• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 1,230 Views, 14 Comments

Assassins Creed: Harmony - caveman0803



Join the Assassins as they protect the Mane 6 from the Templars

  • ...
3
 14
 1,230

Chapter 4

“Mentor? What are you doing here at this hour and in this weather?” Bunsen asked.

Standing in front of Bunsen is a large earth pony wearing a white robe with the hood drawn over. The earth pony stepped inside the doorway and removed the hood. Underneath the hood was a pony of middle age with a dark red mane with a goatee to match and a grey coat. Before him stood his Mentor, Iron Shadow. He smiled as he looked upon the surprised Unicorn.

“Am I not allowed to visit an old friend?” His mentor asked

“Why would you want to visit a disgraced Assassin of all ponies?” Bunsen asked venomously

“Because I have information that I know you’d want to hear.” His mentor stated matter-of-factly. “Now may I come in? It’s rather wet out here.”

“Fine. I’ll make some tea.” Bunsen said “This way please and keep quiet.”

Bunsen began to lead Iron Shadow through the house into the dining room so they could talk. Thats when Iron Shadow decided it was as good a time as any to start up a conversation.

“So how have you been Bunsen?” Iron Shadow asked.

“You mean since you banished me from the Brotherhood?” Bunsen asked rhetorically “Oh, i’ve been great. Just freakin great.”

“You know I had no choice Bunsen Burner. The evidence against you was too solid and I had to do it to show the Brotherhood that even you aren’t above the creed.” Iron Shadow explained “You not only killed an innocent but you did so in a crowded area and almost revealed the brotherhood. If one of your brothers wasn’t there to provide a distraction, you most certainly would’ve compromised us all.”

“I know all that, but he wasn’t innocent.” Bunsen defended “He was a templar, I was certain of it.”

“And you’re right.” Iron Shadow said bluntly.

It was at this point that Bunsen Burner had walked into the living room, where Pinkie and Fluttershy were at, and stopped in his tracks. He turned around to look his old mentor in the eyes.

“Excuse me?” Bunsen asked.

“You heard me.” Iron Shadow said. “You were right all along Bunsen Burner.”

“So you’re saying I was framed?” Bunsen asked

“Thats exactly what i’m saying.” Iron Shadow stated. “But lets discuss this more in private.”

Iron Shadow said this as he was pointing at the two mares sitting in the same room.

“These two already know who and what we are Iron.” Bunsen defended. “I already told them everything.”

“Everything?” Iron Shadow said with a knowing look in his eye.

“Yes, everything. I told them who we are and what our mission is.” Bunsen said.

“Do they know why the Templars were here?” Iron Shadow asked

“No they don’t. I don’t even know why they were here.” Bunsen said

“They’re here for the bearers of the Elements of Harmony.” Iron Shadow said.

This caught Bunsen off guard. He was suspecting that the Templars were here to kidnap anypony associated with Twilight so they could get to her and then to the Princess. He wasn’t expecting them to be after the Elements of Harmony.”

“Why are they after the Bearers, Mentor?” Bunsen asked.

“The double agent wasn’t the only thing you were right about Bunsen.” Iron Shadow said. “You were also right about one other, very important, thing.”

“And what’s that?” Bunsen asked

Iron Shadow looked at Bunsen Burner with a grim look on his face. “They are trying to reforge the Apple of Harmony.” Iron Shadow said.

Bunsen’s eyes were the size of dinner plates. He recoiled as if he had been punched by a minotaur.

“Thats….thats impossible.” Bunsen said “The Apple isn’t real. You told me the Apple was just a myth.”

“Thats what we thought.” Iron Shadow said. “We thought the Apple was a myth; until recently.”

Bunsen raised his eyebrow and gave Iron Shadow a piercing gaze.

“Care to elaborate?” Bunsen asked.

“Well, ever since the purification of Nightmare Moon six months ago, the templars have been much more active. It seems that their so called “absence” was merely them laying low. They’ve been able to work their way into most if not all of the public offices in Manehattan and even in the royal guard.” Iron Shadow said. “One of our brothers in Canterlot was able to intercept a templar messenger and bring him in for questioning. At first we couldn’t get any information out of him but that same Assassin was able to use something to get him to open up a bit more; Something I never thought we’d use.”

“What would that be?” Bunsen asked

“A truth serum.” Iron Shadow stated. “The very same one that you developed all those years ago.”

“I see.” Bunsen said “Continue.”

“After we administered the serum is when he began to sing. He told us everything including the plan for tonight.” Iron Shadow said. “It was unfortunate that I was late, but it seems everything worked out because tonight shows the return of the Templars biggest obstacle. Something they thought they removed almost six years ago.”

“What is it?” Bunsen asked.

“You.” Iron Shadow said.

“Why me?” Bunsen asked

“Because, you are the only pony on Terra who knows as much as the Templars do about the Apple.” Iron Shadow explained. “Thats why you were framed. They knew we’d banish you if you were to kill an innocent. So they activated their double agent and had you kill him. They knew that Nightmare Moon would be returning soon and The only thing that could stop her was the Elements. So they expanded their numbers and slithered their way into being highly regarded politicians, business owner, astronomers, and even royal guards. After what happened six months ago they knew exactly where to strike and the only thing that remained was when. So they watched and gathered information about the bearers. They learned everything they could about them such as what they do for a living, who they spend most of their time with, and even where they like to eat the most.”

“That explains why I thought I saw somepony watching me do business with Twilight this morning.” Bunsen said.

“Yes. So far we only know the identity of one of the Elements of Harmony. Our information gathering over the past 6 months only revealed that Twilight Sparkle is the Element of Magic.” Iron Shadow said. “I admit that it’s shameful that the once great assassins couldn’t even get information as important as this.”

Bunsen Burner sat on his floor, letting all the information he heard go through his head.

6 years.

It had been 6 years since he’d been banished from the brotherhood. He lost the only thing he had ever known in his life and for the first time in his life he felt completely and totally lost. He decided that he would just wander Equestria to search for a new purpose and that purpose came a year afterward when he met Nightwish. Afterwards he dedicated his life to not only taking care of her but to what his special talent truly was; Researching the issues of everyday life and developing solutions for them. For the next 5 years he felt every form of emotion with the little filly from being happy to have her around to being upset when she did something stupid. However, in the 6 years that Bunsen had been banished there was one emotion that never occurred to him. Anger. He never realized just how angry he was at the Brotherhood. Angry for not believing him. Angry for banishing him. For abandoning him. He stood up and walked over to his coffee table and looked at it. It was at that moment that all the anger that had been building up inside him for so long finally gave the final push.

Bunsen Burner snapped.

In the blink of an eye he raised his hoof and smashed the table in half. He scared poor Fluttershy and spooked Pinkie Pie, both of whom were now hiding behind the couches. Iron Shadow looked at Bunsen with concern in his eyes but Bunsen wasn’t having it. He was angry for the first time in a long time and he wasn’t done yet. He turned around and looked at Iron Shadow with intense anger in his eyes.

“Are you alright Bunsen.” Iron Shadow asked.

“Am I ok? Am I ok! NO I’M NOT FUCKING OK.” Bunsen shouted “For 6 years I lived with the shame of what I did! I wandered Equestria looking for a new purpose and when I finally have it, you all of a sudden decided to waltz back into my life to tell me that all that guilt that I’ve felt for 6 years was a lie. And do you know what the worst part is, Iron Shadow?”

Iron Shadow shook his head no.

“You. Never. Even. Investigated. It.” Bunsen said while stomping his hoof to emphasize his point. “You took me in when I was just a tiny colt and raised me. YOU raised me to be an Assassin and when that happened you never even considered looking into it yourself. You just decided to sweep it under the rug like nothing even happened. For thirteen years you taught me what was right and wrong and then you go and throw all of that out the window by coming here and telling me that you didn’t even defend me. That the evidence was enough proof that I did it and thats that. Yes, i’ll admit that I had been getting arrogant, but I would never murder one of my brothers unless I had an extremely good reason. But you didn’t see that. All you saw was another Assassin. Thats all I was to you and thats all i’ll ever be.”

Iron Shadow as about to reply Bunsen’s rant but he heard a soft noise come from the top of the staircase and everypony looked. At the top of the steps stood a young thestral filly with a blue mane and purple coat. She looked down at Bunsen and ran down the stairs to him. She stood in front of him with a concerned look and that was when Iron Shadow saw something he never thought he’d ever see.

Bunsen Burner was crying.

He wasn’t weeping but Iron knew that they were tears of sorrow and anger and he realized the Bunsen Burner was right. During his leadership the Assassins had grown fat and lazy which is why the Templars were able to do what they needed to get to where they were.

Then the little filly began to speak.

“Papa, what’s wrong? Why’re you crying?” She asked.

“What makes you think i’m crying, Sweetheart?” Bunsen asked while wiping his eyes.

“Don’t lie to me papa.” Nightwish scolded. “I saw the tears and the table thats broken in half.”

Bunsen chuckled. “Of course Nightwish. I can’t get anything past you can I?” He asked her.

“Thats right.” Nightwish stated proudly. “Now answer my question.”

“Ok ok.” Bunsen conceded. “I was just remember something bad that happened to me a long time ago. Remember when I told you to never bottle up your emotions, or something bad will happen?”

Nightwish nodded her head.

“Well thats what happened.” Bunsen explained. “Without realizing it, I have been holding in my anger from something that happened to me a long time ago and It decided to rear it’s ugly head. I’m sorry for waking you up sweetheart.”

Nightwish smiled. “It’s ok papa just don’t do it again.” she said.

“Yes Ma’am.” Bunsen said with a mock salute.

This caused her to giggle at her father’s silliness. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he sent her back upstairs to her bed. This caused a smile to grace Iron Shadows face to see the young colt he found become a responsible stallion.

“I didn’t know you had a daughter Bunsen.” Iron Shadow said.

“Yeap.” Bunsen said while staring at the top of the stairs. He turned around to face his mentor with the same look of seriousness that he had on before. “She’s the reason why i’m here today. I adopted 5 years ago because she needed me.”

“Thats very good of you Bunsen.” his mentor commented.

Bunsen turned to look at his now destroyed coffee table and then back to Iron Shadow.

“I apologize for my outburst Mentor. It wasn’t fair of me to take it out on you.” Bunsen said while lowering his head in shame.

“Bunsen Burner look at me.” Iron Shadow commanded.

Bunsen Burner did as he was told and looked at his Mentor. “Bunsen, you have no reason to apologize to me. You’re right about everything. I didn’t look into what happen and I regret it now more than ever. If I had truly looked into it we would’ve known what the templars were up to much sooner and none of this would’ve happened.” Iron Shadow said. “Can you forgive an old pony for making such a foalish mistake?”

“Of course I can Mentor.” Bunsen said

“Good.” Iron Shadow said. “Now for the real reason why I came here.”

Iron Shadow reached into his saddlebags which were hidden under his robe and pulled out a box with the Assassin Insignia on it.

“Bunsen Burner.” Iron Shadow started. “I need your help now more than I ever have. I’m asking you to once again take up the blade and protect Equestria from Templars and their latest plans. Will you come back to the Brotherhood?”

“Mentor, on any other day I would say no.” Bunsen said. “but because they struck so close to Nightwish I have no choice but to say yes.”

This brought a huge grin to Iron Shadows face. He opened up the box and presented it to Bunsen. Inside was Bunsen's first hidden blade and his most cherished possession. Bunsen took off the blade that was on his right front leg and put his old friend back in his place.

It fit just like a glove. With the return of his blade Bunsen Burner felt whole once again.

“Now for your first assignment.” Iron Shadow started. “I need you to gain the identities of the other five bearers of the elements of harmony.”

“Of course Mentor.” Bunsen said “Their identites are common knowledge around here and they are all my friends.”

“Is that so?” Iron Shadow asked.

“Thats correct.” Bunsen said. “As a matter of fact two of them just so happen to be in the same room as us.”

Bunsen turned his attention to the two mares who had found themselves back in their spots on the couch.

“Mentor, I’d like to formally introduce you to Pinkie Pie, The Element of Laughter, and Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness.” Bunsen said. “Pinkie and Fluttershy i’d like to introduce you to Mentor Iron Shadow, Leader of the Brotherhood of Assassins.”

Iron Shadow looked at the two mares sitting in front of him. One was cowering behind her long pink mane while the other was smiling and waving very enthusiastically.

PInkie pie got up and, in a single bound, landed in front of Iron Shadow, grasped his hoof, and shook it like there was no tomorrow.

“It’ssuperdupernicetomeettheponywhotaughtBunsenthosesupercoolmovesthatheusedtototally saveourtalesbutthatdoesn’tmakesensebecauseitwasn’tjustourtalesthatwereintroubleitwasalsoourlegsandourhoovesandourflanksandourheadsandourmanesthatwereintroublesobasicallyhesavedourentirebodiesfromthoseTemplarmeaniesandhe. Was. So. Cool. when he did it.” She said in one breath emphasizing the last part.

After Pinkie was done shaking his hoof she bounced back to the couch and landed right next to Fluttershy. Fluttershy mumbled her greeting to him and went back to hiding behind her mane. Bunsen sat in his chair and motioned for his mentor to sit on the couch opposite Fluttershy and Pinkie. Once he took his seat, he began to speak.

“I want you to send the names to our bureau in Manehattan so that way we’ll have it on record and be able to coordinate our forces. We’ll also need to set up a bureau here in Ponyville as well. I want you to go ahead and lead them since you know the town.” Iron Shadow said.

“Sounds like a good idea.” Bunsen commented.

“Now i’m going to go ahead and have about ten Assassins stationed here…” Iron Shadow began

“I’m going to stop you right there Iron.” Bunsen said. “If i’m going to be leading this then i’m going to choose how many Assassins I want and who I want. Does that sound fair?”

“Fair enough.” Iron Shadow said. “How many?”

“Five.” Bunsen said. “Including myself.”

“Ok.” Iron Shadow said. “Now who do you want?”

“Well.” Bunsen started. “I want to train Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.”

Comments ( 5 )

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?! You want to train Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy as ASSASSINS??? Can I give you a hug?

5272575 when I was planning this out I thought to myself "caveman who is the least likely to be chosen to be assassin's?" And I decided what the hell I'll use Fluttershy and Pinkie.

A hug would be nice

5272591 Gives hug I like the way you think. :moustache:

5272591
You need to finish this PLEASE:raritystarry:

Login or register to comment