• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 53 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode I: Fall of the New Lunar Republic - sonicdash123



After Luna took her sisters throne as queen of Equestria, Charming Thunder plans to help Celestia take it back.

  • ...
52
 53
 3,967

Chpater 12: The Duel Begins

The Venator class star destroyer was about to fly to the side of Providence-class carrier. The admiral of the cruiser said, "All batteries fire." The cruiser then started firing at the carrier as it fired back at them. They took heavy damage from the carrier as its last shot hits the carriers control systems and started to go down. When it impacted on the ground, it made a huge explosion and made a huge crater in front of the walls of Canterlot. The cruiser then proceeded forward to the rest of the enemy fleet as the flagship was holding off the rest.

Blueblood was at the flagship's bridge viewing the battle. "I think its time to use our new squadron," he said. He then turned to the commander and said, "Commander?"

"Yes, sir," he replied.

"Deploy the TIE Phantom squadron."

"Yes, sir." TIE Phantoms have started to fly out of the flagship and started to turn invisible and headed towards the enemy squadron that is attacking an Acclamator. The squadron started to fire at the interceptors and fighters to wipe them all.

---------------------

Luna was sitting at her throne wearing her armor. The two magnaguards were standing at both sides of the door. The door then opened and Charming Thunder entered the room. His horn then glowed and levitated the two droids and started to crush them into a cube. He then threw the two cubed droids past Luna and the it rolled like a pack of dice. "I was hoping that you would come besides my sister," Luna said with an evil grin. Charming Thunder didn't respond and started to walk up to her slowly. "I can sense your anger, nephew. Go ahead. Take your weapon and strike me down with all of your hatred and stop me once for all." Charming Thunder then stopped walking and grabbed his lightsaber. Luna did the same but her hilt is curved. He activated his lightsaber and jumped to attack but Luna activated her blue blade and ended up locking their blades together as she did an evil laugh.

---------------------

An AT-ST was walking through the town to chase down the soldiers that are pulling back. The cutie mark crusaders carefully climbed up to the roof of the building they were hiding in. Once they reached to the top, Scootaloo helped Applebloom up and she said, "All right, girls. Lets time this jump right." As the walker walked past the building, the three fillies ran to ready their jump. The drivers of the walker were watching the road when heard a tapping sound from the top of the walker. The drivers looked back to find the sound and when they looked back, they saw Sweetie Belle and Applebloom taunting them.

"Hey," the first driver said.

"Get those kids off of there," the second driver said. The driver then stood up and opened the hatch. As he was about to climb out, he was dragged out and he was then thrown off of the walker by Applebloom. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo then entered the walker and knocked out the other driver. Applebloom then dragged him out of the cockpit and threw him off. Scootaloo then manned the controls and started to move the walker forward.

"Are ya' sure you can drive this thing?" Applebloom asked.

"Trust me," Scootaloo said. "Its just like a video game."

"I hope you're right." She then closed the top hatch and sat behind them.

The AT-TE walkers were pinned down by the enemy walkers. The driver saw another AT-ST heading their way. He shuts eyes as he was afraid to die. The AT-ST then shot the other walker and its head exploded in result. The driver opened one eye to see only to see the enemy walkers head blown to pieces. As the AT-ST passed the AT-TE, the enemy walker collapsed backwards to the ground. The troops that were with the walker cheered to the AT-ST. "Nice shot," Sweetie Belle said. The walker then started to shoot at the enemy ground forces to clear a path for the rebels. They proceeded to Twilight's squad and shot at the enemy droid units. It was 1.93 meters tall and it was equipped with a dual built-in laser cannon on its wrist. The army turned into scrap when they got shot by the AT-ST. "Who's driving that walker?" Twilight asked herself as the walker passed by.

The enemy walkers were chasing down the troops but was soon destroyed by a rocket from a rocket launcher. The last walker was heading towards Applejack and Rarity's group when Applejack said, "Release the banana peels." The trooper on the roof of a house was carrying a garbage can and he dumped the banana peels in front of the walker. The walker then stepped on some and began to slip backwards. It landed side ways and exploded. The troops then cheered for their success when enemy droids pointed their wrist blasters and said, "Freeze. Don't move."

The troops then got scared and dropped their weapons. "Hooves up," the droid said. "Stand up." They were interrupted when they got shot by a big blast. They all were confused on where it came from until they saw the source heading their way. The AT-ST stopped in front of the troops and looked at them.

"Whoa nelly," Applejack said as she took a few steps back.

The hatch of the walker opened up and Applebloom popped her head out and said, "Howdy, sis."

"Applebloom? You almost gave me a heart attack. Get down from there its dangerous." She then hatched an idea in her head and said, "No wait." She then turned to the troops and said, "I've got an idea."

---------------------

Charming Thunder kept on striking Luna but she kept on blocking his strikes. When he was standing at the edge of the stairs, Luna kicked him down the stairs and then chuckled. "Good," she said. "Use your aggressive feelings, nephew. Let the hate flow through you."

Charming Thunder got up and said, "Your skills...are complete, Aunt Luna." He then walked back up the stairs to face her as he said, "But there is one problem."

"And what's that?"

"You are unwise to lower your defenses." He then did a strike to Luna but she blocked that strike. They both then locked their blades together. Luna then tried to strike his leg but he blocked that strike and locked her blade with his again. She then pushed him back and Charming Thunder tried to hit her but she jumped out of the way. He turned to her and strikes again but she flew to one of the ceiling walkways.

Charming Thunder tried to catch his breath as Luna said, "Your thoughts betray you. You did not come here to kill me did you?"

"No," he replied.

Luna laughed and said as she walked sideways on the walkway, "I should've known that you were the one who took my daughter from me. You could've destroyed her when you had a chance at the Crystal Empire." Charming Thunder gritted his teeth and yelled in anger as he threw his lightsaber. She dodged the crimson blade and hits the support strut. It then showered sparks at her and caused the walkway to collapse. Luna slid down the walkway and hid behind one of the pillars in the room. Charming Thunder then walked down the stairs and used his magic to grab his lightsaber and activated it. The anger in his eyes focused on looking for his aunt and end this fight.