapters Next
Omake Theatre with Velvet Step: The Secret Changeling Ability to Defy Logic

Velvet Step was in a pickle, although luckily not literally because she wasn’t too keen on the smell of vinegar. After being mistaken for a changeling at the malt shop and subsequently arrested, she paced back and forth in her not-quite-cozy cell in the Canterlot dungeon, newly possessed of a very keen understanding how the changelings had managed to catch the Royal Guard by surprise.

Even worse, answering that particular question was only causing her to think of several new ones that she was pretty sure she’d be a lot happy not having answers to.

But salvation arrived! He heard the door at the far end of the corridor open and close, and the sound of approaching (if odd-sounding) hoofsteps. She rushed up the the bars of her cell, eager to give her visitor — most likely the Guard coming to let her know that Crystal bailed her out — a piece of her mind.

“Finally! Do you have any idea how long I’ve —”

The sentence died in her throat when she saw that her visitor was not a Guard or even Crystal Wishes, but was in fact Vril Drox(?), with nothing at all to conceal his identity except for a sign hanging around his neck.

“Seriously,” she said more than asked.

“I admit it’s not my best disguise, but I had to make do.”

“It’s not a disguise at all!” Velvet shouted, stomping her hoof on the floor. “You literally just walked into the palace dungeon without any disguise at all except for a sign that says ‘not a changeling’ in… is that crayon?”

“Ok, one, it doesn’t say ‘not a changeling.’ It say says ‘NOT A CHANGELING.’ Two, it’s not crayon, it’s artist’s wax. And three, you’re making this jailbreak unnecessarily difficult,” Socket Wrench(?) replied with an irritated scowl. He reached a tarsus behind his sign and pulled out a bobbie pin, immediately setting to work on the lock.

“Give me one good reason why I should trust you. Don’t forget that you lied to me,” Velvet demanded, standing up as tall as she could (which still wasn’t that tall).

Socket Drox(?) leveled a flat glare at her. “Given how you reacted, can you blame me? If ponies screamed in your face every time you stepped outside, you’d wear a disguise too!” he responded.

They glared for several seconds, and finally Vril Wrench(?) sighed and resumed working on the lock. “Look, I’m sorry you found out this way. I’ll make it up to you,” he said. With a final crank of his bobbie pin, the lock clicked the the door swung open.

Velvet glared for a moment longer, and then sighed as well. “Fine,” she said. “You can start by getting me out of here.”

The changeling grinned. “I’ve got just the thing.”

A few minutes later, two ponies with enormous white beards who were plainly labeled ‘NOT SUSPICIOUS’ casually strolled onto the streets of Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Really, Chrysalis went about the whole invasion business all wrong.

A few dozen sets of matching coveralls with "Pat" stitched on them and the changelings would've been unstoppable.

PreviousChapters Next