• Published 6th May 2014
  • 670 Views, 40 Comments

Midnight's Dream - Lunar Splash



This is a story of the 3 royal pony sisters. Ya. I said 3. My oc (Midnight Magic) is the youngest sister and has a horrrible dream about the future of Equestria. The worst part; she doesn't warn Celestia.

  • ...
13
 40
 670

The Dream (Part 1)

Midnight Magic found herself in a barren desert. Did Celestia cast a spell wrong? She thought. Surely her sisters wouldn’t do something like this to her on purpose? Out of options, she decided to take in her surroundings. A large sand dune stood tall in front of her, with various holes throughout the mound. Then one of the holes stirred. A black pony/insect-like creature popped out that was about the size of her eldest sister, Celestia. It had holes all over its body, a jagged horn (also full of holes), and green, leathery wings. Her, assuming it was a mare, had narrow slit-like eyes, almost like an angry cat’s. Then another one of the creature, a smaller version, rushed to the first. It bowed to the larger one and said,

“My Queen. I bring you good news.” The voice was harsh and raspy. It sounded like the creature hadn’t had a drink of water in years.

“What is it? It better be good for you to leave your post.” The larger one threatened. Her voice sounded like two voices speaking at the same time out of the same mouth.

“Oh, I assure you it is good news, my Queen.” The smaller one said. “We have found a huge area. It is full of love. Much more love than in any other place we have ever been. This place of love is known as Equestria.”

Equestria? Midnight Magic thought. Who in the hay do these… these… things think they are!?!? Then the scene changed. It looked like she was inside the mound now. There were tiny little creatures all around her. They all were chanting, “Queen Chrysalis! Queen Chrysalis!”

Then the original pony walked onto a stage-type thing. She was assuming this was the “Queen Chrysalis” the ponies around her were shouting for.

“My changeling subjects,” Queen Chrysalis called. Everything went silent. “I have gathered you all here to tell you of more food and power! There is a land full of love, all ours for the taking!” The crowd cheered. Midnight was feeling less and less happy with whatever was going on around her.

“Are we going to take it?!?!?” Queen Chrysalis shouted at the crowd.

“YYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!” The crowd sounded off all at once, as if they were not many, but one individual. The ground shook. She felt as though her ears would explode. Once again, the scene changed. She was at a very strange castle. There was a bright pink alicorn and Queen Chrysalis.

“Stop! Stay away from me! What do you want?!?!” The pink alicorn screamed.

“All I want is your soon-to-be-wed husband’s love for you, as well as Equestria! Take a good look, because this may be the last time you ever see your beloved kingdom!” Chrysalis then started to cast a spell. Green fire rose up around the alicorn princess. Midnight wanted to help the poor alicorn, but found that she couldn’t move her legs or hooves at all. Then the alicorn was gone, submerged into an unknown place, later to be known as the Crystal Mines, a prison to greedy unicorns.

Then Chrysalis cast another spell. The green fire rose around her, engulfing her very being. But it didn’t seem to be transporting her. It was transforming her, and once the spell was finished, she looked just like the pink alicorn. She cackled, and yet again the scene changed.

Now she could see there was a pink dome out in the distance, surrounding the palace. She heard the cackling again, and the pink dome shattered. on the outside the small creatures started to rush in. Ponies were screaming and running everywhere. Then the things attacked. Ponies were encased in light green liquid-solids, the creatures creeping up. She cried out in agony for these ponies. Why must her nightmares terrify her so? If only she could escape, so that she may tell her sisters the horrifying tales. Little did she know, that she may not see one sister for many, many moons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midnight Magic woke up in her room. She was glad to be back in the real world. Should I tell my sisters about this? She thought. The birds were chirping loudly and the sky was bright pink. The stars were not showing, however. She went onto the balcony that branched off from her room. The sun was on the western horizon, it was time for Luna and Midnight to raise the stars and moon. The youngest sister (Midnight) was on the night balcony first, with her older sister Luna following close behind.

As Celestia’s sun sank down further and further, Midnight made different stars appear one by one, giving it that fading effect. As she saw how happy her sisters were, she decided not to tell them. Why should she ruin their happiness with her unrealistic dream? So she was quiet, perfectly encased in raising her dimmer stars one by one, so that once the moon was raised all the brighter stars would appear at once. But Luna wasn’t paying much attention.

“Luna?” Midnight asked her sister. “ Are you doing alright?” That seemed to rouse her sister and she raised the moon swiftly only to slow it down to catch up with Celestia’s falling sun. Once the moon was in position, millions of brilliant white stars flooded the sky, creating a beautiful display that seemed to be led by the North Star, the brightest star of them all. The sun had vanished under the horizon by now, and Tia was flying over to the balcony nicknamed night.

“Luna, you seem distracted. Is something wrong?” She asked, both concern and curiosity was showing in her eyes.

“I’m fine,” Luna replied. “I just had a weird dream last day.”

“What was it about?” Midnight asked. Surely her sister had not had the same dream?

“Very black and thorny plants were covering all of Equestria, and the three of us were entangled in some of the brambles over by the Tree of Harmony. But then, six ponies came and saved us. One was orange with a yellow mane, one was white with a curly purple mane, one was a cyan color with a mane of the rainbow, one was yellow with a long, flowing pink mane, one was completely pink and very jumpy, and the last one, which I find strange, was a purple alicorn with a navy blue and pink mane.” Luna explained. Celestia was trying to analyze what she just heard.

“However, the craziest part was that they each held the power of an element of harmony.” She finished. The elements of harmony were powerful jewels that held an element of friendship. Midnight did not get one, but she had secret ones that she found on her own at the roots of the Tree of Harmony. “Well, it may have just been a weird dream. If anything else happens in another dream of yours, Luna, feel free to tell Midnight or myself.” And with that said, Celestia took off to her room to get her sleep.

Author's Note:

Remember, this is only part one. More of Midnight's dreams will be in the next few parts! Please, no rude comments! I rebuked submission so I could edit this and make it better. I was upset with many of the ponies who commented last time. Also, I have other, non-alicorn, ocs. No hating on this, and if you do hate it, don't comment it. Just suggest ways it could be better. I'd appreciate it! Thanks to princess_luna_lovegood for being kind to me during this first part of my joining FIM Fiction. Thank every pony else who was kind and appreciative of my first piece. This is Princess Midnight, signing off!

Comments ( 34 )

So you basically wrote an OC about what basically amounts to a Multiple Personality.

Oh, and that "OC" is actually Nightmare moon, because you're a special snowflake who doesn't afraid of anything.

media.giphy.com/media/QRkhoTjSQqfV6/giphy.gif

Ignore the asshole. Please. If you don't, he'll just make this comment section a living hell. I've dealt with him already.

4344936 You haven't "dealt" with me so much as "gotten your internet ass handed to you on a silver platter".

And I'm sorry if using logic to point out MASSIVE FUCKING PLOT HOLES offends your sensibility.

P.S: I still suggest you make Darwin proud.

4345011 go. To. Hell. I'm not doing this shit again, so stop bothering me.

4345023 And that, sweet anonymous is why you choose the battles only you can fight :3.

Tragedy, Sad

TRAGEDY =/= SAD

4345027
4345023

Give me the deets, geeks. What's the low-down? What's the word you heard, son? All your information is on a need-to-know basis, and I need to know. For fuck's sake, just tell me what's happening.

4345077 It's just another case of differentiating opinions.

Comment posted by Pyriel deleted May 6th, 2014

4345237 It's because I doesn't afraid of anything.

4345083 wow... I almost respected that statement. But then I remembered that doesn't seem to hinder your ability to crush people's dreams. You monster.

Anyhow, with that crap out of my way, I'll just go back to reading. Yes, there are a few distasteful parts to this story, but, then again, a lot of good stories on this site have stupid plots. And those stupid plots were ignored for the sake that they were well written. So, in conclusion... Do what you want. Your story, just make sure you have that... I'll be going now.

4345435 hmm? No. Why would I let that ass get me down. I go through worse stuff than him, I just am extremely annoyed by his overly negative opinion. I'm open to people's opinions, but not if their opinion has the potential of hurting someone's feelings. Their are more subtle ways to tell somebody they could improve.

Dear author, I will admit that I have not read your story nor will I ever.
However, I feel the need to point out that a sad story can't, by definition, be a tragedy. Read more about it here.

4345011 who the heck is Darwin.

4345536
The fact that you ask that is funnier than I'm capable of describing.

4345597 *bemused expression* I'm serious.

4345617
I know, which is what makes it all the more entertaining.

4345729 *reads wiki page* I don't get the joke. What does my distaste have anything to do with this guy?

4345743

P.S: I still suggest you make Darwin proud.

mr.ignorable was pretty much suggesting that you go kill yourself.

4345760 oh... Hmm, nah. I'm a coward.

4345419 Hey! I'm supposed to make those kinds of reviews!

4345536 Oh, sorry, let me be more specific. I was referring to the Darwin Award. You should have no trouble coming in first place for that.

4346952 ...... That sounded like an insult.

4347160 That's because it is :3.

4348464 *looks it up* I don't even like evolution. Unless we're talking about pokemon :P

4348691

Darwin Award
Web definitions

The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions circa 1985. They recognize individuals who have contributed to human evolution by self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization via their own actions. ...

4345419 Well i'm sorry but im only 12 years old mr hater!!!:fluttercry:

4345492 It isn't done yet. the true tragedy will be closer to the end of the story.

No mean comments please. I'm 11, almost 12, and if i hate anything, its mean or rude comments.:trixieshiftleft:

4379504 Sad stories can't be tragic by definition. Read the link I sent.


4348691 You're a funny person. As in laughable.

>>Thanks! At least somepony is being kind! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment