• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 5,259 Views, 100 Comments

Star Fox Equestria - Pronche



Since the Anglar Blitz, the galaxy is at peace... until this day, with Oikonny's invasion on Katina. But, in another system away from Lylat, a new threat arise and only one famous team can intervene: The Star Fox Team.

  • ...
3
 100
 5,259

Mission N°3: Canterlot City

There was smoke coming from houses and a few buildings. Some of them were completely destroyed while parts of others were still standing. A few ponies were running in the streets, trying to find a cover to escape from the metallic birds flying in the sky. The class III Invader ships were everywhere, reducing everything to pieces. True to the Nightmare’s words, Canterlot was in a bad state. Only the Castle was faring slightly better.

[Suggestive theme]

It was on this sight of destruction that Fox emerged from the Hyperdrive. The Royal and Night Guards were doing their best against the Venomian Fighters but they knew it was a lost cause without help. Unfortunately, some of the guards were laying in their own blood on the pavement.

The mercenary own blood turned cold when he saw this.


Those innocents has nothing to do with all of this, they shouldn’t suffer from this….pathetic revenge. It was time to put an end to this madness.

“Computer, I want a check-up. Right now!”

A few sentences appeared on the green screen in front of the vulpine:

[Check-up incoming…loading]
[Twin lasers: enabled
Alpha interface: enabled
All range mode: waiting
Beta interface: waiting
Secondary weapons: waiting
Primary weapons: enabled
Astrogation systems: enabled
Targeting systems: enabled
Nova bombs: waiting
Internal power: enabled
Life support: enable
External power: disabled
Starflight mode: enabled
Deflecting shields: waiting]

[Improvement of the Nova Bombs detected. Their firepower have been enhanced with magic thanks to Princess Luna and her scientists. You also have an infinite amount of them since they can recreate themselves, using the magical crystal stored in your ship.]

[All systems go]
[Arwing primed and ready]

“Magical Nova Bombs? That’s good to hear. Since Canterlot will be the battleground, switch to the All range mode for a better mobility and agility.”

[All range mode: enabled]

Obeying Fox’s orders, the computer opened the Arwing’s wings.

[Emergency, emergency! Emergency, emergency! Incoming enemy fighters]
[Objective: Destroy all invaders or repel them]
[Good luck!]

[Very HIGHLY suggested theme to listen while reading]

“Too bad Falco and the others are not here to help me with this. I’ll keep all the fun for me.”

Fox pushed the throttle to its limit and flew in the middle of the battle. A few Unicorns who were fighting with beam spells stopped what they were doing when they heard the sound of the G-Diffuser coming in their direction. One of them erected a force field to protect himself and his comrades but the metallic bird colored in grey and blue ignored them, preferring taking down one of the other birds.

They looked at the ship with the red fox painted on it, completely shocked. One of those things was on their side? If it was the case, they had a chance to win this fight!

Two other enemies exploded in the sky, dropping various parts almost everywhere.

[Number of Venomian ships: calculating…]
[500 Venomian Invader III and 10 Zeram-class Cruiser]

“That’s all? I thought there were more of them.”

It was at this exact moment that the aforementioned ships appeared in the sky, they weren’t in a good shape but still functioning and ready to do some damage. Those things, measuring at least a hundred meters, armed with seven laser turrets and one missile launcher, directly aimed their weapons at the vulpine. The latter quickly pressed the trigger, his lasers damaging the bridge of one of them very quickly, since it was its only true weakness.

He didn’t have to wait long to see the heavy cruiser transform itself into a giant ball of fire. The orange fox’s radar may be full of foes but he was completely confident about this. He could win this battle, he was in his element after all.

Fox was brought out of his thoughts by a shot passing near his right side. Pulling the stick to him and slowing down, he did a U-turn and accelerated to catch up with the one who tried to put him down.

‘I wonder who is piloting those fighters. It can’t be the ponies, they didn’t receive the training to do something that complicated and none of them would willingly betray Celestia and Luna.’

The answer appeared clearly in front of him, when he saw an Invader III with a bug in it, smoke coming from the eyes and nose, on the seat reserved for the pilot. He was using his horn to manipulate the stick and throttle of his vehicle.

