• Published 10th Mar 2014
  • 1,175 Views, 11 Comments

An Unexpected Pair of Prom Queens - Salceleeon



Octavia and Vinyl can't wait for there prom

  • ...
2
 11
 1,175

Dancing With Her

Octavia and Vinyl where in the center of the large crowd of ponies, slow dancing hoofs on each others shoulders for support. The pair had been going out for a little over two years, beginning back in junior year. Now seniors there was nothing much to look forward to. End of the school year was rolling around, nothing was left to do, but wait it out. Prom was the current event and the days, no weeks of preparation put into it by the student faculty was astonishing. The seer grandeur of the event was amazing; entering the gymnasium Octavia and Vinyl where both amazed at how it had been transformed form the hard and brutal place of exercise, to a luxurious wonderland of soft lighting, balloons, food, and velvety carpet that wasn't as much pain on the old hooves as the normal wooden floor.

Octavia and Vinyl were one of the few lesbian couple at the school. It of course was something that was not unheard of, but generally at Manehatten High you would get strange looks if even the prospect of a homosexual pony was presented. The normal for teenage ponies was what they received, mainly just a few rumors and bad words spread by the more popular mares. The pair was unbreakable, together Octavia and Vinyl made a formidable army. Generally, they didn't retaliate, but on occasion things could occur and a few bad words and maybe a few swings with a hoof from Vinyl could occur. Often these conflicts where resolved easily enough.

Octavia was a musical master of the cello and various other string instrument, her intelligence was something to be gawk at. Octavia's IQ was off the charts. But instead of graduating early she decided to stay for Vinyl's sake. Not saying that the neon and cyan blue manned, white unicorn was unintelligent or anything. From outside judgment you could possible perceive that stereotypical judgment. While Vinyl was no Octavia, she could hold her own and was attending the same prestige's university as Octavia.

Song coming to an end, the two broke there embrace to trot over to the punch table. Pouring two glasses Vinyl slid her purple tinted sunglasses up and over her horn to expose her light red eyes. The pair took their glasses of punch and sat on one of the nearby loveseats. "What do you think so far." Vinyl asked, taking a long slurp from her glass of punch.

"I think it is quit an average dance, but I does seem to have a magical aura. But I am fine with any dance as long as it is with you." Octavia said, taking a more elegant sip from her glass of punch.

"I heard that some of the unicorns in the student facility cast an enlivenment spell. It is supposed to make you feel more, well more active or excited."

"I guess wacky magic can explain everything." Octavia said with a smirk.

"Hey, that wacky magic is the reason you don't have to carry your heavy saddle bag." Vinyl said, in quick retaliation her cheeks turning red as Octavia planted a kiss on said cheek. Pulling away Octavia smiled, "What should we do next."

"Don't know, it's up to you." Vinyl said looking around the vast gym.

"We should probably go to the bathroom." Octavia said, finishing off her cup of punch and rising. Vinyl did the same and they trotted hooves entwined and out of the gymnasium and towards the bathroom. Entering the bathroom, Vinyl and Octavia went into separate stalls, sat on the toilet, and overheard some other mares enter the room. High pitch voices then began to speak, "What do you think is my hair good."

"It's fine"

"Yeah toots you look so fetch."

"Stop using the term fetch it will never get going," Exiting their stalls Octavia and Vinyl went to the wash basin to find some of the popular mares standing at one of the other basins fixing their makeup. "Wow look at the lesbos." Vinyl's cheeks began to turn red with anger.

"Yeah look at them. Hey Vinyl how does it feel inside another mare mouth." Feeling the anger beginning to rise, Vinyl then lurched forward to punch one of them in the face. Vinyl was halted by Octavia's extended hoof blocking the way. Vinyl's red eyes focused on Octavia purple. Octavia's eyes seemed to say no Vinyl, it's not worth it. Calming down, Vinyl and Octavia excited the bathroom and back into the gym, cat calls sounding behind them. Vinyl didn't mean to act so angrily, but for the past few day this stuff had been happening. Usually, Vinyl would just shove it off not let it pierce her armor, but recently it was getting so out of hoof that Vinyl didn't want to let it slide. Thankfully for Vinyl, Octavia was there to prevent this every time, otherwise Vinyl would probably be in one of the cells at the local police station.

