• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,925 Views, 130 Comments

Sensational Serials: Silly, Short Stories for Silly, Short Ponies - PhycoKrusk



Silly short stories for your entertainment. Not related to anything else I have written. Also not a floatation device.

  • ...
4
 130
 1,925

PreviousChapters Next
Omake Theatre with Velvet Step: The Nice If Exceedingly-Suspicious Repairpony

A gift for Crystal Wishes, although there’s a chance that after actually reading it, she’ll instead consider it a declaration of war: A risk I’m willing to take.


With a mighty yawn, Velvet Step lifted her head from the sofa pillow in victory: The pink-coated, mauve-maned mare had conquered the world of dancing, the world of home ownership, and now the world of sleep!

Or, more accurately, the front door of dancing, the foyer of home ownership, and the gently-sloping hill of sleep, but she’d only had a nap to work with so those are still pretty serious accomplishments considering.

Her victory celebration — which, to the untrained eye, probably looked a lot like rubbing sleep out of her eyes — was cut short when her attention was firmly drawn to the kitchen by the sound of metal lightly clanging against metal, and her breath hitched forcefully in her throat: There was a changeling in her home!

But then, she remembered that it was just Socket Wrench, the repairpony who was recommended to her by a neighbor when the kitchen faucet had decided to take a crack at being a fountain (and who was also apparently stricken with a series of very bizarre recessive traits inherited from his parents), and relaxed. It took only another moment before he noticed her.

“Welcome back!” he said.

“Thanks. How long was I out?” Velvet asked.

“Only about a half hour,” Socket replied, tossing some tool or another into his bag before hefting it across his back. “But perfect timing! I’m just finishing up.”

“Thank goodness! I thought for sure I was going to drown for a little bit. How much do I owe you?” Velvet asked as she rose from the sofa.

“Well, what say you to, oh, six bits?”

Velvet Step blanched. “That’s all?”

“For something that took thirty minutes and no weird parts? Of course that’s all!” Socket was getting very agitated. “Who in their right mind would charge more than that?”

“The repairpony I talked to before you?”

A brief silence fell.

“Yeah, that does sound like something he’d do,” Socket mused. “Tell you what. There’s this bakery up the way, Sunridge Sweets. Do you know it?”

Velvet smirked. “Oh, I think I do,” she said.

“Great! How about a round of cocoa and cake, say, tomorrow at noon, and we’ll call it even?”

“I think that’s a great idea!”

“Glad to hear it!”

Socket shuffled one leg almost nervously. “Well, anyway, gotta get to my next appointment. See you tomorrow, Ms. Step?”

“See you tomorrow, Mister Wrench.”

With happy nods, they trotted to the front door, repairpony exiting and resident remaining to shut the door behind him.

What a curious fellow! If she had to describe him with one word, it would be ‘nice’. If she had to describe him with three words, they would be ‘nice, if exceedingly-suspicious’, the presence of the hyphen turning two words into one and the total thus counting as only three words (editor’s note: this is untrue). She had even momentarily suspected that he might be a changeling when he first arrived, but quickly decided that was silly.

True, his legs were suspiciously riddled with holes.

And true, his cutie mark did look suspiciously like makeup.

And true, some of his teeth did look suspiciously like fangs.

But his luxuriant, red mustache had laid those concerns to rest almost immediately; everypony knew that changelings couldn’t grow facial hair.

“Better figure out how to let him down gently, just in case,” Velvet concluded.

Outside, of course, was a completely different story.

“And that’s how we do it! Vril Drox collects again!”

The — in all truth, not very convincingly — disguised changeling shuffle-danced to the left, and to the right, then shuffled in a tight circle before striking a pose for a nonexistent camera, a tarsus stroking his artificial facial hair.

“Just gotta flash the ‘stache!”

Author's Note:


Seems legit!

PreviousChapters Next