• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,135 Views, 7 Comments

Battlefield 4: Harmony War - Ocean Heart



Luna and Celestia pick up an old feud in a new way...by diving head first into a video game about war, explosions, amazing luck and a lot of skill.....what could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
6
 7
 1,135

Canterlot (Conquest)

Just another game night...Thats all it was going to be.

A night with snacks, drinks and a friendly game to take the two sisters away from their duties for a little while. Of course it wouldn't be an adventure worth sharing if it was a normal night. Luna gleamed with anticipation while Celestia examined the controller curiously, this was the first night that the PonyStation 4 was hooked up properly and PSN was finally working. After a bit of a download and even more waiting...game night was a go!

"So...how do I win?" Celestia asked quietly.

Luna scoffed and hit the go to look for a good server, leaning to show her sibling what button does what.

"See, the R2 fires the gun and L2 helps you aim, R1 spots the other team and L1 tosses grenades. Other than that...you'll find out easily enough once we get started."

Luna bounced in her seat and squeed in excitement.

"I cannot believe we are finally playing! I heard the next gen graphics are almost like real life."

Celestia looked unsure what to think...game night was going to be a simple thing with casual games. Rumors were that this game was very...very complicated.

"Oh,you two are actually going to play that game?"

The sisters shrieked in shock when the voice of Discord came from just above them. Sure enough, the "reformed" Draconequus was hovering above them with a bucket of popcorn.

"I took you for the role playing type, Princes Luna..."

Luna could feel something was amiss...she looked at the screen and huffed when it was still updating. Taking the extra time to glare at Discord.

"We can have fun in all sorts of games." She said with a dignified tone.

"Why is it still updating...?" Celestia asked herself.

Luna groaned and started mashing buttons. Discord floating around them with the bucked on his belly and tossing a handful in his mouth occasionally.

"You know, I heard that this system is as close to real life as you can get." He mused. "In fact...why wait for a update when you can just...jump in the action!"

Celestia knew what was coming...she felt her heart stop when she jumped up, only to be frozen in place with her sister, the camera on the PS4 camera suddenly trapping them in a beam of digital light.

"Have fun! Oh and...try not to lose....the consequences could be dire..."

The two goddess began to disappear into the camera one byte at a time until both vanished without a trace. Discord happily floating down on Celestia's pillow and picking up her controller. Who said game night was limited to the girls? He could have just as much fun.

_ _

Luna's eyes fluttered slowly, the sunlight pouring through the cracks in the armored car was painful at first, but it slowly subsided when she pulled her blue digi camo hat down.

Wait...armored car?!

The silence was suddenly nerve racking and she looked around to get a better gauge on her surroundings. A pony in a gold uniform was looking into the control screen of a mounted gun while the driver and his passenger debated quicker ways to get to the control point. A blare in her ear made her wince in surprise, but it quickly cleared up to a male voice.

"I'm gonna need you to attack Bravo!"

Attack?!

The mounted gun shot off suddenly and made the Lunar princess jump in her seat. Gun shots pinged of the side of the car and the passenger brought out his own rifle to add to the gunfire.

"What is happening?! Explain this to us!!!"

The ponies around her ignored her question, almost as if they couldn't even hear her..

The car stopped and the passenger jumped out, firing off a grenade to send what ever he was aiming at for cover...

"Get out!" The driver shouted as he took to the ground, rifle in the air by his magic and rushing for the house he parked in front of.

Luna had no choice, an explosion rocked the car and she knew that the metal would not hold after another blast. Rushing out the back doors with the gunner, she ducked as fast as she could into the building and noticed a quiet beep coming from her arm...it was a capture meter, the ponies around her taking up potions by the windows and trying to take out the squad that forced them to flee the armored car. Stuck at a half capture....Luna reached for a weapon and sure enough, an assault rifle with underslung launcher and ACOG sight was in her hooves, a bullet nearly took her hoof off and she stumbled back and ducked under the window...

Confusion soon turned into survival...she glared at the gun and jumped up, lifting it in the air with her magic and aiming down the sights to find the first target....a enemy wearing black rushing from cover with a launcher in hoof...was taken down by a short burst from her weapon.

ENEMY KILLED 100
HEADSHOT 25
125

"H-hey...we are...in the game!!"

