• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,304 Views, 25 Comments

Deep Space Equestrian - jidbrony



Captain Sisko and the rest of Deep Space Nine brings the Dominion War to Equestria

  • ...
6
 25
 1,304

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The Everfree forest, one of the most dangerous places in all of Equestria, most did not dare travel trough these woods willingly or with good reason, but that wouldn't stop Twilight and her friends from venturing in to find out what had come to their home.

"Where's Spike, I want to get going." Rainbowdash said as she passed back and forth her wings flapping violently in angst.

"He will be here, just give him...Wait, their he is." Twilight pointed her hoof as she saw Spike, accompanied by Rarity and Pinkie Pie as they made there way to Fluttershy's cottage which just so happened to be at the edge of the Everfree forest.

"Twilight we got here as soon as soon as we could." Rarity said. "Spike told us everything. I must say a giant fire ball, sounds awfully dreadful."

"It sounds mostly scary to me." Fluttershy said her hoofs starting to shake as she looked at tangled branches that made up the Everfree forest.

"Well whatever it is, we should investigate it." Twilight said sounding determined to go through with her plan.

Everyone else agreed as the six ponies and one baby dragon began to descend into the darkness that was the Everfree forest. For a mew miles they traveled following the high cloud of smoke that was created when the fire ball crashed. The close they got to the smoke the more the air began to taste bitter.

Twilight covered he eyes from the smoke but it was still blinding her vision. "Ugh..., that smoke is making thing's hard to see, Rainbow find a cloud and see if you can put out the fire."

"Got it boss." Rainbowdash said as she dashed into the sky and found the nearest cloud that was floating around. She moved it near to where the fire was and began to bounce on it in order to get a shower of rain from it. The plan worked as the rain continued to poor from the cloud the smoke and flames began to evaporate making it easier to see and less dangerous to approach the former fire ball.

"Okay girls, lets go see what this strange thing is." Twilight said as she the others slowly began to make their way to the patch of forest where the fire ball had crashed. Slowly they peered their heads through the bushes and saw to their astonishment a strange giant metal like creature smashing what used to be the tall trees of the forest.

"What...What is that." Fluttershy said her voice shaking as she looked at the strange creature.

"Looks like a giant turtle." Rainbowdash pointed out.

"Should we go talk to it." Pinkie Pie said giving a big smile. "Give it a big welcome to Equestria party.

"We don't even know what it is darling." Rarity objected trying to bring reason to Pinkie's non existing logic.

"Fluttershy your the creature expert here. Maybe you should talk to it." Applejack said looking at a even more nervous Fluttershy.

"ME! Oh...I don't know...well...I uh..."

"Come on Fluttershy please." Twilight said trying to encourage her friend.

The young yellow Pegasus took a deep sigh of grief before she slowly came out of the bushes and walked up to the strange creature hoping that it was peaceful and just wanted to be friends.

As soon as she was in reach Fluttershy taped her hoof on the metal that made up the creatures skin and began to touch it. "Um..hello." she whispered, hoping were a warm response. She only received silence.

"Try again." Twilight whispered to Fluttershy.

As Twilight requested she tried again, again only to receive nothing but cold silence from the creature.

"Oh this is ridiculous." Rainbowdash then flew towards the creature and started banging on it. "Hey you big lug wake up." She continued this fruitless course of action until a large clang sound came from the front of the creature. Investigating Rainbowdash saw that creature wasn't really a creature at all, for creatures did not have doors in it.

"Hey come over here." Rainbowdash said, call forth the rest of her friends to her position.

"What is this thing." Twilight said examining the fallen door that had been unhinged from the strange structure. She saw inside that the place, it was completely dark not a single speck of light to be seen.

"So, what do you think, should we go in." Applejack asked looking inside the metal beast that stood before them.

"I say no." Fluttershy squeaked.

"I say we go in." Rainbowdash countered.

"Hmm...I agree, with Rainbowdash, we go in." Twilight said as she lit her horn to create a beam of light so they could see what was up ahead.

Slowly one by one the six ponies and one dragon headed into the strange metal beast not sure what exactly what or who lurked inside.

****
Slowly the darkness began to dissipate and everything was starting to come to sight for Captain Sisko, a sharp pain coming from his head as he began to regain consciousness. As his strength returned he got up from his chair and looked around the bridge to see the rest of his crew still knocked out, but he could hear that they too were starting to come back to.

"Ugh..." said a very week Mile'sO'Brien as he started to lift his head from the control panel. "First my shoulder now my head, I haven't been this sore since my honeymoon." The Chief looked around the bridge as well and on his left he saw his friend Dr.Bashir still knocked out from the crash. Quickly O Brien unbunckled his seat to check on his friend.

