• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 53 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode I: Fall of the New Lunar Republic - sonicdash123



After Luna took her sisters throne as queen of Equestria, Charming Thunder plans to help Celestia take it back.

  • ...
52
 53
 3,967

Chapter 13: Redemption

A fiery TIE Fighter crashed on the Death Star's surface as the battle continued. Rainbow Dash, Cheerilee, and Big Mac flew down to the trench to start their attack run. "Switch all power to the front deflector screens," Cheerilee said as they proceeded through the trench. They avoided fire from the guns that were setup in the trench.

"Increase speed full throttle," Rainbow said.

"What about those towers?" Cheerilee asked.

"You worry about the fighters and I'll worry about the towers." They continued flying through the trench until the guns stopped firing.

The gunner of Big Mac's fighter saw two fighters heading their way and said, "Fighters. Coming in point three." As the fighters came closer and closer, one of them fired at Cheerilee only damaging her.

"I'm hit," she said. "I can't stay with you."

"Get clear, Cheerilee," Rainbow said. "You can't do any more good back there!"

"Sorry. I'm out." Cheerilee then flew out of the trench to join up with the fleet. The gunner of the ARC-170 starfighter tried to shoot at one of them but they keep avoiding his shots.

"Activating targeting computer," Rainbow said as she pressed a button and the targeting computer slides towards her left eye. The screen revealed the distance of how far the target is as she proceeded forward. One of the shots from the ARC-170's gunner then hits one of the fighters wings. It then flew sideways and crashed into the fighter that was next to it leaving only one fighter left. "Almost there." The computer showed that the distance of the target close to the exhaust port.

"Hurry, Rainbow," Big Mac said. "He's coming in fast. I don't think I can hold him."

The computer beeped to the target in range. She then pressed the trigger to fire two proton torpedos. The torpedos went in the exhaust port and said, "ITS A HIT!!" Rainbow and Big Mac pulled up from the trench and said, "All fighters pull away from the Death Star. IT'S GOING TO BLOW!!" The rest of the fighters flew away from the station and joined up with the fleet. The station then exploded. The debris from the explosion hits the ground as it faded away.

"Great shot, Rainbow Dash," a pilot said. "That was one in a million." The fighters focused their attack on the rest of the enemy cruisers.

---------------------

The AT-ST that the crusaders hijacked stood in position in front of a bunker where the enemy troops were hiding. A transmission was played inside the bunker revealing the driver of the walker as she said, "Its over, commander. The Rebels have been routed. They're fleeing into the woods. We need reinforcements to continue the pursuit."

"We're on our way now," the commander said. He turned to the soldier and said, "Open the door."

"Yes, sir," the trooper said as he did what he was instructed to do. When the door opened, the soldiers rushed out of the bunker until they were surrounded by the rebel soldiers. They then dropped their weapons and placed their hooves on their heds as the dark troopers pointed their weapons at them.

"Throw them to the dungeon," Twilight said. She then started to fly towards the castle to help Charming Thunder defeat Luna.

---------------------

Charming Thunder looked for Luna behind each pillar in the throne room. "You think darkness is your ally?" he asked as he looked behind the next pillar. "But you merely adopted the dark. You cannot hide forever, Aunt Luna. You've lost."

"What are you talking about?" Luna shouted. "I have the armored battle station."

"Not anymore. It is destroyed now as you look through the window." Luna looked out of the window and saw the Death Star debris falling from the sky.

"How did you--" She then got angry about the situation.

"Your punishment must be more severe. You are the princess of the night. Not just a queen of Equestria. Search your feelings. You know this to be true."

Luna popped out of the pillar she was hiding in and activated her lightsaber as she shouted, "NEVER!!!" Charming Thunder turned to see her charging at him. She tried to hit his head but he blocked that attack. He tried to strike her right hoof but Luna blocked that attack. He then blasted her through the glass window and landed on the ground of the castle wall. He jumped out of the window and locked his blade to hers. Luna then did some strikes as he blocked the same strike over and over again. He then punched her in the chest and sliced her weapon in half. He then kicked her to the ground and pointed his crimson blade to her throat. "You...were destined to destroy me." Charming Thunder grinned as she said, "Do it. Give in to your hatred." Twilight landed behind Charming Thunder and placed a hoof on his shoulder.

"She's beaten," she said. "Let it go." He turned to her and turned back at Luna.

Charming Thunder deactivated his weapon and said, "Keep her restrained." Twilight used her magic to restrain Luna's hooves and legs to make sure she doesn't move. His horn glowed and he placed his horn on her head. Luna started to scream due to the impact of the spell.

A scream was heard in Celestia's ear from Canterlot as she flew to the castle. "Luna?" she said. She then saw Charming Thunder and Twilight standing in front of the unconscious princess of the night. She landed on the ground and walked up to her sister.

Luna groaned and slowly opened her eyes and saw a blur of her sister. "Ngh. What happened?" she asked.

Celestia helped her up as she said, "Its a long story. I'll explain later." She then turned to Twilight and Charming Thunder and said, "Thank you for saving my sister, Charming Thunder."

"I'm just glad that the war is finally over," he said as he placed a hoof around Twilight's shoulder.

"Me too. Now if you excuse us. Me and my sister have a lot to talk about." She then walked with her sister inside the castle as Twilight and Charming Thunder did the same.

---------------------

The next day, the throne room was crowded as Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight stood at the top of the stairs. The door of the throne room opened as Charming Thunder, Rainbow Dash, Applejack in her armor, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie walked up to them. Once they reached to the top of the stairs, Shining Armor stepped up and levitated a case full of medals. One by one, he placed each one around each of their necks. They then bowed to the princesses and Celestia then said, "Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to honor the heroism of these six brave fighters to restore peace to Equestria who ended the war, destroyed the Death Star, and the one who was brave to redeem my sister. I give you the heroes of Equestria." The group then turned to face the audience as Applejack gave Charming Thunder a noogie as the crowd cheered for the heroes of Equestria.

Comments ( 11 )

I would have had Twilight end up fighting Luna near the end. That way you could have had the whole "I am you're mother!" thing.

The Force is Strong with this one.

:trollestia:
Sorry, couldn't resist. Totally reading this.

Equestria Wars Episode I: Fall of the New Lunar Republic

New Lunar Republic

EEEEEEEWWW

6591611 thank you my friend

6591611 but I thought you said he did a good job.

I like the story, but I think that the rebellion has a large lack of morals, they just separated a mother and daughter

okay so who is Charming Thunder mother?

This story is confusing, I can’t root for either side because their both acting crazy, and it just makes no sense. Maybe someday you can rewrite this, fix it up with descriptions and explanations, and better grammar. It’s a fun read, but it just feels disconnected and unfinished.

But did enjoy the read, it was just more tiresome than it should have been. It could be much better.
Those Star Wars quotes :rainbowlaugh: The switch up with them is weird though :unsuresweetie:

Login or register to comment