• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 3,967 Views, 53 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode I: Fall of the New Lunar Republic - sonicdash123



After Luna took her sisters throne as queen of Equestria, Charming Thunder plans to help Celestia take it back.

  • ...
52
 53
 3,967

Chapter 4: New Allies

Charming Thunder removed his helmet now that the discussion has ended. He then left the tent that had the terminal and he saw the a group of ponies watching the sky as a new starship flew around. The wings have been extended to look a lot like a TIE Fighter. It was a good starfighter for bombers. Its wings then extended to a position so it can land on the ground. The cockpit window opened to reveal a pilot with a striped pink tail. When the pilot removed her helmet, Charming Thunder recognized that pony. It was Ponyvilles school teacher Cheerilee. He was amazed that she is a great pilot. "Wow, Miss Cheerilee," Charming Thunder said. "I didn't know that you were a pilot. That was amazing flying."

"Oh, why thank you," Cheerilee said as she was fixing her mane. "I must say that a lot of ponies are impressed with my flying skills."

Charming Thunder thought for a moment and hatched an idea. "How would you like to be a flight school teacher to teach others how to fly these starfighters like you?"

"It would be an honor. I would love to." Cheerilee shook his hoof as she thanked him.

---------------------

The next day, Charming Thunder was in his room at Rarity's boutique. He was looking at the lightsaber that was left on the table next to a picture of him and Twilight during their visit with Twilight's parents. He levitated the lightsaber and clipped it on his belt of the costume he is wearing. He then puts on his helmet and walked out of his room. When he did, he saw Sweetie Belle with Applebloom and Scootaloo. He then walked to the group as the crusaders were discussing about getting a cutie mark when the war is over. "Maybe we should get a cutie mark by making muffins," Scootaloo said.

"We tried that before. Remember?" Applebloom said.

"Oh, yeah right." The group then heard the breathing sound coming from behind them. They turned and saw Charming Thunder with his costume on.

"How long are you going to where that?" Sweetie Belle asked as she tapped on his helmet.

"When the war is over," Charming Thunder replied. "But I usually do take it off when I feel like it."

"I know that but...the helmet is starting to scare me."

"Sorry." He then levitated his helmet off and placed it on one of Rarity's mannequins and sat down with the group. "Coming up with ideas on getting cutie marks after the war?"

"Yup," they both said.

"But we've got nothin' yet," Applebloom said.

"I got to head out." Charming Thunder said as he got up and levitated his helmet. "But you three let me know when you got any ideas. Ok?"

"Alright," Scootaloo said. He then left the boutique to go check on some progress on ground forces and flight training.

---------------------

Doctor Whooves was polishing a robot that he made so that he can make a demonstration to Charming Thunder. The doctor noticed Charming Thunder coming and rushed to welcome him. "Ah, Charming Thunder," Doctor Whooves. "You're just in time for the demonstration of the Dark Trooper."

"I'm impressed, doctor," Charming Thunder said. "Please elaborate on its capabilities."

"Each Dark Trooper is equipped with an assault cannon which is capable of shooting 400 plasma shells and 20 missiles before reloading. Allow me to demonstrate as it shoots the target." The doctor then pressed a button on a control pant to test out its firing mechanism. The Dark Trooper aimed at the target that is front of it and started to fire at it. In result, the target was disintegrated to ashes.

"Impressive. Most Impressive."

"They are also equipped with a jump pack to get to high places." He then pressed another button to test the flying procedure. The robot then started to float off the ground then back to the ground. "So what do you think of our new troops?"

"They will be excellent in battle, doctor."

"Thank you for your time, sir." They both then shook hooves and Charming Thunder to the flight training school to check how Cheerilee is doing.

---------------------

The class is now sitting in a flight simulator seat learning how to fly a starfighter of their choice. Cheerilee has been checking on the progress on their flight skills. Everyone was doing well with avoiding hazards on the training course. Charming Thunder was in the back of the class watching as they were learning. A beeping sound was heard form his comlink. He took it out of his pocket and answered it. It was Blueblood in the transmission. "Yes?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Your personal starfighter is ready," Blueblood said.

"Has it been tested?"

"It has, cousin. You should come see it."

"I'm on my way." He then ended the transmission and left the flight school.

---------------------

The engineers have been shining the starfighter they just completed. Charming Thunder arrived to see his starfighter and said, "Its perfect."

"No need to thank me," Blueblood said as he walked up to him. "Why not take it out for a test flight." Charming Thunder nodded in agreement and the hatch opened as he was about to take a seat. He made sure that his cape doesn't get caught when the cockpit closes. Once it closed, he pressed buttons to start the engines. The ship then started to lift off the ground and it started to move forward. He used the handle controls to steady the ship as he was flying through town. He flew over Cheerilee's flight class as the students below watched him fly by. Charming Thunder smiled inside his helmet as he turned the ship around to head back to Blueblood.

---------------------

As two Venator class star destroyers flew over Ponyville to set up a blockade on the ship that was still under construction, Charming Thunder landed his ship where it was first seen. When the cockpit opened, he noticed two familiar pegasi. It was Spitfire and Soarin. "I thought they were with the Shadowbolts," he said to himself. He then got out of the cockpit and walked up to the two pegasi. "Hey! You two." Spitfire then turned around and saw Charming Thunder.

"Oh, hey, Charming Thunder," Spitfire said. "Back from your test flight already? Nice outfit."

"Thanks. I thought you were with the Shadowbolts. Care to explain why you two are here?"

"We left the Shadowbolts because we just couldn't take Luna anymore," Soarin said. "So...we came to join you." Charming Thunder thought for a moment as he was breathing through his helmet.

"You two are most welcome as a member of the rebellion." He then walked up close to Spitfire's face and said, "But if I find out that it is a trick, I will charge you for treason. Am I as clear as I could be?"

"Y-yes. But this is no trick."

"Splendid. Now I need you to do me a favor."

"Whats that."

"Tell me where the leader of the Shadowbolts named Rainbow Dash is."