• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 1,097 Views, 7 Comments

Draconicus Incognito - zztfox



Can Discord fill another certain Purple Alicorn's Horse Shoes for a Day?

  • ...
2
 7
 1,097

~CHAPTER EIGHT: Patience is a Virtue~

“Thanks for inviting me over for tea, Fluttershy.” This voice belonged to the REAL Princess Twilight.

It had been a few days since the Trader Exchange at Rainbow Falls and Twilight had pretty much recovered from her Feather Flu symptoms by then.

“Don't mention it, Twilight.” Fluttershy beamed at getting the chance to chat with her friend, even if Discord had made a rather close substitute of her.

Twilight wasn't exactly focused on Fluttershy at the moment, though.

“Your house doesn't normally spin like that, right?” Twilight finally questioned.

“I promised Discord that he could have his way for a couple hours today...” Fluttershy admitted.

A flock of birds flew over, upside down, chirping “Flight of the Valkyrie”, followed by Twilight's tea cup spontaneously changing into a frog and hopping right into her face.

“HEY!” Shouted Twilight.

And with that the table they where sitting at turned into just that, a bale of hay.

“He must have been rather behaved at the Trader Exchange for you to let him do all this!” Twilight rolled her eyes as Fluttershy's fence started to do “The Wave”.

“He really was, Twilight! He helped me and Rainbow out of a bind and everything. He didn't cause as much as a single uproar!” Fluttershy smiled

It was THEN that all the photos Princess Discord had signed enchantments kicked in.

To this day, there are still ponies that flinch at the mere mention of Discord's earsplitting rendition of “Princess Twilight is in da' House”. It did manage to make the Top 10 Chart on The Canterlot One Hit Wonders List, as hard as that can be to imagine and despite Twilight's attempt to destroy every copy that ever existed.

Another story for another time, perhaps.

Comments ( 3 )

Since nopony has written anything yet, I will go ahead:

Reading this fanfiction is like watching an alternate version of the events of this episode. The idea that Discord keeps them all busy to be able to spread his chaos is an interesting take and gives the episode fresh air.
Though, that's also where the problem of the story is:

Discords's behavior is not justified, when we think on it that nopony of them could stop him anyway if he wants to spread his chaos.
It's just not necessary for him to distract them all to spread chaos, which creates a plothole here.
Written that way that he let those things happen to Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity simply because he can cause even more chaos with that would have worked much better for your story.
You also should get a pre-reader or check your story by yourself after you have written it down, before you publish your next story. There are many mistakes like missing words or wrong letters in it.
The term for Discord is also called "Draconequus" and not "Draconicus".

Otherwise, it's a good story and your writing style is already quite developed for your first one.
Welcome to the world of pony fanfic writing, Zztfox!
If your stories are as hilarious and refreshing as your pixel comics I will read thim with glee! :scootangel:

Thanks!

I do probably need a pre-reader for my next story, IF that ever happens.

I am going to try and restart Pinkie's Quest over the break, as well as keep up the pixel comics and animations.

On top of making games and working, I might only have time for a short story (MAYBE two).

Also, about the plothole, I always thought Discord limited his Chaotic-ness to keep being friends with Fluttershy. I figured if he had the Mane Six distracted, he would be able to cause quite a bit of chaos without them noticing, lessening the chances that Fluttershy would stop being his friend.

But, yeah, your idea sound solid as well :)

That was a fun read! Though I feel sorry for the book owner who actually wanted the horseshoe...

Login or register to comment