"Julian." He said trying to wake up the doctor.

"Julian!"

Suddenly, Bashir came to quickly opening his eyes still disoriented. 'What happened, did General Santa Anna break are southern flank!"

"No, no Julian it's me Miles, we made it. Wake up!"

It took the good doctor some time before he realized where he was and what was goinign on, eventually coming to the realization that he survived the ships crash. "Oh...Right, sorry Miles, got a little dazed their."

"Dazed, pft, I'm lucky I'm still in one piece." Garak said as he too started to wake up, making sure that no bones were broken.

While Garak continued his musing Captain Sisko was making sure that Jadzia Dax was okay so far of all of the grew she was the only one who hadn't awoken.

"Jadzia." Sisko said trying to wake up. "Doctor Bashir."

Bashir got up from his chair and made his way to Sisko trying to keep a balance for he still had not full regain full bodily motion yet.

"Is she alright." Sisko asked sounding worried,

Julian got out his medical tricorder to examine her. "She took a heavy blow to the head, some of the brain functions are re-activating fast enough, perhaps something in my medical kit back in the infirmary could help."

"Then I suggest you better go get it." Sisko said, handing Bashir his phaser. "Take it in case any Jem'Hadar followed us."

"Mind if I tag along too." Garak said. "I don't like staying in one place for to long of a time especially in unfamiliar territory. Even if we still are on the ship"

Sisko nodded. "Very well, good luck you two. Hurry."

With that the good doctor and the Cardassian spy were oft hoping they would make it in time before their friend was in serious danger of not waking up at all.

****
The Six Ponies and baby dragon walked down the strange halls of the metal monstrosity not sure what it was our where it came from, all they no is that a bunch of smoke and strange wires were all over the place.

"This place gives me the creeps." Applejack said looking around the place.

"Tell me about it." Rainbowdash responded.

"This place is absolutely dreadful it needs a complete redesign from head to toe." Rarity pointing out already thinking of ways to refurnish the place with her own unique style.

"Well will do a complete sweep of this place and then we go okay." Twilight said trying to keep her horn lit as best she could.

"Uh...Twilight how do you plan to that, if we don't even know were we are going." Applejack asked sounding skeptical.

"Don't worry, I got it." Pinkie Pie said as she painted a red trail of paint to cover their tracks.

Suddenly the sound of hoof steps were heard coming around one of the corners, the Six Ponies and dragon stopped in their tracks Pinkie Pie accidently dropping her pain brush in fear.

"Quick, hide." Twilight whispered

"Where?" Spike asked freaking out.

"Uh....Um...There." Twilight said pointing to a door, in the middle of a hall, however their was one problem, the door had not handle on it.

"How do we open this thing." Rainbowdash said trying her best to forces her way in.

"Come on girls push." As best they could Twilight and the rest of her friends pushed with all their might to get the door open until at last they were able to open it just a little for them to fit inside what seemed to be a closet area.

Peering their way through the crack of the open door they tried to get a good look of what was coming their way. Then from the corner they saw two strange looking figures walking down the halls, one was tall skinny with short black hair and brown skin, the other one look completely different, bulky with gray skin and slick black hair.

"Hey Twilight." Applejack whispered. "Those things look like those creatures you described when you went through that mirror in the Crystal Empire, what were they called again, Huh-Mons."

"Humans, Applejack and yes, well one looks like a human anyway, the other looks kind of different."

"Aliens!" Rainbowdash said in a spooky voice that scared Fluttershy.

"Aliens." Fluttershy hoofs began to shake even more violently then ever.

"I say lets follow them." Rainbowdash said. "And kick their flanks."

'What if they're nice Rainbowdash." Pinkie Pie interjected. "Then we could through them a Alien party."

"What if there mean, and try to kill us." Rainbowdash retorted. "I say we follow them."

"Well Rainbow...I don't think..." but it was to late Twilight wasn't able to get a few words out before Rainbow forced her way out of the closet and started following the two aliens direction. In frustration Twilight and the others were now forced to follow her so she wouldn't get in trouble.

****
"Tell me good Doctor our you nervous." Garak asked curiously.

"No, why." Bashir said as the two of them walked down the dark hallways of the Defiant.

"Well I noticed that your breathing more heavily then you normally would, not to mention their are a few drops of sweat dripping down your forehead."

Bashir looked at Garak with amazement. "You can tell when I'm..."

"I was a member of the Obsidian Order for many years good Doctor, they train us to tell when someone is ready to crack under pressure. Helps make interrogations far more effective .So far you are mildly deteriorating, nothing really to worry about. Now if you heart starts pounding then we should be worried. Especially when one doesn't know what is behind one's back. "

Bashir merely nodded preferring to just take Garak's word for it instead of hearing about him slowly breaking down due to stress. As the two continued their way to the medical bay Bashir couldn't help but think about Garak's words, wondering if anything might be hunting them as he spoke, he thought about if this is what the life of a spy was like nothing but paranoia and deceit.

"Garak, do you think that someone will come after us."

"Of course, only question is who, and why."

Bashir faced grimaced, Garak was always known for seeing things in a negative light but with nothing but darkness around them he was beginning to think from the same view point as his Cardassian friend.

After of what seemed to be several more hours of walking Garak seemed to notice Bashir starting to lose his nerve. "Don't worry Doctor, just imagine your back on the station playing with one of your make believe spy simulation's."

"Thanks Garak, I'll try."

"Good, I don't want to have to kill you encase you go insane."

"Oh...Wait what."

However Bashir's answer would have to wait for Garak stopped his human friend in his tracks his face looking alert his weapon at the ready.

"What is it Garak." Bashir asked looking around unable to see anything.

"Someone's coming." Garak looked around trying to sense were the intruder is.

"Okay... Look, were already at medical, will make that a base camp." Bashir said

Bashir and Garak slid open the door to the medical bay and barricaded themselves in creating a perimeter around them. Garak and Bashir began to quickly look around left, right, and center insuring that they had no opening to be struck by any enemy combatants. Suddenly as soon as the sign of shadows could be seen Bashir out fear fired his phazer that went straight through the door only to her a high pitch screech of what sounded like a young girl say. "OUCH MY WING!"

Garka looked stunned. "Not the sound I'm used to when trying to harm enemy soldiers."

Doctor Bashir looked through the whole that he had created through the door and to his amazement and outright horror he saw in front of him six color coded horse like creatures all gathered around another one that was not only blew that had wings.

"Could these be...uh oh. What have I done" Without even thinking about Prime Directive or even the fact that he no idea weather or not these creature meant any harm or not, Bashir got his medical equipment and burst out of the medical bay hoping to help the wounded, creature.

"Don't worry I'm a doctor I can help." Bashir said not even thinking about the fact weather or not they could speak English or if the universal translator worked on them. Gently punish a few of them out of the way the doctor got on his knees and started examining the blue flying horse, her right wing looked crippled. He got out all his advance medical devices to stabilize her condition.

"Um..Doctor." Garak said.

"Not now."

"Doctor."

Bashir was in a trance using his medical equipment to try and fix the poor creatures broken wing. His heart was drenched with guilt he might have a harmed a innocent creature.

"Okay...Good she'll be stabilized." Bashir took a deep sigh of relief after a few more moments of using his medical equipment on the creature

"Doctor!" Garak said again much more forcefully!

"What Garak!"

Garak smiled. "Good Doctor, I think you might be the first officer in the Federation to single handily make first contact by accident. Of course I could be wrong considering the Federation lack of effective discipline among officers. Or just lack of discipline in general."

Suddenly everything started to come back into focus as Doctor Bashir was looking at the colorful ponies who started to stare at him their faces frozen in shock. Doctor Bashir could not seem to find the words to speak however thankfully Garak did.

"My apologies for my friend shooting your friend I thought he must have though you where a Jem'Hadar troop, couldn't be too careful now.

Bashir looked up at Garak. "Garak, do you know if these creatures can even..."

"Wait, you did this." The purple one said angrily.

Bashir looked stunned as he was able to understand the horses language.

"Whats uh...Jem...what now." The orange one said in what was identical to a southern accent.

"Hold on, you broke my wing! Why you..." The blue one tried to fly towards Dr.Bashir but only felt was a increase amount of pain. "OUCH!"

"Don't try and fly your wing is still healing and yes...I am terribly sorry." Doctor Bashir responded. "The bone was fractured but I managed to re knit it together."

The Blue Pegasus just glared at the doctor still angry at the fact that he accidentally shot him.

"Well, now that you are done being a doctor I think introduction our in order, I mean you already broken half a dozen of Star Fleet regulations on First Contact and probably violated the Prime Directive so...why stop now." Mr.Garak said.

Suddenly a small beep sound came from Doctor Bashir's uniform.

" Doctor, Bashir what's taking so long." Captain Sisko asked using the communicator.

Doctor Bashir then remembered they came here for a reason. "We are on are way Captain and...I think we just met the locals."


****
Back on the deck, Captain Sisko and Chief O'Brien were keeping watch over Jadzia trying to keep her body steady hoping that she would wake up soon. Lieutenant Nog had joined them for he did not join the evacuation and stayed in Engineering.

"I knew I should have gone with Bashir, I don't like Garak." Chief O'Brien said smugly.

"Jealous Chief." Sisko said smiling.

"Jealous, at Garak...no!" Miles said looking shocked that the Captain would think such of thing.

Sisko gave a small chuckle but then returned to a tone of seriousness. "Tell me chief any luck restoring power to the ship."

"Nope, I'm afraid the ship has no power what so ever."

"Blast."

"So I guess were stuck here until we can get a power source." Nog said sounding frustrated.

Suddenly the door to the main deck opened as Dr. Bashir and Mr.Garak arrived accompanied by Seven strange creatures six of them horse like while the other looked like a lizard.

"Julian what the heck is going on. Why are their horses here." Mile's asked looking at the seven creatures with both intrigue and bewilderment

"Technically they are Ponies." Doctor Bashir corrected.

"Doctor Bashir. I would like a explanation but first things first." Captain Sisko said as he turned back to look a Dax who was still unconscious. As Doctor Bashir began to work on stabilizing Jadzia Dax condition Sisko slowly walked up to the ponies looking at them with interest.

Calmly Captain Sisko turned and looked at the Ponies, knowing that following the Prime Directive was null in void at this point he thought the best course of action would be introductions. "Hello their.I am Captain Benjamin Sisko of the United Federation of Planets."

"Uh...Twilight is he speaking to us." The orange one asked.

"I think so." Twilight responded. As newly crowned Princess she guessed it was her job to deal with newcomers. No better time she guessed to assert some authority.

"Greetings Captain I am Princess Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends." one by one she pointed to them.

"Applejack"

"Rarity"

"Pinkie Pie"

"Fluttershy"

"Spike"

"and Rainbowdash." She pointed to the blue one with the bandaged wing who was giving Dr.Bashir and vengeful glare.

"We are the Ponies of Equestria." They all said together.

"I cam up with that saying." Pinkie Pie said smiling , sounding pleased with herself.

"Princess." Sisko responded that being the most interesting point of the conversation so far. "So you are this worlds ruler."

Twilight blushed a little seeming embarrassed. "Well...I uh...not really...you see."

"She is one of many Princess of Equestria." Rarity interjected.

"I see." Sisko answered nodding his head.

"Yep, our longest ruling Princesses our Princess Celestia and Luna, they live in Canterlot. That's or nation's Capital." Applejack explained. "However we live in Ponyville."

Garak rolled his eyes "Oh goody, horse puns...I wonder if Dominion imprisonment wasn't such a bad choice after all."

"Captain." Bashir interrupted before Sisko could ask more questions.

"Yes Doctor."

"I managed to get Dax stabilized however she will need a place to rest until she can fully recover."

Sisko then turned to the six ponies and Idea popped in his head. "Please can you help us I know we have just made contact but we need a place to help our friend recover."

"You can take her to my house." Twilight replied.

"A castle." Garak asked.

"No...A tree." Twilight responded.

Sisko seemed shocked by the answer if a Pony who was a princess lived in a tree then he knew that he was in for a wild ride in this strange world called, Equestria.

Author's Note:

Yes Equestria Girls is cannon in this fic.

Fun Fact: Originally Garak was supposed to shoot Rainbowdash but I decided to change it Bashir for ...reasons that will pay off later.

Comments ( 7 )

"No, of course I don't know anything about this. Every time anything even slightly chaotic happens, everypony comes running to blame *me*. It's become boringly predictable... wait, did you say Captain *Sisko*?... Yes, actually, I have met him. Don't fight him in a boxing match, that's my only advice."

3750165 Oh....I like that. Hmm...Maybe I should consider round two. :pinkiehappy:

Please tell garak will say his best ... there's hope for you yet to someone (example)

plus id love to see a duel of the dressmakers

3750401 cool & thank you plus I meant to say somepony... somepony to catch his fancy that is

The Everfree forest, one of the most dangerous places in all of Equestria, most did not dare travel threw these woods willingly or with good reason,

Threw should be through.

Rainbowdash should be Rainbow Dash

"It sounds mostly scary to me." Fluttershy said her hoofs starting

>hooves<.

Everyone else agreed as the six ponies and one baby dragon began to descend into the darkness that was the Everfree forest. For a mew miles they traveled following

>Few miles<

Twilight covered he eyes from the smoke but it was still blinding her vision.

>her<

"Um..hello." she whispered, hoping were a warm response. She only received silence.

>Hoping "for" a warm response<

There are many more, but I am out of time.... Say, if you need an editor, my skills are a little more advanced now, I can help.

so is this story dead?

Login or register to comment