• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 590 Views, 14 Comments

The Equestrian Interviews - Reaps



The ponies we know and love aren't necessarily the ponies we know and love. Here we have my collection of interviews I managed while in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 14
 590

Searching for... Scootaloo?(Lovable Foals: pt.1)

Chase made sure his things were tucked safely away as he continued his sprint after the orange pegasus he’d been after for almost a minute now. “Damnit, Scoots, just stop flying already. I never thought I’d wish you couldn’t fly, but I’m getting close.”

After a few seconds longer, Chase turned a corner to see the pegasus land on top of a rather large cliff, apparently to stretch and rest. A short glance along the wall face before him told him that a little effort might get him up it without wasting too much time.

“Parkour training, don’t you dare fail me now. I really hope hooves don’t make this any harder, either.”

Without wasting another moment, Chase looked for the best place to start his ascent and sprinted for it. A well-timed jump and decent reflexes managed to land him with two decent holds for both hands and both hooves.

Chase breathed a sigh of relief and began his steady climb up the rock face. About the time he began nearing the summit, he looked down and sighed. “Well, at least I’m not afraid of heights.”

Upon finally pulling himself to the top, Chase got to his hooves. “Wow. You know, they should really put some st--” he stopped as he caught sight of a staircase to the bottom only a few meters away. He slumped slightly and face-palmed, mentally noting he’d at least gotten to where he could do that much correctly now.

Chase shook off the mild disappointment and embarrassment and looked around for Scootaloo. “Where did she-- There!”

On the other end of the fairly long landing, the orange pegasus ended her jog to the edge by leaping off. Chase rushed over and stopped short of the edge. “Okay, no. Think this one through. There has to be an easier way down there.”

Chase looked around quickly and noticed a small slab of wood on the ground roughly the size and shape of a snowboard. He looked to see a rather steep downward incline, but one he calculated was safe enough to make his way down. He smiled and hurried to set off, setting the wood just before the edge and jumping forward onto it, his momentum carrying the make-shift board over the edge and down the slope.

“Yes! Now we’re talking! Now I just have to-- Fuck!” Chase swerved haphazardly around a stump on the hill, nearly losing his balance and having to swerve around to keep on his board.

Chase found himself fast approaching a rock and managed to swerve out of the way again, only to find himself spinning wildly and barely holding his balance. “Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! SHIT! Why did I think this was a good idea? I have never done anything like this before in my life!”

After a moment, Chase managed to steady himself out well enough and noticed the one thing he’d missed before: a lip at the end of the incline, and long drop ahead of him. He gulped and looked around to see if there was any way he could stop in time, now feeling the seconds tick by all-too-quickly.

Before he could even think to try and slow down like any other snowboarder, Chase found himself propelled off the end of the slope and airborne. He saw the ground in front of him still far off, but approaching fast. “Just had to keep pushing your luck, didn’t you? You couldn’t just wait on her to not be doing something like this. Well, you happy, now? You’re going to fucking die!” “Damnit, stop yelling at me… me!” “You guys know we’re fucking crazy, right?” “Wow, that landing is really getting close, I’m not watching.” “No, no, no, wait! Now I can’t see either!”

Chase waited, eyes closed, for what he felt must have been a few minutes, at least. Soon, he heard light flapping of wings, followed by feeling a tug on his arms he didn’t remember before. He chanced a look at what had happened to him.

As he opened his eyes, Chase found himself being set down on the ground just beside the cliff he’d gone off of. “Let me guess, the new guy?”

Chase looked up to the voice and instantly brightened, only to visibly slump quickly afterwards. “Uh, yeah. You’re not Scootaloo, are you?”

The orange pegasus mare giggled and shook her head. “Scootaloo? Uh, no, I’m not Scoots. I’m Mary, Mary Sue. You should probably be more careful, though.”

“Yeah. Heheh. Uh, Mary, any chance you know where I could find Scootaloo? I really need to get her interview done soon.”

“Well, believe it or not, Scoots and her friends do spend a good deal of time in their tree house.”

“So, I’ll likely find all of them, then? Great. I don’t even know how I’m supposed to handle interviewing multiple peop-- er, ponies at once.”

“Hey, don’t worry so much. Just, ya know, try not to fall off of any more cliffs, okay?”

Chase chuckled slightly. “Yeah, I’ll try to manage that.”

Mary Sue smiled and flew off, back down into what seemed an endless abyss. Chase shrugged it off and looked around to get his bearings before setting off towards the CMC treehouse.


After a good hour of getting lost thanks to either having never actually seen where the treehouse is in the show, or, the far more likely, having never remembered seeing it, Chase finally found the tree-residence.

As was just his luck, the real one had a ladder, and one that was currently up and well out of his reach, along with any branches he could use to climb. “So this is just gonna be one of those days, is it? Fine. Have it your way, ponyverse, I’m getting that interview one way or another.” “Do you have any idea how crazy you sound?” “I’m not helping, you know.” “Oh, fine.” “Shut it, all of you. I’ve been through more shit today than Twilight’s character in Lesson Zero. I’m allowed to talk crazy.”

Chase looked around for anything he could use to hook onto the ladder. He was soon delighted to find a curved branch, which he was soon lifting to reach for the ladded, to no avail. This continued for a good ten minutes before he stopped, dropped the stick, and once more face-palmed.

“You’re a unicorn, now. Use the magic you’ve been practicing with.” Chase looked to the ladder and focused his magic, soon wrapping the focus of his consciousness in a field similar to the one covering his horn.

When a few decent pulls gave no real results, he took a closer look and noticed a rather simple, but apparently quite effective locking mechanism. With a bit more focus, and a little more work, the mechanism opened and the ladder slid to the ground with a light thump.

Chase smiled and nearly leapt with joy at this, but voted to hurry up the ladder and to the interview he’d nearly died trying to get. He made his way up the ladder quickly and rushed to the door. It didn’t seem to have any kind of lock on it, for which he was thankful.

Upon opening the door, Chase froze and a lewd, feminine moan rang through his ears as his cheeks lit up. Chase closed the door as quickly as he could and turned towards the ladder. “You know what? That interview can wait a few weeks, or months. Yeah, a few months. That’s fine. I don’t ne-- Fuck!”

Chase was yanked back by three very strong hands. He was pulled into the clubhouse, the door promptly shutting behind him, before being thrown onto a couch to see five angry and, again, very familiar faces, only one of which seemed a bit off from his quick, frantic glance.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know something like that was going on up here, I swear! I won’t tell a soul. I just wanted to interview Scootaloo.”

The room was silent, and as Chase finally started to calm down, he noticed the five mares look between one another before they all bursted into laughter, strangely enough, with one voice noticeably deeper than the others.

“What’s so funny?”

The voice to answer was almost definitely that of a stallion. “Dude, the name’s Scooter, not Scootaloo. Also, chill out. We’re not gonna lynch you or somethin’.”

Finally back in his (more) observant mind, Chase noticed that Scootaloo was, in fact, a stallion, and apparently had a different name to boot. Of course, typical to his more observant mind, he continued to see what he must have missed moments ago, only to find that he’d somehow missed none of the mares or Scooter being clothed in the slightest.

Chase’s cheeks once more lit up as he quickly turned his head away. “Uh, are you, um, sure you don’t want to get dressed first?”

Sweetie Belle giggled. “You’re really not used to things here, are you?”

Chase looked to Sweetie Belle quizzically. “Come again?”

Diamond Tiara shook her head and stepped in to answer. “I’m not sure how it is where you’re from, but it’s pretty normal to be comfortable in the nude as long as you’re indoors. We don’t really approve of trouncing around the town all bare, but then, we aren’t out there.”

Chase nodded slowly, still being sure to keep his eyes looking up as much as possible without just looking at the ceiling. “So, in short, you’re not getting dressed just because I’m here, and that’s normal?”

The group gave a nod.

Chase pulled out his quill, ink, and parchment, taking note of this. “Interesting start to the interview, I suppose.”

The group perked up visibly. Apple Bloom was the first to get a word out, though. “Wait, ya mean yer here ta interview us?”

Chase finally sat up a bit. “Well, I was actually here in the hopes of interviewing Scoota-- Scooter, alone, but seeing as I’ve nearly died, gotten lost for an hour, made an idiot of myself in trying to get the ladder down, and had the manure nearly scared out of me by you lot, I’d say an interview is an interview, and I’ve earned one.”

“I can’t argue there, man.” Scooter plopped down on the couch beside chase. “So, you gonna interview us, or you wanna join us first?”

“I’m perfectly fine fully-clothed, thank you very much. I’ll not have this turn into a clop story. I’m already pushing it, even omitting what I saw earlier from my notes.”

Scooter smirked. “What all’d ya see?”

“Enough to know you really like apples.”

“Point made.”

By this point, Apple Bloom had joined Scooter and Chase on the couch, while the other mares took a seat on the couch across from them, Diamond Tiara sitting in Sweetie Belle’s lap, despite having plenty of room on the couch.

Chase nodded and looked to his notes he’d been preparing. He’d made a list for the CMC, for Sweetie and Diamond, and for Scootaloo alone. He had possible questions for every pony in the room except Silver Spoon, but he figured he could get plenty from the group to make a decent story.

“Okay, let’s get to the interview.”

Author's Note:

Here we are! Part 2 should be out tomorrow! :scootangel: Keep your eyes peeled. Also, yes, I'm breaking this up. There may be only two parts, there may be five, I'll see as it goes along. Also, don't blink. You'll miss the fun stuff. :raritywink:

Comments ( 2 )

OK, well I am not sure what to think of this chapter, it is incomplete so you still have me for the next. However there seems to be something lacking in it.... I just can't put my hoof on it.....

The part I liked most.

“So this is just gonna be one of those days, is it? Fine. Have it your way, ponyverse, I’m getting that interview one way or another.” “Do you have any idea how crazy you sound?” “I’m not helping, you know.” “Oh, fine.” “Shut it, all of you. I’ve been through more shit today than Twilight’s character in Lesson Zero. I’m allowed to talk crazy.”

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

well done, well done.

Looking forward to more.

Mr. Flare:moustache:

Man the pony real world is wierd.

Login or register to comment