Again, the ponies around her didn't hear what she was saying; but now she knew that it was because they were just computers. No guilt for killing a computer...no fear of actually dyeing...now this was fun. Luna grinned and ran up to the second floor, a solider following her closely and setting up his bi-pod LMG after shattering the window. Luna takes up post and watches a flag outside raise with a sun logo...

"Am I on my sister's team...?"





Celestia woke up slowly, the soft wind and calm silence was comforting in a small way. Most of her though lie on Discord, no doubt enjoying his little show. Shaking her head a little to clear the fog over her mind, the bright sun blinding her for just a moment as she regained consciousness.

"That joker will pay for this.." She said to herself. "Now where..am...I?!?!" Celestia finished the thought with a scream of terror.

Falling at an alarming rate, the wind was pulling at her mane tucked under the heavy helmet and her wings refused to open, stuck under some kind of backpack..

"No no no no no!"

Instinct kicked in and she grabbed at anything on her body that might save her, yanking a cord hard enough to make it snap; knocking the wind from her, a parachute opened wide and slowed her fall just in the nick of time. The impact with the ground shook her up a little, but soon she found her attention taken by the tell tale ping of a sniper bullet bouncing off the rock hiding the respawn beacon.

"Who- Oh my-!" She gets out before gagging...a dead pony with a bloody hole in his helmet is next to the beacon. "Who would play this for fun?!" She cries, huddling down behind the rock and pulling her helmet as far over her eyes as possible, wishing to just ride out this storm.

"I found the noob!"

The chatter forced her to look up, staring down the barrel of a automatic weapon and the victorious glare of a solider clad in gold.

"B-but I'm your princess!"

About to yank at her uniform to show her solar alignment...her heart sinking so much further when the Lunar Empire patch on her chest mocked her.

"Any last words?" Came the voice of a colt again...

Celestia looked at the dead sniper as he melted back into pixels and vanished, leaving behind a rifle and .45 gleaming in the sunlight.

The assault rifle clicked its shell in the chamber, suddenly, Celestia jumps for the sniper left behind and dodged a blast from her tormentor...time slowing down almost, she let out one long breath and watched him turn to zero in on her again; the scope was almost peaceful, serine sounds of the flowing river under her hilltop and the only sound of her breathing reaching her ears; taking a deep breath and bringing herself to a crouch as she pulled down on the trigger and watched his eyes roll back and blood gush from the back of his head.

"What?! I call hax!"

Celestia was shaking a little, the score rolling by on the monitor over her eye.

"How can anypony find this fun?!"

-Peakaboo...-

The crack of a shot pinged off the nearby rock and sent Celestia back for cover; a playful laugh ringing from her earpiece


-I wish I could see the look on your face! Tia! This game is amazing!!!-

"Luna! Cease this nonsense at once! Discord is playing us for fools!"

Another bit of laughter, Celestia cursed silently when she realized there was no reasoning with her sister. Luna just saw it as a game to be won...Celestia saw the bigger implications if this was allowed to continue. Discord never played fair...and it seems that he had a monkey paw about this little game of his; she just prayed Luna would not find out the hard way what it means to be real in a virtual war...

Celestia took a deep breath and thought of a way out of her situation..checking the radar in the heads up display inches from her eye, she smirked a little at the green pings all converging..

"Luna...I think a group of my allies are surrounding you."

-What?- Static filled the channel and the sound of a mare shouting in surprise echoed above the panicked gunfire, Celestia jumped up and ran for it; hooves digging into the dirt and wind rushing through her sweat covered fur..

-You tricked me! They weren't even after me!!-

Celestia couldn't stop herself from growing a mischievous smile, out of her sister sights and victorious in forcing her to abandon her position. No doubt a few soldiers were "killed" trying to stop her.

The run gave Celestia time to think; ducking for cover inside a building, she slowed to a stop, panting a little and setting the heavy rifle on a nearby table to give her magic a rest. Discord had trapped them in this video game, he gave a cryptic warning...or at least, she thought she read his devilish grin right just before waking up in the sky correctly...but what did she know about Battlefield..

"Conquest...keep hiding long enough until the enemy runs out of troops...I just need to wait this out until somepony wins; then Discord will bring us back and we can have a nice long chat..."

-I'm afraid not, my sweet princess.-

[Commander Online.]