“A changeling?! But they’re in peace with Eques-…wait, the smoke…they’re manipulated by the Nightmare! That explain why they barely know how to use the Invaders III and do a poor job against me.”

Sighing sadly, Fox let out a small ‘I’m sorry’ before aiming and letting out a single plasma beam which immediately destroyed the enemy’s ship. Despite the fact he knew he didn’t have a choice, the mercenary still felt a twinge of pain in his heart. Unfortunately, not every conflict can be avoided and sometimes, blood is spilled.

‘It’s already too late for them, Fox. They’ve been lost since the moment they were corrupted. The best thing you can do, is to relive them from this.’ He thought to himself, taking a deep breath.

In a whisper, he added: “And this is what I will do. I’ll bring all of them down if it’s necessary.”

A squadron of three followed him closely. Suddenly, the fox braked and slightly lowered his Arwing to let them pass above him. He then killed the trio with a charged shot, destroying them immediately. It was the best he could do: not make them suffer more.

Each time he pushed the trigger, one foe caught fire and exploded. Unfortunately, a few of them managed to do some minor damage to his shields, by pure luck.

Using a tall building to turn around, Fox pushed his engine to the limit, moved to the left and right to dodge some lasers and destroyed another Cruiser with a well-placed bomb. It has been a long time since he fought completely alone in his Arwing, since the Anglar Blitz if he remembered correctly.

A small group of six, or seven, fighters passed before him, right in his targeting screen. Instantly, a few shots left his plasma cannon and hit all of them, they exploded into tiny parts which fell to the ground harmlessly.

Some of the guards still fighting cheered when they saw this, their will to fight and moral renewed. With Fox and his Arwing at their side, there was nothing that could stop them from winning this battle.

The mercenary angled his ship in direction of the sun and began to gain altitude. A few Venomian Invaders tried to follow him but were too slow and quickly gave up. When he was at a good distance, he did a full 180° and deactivated all the things he didn’t need before spinning on himself.

[Simple laser: enabled]
[Twin lasers: enabled]

Both of the cannons at his sides and at the nose of his Arwing hummed, ready to unleash their fury.

[Diffusion mode: enabled]

“Here.I.Come!”

A rain of plasma poured from his ship, destroying all the things that came in contact with. Fortunately, all the civilians and allied forces had left the area since a long time. A lot of enemies’ fighters were reduced to nothing and the rest of the Cruisers had some serious damages from this unexpected attack.

His instruments came back to life and at the last moment, Fox brutally pulled the stick to him and escaped a crash that could have been fatal to him. He panted and his forehead and back were drenched in sweat.

“Now I remember why it’s dangerous to use this technique! Good thing I didn’t flew at Mach 4.2.”

[Number of Venomian ships remaining: 307 Venomian Invader III and 6 Zeram-class Cruiser]
[Warning! Nightmare’s and another Unicorn magic detected inside the Castle. Exact location: Throne Room]

“I’m not going to fell for another distraction this time!”

Fox changed his direction and flew to the palace. Not wanting to waste time, he decided to not use the front door and create his own… by smashing the windows. The glass shattered in thousands of pieces when the nose of the ship entered in contact with it. On his path, the Arwing destroyed a few columns.

The sound of the engine died down and the second after, the vulpine jumped from his cockpit, blaster in his hand. Celestia, Luna and the bearers were standing on one side, minus one, surprised to see Fox here. On the other side, there was the Nightmare in company of a grey Unicorn stallion with black mane, a red curved horn, red eyes and purple smoke coming from them. Twilight was standing at their side, a dagger menacing to slice her throat.

“And here comes our last guest. You put a beautiful show outside.” said the pony, grinning.

“King Sombra, I guess?”

“Himself.”

Fox smiled, still aiming his weapon at the duo. “I can’t say I was expecting you to be still alive, care to explain?”

“I survived through my horn, using it to store a part of my essence and kept my shadow form until I was powerful enough to have my body back. With the help of Nightmare, I created my own army to bring Equestria to its knees.”

“But you forgot one thing.”

“Yes, you. But now that I have the Elements in my possession, nopony can stop me!”

A loud bang echoed in the room and there was now a hole right between Sombra’s eyes.

“Nah, I don’t think so. Not while I’m here to kick your plot.”

Strangely, the tyrant grinned, showing his teeth and fangs. “Fool, don’t you understand? I can’t be killed, this body is just a shell. But if I can’t have Equestria, I’ll have to make it disappear from this world.”

He released the dagger’s grip on Twilight and pushed her in direction of the others. Sombra then took his shadow form and merged with the Nightmare who stayed silent during the whole conversation.

There was now a new pony standing at their place. He was as tall as Celestia, had a long horn, floating mane and wings. His eyes were still those of Sombra.

“WE ARE NIGHTMARE SOMBRA! All of you are going to die!” declared the tall Alicorn before his horn glowed red and he teleported away with the Elements of Harmony, laughing manically.

Fox rushed at the ponies’ side, checking all of them for any sign of injury.

“Is everyone alright?”

“Yes, they didn’t harm us.” answered Luna. “But he has the Elements and without them… we have no chance to stop him.”

Celestia smiled at this, shaking her head. “Don’t worry, little sister. The Elements are perfectly safe, I gave a copy to Sombra, nothing more.”

“But, where—“

“You’re not the only one who gave something to Mr. McCloud. I’ve stored them inside his ship.” She then turned her head to look at the mercenary. “Star Fox, you’re the only hope for our world. The only one who can stop this.”

“I’ll do my best, Sombra won’t have his way with me.”

“Will they work without us using them?” asked Twilight.

“Don’t worry my student, they will.”

It was at this exact moment that the light blue sky turned orange, as if the sun was setting. The group rushed to what remained of the windows to see the moon in front of the giant ball of light, creating a solar eclipse. Nightmare Sombra’s head appeared in the sky, still laughing.

“First Andross, then Andrew and now him… why do they like so much to show their big heads to everyone? To scare people away? Anyway, he’s mine.”

Fox then rushed to his vehicle and jumped in his seat. The cyan cockpit closed and the Arwing pivoted until it was in front of the shattered windows. The ponies stepped aside to let him go out of the Castle without having to maneuver too much. The engine began to hum for a moment before the vulpine pushed the throttle to its limit, taking off at full speed and breaking the sound wall in less than three seconds.

[Shield level: 61%]

“Damn, if only I had a silver or gold ring of energy.”

The second after he said this, his communicator rang. Surprised, Fox pressed the button to accept the call.

“Location confirmed. Sending supply.”

That voice…

“ROB?!”

A crate with an “S” written on it was floating in the air, a few meters away from the mercenary. A plasma beam destroyed the crate, releasing its content: a gold ring. Fox passed through it and his shield level rose up to eighty-six percent.

Descending from the space, the old Carrier was floating less than five kilometers away from Canterlot. The sound of three other G-Diffusers echoed in the sky and the Arwings went in formation around the orange fox. Shocked to see his old team with him, he finally smiled before opening his Communication Channel.

“Check your G-Diffuser system.”

“Falco here. I’m fine.” replied the blue avian.

“This is Peppy, all systems go.” said the hare.

“Slippy here, I’m okay.” answered the toad.

“Ok guys, show them why we’re the most feared mercenary team in the galaxy. Let’s rock and roll!”

The team flew to the Cruisers, ready to take them down.

“Falco and Peppy, the three on the right are for you. Slippy and I will take care of the others. Be careful, the others ships are the Venomian Invader III but their pilots are not that good. Their only advantage is their number.”

“Roger.”

“So, who are we fighting against, Fox?” asked the General.

“An Andross-like pony who think he has every right and that no one can stop his plans.”

Suddenly, his Communication Channel went to life and Falco’s voice echoed in the vulpine’s cockpit.

“Watch out Foxy! There’s a charged shot coming on ya’!”

“Do a Barrel Roll!”

Fox applied a little pressure on the left side of his stick, two times, and his aircraft whirled on itself, deflecting the shot. A single Nova Bomb was all he needed to destroy one Zeram-class Cruiser while Slippy flooded the other with plasma. Then, together, they transformed the third ship into a ball of fire.

The other trio met the same fate a few moments later.

“Just like the good old time, right Fox?”

“Yeah, thanks for coming guys.”

Falco’s Arwing began to act strangely, his engine dying down and coming back to life every two or three seconds.

“Something’s wrong with the G-Diffuser.”

Fox sighed and shook his head. “There’s always something’s wrong with yours. Reboot it.”

The avian did as told and his engine did it one last time.

“It’s good now.”

“Alright team, the counterattack begin… now!”

The four Arwings split up to cover more ground. The arrival of the trio was what sealed the fate of this battle. Even if Nightmare Sombra didn’t knew it, his army had already lost. They couldn’t keep up against veterans who went into countless battles.

[Number of enemies ships remaining: 43 Venomian Invader III]

“I leave the rest to you, I’m taking care of our friend. Say your prayers, Sombra.”

Fox accelerated until he reached full velocity and flew toward the space, where Nightmare Sombra’s head was waiting for him.

“You’re a fool to think you can destroy me. Only I have the power to rule Equis!”

The vulpine growled. “There’s a lot of people who said that long before you and they all died. Just like the others, I’ll bring you down… definitively. You’re going to learn the hard way why I’m one of the best where I’m coming from.”

[All systems green]
[Hyper Laser: enabled]
[Harmony Nova Bomb: enabled and ready to be launched]

Sombra’s horn began to glow and a second later, he send a few magical bolts at the fox who easily dodged them. The latter retaliated by spamming the trigger of plasma cannons, aiming at a precise place. Fox knew what his weakness was and how to exploit it, simply because Nightmare Sombra told him earlier: his horn. It was this part of him which survived from the Crystal Heart so if he could destroy it, Sombra would be no more.

Well, that was the best theory he had and strangely, this is where his instincts were telling him to shoot at. And the only thing he had to do is to trust them. A very small crack, but big enough to be seen by Fox, appeared on the appendage. The horn glowed again and this time, it was a long and wide beam, red as blood, which tried to kill the ace pilot. Fortunately, Fox escaped from it but not by much, his shield confirming it by dropping to twenty-two percent of its capacity.

‘If I’m too close a second time, it’ll be the end of me. The Arwing’s shield and fuselage can manage some of the smaller shots but not a laser like this one.’

The more Fox shot at the horn, the more cracks were present on it, making Nightmare Sombra howl in pain.

“I’m going to crush you like the bug you are!”

This was the moment Fox was waiting for. Because of the pain, Sombra would need a few seconds to concentrate and launch his spell. A few moments later, he closed his eyes and grunted in pain while his horn glow for a third time.

“Oh really? In that case, take that!”

Fox used this opportunity to launch the Nova Bomb filled with the magic of the Elements.

The Arwing made a U-turn, accelerating and leaving the scene at full velocity. The ex-leader didn't want to stay near his enemy when he'll explode. The red dot on his map designating Sombra disappeared, indicating he was gone for good this time. An alarm was off, blasting a high-pitched sound in the cockpit to warn him about the bad shape of his shield. The Great Fox II and the Cornerian Carriers were now following him after standing not far from the battle, silently observing the outcome. He activated his Communication Channel and his voice resonated in the others ships.

He sighed. "Fox McCloud here, I'm fine. I'm going to land on the planet, it would be better if you don't follow me until I come back. The inhabitants may be friendly but it wouldn't a good idea if they see a whole fleet in their sky."

The vulpine entered the atmosphere and flew in direction of Canterlot. All the ponies looked up at him, cheering. The Elements of Harmony were with him, flying back to their bearers. He landed in the garden and jumped out of his ship. Shortly after, three other Arwings did the same. A few tears were rolling down his cheeks while looking at his friends coming down from their ships.

"Peppy! Slippy!"

He rushed at them and took them in a tight hug. They could clearly hear him sob…and the hare and the toad were crying too. His heart was overwhelmed with joy. It was like a family reunion. The fourth member of the group looked at them, arms crossed.

"And I don't mean anything for ya', Foxy?"

He gestured the blue avian to come closer.

"Don't be a smart ass Falco, I know you don't like all this mushy stuff but I think you can make an exception, for once."

"Yeah, you're right."

A laugh escaped his beak and he hugged his fox friend too.

"I'm so glad to see you again guys. Come on, I have a report about Nightmare Sombra’s death. Follow me."

When the four entered the Throne Room, there was a row full of soldiers on each side of them. Suddenly, there was the sound a trumpet, signaling the arrival of the team. They stopped in front of the two thrones, where the Princesses and the Bearers were standing. Fox bowed his head and his friends did the same.

“Guys, I present you Princess Celestia, her little sister Princess Luna and the national heroes of this country, Twilight Sparkle and her friends.”

“Princesses, those are the others members of my team. Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare.”

“It’s an honor to meet you three. Fox told us about all the adventures you had.” said Celestia, a smile on her face before setting her eyes on the orange vulpine. “StarFox, you filled your part of our contract, we are in your debt. Thank you for saving us from Sombra and the Nightmare.”

“It’s nothing, I only did my job. Unfortunately, I have to shorten my stay here.”

"But you just defeated Nightmare Sombra and I'm sure you're tired after repelling an invasion. We have plenty of guest rooms for your friends." replied Luna.

The orange vulpine shook his head.

"There are a lot of people who'd like to see me again, so we have to leave. It was a pleasure to meet all of you."

The Princess of the Sun bowed and made a few steps back, still smiling.

"For us too, Fox. I bid you farewell."

The Element of Magic, at her mentor's side, bowed too. The Princess of the Night, silent, walked to Fox. He kneeled and she used this opportunity to nuzzle his right cheek before looking into his green eyes.

"Thank you Fox for what you did for us… but promise me one thing: come visit from time to time."

"Well uh, ok… I mean, sure, no problem!"

The vulpine put his paw behind his head and scratched; a habit of his when he was either nervous or in deep thought. Behind him, Slippy laughed.

"You're not shy, are you Fox?"

A light blush appeared on the mercenary's cheeks.

"Nah, I'm gonna be just fine."

The leader hugged the other bearers of the Elements and he turned his head to his old friends before putting a serious face. "Come on team, it's time for us to go now!"

Before they could leave the room, Celestia interrupted them.

"Fox, what about the payment?"

"Negotiate with the Cornerian Army about this. I'll send them my fee and I'm sure you'll find an arrangement."

Then, the group rushed to the courtyard where their ships were stationed. The two princesses and the six mares quickly followed, wanting to watch the group take off. Fox was the last to enter in his Arwing. The light blue cockpit closed itself and sealed its pilot from the outside world. The vulpine looked at his left to see all of them. He smiled and did a thumb up gesture.

[Arwing primed and ready]

The second after, his personal fighter left the ground and joined the others in direction of the sun, where the old grey Cornerian Carrier was waiting for them.

"So Fox, how was this little adventure?" asked Peppy, curious.

Falco and Slippy said nothing but were exactly thinking the same thing, a grin on their faces.

"It was the best I had in a long time, old-timer." he smiled. "If only, you knew."

Hearing this, the old hare laughed.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll tell us when we'll come back. The rest of the team would love to know what you did during the last month."

"The rest of the team?"

This time, it was Slippy's turn to talk. "Yes, we convinced Krystal, Katt, Lucy, Miyu and Fay to join us."

"W-wait…Krystal!? She's back?"

"Damn it Slip'! It was supposed to be a surprise!" yelled Falco, annoyed by his friend's incapacity to keep a secret for long.

"Don't be so harsh with him." replied Peppy. "Anyway, she was present at your funeral and decided to stay at Corneria for a few weeks. She was with us when we received your S.O.S. You should have seen her face when she heard your voice."

"It was difficult to convince her to stay at Corneria while we were coming for you."

This time, it was Falco who talked.

"Hey, buddy, we brainstormed for some times and I had the brilliant idea that we could create a squadron… StarFox Squadron, what do you think? Cool name, huh?"

"You want to work with me again?"

"Why not? The more, the merrier and it'll be funnier then if we were only four."

Fox grinned. "You know what Falco? You're right, let's do this. I'll even say it's even 20% cooler than StarFox Team. But what about you Peppy, it's not like you can fight with an Arwing on a daily basis. Today was an exception."

"Well, I keep my job as the General of the Army and I give you something to do, from time to time."

"… 20% cooler." muttered the avian, grinning. "I don't know where you learned this expression but I like it! Gimme the copyright!"

The orange vulpine laughed but he was interrupted by a robotic voice on his Communication Channel.

"It's good to see you again, Fox."

"The same for you, ROB. Let's go home."

"Affirmative. The Great Fox is ready to go."

Fox pushed a few buttons on his board and his Arwing accelerated, leaving Equis’ atmosphere.

"We're heading out! All aircrafts report."

The other members of the team were flying slightly behind him with Falco on his right, Slippy on his left and Peppy the farthest.

"Well, I was worried for a moment."

"I’m sure your father would be proud of you… and it’s a good way to make your comeback, huh?"

"I’m fine. You okay over there, Fox?"

"Okay, the others ships are also in the green. ROB, wormhole in direction of Corneria in 3…2…1…Go!"

The second after, the Great Fox II fired a beam which stopped its course a few miles away from its position. The Cornerian fleet crossed the portal, leaving the old ship and the mercenary team flies through it last. Fox looked one last time at Equis with teary eyes and a small smile on his face.

"My friends…thank you." Were his last words before he followed the others, closing the gate behind him.

Equis would be in peace for a long while, thanks to the legendary StarFox Team.

[Suggestive Ending Theme]

Mission N°3: Mission Accomplished

The End

Author's Note:

Wow, that was one heck of a ride.
I was almost in tears when I was writing this chapter.
It's the end of an adventure, one which lasted a little more than a year and half but it was a very cool one. I want to thank all of you for reading/commenting, it was a real pleasure to read what you had to say.

Don't give up and trust your instincts.

Just one last thing

Comments ( 25 )

dude you had a very good premise, a lot of inventive and one of the best characters that you could exploit, for this...

treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/352642/resized_obi-wan-the-chosen-one-meme-generator-you-were-the-chosen-one-i-trusted-you-4d4e12.jpg

Very fun read but to short to ending

Great story. I loved it. I wonder whats going to happen when Fox and Krystal reunite.

Great story. I am also interested in what will happen between Fox and Krystal.:twilightsmile:

6382345
I'm sorry if you're upset about the fact this story is already over but I tend to think a good StarFox fic is like a good StaFox game: short, straight to the point and with epic moments.

I know myself well and it would have been difficult for me to create something longer than this (I'm talking about 30-50 chapters) because I have writer's block often and I run out of imagination from time to time. It may seems like a poor excuse but unfortunately, it's the truth :fluttershysad:

“First Andross, then Andrew and now him… why do they like so much to show their big heads to everyone?

Nintendo Fox Nintendo.

Not bad, but I guess I was expecting a little more. More battles, more character interaction. It was a fine ride, but it felt a bit like a lackluster ending to me. Still, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Comment posted by Orion Light deleted Sep 2nd, 2015
Comment posted by Orion Light deleted Sep 2nd, 2015

Use this as the suggestive theme instead of what you have in the story. Sorry for the spamming. Having trouble posting due to using a tablet.

I should also mention that BrawlBRSTMs3 makes great extended game BGM.

Sad to see there wasn't any sort of epilogue with Fox and Krystal. From her reaction it's clear there was still something there. It just sort of feels... incomplete without that last bit between them. For all we know they got married and had a ton of kids or Krystal joined up with Star Wolf again. Heck, for all we know she could have ended up banging Falco!

you ever going to create a sequel to this story?

Comment posted by kristonalprime23 deleted Aug 1st, 2017

It was a good story

Liked and followed, because this is the greatest story on the whole site.

8909964
I approve of this :raritywink: 👍

8910823
thanks man say uh do you think you could do a sequel to this story?

8917461
using these lines for equestria’s version of star fox.
Internal power to enable. [Enabled]
External power to disable. [disabled]
Primary weapons to enable. [enabled]
Secondary weapons to enable and prime. [primed]
Astrogation systems to enable. [enabled]
Life support to enable. [enabled]
Deflector shields to enable and prime. [primed]
Targeting systems to enable. [enabled]
Alpha interface to enable. [enabled]
Beta interface to prime. [primed]
Twin lasers to enable. [enabled]
Nova bombs to prime. [primed]
Star-flight mode to enable. [enabled]
All-range mode to prime. [primed]
All systems go. [Acknowledged; all systems are go. Arwings primed and ready.]

could we get a sequel to this story it would be worth the wait for the chapters plus not that many crossovers with Star Fox on the website

8284729
The answer, apparently, is yes.

8917486
Star Fox godspeed, a man of culture I see.

Login or register to comment