Going back to the dance floor, this time at the fringes of the crowd. A more lively song played this time. Octavia and Vinyl were swaying back and forth in keeping in rhythmic succession with the song. Song after song whether slow or fast they danced until the Principal went on the stage to announce the Prom king and queen. "Attention all, sorry to halt you in the middle of your fun, but we are going to announce the Prom king and queen," One of the student facility, approached the Principle levitating two envelopes, one of the envelopes slid towards the Principal. Catching, he began opening it clumsily with his mouth until the sheet of paper was held in one hoof. "This years Prom queen is Octavia Mella Melody." Some gasps of surprise came from the crowd. Octavia stood there surprised for a moment, then she trotted across the gym and up the steps on the side of the stage. Then standing next to the Principle, a tiara was magically placed on Octavia's head.

Octavia to say the least was surprised. This event was unexpected, but apparently many of the ponies had voted for Octavia, otherwise why was she standing here. Opening the second envelope with his mouth the Principle said in surprise, "This years Prom king Vinyl Scratch." Then the whole crowd burst out laughing.

Vinyl felt anger well up inside her, obliviously this had been rigged, probably a plan by the popular mares to embrace Vinyl. Feeling her horn beginning to glow Vinyl, then looked across the gym to the stage to see Octavia, she was so beautiful, in the crown, and in the dress, purple eyes shrining in the light. Then Vinyl realized once this was over there was only a few more day left here, once this was done she would never have to see any one else, but Octavia, so Vinyl decided to just enjoy her last few days. Feeling more confident Vinyl trotted across the gym and up the steps to stand on the other side of the Principle. A crown was magically placed on Vinyl's head. All Vinyl could do at this point was beam, smiling Vinyl took in the crowds laughter and it made her laugh slightly too. "Well this was an unexpected pairing, but will the crowd make room for the Prom king and queen dance." The crowd made a circular opening in the center of the herd and a two mare path to this circular opening.

Trotting off the stage Octavia and Vinyl went down the path to the circular opening, a slow song began to play, embracing in the dancing form that they had originally been in. They began to sway back and forth slowly. Not the most elegant of dances, but it would suffice. "I like the sound of King Vinyl." Octavia whispered into Vinyl's ear.

"I prefer Queen Octavia. Gosh you just look so beautiful Octavia." Vinyl whispered back. Smiling Octavia, closed her eyes and put her head in the soft fur of Vinyl's neck until the song was over. More songs played until the night was beginning to come to an end. "Thank you all for attending. I hope you have a wonderful evening and may I say you all look like kings and queens." The Principle said giving to crowd a last smile, before exiting off of the stage.

Crowd beginning to disperse, as ponies went to retrieve their coats, a slight murmur feel over the crowd as ponies began chatting about the nights unexpected turn of events. It turns out that the voting for king and queen had been rigged after all. An equal amount of ponies had voted for Octavia and Vinyl to be queen. Then a little mishap happened where the king ballets went mysteriously missing and had been replaced with Vinyl's ballets. At the entrance to the gym now, all the other ponies had filed out. "Hope you had a wonderful night Octi."

"It was great. Thank you for not freaking out when you where called for king or in the bathroom." Octavia said smiling at Vinyl.

"Yeah. I realized that it wasn't worth it and then when I saw you how beautiful you looked..." Vinyl said trailing off.

"Oh just stop with the sweet talking and kiss me." Octavia said. Obliging Vinyl pulled Octavia close, tilted her head to the side so as not to impale Octavia with her horn, Vinyl closed the distance between there lips and kissed.

Comments ( 11 )
Comment posted by Erik the Enigma deleted Mar 28th, 2014
Comment posted by Erik the Enigma deleted Mar 10th, 2014

I love this shipping :fluttercry:

4060023 who doesn't love vinyl and octavia shipping?:pinkiehappy:


James-Plasma






#2 · 4m, 15s ago ·  ·  ·








>> James-Plasma Here Is A Private Message I Just Sent to You Today to Celebrate the Starting of Production for Transformers 5: The Last Knight...http://www.fimfiction.net/manage_user/messages/9020830








James-Plasma






#1 · 1h, 13m ago ·  ·  · James-Plasma








Hi, Salceleeon, Were Have You Been Lately...everyone as been wondering where you've been in 91 Weeks and 5 Days So Please Give Us A Sign and Complete your Ponybots and the Search for the Spark story...otherwise people are going to be worried about you including me so Please come back to us...This has Been Shane W.L. Nokes aka James S.K. Plasma and I Hope you come back because I am a huge fan of transformers and you should continue the story...Nuff Said.

with thanks and Dearest regards,

from your biggest fan of all time ever,

Shane W.L. Nokes aka James S.K. Plasma

Login or register to comment