The message rolled by her eyepiece and she stopped reloading to see what was about to happen...

-Attention everypony! This is your dashing, and may I add witty, commander speaking; there are currently two high value targets on each team, Princess Celestia fighting for the Luna Empire, and Princess Luna, wearing the blue and gold of the United Solar Republic. Who ever takes out those targets gets a special unlock from Discord himself! The sly dog...-

A bit of laughter followed and Luna soon felt her heart sink when the gunfire stopped...

-Oh, and of course, the team with their princess still alive, wins a massive bonus to their rank! Now resume the game! No sense in delaying this fun turn of events...-

The comm fell to static and the name XxDi5c0r61iciousxX sat in the commander slot...silently mocking the lunar princess. Luna picked up her rifle and med-kit, stowing it before taking off out of the building in search for teammates for protection; as she ran, she began to understand that this could very well be a game of survival.

-Princess Luna!-

Luna whipped around, pointing her gun and landing her sighs squarely between the eyes of a gold guard.

-I'm on your side!-

The guard's rifle suddenly became a small pistol with a slight shift, the solider crouching down in a form of bow...for what the game could do, at least.

-Luna! I had this feeling that your character looked weird.-

It was a little disturbing to hear the voice in her ear speaking to her but no mouth moving, plus...did he just call her weird looking? A loud blast shakes the ground behind them, Luna brings his rifle up reflexively and the guard next to her crouches down low on his front legs to move at any moment...but nothing comes. Luna lets out a calming sigh and the guard stands back up.

"So what is you name besides...?"

Motioning up to the name hovering over his head. "PussyDestroyer69". Letting out a quick laugh and sounding a little embarrassed, he took a glance at the door to buy himself tom to remember his name...

"Coffee Stain...Most my friends just call my C. S. since my name is just the worst."

Luna found herself laughing, the middle of a war zone and death creeping around every corner...yet she was just having a conversation like the casuals she so mocked. The door burst open and Luna shot around, both of them shooting first and filling a Night guard with two clips worth of lead.

"They're camping in the shack by B!"

Luna cursed silently and started running for the backdoor, Coffee Stain following quickly and reloaded as he ran. The moment they burst into the backyard, a truck crashed through the fence full of guards with an evil glare and dark uniforms; Luna barely noticed the mounted gun rotating to her before it exploded into a flurry of fire and metal and the ragdolls went flying with spurts of blood. Glancing over to her partner with the smoking grenade tube made her somehow proud, relived and slightly turned on...an interesting mixture of feelings after looking at death swinging its machine gun at you.

"Thanks for the save..." She said with a shaky breath.

A slightly smug nod and quick reload made her scoff and continue on with just a bit faster pace, running in open field but trying to go from building to building to avoid a sniper. The counter was at fifty remaining for both sides, the Lunar guard was dropping a bit faster seeing as Luna owned both Alpha an Bravo; perhaps if neither of them die, the game will still end.

Grunting when she tripped over a large rock and slamming her back into the cover of a building wall in an alleyway, her gun went off a few times into the ground and echoed all through out the empty city...

"Uh..." Coffee Stain said with fear edging into his voice.

"I don't think anypony heard us..."

The wall the two were taking cover on suddenly exploded into flying rock and shrapnel and the roaring engine of a tank rolled down the street..that is, it was heard when the ringing in Luna's ears stopped and her vision returned. Pulling herself off the ground..and trying to put together how she got there, she wiped her head to smear the blood off and throw down a medpack; the stallion managed to pull himself off the ground and his wounds started closing on their own. Luna just needed to make sure he was alive, picking up her gun and peaking around the corner to see the tank rolling up still to make sure its target was obliterated.

"We gotta move, now!"

Luna picked up the solider and dragged him down the alley when another blast created a crater where they were just standing.

"Stupid lag!" Coffee shouted into his mic.

Suddenly he was back in the game, yanking out of Luna's grip and running along on his own; a rapid fire into a gate tore a exit for them into another street, Luna checked right and to down two guards in mid sprint with a big grin on her face. Coffee had used a smoke grenade to cover the crowd on the left before shooting randomly and taking three of the five down, they ran again for Alpha in the hopes of finding friendly help...but as the numbers ticked down,it was obvious that they wouldn't reach it in time.

A sniper shot cracked Coffee in the leg and he went down in the middle of the street, the smoke was clearing...

Luna turned around quickly and took down the remaining enemies and tossed down a medkit, running in circles so the sniper would have a hard time hitting her.

"Heal! Hurry up!!"

As he was getting back up, a shot cracked again and his skull grew a hoof sized hole in the side...

"Damn it! Luna, run!" Coffee managed to say before respawn cut his mic off.

Gritting her teeth..Luna started a full sprint to the castle...the last point owned by the Lunar guard and exactly where the sniper was hiding. The tank backed into the street through a building and fired its cannon, a miss; it exploded harmlessly far to her left. A great leap and lucky toss of a pack of C4 land right on the top of it.

"GET OUT-!"

With a mad grin, the moment she landed, she hit the trigger. Nothing but smoking parts and blood erupted from the detonation,points rolled by her hud and the score ticked down faster and faster she she ran, gunning down everything in her war path.

The detail that went into the castle was almost disturbing...it really felt like she was storming her own home to kill the king at the top of the hill.

By the time she was at the door to the highest room in the castle, she had managed to make top score and bring the final tally to one against twenty. It only occurred to her at the last second just why the game wasn't automatically over. Barging into the room and nearly taking a shot to the head, the bullet grazed her cheek and blinded her for just a moment...just long enough to get kicked and sent back out of the room, body slamming into the wall and sliding down; her gun few a few feet away and she found herself looking down a long barrel of a still smoking rifle...but it was the violet eyes and white fur that really surprised her...

"Sister?!" Sounding like her pride was hurting more than her body..

Celestia looked angry...more than angry, she looked furious.

"S-sister? You wouldn't..."

The bolt was pulled back by a force of magic and the empty round flew out to make way for the new one.

Luna took a glance at the score and felt her heart sink; Celestia was top dog with a frightening kill count, most of them head shots.

"Lets not drag this out..." Celestia said coldly.

All Luna heard was a gunshot...

-We have a winner!-

_ _

Luna woke up with a startle in her beanbag chair, breathing rapidly and sweating a little. It took a moment for her memory to catch up...

"DISCORD!" She yelled.

The care free prankster floated by, popcorn bucket nearly empty and a with one of her spare headsets around his neck.

"How was your first game, Princess?" He asked, as if unaware of the damage he's done..

"How could you! That was very villainous of you."

A soft sigh came from behind her, quickly tilting her head back to see her sister upside down...or rather, standing over her with a disappointed look on her face.

"And yet you refused to surrender."

Luna felt flabbergasted..

"Y-YOU DIDN'T EITHER!"

Celestia tilted her nose up, obviously wiping her hooves of any guilt for gunning down her own sister.

"Enjoy your game, I think I shall rest myself after such a trial..." Celestia turned and headed for the door to exit Luna's room, Discord giggling madly at just how frustrated the loser looked. "Besides, that game is a tad too easy...perhaps I shall try again when you have gained more experience..."

"YOU!-"

Celestia ran and slammed the door before a controller came flying and put a hole in the wall...

"BUCK THIS GAME!" Luna said...grabbing Celestia's controller and a bottle of Mountain Lightening... "Get more experience...maybe if my flank was as fat as yours I'd be better at sitting on it and playing games..."

"Eloquently put." Discord added, quickly floating over to rest his elbows on her head...which she ignored.

Luckily, to break the fury of the Lunar goddess, a notification popped up.

PussyDestroyer69 would like to add you

"....Sure, guess a little chatting might calm me down."

Author's Note:

This was nearly impossible to write simply for the fact that I wanted to go play games after ten minuets of writing about playing games >o<

Comments ( 7 )

Pretty damn funny:rainbowwild:

"What could possibly go wrong?"

Need you ask this question? The game glitches out and Dice refuses to fix. That's what goes wrong.

Lol, I know why Luna lost... she didn't have a pro helo pilot protecting her! I swear, I may have only gotten marked by a commander 3 times, but every single time I did, the entire team fell on me!

This is good, interesting, and very funny. Like serouisly, that gamertag! I have SEEN names like that before too!!! :rainbowlaugh:

I just typed in "Battlefield 4" into the search bar and then this gem came up. That was entirely unexpected :rainbowderp:

6789851 Unexpected suprises! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment